• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMIFINALS - Arkadelphia @ Shiloh Christian

Started by sportsguy80, November 23, 2018, 09:59:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Arkadelphia
75 (53.2%)
Shiloh Christian
66 (46.8%)

Total Members Voted: 141

sportsguy80

November 23, 2018, 09:59:10 pm Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 04:27:36 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Both teams are tough with pretty good coaches. I expect a lower scoring game but who knows. This one is for a trip to War Memorial.

ISU7

#1thetruth

Quote from: ISU7 on November 24, 2018, 01:44:31 am
I think Shiloh wins this one at home.

I'm sure glad you don't get paid for thinking....
You would starve to Death.... 21-42 Badgers!!!!!

ISU7

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 24, 2018, 06:51:48 am
I'm sure glad you don't get paid for thinking....
You would starve to Death.... 21-42 Badgers!!!!!
Go check pickems and see who been leading all year ha ha. Defending 2017 pick ems champ. hmmm. Hold that thought. ;D ;D ;D ;D Oh btw I do get paid for thinking I work and I have to think how to get there each day. lol

Redskin2015

Saints by 14 the past two teams the badgers have played had some of their studs out, this week we should see if the badgers have really come together or not

beach bum

Not saying that Robinson can't beat Shiloh or Arky at this point in the season.... I just think Shiloh would be favored over Robinson as well as Arky in a rematch. Therefore this is my de facto state title game. Don't get me wrong Robinson is fully capable to win the title(they have already beaten Arky obviously so why couldn't they do it again?) ...... That said, the winner of this game should be the slight favorite at WMS

Saints 31
Badgers 28

sportsguy80

I haven't seen this year's badger team but they're having a similar post season it seems. The saints are definitely legit with a very lethal passing attack and a solid defense to go along. Their receivers may not be the fastest but they're fast and physical enough to put up some quick scores. I expect Arkadelphia to take away the run like Nashville did but they will need to play mistake free in the secondary to pull this one out.

richboy

November 24, 2018, 09:48:20 am #7 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 10:02:27 am by richboy
Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 24, 2018, 09:44:28 am
I haven't seen this year's badger team but they're having a similar post season it seems. The saints are definitely legit with a very lethal passing attack and a solid defense to go along. Their receivers may not be the fastest but they're fast and physical enough to put up some quick scores. I expect Arkadelphia to take away the run like Nashville did but they will need to play mistake free in the secondary to pull this one out.
arkadelphia secondary is lethal!! Stuttgart couldn't run so they had to pass and the Stuttgart QB went 7-22, 68 Yds passing with 3 interceptions and -14 rushing against the badgers and they had 16 rushing yds total, not including the hard hits our dbacks put on their receivers to make them drop the ball/fumbles. Our defense is good enough to load the box and have our secondary play man defense. We showed that last night.

gerber707

Quote from: ISU7 on November 24, 2018, 08:29:51 am
Go check pickems and see who been leading all year ha ha. Defending 2017 pick ems champ. hmmm. Hold that thought. ;D ;D ;D ;D Oh btw I do get paid for thinking I work and I have to think how to get there each day. lol
The only thing "truth" has to think about is to remember what time the school bus picks him up.

hogfan10

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 24, 2018, 09:44:28 am

The secondary hasn't really been tested this year for some reason, guess we haven't played any passing teams this year. But, when teams do try to pass, what they find out is that the badger pass rush is very good, and that the secondary is pretty big and fast.

I expect SC to score some points (21/24?), just hope Badger offense can keep up.

RyanLR

Quote from: beach bum on November 24, 2018, 09:10:02 am
Not saying that Robinson can't beat Shiloh or Arky at this point in the season.... I just think Shiloh would be favored over Robinson as well as Arky in a rematch. Therefore this is my de facto state title game. Don't get me wrong Robinson is fully capable to win the title(they have already beaten Arky obviously so why couldn't they do it again?) ...... That said, the winner of this game should be the slight favorite at WMS

Saints 31
Badgers 28

If Arky were to beat Shiloh I don't see how the Badgers would be favored since we beat them 42-14. It wasn't like it was a close game. (It was for a half) Sure they aren't the same team now but neither are the Senators.

richboy

November 24, 2018, 11:11:22 am #11 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 12:01:57 pm by richboy
Quote from: RyanLR on November 24, 2018, 11:01:27 am
If Arky were to beat Shiloh I don't see how the Badgers would be favored since we beat them 42-14. It wasn't like it was a close game. (It was for a half) Sure they aren't the same team now but neither are the Senators.
our oline has gotten better as the season progressed. Our Oline was shaky, offense kept going 3 and out, defense couldn't hold Robinson down all game and we were missing key players that game, Just like last year, yall beat us but who was the state champ..

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: RyanLR on November 24, 2018, 11:01:27 am

I think Joe T is favored over both. 

richboy

November 24, 2018, 11:59:33 am #13 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 12:04:25 pm by richboy
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 24, 2018, 11:42:03 am
I think Joe T is favored over both.
Robinson is playing great football.  Averaging a first team d mercy rule over their opponents by halftime, but shiloh has a tougher opponents schedule in this playoff run.. if Shiloh wins over arky I'd have to favor them. Arkys defense is more solid than robinson, in my opinion Robinson has an more explosive offense... noone has controlled a game like that over Nashville this season, not even Joe t.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: richboy on November 24, 2018, 11:59:33 am
Robinson is playing great football.  Averaging a first team d mercy rule over there opponents by halftime, but shiloh has a tougher opponents schedule in this playoff run.. if Shiloh wins over arky I'd have to favor them. Arkys defense is more solid than robinson, in my opinion Robinson has an more explosive offense... noone this season has controlled a game like that over Nashville this season, not even Joe t.

I know it was a long time ago but what haunts me is the dismantling Springdale gave Shiloh and Joe T taking it to Chickendale. A game I think they should have won but the depth got to them.

hogfan10

Quote from: richboy on November 24, 2018, 11:11:22 am
our oline has gotten better as the season progressed. Our Oline was shaky, offense kept going 3 and out, defense couldn't hold Robinson down all game. Just like last year, yall beat us but who was the state champ.. I'll wait

JTR has a stout Dline. I actually think the JTR game was when the Badger Oline started coming together, along with ZH getting healthy that game. That was the first game that I saw SOME consistant success in the running game. All games prior to that we were forced to try things on offense that we're not built for. If the offense stays steady and protects the ball, our defense can keep us in most games. Offensive turnovers/penalties kept Stuttgart in last nights game. Stuttgart's defense was impressive, but we did have 2/3 tds called back, a fumble, an int, and a muffed punt.

Saints1845

November 24, 2018, 12:16:13 pm #16 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 12:18:57 pm by tmdowell
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 24, 2018, 12:04:39 pm
I know it was a long time ago but what haunts me is the dismantling Springdale gave Shiloh and Joe T taking it to Chickendale. A game I think they should have won but the depth got to them.

Technically speaking, The Springdale\Shiloh meeting wasn't a game, it was a scrimmage. Several Shiloh starters didn't play long or at all,  and Shiloh didn't pull much from its playbook. Plus, several sophomore and Junior players were adjusting to position changes. I wouldn't read too much into that. Robinson is a very impressive team and I would never down play their ability, but I personally wouldn't compare the two meetings.

Sports Guru

Saints 40 Badgers 32

Saints want to make a trip to WMS

richboy

Quote from: Crossett Eagle on November 24, 2018, 12:33:50 pm
Saints 40 Badgers 32

Saints want to make a trip to WMS
I'm pretty sure alot of teams wanted to go to WMS this year

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: richboy on November 24, 2018, 01:02:42 pm
I'm pretty sure alot of teams wanted to go to WMS this year

I want to go...  old tradition was stopping in Russellville to eat. So the big question.... CJ's or whatsburger ????

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 24, 2018, 01:07:48 pm
I want to go...  old tradition was stopping in Russellville to eat. So the big question.... CJ's or whatsburger ????

Whattburger  is good, but last time I stopped there, the wait for the food was too long.  Thought they'd have more efficient system, but doesn't seem to be hurting their business.  My next trip thru will be the other choice

richboy

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 24, 2018, 01:07:48 pm
whataburger is pretty good, with a variety 🤷🏽‍♂️

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 24, 2018, 01:12:14 pm
Whattburger  is good, but last time I stopped there, the wait for the food was too long.  Thought they'd have more efficient system, but doesn't seem to be hurting their business.  My next trip thru will be the other choice

CJ's burger is amazing but whataburger has such a nice variety. Frito pies to fried chocolate pies...

CoachRH

CoachRH

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 24, 2018, 01:17:13 pm
CJ's burger is amazing but whataburger has such a nice variety. Frito pies to fried chocolate pies...
So many burger places!

Stealthfan

I discovered Brangus Steakhouse in Russellville.  Great Place!

bulldoghistorian

Whataburger is my favorite! Always have to stop when I go to Fayetteville! Actually ate there in Springdale after our 1st round loss to Shiloh!

WattsOzark

Whatta-burger in Russvegas isn't the same animal as the Whattaburger chain.

bulldoghistorian

#1thetruth

Quote from: ISU7 on November 24, 2018, 08:29:51 am

:o ;D you got to be kidding?????

#1thetruth

Quote from: gerber707 on November 24, 2018, 10:29:39 am
The only thing "truth" has to think about is to remember what time the school bus picks him up.

C'mon GERBER.... and this is a guy who eat baby food....

#1thetruth

Aradelphia 42 - 35 Robinson.... what a great game it will be.

gerber707

Titletown

Quote from: WattsOzark on November 24, 2018, 04:06:59 pm
Whatta-burger in Russvegas isn't the same animal as the Whattaburger chain.

There actually is a Feltner Brothers in Springdale now but yeah it sounds like he was referring to the fast food chain.

richboy

#1thetruth

Quote from: gerber707 on November 24, 2018, 07:59:06 pm
"ATE"

I beg to differ..... got a pic to prove it

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gerberlife.com%2Fsites%2Fall%2Fthemes%2Fcustom%2Fgerber%2Fimg%2Fgerber-baby.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gerberlife.com%2Fabout%2Fwho-is-the-gerber-baby&docid=pQv0luzG_ChAcM&tbnid=4WDPVKtw-Z992M%3A&vet=10ahUKEwinkIXkyO7eAhUIXa0KHftbCVMQMwg-KAAwAA..i&w=318&h=369&client=safari&bih=1064&biw=2048&q=gerber%20pictures&ved=0ahUKEwinkIXkyO7eAhUIXa0KHftbCVMQMwg-KAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8

gerber707

November 24, 2018, 09:31:21 pm #37 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 09:35:53 pm by gerber707
Quote from: #1thetruth on November 24, 2018, 09:11:39 pm
I beg to differ..... got a pic to prove it

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gerberlife.com%2Fsites%2Fall%2Fthemes%2Fcustom%2Fgerber%2Fimg%2Fgerber-baby.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gerberlife.com%2Fabout%2Fwho-is-the-gerber-baby&docid=pQv0luzG_ChAcM&tbnid=4WDPVKtw-Z992M%3A&vet=10ahUKEwinkIXkyO7eAhUIXa0KHftbCVMQMwg-KAAwAA..i&w=318&h=369&client=safari&bih=1064&biw=2048&q=gerber%20pictures&ved=0ahUKEwinkIXkyO7eAhUIXa0KHftbCVMQMwg-KAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8
Seriously could you let us know what grade you are in? There are some that have money riding on this.

richboy

November 24, 2018, 10:04:52 pm #38 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 10:30:51 pm by richboy
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 24, 2018, 12:04:39 pm
I usually don't hold the first game against any team, most teams are shaky and still trying to fit formations and see where they're team stands as a whole while staying injury free, unless your Pa, but I believe Shiloh v springdale was a scrimmage I dont see it on their schedule nor on hudl. If they're smart they wouldn't play all out in a scrimmage anyways... Robinson v springdale, Robinson just blew it. Depth or not. They should of been conditioned for this game. Everyone knows Robinson coaches always finds a way to blow it! Pa is the size of a 3a school! They're competing in 5a winning state championships, back to back to back. Robinson needs a better coach to teach the fundamentals and keep them conditioned. They've had almost all the talent in 4a over the last 4 years and nothing to show for besides a conference title.

Lumberjackfan1978

RyanLR

Two conference titles, and complete domination of Arkadelphia during that span.

hogfan10

Quote from: RyanLR on November 24, 2018, 11:37:42 pm
Two conference titles, and complete domination of Arkadelphia during that span.
And, one less state title!

#1thetruth

November 25, 2018, 08:45:35 am #42 Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 09:12:41 am by #1thetruth
Quote from: gerber707 on November 24, 2018, 09:31:21 pm
Seriously could you let us know what grade you are in? There are some that have money riding on this.

You remind me of someone who has thin skin....  you can dish it out, butttttt boy.... u get a lil defensive when insults come your way. You also like to deflect and name calli when you're questione and don't have answers. If you start with me.... I have no problem making you look and feel like a monkey rear.....
ooooh I did checkout the prediction thread..... woohoo you're in first place...
my god ... you must be very proud of yourself....
Between you (GERBER), and SUGAR BRITCHES,  I don't know who's smarter, you both are self admitted
Genius!!!!
So tell us..... who's going to state???? Also, who are you picking to win that game????
I'm all ears..... 
I'm still puzzled why anyone would choose names like...... Sugar and Gerber and try to attack others.... that is easy Picking!!!

Overdahill

outlaws4life26

Not sure who i am going pick for this game in the pickems, but got a question. Has there ever been a team in Arkansas start 0-5 and win 10 straight to win state title.

toadRyder

Quote from: outlaws4life26 on November 25, 2018, 09:46:46 am
Not sure who i am going pick for this game in the pickems, but got a question. Has there ever been a team in Arkansas start 0-5 and win 10 straight to win state title.

Yeah, correct me if im wrong, Arkadelphia back in ol 2018.

richboy

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 24, 2018, 11:44:32 pm
And, one less state title!
lol you act like arky never used to crush Robinson. Better look it up

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Titletown on November 24, 2018, 08:22:29 pm
There actually is a Feltner Brothers in Springdale now but yeah it sounds like he was referring to the fast food chain.
I was.

RyanLR

Quote from: richboy on November 25, 2018, 09:59:27 am
lol you act like arky never used to crush Robinson. Better look it up
We're 7-3 all-time against Arky. You know this is the Shiloh Christian game thread right? The only reason I commented in the first place is because someone said Arkadelphia would be favored over Robinson if both made it to the State Championship. And what I said was absolutely true.

Titletown

I don't care if they've lost 5 games or not, Arkadelphia is the defending champs and there is a lot of respect from the Shiloh side. It will be a hard fought game that could go either way but I'll say Shiloh wins 34-28.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas