• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MVE @ Timbo 12/7

Started by Flobbito, December 06, 2018, 11:56:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Flobbito

Jr. Girls game is canceled for this trip and Sr. girls game will start at 4:00  with the Sr. Boys game following.  Early start due to inclement weather.

riccoar

Anybody got a good feel for the weather Friday evening?  I saw yesterday around Damascus they had already prepped roads with that spray that turns it dingy gray.

Flobbito

I have to keep up with inclement weather due to my job, NWS is forecasting that there will be accumulation of about 3 inches of snow from about Clinton Northward Friday night through Sunday. They don't know for certain when it will start only that it will be Friday night sometime.

riccoar

Hoping to see some in Greers Ferry.

Flobbito

Not necessarily, I hope the MVE jr girls are playing there Saturday in the championship game.

Flobbito

Quote from: Flobbito on December 06, 2018, 02:04:55 pm
Not necessarily, I hope the MVE jr girls are playing there Saturday in the championship game.

Well, I spoke too soon and have to eat crow now.  Jr. girls lost tonight so let snow!

ballmember

Finals of gflc     at westside Saturday:  Noon-Clinton Jr girls vs Quitman Jr Girls;  1:30 Shirley Jr Boys vs Westside Jr Boys.  Hope no bad weather.

NewToTheLake

Mt Vernon girls by 40 timbo boys by 20

SportsFan5

Tigers couldn't buy a basket tonight. Also some issues with playing against a team of 8. Tigers fall tonight 59-66

Flobbito

MVE Sr. girls won 76-23
MVE Sr. boys won 66-59

Bigleague

They played with 8. That shouldn't be legal. how did they do their spacing with 8 guys? I may have to ask ole riccoar. Why didn't timbo put 8 out there

SportsFan5

Quote from: Bigleague on December 07, 2018, 09:23:09 pm
They played with 8. That shouldn't be legal. how did they do their spacing with 8 guys? I may have to ask ole riccoar. Why didn't timbo put 8 out there
5 blue jerseys and 3 striped make 8 non-white jerseys.

Sports Loser

Quote from: SportsFan5 on December 07, 2018, 06:39:26 pm
Tigers couldn't buy a basket tonight. Also some issues with playing against a team of 8. Tigers fall tonight 59-66
She has multiple accounts NO!!!!! 

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on December 07, 2018, 09:23:09 pm
Isaw it one time at Scotland two refs and Jimmy Lindsey with Scotland versus Witt Springs! 8 on 5 went to Overtime! In those days you could smoke in the lobby while waiting on your parched corn and RC Cola or Upper 10! Pop and popcorn was the order! They knew what I wanted!! I was way more famous then than I am now! My Vernon won on the road don't sound like home cookin cornbread to Sack!

SportsFan5

December 10, 2018, 08:05:36 pm #14 Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 08:11:47 pm by SportsFan5
 ::)

NewToTheLake

Quote from: SackAttack on December 10, 2018, 07:18:46 pm
Isaw it one time at Scotland two refs and Jimmy Lindsey with Scotland versus Witt Springs! 8 on 5 went to Overtime! In those days you could smoke in the lobby while waiting on your parched corn and RC Cola or Upper 10! Pop and popcorn was the order! They knew what I wanted!! I was way more famous then than I am now! My Vernon won on the road don't sound like home cookin cornbread to Sack!
Jimmy was often the best referee in the gym.

SackAttack

Quote from: NewToTheLake on December 10, 2018, 08:34:37 pm
Jimmy was often the best referee in the gym.
Early days y'all all too young to remember Jimmy would sit on an old army surplus shell round box! Green camo and sturdy like Mrs Sack!! Jimmy was one of a kind even in Van Buren County and don't say everyone has one cause Sack knows everybody don't! He kept them refs in line! Shirl BurrHead Saylors Sexy Rex Tyler! Y'all too young never mind! Keep griping about referees and miss the real story

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas