• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A State Championship - Little Rock Christian vs. Pulaski Academy

Started by MDXPHD, November 23, 2018, 10:05:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

I think PA wins and I want PA to win
I think PA wins but I want LRC to win
I think LRC wins and I want LRC to win
I think LRC wins but I want PA to win

mharris31696

I hate that this game is Friday night. I'll be in NWA watching the 4A semi. I was hoping for a Saturday night game. Hope the weather doesnt play a factor in it.

BullDogFan72

PA by 28.  The last time these two met this season, PA beat LRC by 42 I believe.  I know that they when met it was really early in the season, so I think that the margin of victory will be somewhat closer this time, but I don't think that PA will have any trouble winning their 5th straight.  They are a dynasty in the 5A.

incogneto

Have it on good authority LRCA has already contacted Jostens to order their state runner up rings.   8)

Yellowcake

Ya'll see the article in the Dem Gaz today on the 5A game?
Neither did I. I just saw a long story about how Zeus is the greatest quarterback to ever walk the face of the earth.

Overdahill

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 28, 2018, 02:13:32 pm
Neither did I. I just saw a long story about how Zeus is the greatest quarterback to ever walk the face of the earth.

i guess we are a basketball state now for sure  ;)

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 28, 2018, 02:13:32 pm

I'm telling ya it's not just me. I have never seen a player so hyped. Criswell is hyped by Morrilton fans on these boards, and it's well deserved, having actually watched a game he's a pure passer, but nothing to the extent Hill is. All these idiots in the National recruiting services have the audacity to rank Criswell above Hill, in fact I've never ranked highly as a qb on any National sites. But the people around LRC and now the Dem-Gaz act like he is this unstoppable force. He's great but my goodness, no one is that great. Now granted, at the high school level those kind of love letter articles are pitched to the paper by the coach, I get that. He's the face of LRC football and any Coach would do the same thing. Last time I checked PA has some player who does make National rankings, what number was he ranked again?...Oh yeah, Number 1. But then what do those dummies in the SEC know. Never mind winning the game, it looks like Hill will end PA's run, I just hope those kids don't stare directly into that sun, corneal burns are quite painful. LRC is ELO and Hill is Jeff Lynn.

Only a few of us dinosaurs will get that reference. For those of you posters born AD, After Donkey King, ELO is not really a group. It's Jeff Lynne and a bunch of hired musicians. I read that since it's starting over 200 various people have recorded/toured with ELO. Lynn writes/composes/sings every ELO song. It's the epitome of one man making the band.

88CityChamp

Quote from: JessieP on November 27, 2018, 09:58:23 pm
You make good, solid thought out concise points. One caveat, it sound a little to much like Wynne 2 years ago. I will never again make the mistake of doubting PA's coaching staff. All this JH talk ignores one simple fact, KK and his staff are full aware of what he can do. The names change but the brain trust stays the same. 2 years ago Wynne's defense was 5x's better than LRC this years. They were big, fast and angry. Their offense ran over people, they had 2 1,000 rushers and an o-line that towered over PA's defensive front. They outweighed them by 50lbs a player. Wynne was waiving the white flag before halftime. What your argument is focusing on is the players, PA is all about the system, the players don't matter. Drop off from Hatcher? Nope. Missing Hunter Henry? Nope. It's the system. The greatest coach in all of sports, John Wooden (The Bruin thing is a coincidence) said "When you pit a system against a group of players the system wins every time". Trust me on this one, When the PA coaches sat down Sunday to set the game plan they didn't say "Oh man, JH is back", they said "JH is back so we'll do x, y and z". 4 in a row is not a coincidence.
Your point is well taken but Wynne couldn't throw it .....at all. Like many "very good teams" they were too one dimensional and they turned it over multiple times to start the game with PA selling out to shut the run game down and the Jackets were swamped from the start.
Kk is a great high school coach (not RJ from out west but very good) and if you watch the film of the last one it was close at half time with a 1st time starter at qb for the Warriors and the Warrior D had multiple stops in 1st half. It didn't turn until the 3rd qtr meltdown at qb when the pressure came and the Warrrior D was then gassed when the O couldn'stay on the field more than 2-3 plays.    KK better be scheming as LRCA will have more than a 5 play offensive scheme this time and if he comes with the same essentially  8 man front  as last time on D they will give up 70 to the Warriors. I am really looking forward to this game as it is 2 very good teams.

Busman

Hope cool heads prevail and this game is moved to Saturday morning. Storms forecast to start at 6:00 Friday.

Yellowcake

incogneto

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 29, 2018, 08:28:24 am
AAA just announced no change
Disappointed
Can you imagine the backlash if two private schools got the game rescheduled and effected 4 public schools game times?

AirWarren

Quote from: incogneto on November 29, 2018, 08:41:41 am
Can you imagine the backlash if two private schools got the game rescheduled and effected 4 public schools game times?

Warren played in a monsoon and went through 3 lightening delays in 2013. The game ended around Midnight.

Think the Chenel mascara and brooks brothers trousers will be just fine to get a little wet :D

JessieP

Did anyone know that if PA wins it will be the longest consecutive football championship streak in Arkansas history? Right now they are tied with Barton at 4.

The Future

Quote from: JessieP on November 29, 2018, 09:23:53 am
Did anyone know that if PA wins it will be the longest consecutive football championship streak in Arkansas history? Right now they are tied with Bryant at 4.
Barton you mean

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JessieP on November 29, 2018, 09:23:53 am
Did anyone know that if PA wins it will be the longest consecutive football championship streak in Arkansas history? Right now they are tied with Bryant at 4.

Barton not Bryant, I think.  Bryant is making their first state championship game for football.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2018, 09:20:01 am
Warren played in a monsoon and went through 3 lightening delays in 2013. The game ended around Midnight.

Think the Chenel mascara and brooks brothers trousers will be just fine to get a little wet :D

My Hart, Schaffer & Marx custom tailored rain suit is ready

MDXPHD

They will pass Barton in the modern era for consecutive championships if they win.

JessieP

What are you guys talking about, I said Barton! Geez guys, pay attention. I don't make mistakes. There was one time where I thought I was mistaken, turns out I was wrong.

AirWarren

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 29, 2018, 09:35:35 am
My Hart, Schaffer & Marx custom tailored rain suit is ready

Stop it. You'll have your limo pulled up in the end zone with a PA tent over it.

Yellowcake

I never advocated 3 games on Saturday. I would support moving to sunday afternoon are Monday night.

in no way shape or form should they impact Saturday plans.

I was at that Warren game. Just figured they wouldn't want a repeat of that.

oh well. Game on.

Red Devil Alum

AirWarren

JessieP

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 29, 2018, 10:22:56 am
I'm hoping PA wears a different uniform every quarter.

Does anyone remember Mood Rings from the late 70's? Some of us are really that old. They changed colors to reflect your mood, we later found out it was temperature (I was devastated) that caused the change. I say PA has the money, why not develop a mood uniform? They change color with the temperature. Or better yet, use led technology and micro chips and develop a helmet that can change during the play! Yeah, that's the ticket. KK could have a joy stick attached to his belt and he can call an audible at the line of scrimmage by changing the color and design of the helmet. Changing uniforms at halftime? talk about archaic.

AirWarren

Quote from: JessieP on November 29, 2018, 10:53:11 am
Does anyone remember Mood Rings from the late 70's? Some of us are really that old. They changed colors to reflect your mood, we later found out it was temperature (I was devastated) that caused the change. I say PA has the money, why not develop a mood uniform? They change color with the temperature. Or better yet, use led technology and micro chips and develop a helmet that can change during the play! Yeah, that's the ticket. KK could have a joy stick attached to his belt and he can call an audible at the line of scrimmage by changing the color and design of the helmet. Changing uniforms at halftime? talk about archaic.

You can actually buy mood rings at this place at the mall lol.

My wife and I thought they were great. Our 9 year old..not so much. Ha.

Maynard G Krebs

The game will be played on Monday night if bad weather dictates.

Yellowcake

where's that coming from Maynard?
As of now, the AAA is saying it's on tomorrow, despite the forecast.
And that forecast has now changed to include a moderate risk of tornadoes. Surely they will make the call before everyone shows up......

This ain't no private v. public issue. This is a game lots of folks want to see.

Even old pre-kids yellowcake would be going to this one. With the hope of a scoreless tie and 44 injured players.

Telling yall, when I was younger and just "ignurnt", I was a hater. As big a hater as any of ya. For they same reasons.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 29, 2018, 12:23:37 pm
And that forecast has now changed to include a moderate risk of tornadoes. Surely they will make the call before everyone shows up......

This ain't no private v. public issue. This is a game lots of folks want to see.

Even old pre-kids yellowcake would be going to this one. With the hope of a scoreless tie and 44 injured players.

Telling yall, when I was younger and just "ignurnt", I was a hater. As big a hater as any of ya. For they same reasons.

Heard it was announced at school.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: JessieP on November 29, 2018, 10:53:11 am

We already have the technology.  Have had it since the 80's.  You remember the Generra Hypercolor shirts?  It's just a matter of implementation now.

Yellowcake

Yellowcake

If they move the game to Monday, and Justice wants it to be pouring rain during the game because he thinks it will give LRCA an advantage, he will just move the rain to Monday. Because, you know, he's Justice....

Oh, stop it again. I am just kidding.  ;D

Yellowcake

you will like this.
Per the AAA Handbook, only persons with the authority to postpone a game are the officials on site at the game.
That's what Hooten's says.

AirWarren

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 29, 2018, 12:23:37 pm

It should be continued. And delayed just like any other game if need be.

Grab you a poncho and weather it out.

JessieP

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 29, 2018, 12:29:26 pm
We already have the technology.  Have had it since the 80's.  You remember the Generra Hypercolor shirts?  It's just a matter of implementation now.

OMG, Generra. I myself sported the Generra peach blazer with the sleeves pushed up to the elbow. I wish they had time travel, I'd go back and tell my younger self "Dude, you look like idiot. Now throw that Frankie Loves Hollywood cassette in the trash and slap the crap out of yourself"

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 29, 2018, 12:33:38 pm
If they move the game to Monday, and Justice wants it to be pouring rain during the game because he thinks it will give LRCA an advantage, he will just move the rain to Monday. Because, you know, he's Justice....

Oh, stop it again. I am just kidding.  ;D

At 6am NOAA upgraded the status to Moderate for the severe storm chances, up from slight yesterday.

You do realize that in addition to avoiding would be tacklers JH can run around in a thunderstorm and dodge raindrops. He can stay dry in a downpour, according to Dem-Gaz anyway.

Ventman

RyanLR

Said on the radio that this game is pushed to Saturday per the AAA.

AirWarren

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2018, 01:42:44 pm
Pitiful.

Yeah, that whole "safety of the kids" excuse is crap. Who cares if someone gets struck by lightnin', this is FOOTBALL!!!  ::)

AirWarren

"Warmer air and clouds have arrived in Arkansas as we wait on a strong storm system to arrive tomorrow night. That system will bring a chance for thunderstorms mainly late Friday into the overnight hours early Saturday morning. A few of the storms could be strong or severe with gusty winds being the biggest threat, but hail and isolated tornadoes are also possible. The precipitation should exit early Saturday and the rest of the weekend is looking sunny and mild. Be sure to follow @KATVMelinda, @KATVToddYak, @KATVBarry, and @KATVNed on Twitter" per katv.

Late Friday night. Into the OVERNIGHT. The rain may not even get here into 9 or 10 pm.

AirWarren

Just heard on the radio. Per the AAA rep on the air.

"There is a rumor going around. About moving the game. That is incorrect. The game is on".

Yellowcake

the only way it is moved is if the refs at the game decide to postpone it. that's it.

people on here reporting the game has been moved are being deliberately untruthful or spreading unsubstantiated rumors.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2018, 01:53:31 pm
"Warmer air and clouds have arrived in Arkansas as we wait on a strong storm system to arrive tomorrow night. That system will bring a chance for thunderstorms mainly late Friday into the overnight hours early Saturday morning. A few of the storms could be strong or severe with gusty winds being the biggest threat, but hail and isolated tornadoes are also possible. The precipitation should exit early Saturday and the rest of the weekend is looking sunny and mild. Be sure to follow @KATVMelinda, @KATVToddYak, @KATVBarry, and @KATVNed on Twitter" per katv.

Late Friday night. Into the OVERNIGHT. The rain may not even get here into 9 or 10 pm.

Ned has lied to me before, plus he is checking out and could give a rat's patoot about accuracy.

AirWarren

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 29, 2018, 01:59:46 pm
the only way it is moved is if the refs at the game decide to postpone it. that's it.

people on here reporting the game has been moved are being deliberately untruthful or spreading unsubstantiated rumors.

Correct.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 29, 2018, 12:36:06 pm
you will like this.
Per the AAA Handbook, only persons with the authority to postpone a game are the officials on site at the game.
That's what Hooten's says.
This is incorrect.  Officials don't have any say until they arrive at the game.

AirWarren

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 29, 2018, 02:02:36 pm
Ned has lied to me before, plus he is checking out and could give a rat's patoot about accuracy.

Well. AAA guy on the radio said he is in contact with KTHV. SO take it up with Ed Buckner lol.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2018, 02:15:00 pm
Well. AAA guy on the radio said he is in contact with KTHV. SO take it up with Ed Buckner lol.

I do trust Ed.

AirWarren

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 29, 2018, 02:30:27 pm
Please rephrase that statement

(in my best Seinfeld voice)
...not that there's anything wrong with that...

AirWarren

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 29, 2018, 02:30:27 pm
Please rephrase that statement

Naw, married to a pretty good looking woman. I know where I stand lol.

JessieP

There is one scenario that no one is discussing. No high school game can continue after midnight. Say they get one half in and it either times out or rain delays, the refs would declare the team ahead the winner. A tie would be decided by a coin toss.

The other possibility is the Champion could be decided by judges. In the event weather causes too long a delay each school would pick 5 players. The Championship would be held at Bryant Coliseum (let's see who gets that poor excuse for humor) at the fairgrounds. Each player is awarded points based on answering a question from each judge. The judges will be comprised of Principles from 3 neutral schools. The points awarded for their answers would comprise one third their overall score. The other events are talent and evening gown. The team with the most overall points is declared State Champion.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas