• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conference Alignment Question

Started by JacketFan, November 26, 2018, 12:12:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketFan

November 26, 2018, 12:12:31 pm Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 06:27:14 pm by JacketFan
Why did they align some of the schools the way they did for other sports?  Its seems to me that Wynne got shafted, as far as travel goes, all of the teams in there new conference is around Little Rock, so now Wynne Athletics is playing in three different conferences, that's right, 3, see below.  Just wondering if anyone on here has any insight on this, it sure takes the whole developing rivalries out of the equation.

Football 5A East                                Other Sports BB, Softball, Baseball  4A-5                       VolleyBall 4A-NEast
Batesville                                          Mills                                                               Batesville
Blytheville                                         McClellan                                                        Blytheville
Forrest City                                       Joe T Robinson                                                Brookland
Greene County Tech                           Stuttgart                                                        Highland
Nettleton                                           Lonoke                                                           Pocahontas
Paragould                                          Pulaski Academy                                             SS-Batesville
Valley View                                        Wynne                                                           Valley View
Wynne                                               E-Stem                                                          Westside Consol.
                                                         Forrest City                                                    Wynne

AHS06

Quote from: JacketFan on November 26, 2018, 12:12:31 pm
Why did they align some of the schools the way they did for other sports?  Its seems to me that Wynne got shafted, as far as travel goes, all of the teams in there new conference is around Little Rock, so now Wynne Athletics is playing in three different conferences, that's right, 3, see below.  Just wondering if anyone on here has any insight on this, it sure takes the whole developing rivalries out of the equation.

Football 5A East                                Other Sports BB, Softball, Baseball  4A-5           VolleyBall 4A-NEast
Batesville                                          Mills                                                               Batesville
Blytheville                                         McClellan                                                        Blytheville
Forrest City                                       Joe T Robinson                                                Brookland
Greene County Tech                           Stuttgart                                                        Highland
Nettleton                                           Lonoke                                                           Pocahontas
Paragould                                          Pulaski Academy                                             SS-Batesville
Valley View                                        Wynne                                                           Valley View
Wynne                                               E-Stem                                                          Westside Consol.
Where did you get the Volleyball conference?  Volleyball should be included with the "Other Sports."  It appears the other teams in the East/Northeast are closer leaving Wynne for the Central.

JacketFan

For some reason, they put Wynnes VB in a totally different conference from the other sports, it would have been more logical to put all of the sports in the conference around the Jonesboro area.  Makes zero sense to me.  I was just wondering if anyone on here had any insight to the reasoning behind it.

JacketFan

Quote from: AHS06 on November 26, 2018, 12:28:27 pm
Where did you get the Volleyball conference?  Volleyball should be included with the "Other Sports."  It appears the other teams in the East/Northeast are closer leaving Wynne for the Central.
Its on the AAAs website, they stuck the VB team in a whole different conference.

bigchief72455

I find most of these realignments are ridiculous. Just play in your conference.

AHS06

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 26, 2018, 02:17:55 pm
I find most of these realignments are ridiculous. Just play in your conference.
I like the realignments for "other sports."  Coming from 6A for both Texarkana and El Dorado we were each other's closest conference game at around 80 miles.  Could you imagine traveling in "other sports" during the week to Siloam Springs and Greenwood.

dodger

Lots of schools don't play volleyball, so they've got to make separate vb conferences to keep the numbers somewhat even.

JacketFan

I read on AAAs website where Wynne petitioned to be moved to the 4a conf. around Jonesboro in other sports, but they voted not to let them move, and on the same night voted to let another school change conferences for whatever reasons. 

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: JacketFan on November 27, 2018, 05:52:05 pm
I read on AAAs website where Wynne petitioned to be moved to the 4a conf. around Jonesboro in other sports, but they voted not to let them move, and on the same night voted to let another school change conferences for whatever reasons. 
Your answer can be summed up in one word — mileage.
I'll be totally honest ... Wynne didn't have a chance to move unless Forrest City wanted to move, too.
If those two schools headed to the 4A-3, then it would have bumped Batesville and Batesville Southside out to the 4A-5. Having Wynne and Forrest City going to the 4A-3 would add about 400 miles of travel to that conference in basketball alone, then add more mileage to the 4A-5.
As far as the other conference switch, it was Maumelle switching to the 5A-Central and Beebe going to the 5A-West. This was voted on by both conferences and received a unanimous vote before going to the AAA and being approved.

JacketFan

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on November 27, 2018, 06:31:52 pm
Your answer can be summed up in one word — mileage.
I'll be totally honest ... Wynne didn't have a chance to move unless Forrest City wanted to move, too.
If those two schools headed to the 4A-3, then it would have bumped Batesville and Batesville Southside out to the 4A-5. Having Wynne and Forrest City going to the 4A-3 would add about 400 miles of travel to that conference in basketball alone, then add more mileage to the 4A-5.
As far as the other conference switch, it was Maumelle switching to the 5A-Central and Beebe going to the 5A-West. This was voted on by both conferences and received a unanimous vote before going to the AAA and being approved.
You are right about it being about mileage, it added a lot of mileage to Wynne, not to mention, the kids will be getting home super late on school nights.  Thanks for the info on the situation, I guess someone had to get the short end of the stick on the new alignments, and I am sure other schools were affected as well, thanks again for the info Southpaw.

Reddie20

Quote from: JacketFan on November 26, 2018, 12:12:31 pm

Football 5A East                                Other Sports BB, Softball, Baseball  4A-5                       VolleyBall 4A-NEast
If Wynne is any good at baseball, I would not be complaining about that conference.  They are pretty much a lock to get in the playoffs if they take four teams. Joe T is going to be solid, Lonoke will be good and PA is not great but decent at baseball, everyone else in that conference are not very talented.  I've seen Youngblood's team at Stuttgart, he has a couple of guys but that's it. I do agree that they should be playing teams a little closer but it is what it is.

The_Pioneer

What, are we not a good enough rival for you?  I get it, outside of boys basketball, we rough you up pretty thoroughly.  But we have a good time don't we??

JacketFan

Quote from: The_Pioneer on December 03, 2018, 07:14:52 pm
What, are we not a good enough rival for you?  I get it, outside of boys basketball, we rough you up pretty thoroughly.  But we have a good time don't we??
Good times for sure, but with new alignments, Wynne won't see the Neers in nothing but Football, and Volleyball

The_Pioneer

Bad break for you in football and vball.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas