• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hoxie vs Rison round 1

Started by Zebras98, November 03, 2018, 01:01:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KOJACK

Quote from: RHScats on November 09, 2018, 12:25:42 pm
nah, Smackover and Booneville.  I have no other concerns.  Thanks though.
This ain't 2A son no more... All my days in Prescott we ain't ever lost to Rison js.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bootsie84 on November 09, 2018, 02:02:45 pm
Either prowling the sidelines or in the bleachers if I get a seat.  Why? Did you want an autograph?
Just  asking for Scats.

RHScats

Quote from: KOJACK on November 09, 2018, 02:12:45 pm
This ain't 2A son no more... All my days in Prescott we ain't ever lost to Rison js.
you are quite the researcher and historian.  What has or hasn't ever happened has nothing to do with the present.

RHScats

Quote from: Oldman on November 09, 2018, 02:13:13 pm
Just  asking for Scats.
Thank you Oldman, but if his testosterone is that high he really should sit by himself.

blackandoldgold

November 09, 2018, 02:31:48 pm #104 Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 04:16:40 pm by blackandoldgold
Ya'll (myself included) are a bunch of goober heads. I'm laughing my butt off reading all this stuff.

Let's make love (not really), not war.

But I'm getting really excited as game time approaches.

Peace! Out!

RHScats

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 09, 2018, 02:31:48 pm
Ya'll (myself included) are a bunch of gober heads. I'm laughing my butt off reading all this stuff.

Let's make love (not really), not war.

But I'm getting really excited as game time approaches.

Peace! Out!
it's playoff time!!!  Too old to play so I must have my fun in some way.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: RHScats on November 09, 2018, 02:17:24 pm
you are quite the researcher and historian.  What has or hasn't ever happened has nothing to do with the present.
Yet much of this thread has been a trip down Rison's memory lane.

RHScats

November 09, 2018, 02:50:15 pm #107 Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:51:54 pm by RHScats
Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 09, 2018, 02:47:19 pm
Yet much of this thread has been a trip down Rison's memory lane.
better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

Headhunter15

Hoxie this good or Rison just hasn't played anybody ??? :o

501Arkansas

blackandoldgold

One of Rison's running backs Frye, was suspended for undisclosed reasons & not allowed to play until the start of the second half. He scored twice in the second half & stripped a Hoxie running back of the ball once on defense.

However I tip my hat to Hoxie. They were very determined, very fundamental, well coached, & very physical.

Good luck to Hoxie next year & to my wildcats for the remainder of this season.

Waterboy94

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 09, 2018, 10:45:33 pm
One of Rison's running backs Frye, was suspended for undisclosed reasons & not allowed to play until the start of the second half. He scored twice in the second half & stripped a Hoxie running back of the ball once on defense.

However I tip my hat to Hoxie. They were very determined, very fundamental, well coached, & very physical.

Waterboy94

Agreed. Homie came to play and played hard. Impressed by their discipline and coaching.  Good quarterback and line.  54 was probably one of the biggest guys I've ever seen play high school ball.  Good luck cats!

WonderWartHawg

November 10, 2018, 10:46:36 am #113 Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 10:50:00 am by WonderWartHawg

Frye's suspension was for nothing major, nothing criminal or illegal or anything like that - but it was something that Totty needed to get his attention about.  A stint in ISS and missing the first half hopefully got his attention. Just a dumb teenage boy error of judgement. Like we all had at one time or another.

And yes, hats off to a tough Hoxie team. Never backed down. Lined up and drove the field particularly on one long drive.  Short passing gave that gave the Cats some trouble. Hoxie blocked and tackled pretty well. The difference was our speed, you can't tackle well if you can't catch them.

bootsie84

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: bootsie84 on November 25, 2018, 12:27:47 am
Yes. Easily.

Without Burkes, Rison might give Warren a good fight.
Sometimes, that one athlete can make all the difference.
Monta Thomas gave Rison fits the year he was at Hampton.  Man among boys.
Same thing in the playoffs against Atkins one year when they had Donnie Bobo.

MR#1

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on November 25, 2018, 01:08:52 pm
Without Burkes, Rison might give Warren a good fight.
Sometimes, that one athlete can make all the difference.
Monta Thomas gave Rison fits the year he was at Hampton.  Man among boys.
Same thing in the playoffs against Atkins one year when they had Donnie Bobo.

Yep, 1974, when the Class 'A' semis were played at WMS. Rison lost to the Bobo-led Atkins team. If my memory is correct, Earle beat Atkins in the championship game the following week.

Footnote: Class 'A' had three of the state's best running backs that year --- Donnie Bobo (Atkins), Michael Forrest (Earle), and William Miller (Rison). Those three were probably as good as any three from the other classifications combined. Bobo and Forrest played for the Hogs; Miller was a star tailback at OBU.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas