• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkers Chapel Coach

Started by GoodGuy, December 12, 2018, 08:51:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

December 13, 2018, 03:21:48 pm #50 Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 03:24:31 pm by bleudog
Quote from: dragondad on December 13, 2018, 03:13:11 pm
Totally lost me with that Bleu... can you label a column or row?

They're the five high schools in Union County.  You can click on the % for a little more information.

You were a little vague so I thought I'd be too.  ;)

dragondad

Gotcha,  this somewhat tells me I'm right.  The more balanced demographics are, the more consistently good, or competitive, a program is.... as a whole.

bleudog

December 13, 2018, 04:19:25 pm #52 Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 04:22:30 pm by bleudog
Quote from: dragondad on December 13, 2018, 03:57:30 pm
Gotcha,  this somewhat tells me I'm right.  The more balanced demographics are, the more consistently good, or competitive, a program is.... as a whole.

That plus:

Arkansas 2018-2019

District Description                                        Enrollment       % Free & Reduced Lunch
PARKERS CHAPEL SCHOOL DIST.                             777           38.74%
SMACKOVER-NORPHLET SCHOOL DISTRICT           1,108           50.45%
JUNCTION CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT                          656           65.85%
EL DORADO SCHOOL DISTRICT                             4,278           81.81%
STRONG-HUTTIG SCHOOL DISTRICT                        286           94.06%

UNION COUNTY                                                     7,105          71.23%

old.dole

What kind of support are the other programs getting that football is not? Can you guys be more specific?

Dragon I

Participation would be an obvious one.  Look at the number of kids out for baseball and basketball compared to football.  Coaches pulling at kids to specialize in one sport would definitely be another.  That isn't just at PC though, that is country wide and starts at an extremely young age.

PC fan

Quote from: old.dole on December 13, 2018, 05:53:26 pm
What kind of support are the other programs getting that football is not? Can you guys be more specific?

The answer to your question is none!!!..school is bending over backwards to get football whatever it needs to be successful..board just approved Monday night to build new pressbox and leave old one for visitors to use ..box was always on wrong side anyways lol.. Football gets as much support as all the other sports get...Don't know where that's coming from.. Support by the school is not the problem...period

WD40

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 13, 2018, 10:43:00 am
Boy.... those Dragons still don't like that PC can give them a run for their money on the diamond. 
Not fair to say Looney "runs things" but he has built a tremendous program that the community is proud of.
Football needs to follow suit.

WD40

December 13, 2018, 07:41:09 pm #57 Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 06:23:33 am by WD40
 ;) ;)

dragondad

Quote from: PC fan on December 13, 2018, 07:15:46 pm
The answer to your question is none!!!..school is bending over backwards to get football whatever it needs to be successful..board just approved Monday night to build new pressbox and leave old one for visitors to use ..box was always on wrong side anyways lol.. Football gets as much support as all the other sports get...Don't know where that's coming from.. Support by the school is not the problem...period

I agree,  the school has provided everything they need and more, to have a successful competitive program.

Rida4Life

Quote from: WD40 on December 13, 2018, 07:41:09 pm
I hope Rde4life knows that a lot of us knows he is Mr. Looney. PC head baseball coach

Hahaha!!!! You could not be more wrong there son!

WD40

PC fan

Quote from: Dragon I on December 13, 2018, 06:17:14 pm
Participation would be an obvious one.  Look at the number of kids out for baseball and basketball compared to football.  Coaches pulling at kids to specialize in one sport would definitely be another.  That isn’t just at PC though, that is country wide and starts at an extremely young age.

numbers ok lets look... Baseball and softball both average low 20 numbers every year...that's 4 classes 9th-12th..not 3 classes 10th-12th like football and basketball.. Football always has been between low 20 up as high as 30.. basketball has always been 15-18 ... so looking at numbers I don't get what your saying..when counting 4 classes compaired to 3...just  asking what u see I don't ??

WD40

I believe you had almost 30 on your baseball team.

WD40

December 13, 2018, 08:22:30 pm #63 Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 06:21:42 am by WD40
 :-[

Dragon I

I'm on the outside looking in.  Someone on here said you dressed 24 this season.  That seems low for one of the largest 2A schools that has excellent participation rates in every other sport.  Would you not agree?

eldofan

Football had 24 varsity players which is poor participation for a school of its size .

PC fan

Quote from: eldofan on December 13, 2018, 09:06:23 pm
Football had 24 varsity players which is poor participation for a school of its size .

yes I agree...but I keep reading how soooo many kids play baseball there and they have same amount play  as football... and as I said earlier that's 4 classes not 3..dont get the point of what is being said..what I have read is if football had the participation as baseball ,they would be in good shape number wise... but if you really put the numbers to it..football has more participation per grade ...

WD40

December 13, 2018, 09:31:53 pm #67 Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 09:48:40 pm by WD40
Good nite lol

PC fan

not comparing anything..never mentioned JC in anything ..your an idiot

WD40

You are right i said that wrong. I apologize

Dragon I

Quote from: PC fan on December 13, 2018, 09:47:32 pm
not comparing anything..never mentioned JC in anything ..your an idiot

Irony.

PC fan

WD40.. go back to posting by your other name... it suits you better... !!

WD40

BlueCrew4U

I don't know exact numbers but I would think that over 20 on a 2A baseball team at a school that only fields mid 20s in football would speak to a community issue somewhere.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on December 14, 2018, 08:48:52 am
I don't know exact numbers but I would think that over 20 on a 2A baseball team at a school that only fields mid 20s in football would speak to a community issue somewhere.

you would think so any how.

highway79

I laugh at this whole thread. yall need to be asking these kids why they dont play instead of blaming their mommas and daddys and the other programs at the school.

old.dole

From what little I know about Pc is they need a guy that can recruit the hallways. Figure out a way for kids to not miss practice but still be able to do golf, tennis, band, get their shots in for hoops or take bp or whatever it is that's keeping the kids that aren't playing to play

arkansasprepfootball

Biggest deal here - do they really want to hire a head football coach or was this just a way to get Jacobs into the role.  If they really wanted to be different and really wanted to improve - would make sense to go outside the current program and find somebody willing to break the mold.  I doubt Parkers Chapel does that.

Rida4Life

Quote from: old.dole on December 14, 2018, 11:46:26 am
From what little I know about Pc is they need a guy that can recruit the hallways. Figure out a way for kids to not miss practice but still be able to do golf, tennis, band, get their shots in for hoops or take bp or whatever it is that's keeping the kids that aren't playing to play

The point is that the secondary sports take precedence and they shouldn't.
You think anyone at JC would have EVER asked Carpenter if they could miss football for tennis practice?

.......exactly
that conversation would never happen.

Basketball and baseball should have their season and football shouldn't get in the way of that.... but the other stuff like tennis and golf... give me a break...

Rida4Life

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on December 14, 2018, 11:58:18 am
Biggest deal here - do they really want to hire a head football coach or was this just a way to get Jacobs into the role.  If they really wanted to be different and really wanted to improve - would make sense to go outside the current program and find somebody willing to break the mold.  I doubt Parkers Chapel does that.
So you are saying a AA school orchestrated a plot to get rid of a hometown boy head coach and make the AD HC just to keep his son?
Really? 
I bet u think there are aliens in Area 51 too don't you?

trojanman

Our Sup is trying very hard to make PC a football school to go along with other athletic success so I would imagine he is going to hire the best football guy he can. Whether that is Jacobs himself or someone from outside it will be who he feels is the best football guy

BlueCrew4U

I've seen it all now.
Conspiracy theories over Parkers Chapel Football. 

arkansasprepfootball

Just passing on observations from some in the area.  I believe PC should be much better than they have been football-wise.  I think they can get a good one if that is, actually, what they are looking for.   

BlueCrew4U

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on December 14, 2018, 12:20:45 pm
Just passing on observations from some in the area.  I believe PC should be much better than they have been football-wise.  I think they can get a good one if that is, actually, what they are looking for.

I think you can look at the hire between King and Midyett and see EXACTLY why PC football isn't where they should be.
They had the obvious hire in the building and the powers at the time went out and hired a guy that wouldn't push basketball or baseball for the spotlight.  I think it set the program back at least 10 years.

Rida4Life

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on December 14, 2018, 12:25:34 pm
I think you can look at the hire between King and Midyett and see EXACTLY why PC football isn't where they should be.
They had the obvious hire in the building and the powers at the time went out and hired a guy that wouldn't push basketball or baseball for the spotlight.  I think it set the program back at least 10 years.
I think the person that made that call was specifically worried about basketball at the time from the info I have.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on December 14, 2018, 12:25:34 pm

Understandable.  Guys who understand how to make football important in places like that are tough to find, but they do exist.  Given the talent level PC has, they should be better.  Will be interested to see how it plays out.  Any idea when they are looking to bring someone in?

Rida4Life

I'm not sure if they have given a timeline.  I don't see the El Dorado paper every day but I haven't even seen anything about it in the paper. 
Everything I've heard has been said at Dixie in the mornings.  LOL

trojanman

Them old dudes at Dixie hear everything. I usually go on down to the dugout for my morning coffee to avoid getting a lesson in what ought to be in the mornings

ChapelTrojans

Word on street is they've had a dozen or so apply, interviews could start as early as next week

Rida4Life

Quote from: trojanman on December 14, 2018, 12:37:37 pm
Them old dudes at Dixie hear everything. I usually go on down to the dugout for my morning coffee to avoid getting a lesson in what ought to be in the mornings
Amen brotha!!!

YOUKNOWWHO

word on the street is that MR. Coach Ables is wanting to take his talents to PC.

Dragon I

Well, the kids would play with attitude.........

arkansasprepfootball

While I doubt he goes / wants to go to PC - I figure his time in Hampton is about up.  Only so much of that foolishness a district can/will put up with.

Rida4Life

Quote from: YOUKNOWWHO on December 14, 2018, 01:09:53 pm
word on the street is that MR. Coach Ables is wanting to take his talents to PC.

Interesting.  He's set up to win for a couple more years at least at Hampton.  Why would he make a lateral move with less talent?
Doesn't make sense.

Dragon I

Have you been through Hampton lately?............

trojanman

ole lady must be putting the heat on him to get closer to eldorado. only way he comes to PC

dragondad

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 14, 2018, 01:22:04 pm
Interesting.  He's set up to win for a couple more years at least at Hampton.  Why would he make a lateral move with less talent?
Doesn't make sense.

Set up to win what?  Money talks!

Dragon I

Definitely not a lateral move.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: dragondad on December 14, 2018, 03:20:41 pm
Set up to win what?  Money talks!

Money would be virtually identical.

Quote from: Dragon I on December 14, 2018, 03:45:28 pm
Definitely not a lateral move.

Facilities and resources at PC much better.  Money a wash.  Football talent heavily in Hampton's favor right now.

Dragon I

One is in a dying county with the smallest population for a county in the state.  One sets dead in the center of industry.  One is  consistently getting smaller, one is consistently getting bigger.  One is competitive on a state wide level in every other sport they field with excellent support from the administration and town, one isn't.  Just the obvious ones.  Abel's is young and Hampton may not even have a school in the distant future with the way the county is loosing population.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas