• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Championship: Osceola vs Booneville

Started by 501Arkansas, December 01, 2018, 08:56:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

I want Booneville to win and think they do
I want Booneville to win but think they won't
I want Osceola to wins and think they do
I want Osceola but think Booneville does

Sick Dog

I dont live in Prescott either. I live in Spring Hill, Arkansas. Down on Bois D Arch lake. Great fishing and duck hunting down here. Living the American Dream.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 02, 2018, 02:52:57 pm
I dont live in Prescott either. I live in Spring Hill, Arkansas. Down on Bois D Arch lake. Great fishing and duck hunting down here. Living the American Dream.
That place has run down big time. Remember as a kid running down the road from my Grandma's house to Kidds bait store getting ice cream.

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 02, 2018, 08:55:11 am
Lol man even if we lose I still won't shut up lol. Give my noles the respect they have earned these last two years. They sleeping on the noles I bet you we waking them up now man lol
That's why I said just a little bit 😂🤣😂🤣

gold45

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 02, 2018, 11:05:17 am
I said from Day 1 back in August that Osceola was one of the top 3 teams this year especially when they got the move ins. Whoever wins it they deserve it. Osceola you beat a good AA move up team last night. Booneville escaped. Good luck to both teams for making it. Maybe the best 2 teams didn't make it to the finals this year. My team did not. BUT either way I don't have to live in Osceola or Booneville. So I did WIN. LOL
Im out for the year. My sickness is getting the best of me. Goodluck to all.

Do you have a bad case of mange, Sick Dog?  Asking for a friend.

ISU7

Quote from: gold45 on December 02, 2018, 04:31:47 pm
Do you have a bad case of mange, Sick Dog?  Asking for a friend.
Lol Wow😂🤣

nastynice

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 02, 2018, 11:05:17 am
I said from Day 1 back in August that Osceola was one of the top 3 teams this year especially when they got the move ins. Whoever wins it they deserve it. Osceola you beat a good AA move up team last night. Booneville escaped. Good luck to both teams for making it. Maybe the best 2 teams didn't make it to the finals this year. My team did not. BUT either way I don't have to live in Osceola or Booneville. So I did WIN. LOL
Im out for the year. My sickness is getting the best of me. Goodluck to all.

The best team from each side made it to The Rock.

gerber707

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 02, 2018, 11:51:34 am
Can't tell if I'm having deja vu or if this is real life.
Just like the great Yogi Berra said "It's deju vu all over again"

The Voice Seminole Nation

Just want to say that Osceola has had their eye on the state championship game since we lost that heartbreaker in the state semi-finals last year against the Junction City Dragons.  The Seminoles do not know the word quit!!!!  They have worked their tail off from that loss last year getting ready for this game.  Osceola will be ready for Booneville on Saturday!!!  Osceola will take state this Saturday!!!  We believe in you Seminoles, Let's get it done!!!!

elmerfudd

Quote from: gerber707 on December 02, 2018, 05:30:10 pm
Just like the great Yogi Berra said "It's deju vu all over again"

Alllllllll over again!!

Sick Dog

I wasn't allowed to go to that store Curleywolf 24. We didn't get along with them folks. I disagree with Osceola being better than Smackover. I guess they were that night and that is all that matters. I wish Rivercrest was still in so ISU would leave all our post and threads alone. lol. JK

MR#1

My not-so-bold predictions:

Booneville 38
Osceola 34

Hoping for a great game with no injuries.

Skip Baymore

The only thing for sure is that these guys will have some bruises the next day.  Booneville, most people's preseason number one rolls through the season unchallenged  but had to hang on for dear life against Prescott, the best team the Bearcats had seen.   That one could have ended either way but Booneville remains perfect.  Osceola comes in beating two previously undefeated and unchallenged teams in a row, including the only other team to beat Prescott.  Flip a coin on this one, IMO.  If you flip it a hundred times though I say it comes up Osceola 51 of them.  Definitely a game where turnovers could be a major factor.  Congrats. and good luck to both.

ISU7

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 02, 2018, 07:16:23 pm
I wasn't allowed to go to that store Curleywolf 24. We didn't get along with them folks. I disagree with Osceola being better than Smackover. I guess they were that night and that is all that matters. I wish Rivercrest was still in so ISU would leave all our post and threads alone. lol. JK
Lol Until the final horn of the 3A championship game we are the defending 3A champions  my friend.  Lol get well soon you Skck dog lay off the tainted lettuce 🤣😂🦃🙂

Razorhummer

I'm hoping Osceola will win this and be the first state title since 1997 back in the Clinton Gore era. I'm going to go with Booneville in a close one. I've had Booneville picked to win the class 3A state title before the season even started. Good luck to the Osceola Seminoles, your not only representing the 3-3A but the city of Osceola and NEA. Go Noles!!!

elmerfudd

Stat time! Take them for what they're worth. I just did this for fun.

Total points scored/allowed:
Booneville: 593/188
Osceola: 621/260
Offense advantage: Osceola +28 total points
Defensive advantage: Booneville -72 total points

PPG scored/allowed:
Booneville: 42.4/13.4
Osceola: 44.4/18.6
Offensive advantage: Osceola +2 PPG
Defensive advantage: Booneville -5.2 PPG

Opponent strength of schedule:
Booneville: 85-74
Osceola: 95-66

Common opponents:
Mansfield:
- vs. Booneville 55-6
- vs. Osceola 53-24
Walnut Ridge:
- vs. Booneville 41-13
- vs. Osceola 49-14

Based on what I've been told or already knew, Osceola has played at least 4 teams that at least run a "similar" offense to Booneville in 2018. The following are the numbers for those 4 games. Correct me if these are wrong, or if there were other teams that should be included in this category.

Rivercrest (11-2): 14-16 L
Piggott (6-5): 49-14 W
Gosnell (6-5): 35-30 W
Rison (13-1): 37-28 W

Osceola 135/88

PPG scored/allowed:
Osceola 33.75/22

Strength of schedule:
36-13

rattlerfan17

This is the kind of high-quality post I was waiting for. Thanks EF

501Arkansas

This won't be the first time the Osceola Seminoles and Booneville Bearcats has seen each other in the playoffs. In 2008 Osceola beat Booneville 34-21 and I THINK that's the only time these two teams has faced each other. Anybody know any other time the noles and bearcats faced each other if any?

knownothingboutfallball

Think you are right and it was a cold game as well

ISU7

This will be a key game for me in order for me to win my 2nd straight FF pick ems championship So who wins this one.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ISU7 on December 03, 2018, 10:21:13 am
This will be a key game for me in order for me to win my 2nd straight FF pick ems championship So who wins this one.
I gambled on a few this weekend and went backwards.

Bearcatdad

Booneville

501Arkansas

That's easy, Osceola

TheShreckoning

I believe Booneville will win this one, although the recruits from Rivercrest may help Osceola pull it out in a close one.

Coach79

Quote from: TheShreckoning on December 03, 2018, 05:19:53 pm
I believe Booneville will win this one, although the recruits from Rivercrest may help Osceola pull it out in a close one.

They are a couple of good ones!

501Arkansas

Quote from: TheShreckoning on December 03, 2018, 05:19:53 pm
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

ISU7

December 03, 2018, 06:48:30 pm #75 Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 06:53:40 pm by ISU7
Quote from: Oldman on December 03, 2018, 10:36:00 am
I gambled on a few this weekend and went backwards.
Yep I saw that. PA, NLR and Prescott cost me to go 6-3. This week  If I get all 3 final games right,  I win outright. 🤔🤔🤔

ISU7

gerber707

Quote from: ISU7 on December 03, 2018, 06:55:51 pm
I don't think the Cats can keep up with the Noles speed.
Can't you come up with something better than that. That horse has been beat to death. I'm not a fan of Booneville but that has been said every round of the playoffs. It seems they have handled it quite well. Just a unbiased football fan.

elmerfudd

You underestimate how slow Booneville is. They're so slow, the Seminole speed demons will run right by the Bearturtle ball carriers and not even see them. Kinda like when baseball players struggle with a slow pitcher because they haven't seen the speed of smell in so long.

gerber707

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 03, 2018, 07:18:21 pm
You underestimate how slow Booneville is. They're so slow, the Seminole speed demons will run right by the Bearturtle ball carriers and not even see them. Kinda like when baseball players struggle with a slow pitcher because they haven't seen the speed of smell in so long.
I bet they don't appreciate the sarcasm.

ISU7

Quote from: gerber707 on December 03, 2018, 07:15:58 pm
Can't you come up with something better than that. That horse has been beat to death. I'm not a fan of Booneville but that has been said every round of the playoffs. It seems they have handled it quite well. Just a unbiased football fan.
Oh I didn't mean no harm just asking for a friend 🤣🤣 By the way yall need to go ahead and shoot that horse don't let him suffer 🐎👈🤣🤣

Jabali

We are about as grateful it is not a track meet as Osceolacrest is that it is not a spelling bee.

gold45

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 03, 2018, 08:03:18 am
Stat time! Take them for what they're worth. I just did this for fun.

Booneville: 593/188
Osceola: 621/260
Offense advantage: Osceola +28 total points
Defensive advantage: Booneville -72 total points

PPG scored/allowed:
Booneville: 42.4/13.4
Osceola: 44.4/18.6
Offensive advantage: Osceola +2 PPG
Defensive advantage: Booneville -5.2 PPG

Opponent strength of schedule:
Booneville: 85-74
Osceola: 95-66

Common opponents:
Mansfield:
- vs. Booneville 55-6
- vs. Osceola 53-24
Walnut Ridge:
- vs. Booneville 41-13
- vs. Osceola 49-14

Based on what I've been told or already knew, Osceola has played at least 4 teams that at least run a "similar" offense to Booneville in 2018. The following are the numbers for those 4 games. Correct me if these are wrong, or if there were other teams that should be included in this category.

Rivercrest (11-2): 14-16 L
Piggott (6-5): 49-14 W
Gosnell (6-5): 35-30 W
Rison (13-1): 37-28 W

Osceola 135/88

PPG scored/allowed:
Osceola 33.75/22

Strength of schedule:
36-13

Great post!  You know what they say: "Defense wins Championships." Looks like the Cats have a solid edge there. 

elmerfudd

Quote from: gold45 on December 03, 2018, 09:33:34 pm
Great post!  You know what they say: "Defense wins Championships." Looks like the Cats have a solid edge there.

My thought exactly!

One thing I left out..... in the 4 games against run heavy teams, Osceola averages 2 less TD's per game and allows 1 more TD per game than they do in all other games.

Nature Boy

here's another factoid:

Osceola has played in 4 state title games (2-2). The two wins they were the home team. The two losses...the visitor.

ISU7

Quote from: Jabali on December 03, 2018, 08:02:52 pm
We are about as grateful it is not a track meet as Osceolacrest is that it is not a spelling bee.
Wow Osceolacrest!!!! Now I've heard it all ..

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Missco on December 02, 2018, 01:11:57 am
Rison is a great team but would be the 3rd best team that Osceola has faced. Rivercrest and Blytheville are both better.

Rison did have a great team, but Smackover might have been the 3rd best, just for the record.

The Voice Seminole Nation

Quote from: Jabali on December 03, 2018, 08:02:52 pm

Looks like a big run on sentence there...lol.  I tell you one thing we will be able to spell Saturday....Championship!!!!!

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Bearcatdad on December 03, 2018, 11:04:51 am
Booneville

The Booneville Bearcats?  Kind of new here and don't know all the mascots.

501Arkansas

Last week of high school football

Top 25 according to Hooten.com

1. Booneville (14-0)
2. Osceola (13-1)
3. Rison (13-1)
4. Prescott (12-2)
5. Smackover (10-2)
6. C. Harmony Grove (9-3)
7. McGehee (9-3)
8. Clinton (11-1)
9. Lamar (10-2)
10. Mayflower (10-2)
11. Newport (9-3)
12. Glen Rose (9-2)
13. Danville (8-4)
14. Walnut Ridge (9-3)
15. Mansfield (8-4)
16. Harding Academy (8-4)
17. Charleston (6-5)
18. Melbourne (7-4)
19. Atkins (7-4)
20. Piggott (6-5)
21. Centerpoint (6-5)
22. Barton (4-6)
23. Greenland (6-5)
24. Hoxie (5-6)
25. Baptist Prep (4-6-1)

No. 2 Osceola vs. No. 1 Booneville
This is the first meeting since a 2008 second-round playoff game when 4-3A champion Osceola booted Booneville 34-21. Osceola advanced to that year's semifinals before losing at eventual Class 4A state champion Shiloh Christian.
Osceola makes its first state final appearance since losing the 1998 Class AAAA final to Alma 14-12. The Seminoles won the 1997 Class AA title (28-27 over McGehee) and the 1995 Class AAA (27-0 against Watson Chapel). Outright 3-3A champion Osceola, which scores 44.4 points per game, ripped Rison 37-28 a week ago, dealing the Wildcats their first loss. Dynamic sophomore quarterback Kam Turner (1,550 yards passing and 22 touchdowns, 922 rushing yards and 16 scores) racked up 401 yards and six scores against Rison. Turner has rushed for 108 yards or more four of Osceola's past five outings. Junior running back J.D. Winda (639 rushing yards and seven TDs) averages more than 9 yards per carry. Junior receiver Greg Hooks leads Osceola in receptions (42), yards (812) and TDs (10). The Osceola offensive line is anchored by Jason Ugalde and Jalin Alexander. Defensive whiz Jariq Scales (118 tackles, 18 for losses) sparks the Osceola defense, which allows just 18 points per game.
Booneville plays for its first state title since beating Warren 14-12 for the the 2013 Class 4A championship. The 14-0 Bearcats have been ranked No. 1 in Class 3A since Hooten's Arkansas Football came out in June. Booneville's stellar defense (allows 13 PPG) forced the game's only turnover in last week's 34-31 semifinal win over Prescott when linebacker Cam Brasher intercepted a pass inside his 3-yard line. The Prescott game featured seven lead changes. Booneville senior fullback Carson Ray, who has rushed for more than 1,400 yards and 20 TDs this year, rambled for 130 yards and four scores against Prescott. Junior running back Andrew Robertson added 147 yards, bouncing outside for long gains. Junior QB Evan Schlinker's 14 TD passes this year is a single-season school record. Senior receiver Ethan Dobbs tests defenses vertically. Senior center Sammy Haynes showcases top technique. Juniors Cort Mizell and Ethan Pirraglia blast open holes in the running game. Senior end Noah Reyes has recorded more than 30 TFL this fall, with 10 sacks. Senior Marcus Nichols logged 19 TFL at tackle and end. Ray and Brasher flock to the ball at linebacker.

Hootens picked Booneville to win by 2

ISU7

Quote from: The Voice Seminole Nation on December 03, 2018, 11:31:14 pm
Looks like a big run on sentence there...lol.  I tell you one thing we will be able to spell Saturday....Championship!!!!!
Lol ;D ;D  GO NOLES bring it back to Mississippi Co Ark for the 2nd straight season 8)

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 04, 2018, 09:20:41 am

1. Booneville (14-0)
2. Osceola (13-1)
3. Rison (13-1)
4. Prescott (12-2)
5. Smackover (10-2)
7. McGehee (9-3)
8. Clinton (11-1)
9. Lamar (10-2)
10. Mayflower (10-2)
11. Newport (9-3)
12. Glen Rose (9-2)
13. Danville (8-4)
14. Walnut Ridge (9-3)
15. Mansfield (8-4)
17. Charleston (6-5)
18. Melbourne (7-4)
19. Atkins (7-4)
20. Piggott (6-5)
21. Centerpoint (6-5)
22. Barton (4-6)
23. Greenland (6-5)
24. Hoxie (5-6)
25. Baptist Prep (4-6-1)

This is the first meeting since a 2008 second-round playoff game when 4-3A champion Osceola booted Booneville 34-21. Osceola advanced to that year's semifinals before losing at eventual Class 4A state champion Shiloh Christian.
Osceola makes its first state final appearance since losing the 1998 Class AAAA final to Alma 14-12. The Seminoles won the 1997 Class AA title (28-27 over McGehee) and the 1995 Class AAA (27-0 against Watson Chapel). Outright 3-3A champion Osceola, which scores 44.4 points per game, ripped Rison 37-28 a week ago, dealing the Wildcats their first loss. Dynamic sophomore quarterback Kam Turner (1,550 yards passing and 22 touchdowns, 922 rushing yards and 16 scores) racked up 401 yards and six scores against Rison. Turner has rushed for 108 yards or more four of Osceola's past five outings. Junior running back J.D. Winda (639 rushing yards and seven TDs) averages more than 9 yards per carry. Junior receiver Greg Hooks leads Osceola in receptions (42), yards (812) and TDs (10). The Osceola offensive line is anchored by Jason Ugalde and Jalin Alexander. Defensive whiz Jariq Scales (118 tackles, 18 for losses) sparks the Osceola defense, which allows just 18 points per game.
Booneville plays for its first state title since beating Warren 14-12 for the the 2013 Class 4A championship. The 14-0 Bearcats have been ranked No. 1 in Class 3A since Hooten's Arkansas Football came out in June. Booneville's stellar defense (allows 13 PPG) forced the game's only turnover in last week's 34-31 semifinal win over Prescott when linebacker Cam Brasher intercepted a pass inside his 3-yard line. The Prescott game featured seven lead changes. Booneville senior fullback Carson Ray, who has rushed for more than 1,400 yards and 20 TDs this year, rambled for 130 yards and four scores against Prescott. Junior running back Andrew Robertson added 147 yards, bouncing outside for long gains. Junior QB Evan Schlinker's 14 TD passes this year is a single-season school record. Senior receiver Ethan Dobbs tests defenses vertically. Senior center Sammy Haynes showcases top technique. Juniors Cort Mizell and Ethan Pirraglia blast open holes in the running game. Senior end Noah Reyes has recorded more than 30 TFL this fall, with 10 sacks. Senior Marcus Nichols logged 19 TFL at tackle and end. Ray and Brasher flock to the ball at linebacker.

501 my picking percentage is better than Hootens and I got the Noles by 10. ;D ;D 8)

elmerfudd

1. Booneville (14-0)
2. Osceola (13-1)
3. Rison (13-1)
4. Prescott (12-2)
5. Smackover (10-2)
7. McGehee (9-3)
8. Clinton (11-1)
9. Lamar (10-2)
10. Mayflower (10-2)
11. Newport (9-3)
12. Glen Rose (9-2)
13. Danville (8-4)
14. Walnut Ridge (9-3)
15. Mansfield (8-4)
17. Charleston (6-5)
18. Melbourne (7-4)
19. Atkins (7-4)
20. Piggott (6-5)
21. Centerpoint (6-5)
22. Barton (4-6)
23. Greenland (6-5)
24. Hoxie (5-6)
25. Baptist Prep (4-6-1)

Did I read that correctly??? In a span of 4 years (1995-1998) Osceola went from class AAA to AA, and then up to AAAA???? That can't be right.

ISU7

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 04, 2018, 10:00:15 am
Did I read that correctly??? In a span of 4 years (1995-1998) Osceola went from class AAA to AA, and then up to AAAA???? That can't be right.
One of their championship wins vs Mcgehee they were in 2A. ;D ;D
Call special counselor Robert Mueller. lol

elmerfudd

Quote from: ISU7 on December 04, 2018, 10:09:25 am
One of their championship wins vs Mcgehee they were in 2A. ;D ;D
Call special counselor Robert Mueller. lol

So that is correct??

HG Hornet

1. Booneville (14-0)
2. Osceola (13-1)
3. Rison (13-1)
4. Prescott (12-2)
5. Smackover (10-2)
7. McGehee (9-3)
8. Clinton (11-1)
9. Lamar (10-2)
10. Mayflower (10-2)
11. Newport (9-3)
12. Glen Rose (9-2)
13. Danville (8-4)
14. Walnut Ridge (9-3)
15. Mansfield (8-4)
17. Charleston (6-5)
18. Melbourne (7-4)
19. Atkins (7-4)
20. Piggott (6-5)
21. Centerpoint (6-5)
22. Barton (4-6)
23. Greenland (6-5)
24. Hoxie (5-6)
25. Baptist Prep (4-6-1)
CHG ended their season at 9-4, but otherwise I'll take our final ranking as just about right.  I thought all along we were a top 10 team and enjoyed watching the Hornets continue our winning tradition for another exciting fun filled season.  Next year's CHG team should again be in the top 10 in the preseason polls.........I'm not making any wild predictions, just saying that we'll have another successful season under Coach Ernie Horstkamp.   

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 04, 2018, 10:00:15 am

During that time span is when AAA shuffled conferences and started adding classifications I believe.

elmerfudd

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 04, 2018, 11:08:10 am
During that time span is when AAA shuffled conferences and started adding classifications I believe.

Gotcha. Thanks

ISU7

Bearcatdad

90% chance of rain and winter mix Saturday.  Just like we like it.  Go Bearcats!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas