• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

David Allan Coe

Started by SandLizard04, November 16, 2009, 08:23:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SandLizard04

November 16, 2009, 08:23:16 pm Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 08:26:04 pm by Ramblin' Man™
After years of trying to see him and two close calls in Mississippi and Oklahoma, I'm finally going to see the (barely) living legend Thursday night. Can. Not. Wait.

The Reality is back...

Baitshop

November 16, 2009, 11:32:16 pm #2 Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:47:09 pm by Baitshop
"I was drunk.....the day my mom got outta prison...
and I went....to pick her up.....in the raaaaaaaaain....
but before I could get to the station in my pick uuuuuuup truck....
she got runned over by a dang ol' traaaaaain....

You don't have to call me Darlin'....Daarrlinn...
but you never even called me by my name....."

A true classic, right up there with "Luchenbach Texas"........

OlGuyWicker

If that ain't country, it will hair lip the pope.

B&GT

He was in Fayetteville not that long ago.

Uncle Ivan

"I told her the three biggest lies in the world..."

Uncle Ivan

rabs_fan4life

November 18, 2009, 11:14:24 pm #7 Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 11:19:57 pm by rabs_fan4life
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 18, 2009, 03:53:01 pm
"I told her the three biggest lies in the world..."

LIES LIES LIES!!  Can't really give my favorite DAC lyric on here lol.  Well it's not so much my favorite as much as it is just the first one that comes to mind when I think of him.

True Believer

He plays at the New Daisy over in Memphis.  You will have a blast RM!

Texarkana_Piggie

some of my friends went to see him one time.  it was at a club and they said he was nasty dirty and stank with b.o. and booze.  they said he was so drunk he couldn't sing all of any of the songs he sang....well tried to sing.  i hope your experience is better, rm.

True Believer

LOL...I didn't get that close to him.  And everytime I have ever gone to see Hank Williams Jr., he can't catch his hiney with both hands.

Hope he is sober when you get to see him RM.

SandLizard04

Yeah, I have a feeling this concert is going to be really awesome or really awful with not much in-between.

The Reality is back...

Don't forget your burning cross.

SandLizard04

Hahaha.

I wonder if he'll actually do any of the x-rated stuff.

Uncle Ivan

Coe's not the racist some paint him as.  He has released some music that was pretty pro-civil rights and anti-racism.

DAC's simply stark raving crazy, but I don't think he's racist.

rabs_fan4life

Quote from: Ramblin' Man™ on November 19, 2009, 01:19:45 pm
Hahaha.

I wonder if he'll actually do any of the x-rated stuff.

"Linda Lovelace" is one of the first songs that comes to my mind when I think about him.  And I don't think his show would be more than about 15mins long if he didn't do any of his x-rated stuff lol.

The Reality is back...

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 19, 2009, 02:59:00 pm
Coe's not the racist some paint him as.  He has released some music that was pretty pro-civil rights and anti-racism.

DAC's simply stark raving crazy, but I don't think he's racist.

I believe those came out as he got older, didn't they? Like, on his later albums? That wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: True Believer on November 19, 2009, 10:50:35 am
LOL...I didn't get that close to him.  And everytime I have ever gone to see Hank Williams Jr., he can't catch his hiney with both hands.

Hope he is sober when you get to see him RM.

where ever it was they saw him was a really small club around here somewhere several years ago. so pretty much everyone was close enough to smell him! :)

SandLizard04

THAT SHOW WAS FREAKING AMAZING.

I've heard it's either boom or bust with his shows and this one was definitely a boom. One of the best concerts I've ever been to.

He's in pretty bad shape, though. He surely can't have much longer left. However, he still puts on one amazing performance.

bleudog

November 22, 2009, 09:11:30 pm #19 Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 09:28:39 pm by bleudog

Saw him in the 70's with Willie, Delbert McClinton, Tony Joe White and Hank Jr.

My favorite song:

http://www.davidallancoe.com/members/lyrics/wouldyou.htm

He cetainly has gotten stranger as he has gotten older.  Parental advisory if you go exploring on the link.

SandLizard04

I got six videos from the show.

If That Ain't Country:
Please Come to Boston:
Waylon, Willie, and Me:
Tennessee Whiskey:
Waylon Jennings Medley:
Willie and Merle Medley:

Billyo62

Somebody quote some lines from his songs.. I dare ya! 
You would get the thread locked and be banned!

Texarkana_Piggie

you don't have to call me darlin, darlin.  isn't that one of his?

Billyo62

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on January 09, 2010, 07:21:41 pm

YEP-- That song is clean most of his aren't, but if it doesn't offend you I will say he is a ton of fun to see live, nothing quite like it!

Texarkana_Piggie

i wasjust taking the dare.... :)

bleudog

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on January 09, 2010, 07:21:41 pm

But as he points out, "a friend of mine named Steve Goodman wrote that song."  (Goodman was also the author of 'City of New Orleans.')

Quote from: SandLizard04 on November 19, 2009, 11:40:05 pm
THAT SHOW WAS FREAKING AMAZING.

I've heard it's either boom or bust with his shows and this one was definitely a boom. One of the best concerts I've ever been to.

He's in pretty bad shape, though. He surely can't have much longer left. However, he still puts on one amazing performance.

And if anybody out there is near Bossier City, LA on July 3rd, DAC is rumored to still be alive and scheduled to perform at Margaritaville.

http://www.margaritavillebossiercity.com/entertainment.html

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas