• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10

Started by Wildcatalumni21, October 17, 2018, 08:27:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcatalumni21

Everyone else is doing one so figured I'd join in

1. Foreman
2. Junction City
3. Hazen
4. Conway Christian
5. Earle
6. Mt. Ida
7. Fordyce
8. Salem
9. Hampton
10. Mountainburg

Bearden_Bear72

Not a bad one.  Mt. Ida has fallen very far in a lot of polls.   But it's hard to judge 4-6.  I agree with mostly everything else.  These next two weeks will clear a lot up. 

GoodGuy

Not bad at all but I guess I just haven't seen enough for Earle and Hazen both to be above Mt. Ida and Fordyce. Guess after this week one will fall.

i40traveler

Fordyce doesn't have a quality win in their schedule, i think they are the 3 in the 8.

Wildcatalumni21

Yes, especially this week with the JC/Fordyce matchip and the Hazen/Earle game. Mt. Ida is still solid but I think lack of depth would hurt them against the other teams above them. Also gonna find out a little more about Mountainburg this week in their rival game with Hackett.

IdaLions

It honestly depends on if the teams above can stop the dive. I believe Mount Ida can stop most everyone's offense for the most part. Any team with a great defense that can stop the dive and force 3rd and 8 will beat them. I would personally put them at 3 honestly, but I haven't seen Earle or Hazen play. Come playoffs a lot will be told.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: IdaLions on October 18, 2018, 11:22:48 am
It honestly depends on if the teams above can stop the dive. I believe Mount Ida can stop most everyone's offense for the most part. Any team with a great defense that can stop the dive and force 3rd and 8 will beat them. I would personally put them at 3 honestly, but I haven't seen Earle or Hazen play. Come playoffs a lot will be told.
I can see your point. My biggest concern for Mt. Ida woild be their pass defense

IdaLions

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 18, 2018, 11:28:18 am
I can see your point. My biggest concern for Mt. Ida woild be their pass defense

That can be a legitimate problem for Mount Ida at times. But for the past few years we have beaten Conway Christian, probably the most pass heavy team in 2A. But for some reason here in Ida we sometimes forget how to cover a pass every once in a while.

OLionSwag74

umm no one has scored through the air on our secondary this year

OLionSwag74

i take that back no one has scored on our 1st string secondary

i40traveler

Yeah but they only decent team you have played all season beat you by 21, so it's not like statistics are a great measuring stick for Ida

MUSTANGSALLY23

October 19, 2018, 09:48:32 am #11 Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 09:52:38 am by MUSTANGSALLY23
Quote from: i40traveler on October 19, 2018, 09:16:59 am
Yeah but they only decent team you have played all season beat you by 21, so it's not like statistics are a great measuring stick for Ida

??? Comon man you cant tell me that Ida hasnt impressed you on film... I am thinking they will have a cake walk in the playoffs.

Redzone

Quote from: i40traveler on October 19, 2018, 09:16:59 am

I feel sorry for any team that doubts Mt. Ida's abilities. They could easily come away with a win against 8 of these top ten teams

i40traveler

Quote from: MUSTANGSALLY23 on October 19, 2018, 09:48:32 am

??? Comon man you cant tell me that Ida hasnt impressed you on film... I am thinking they will have a cake walk in the playoffs.

42 Sports didn't exactly provide most crystal clear picture but I wasn't talking crap about IDA.  Just stating a fact that they haven't had much competition outside of foreman who thumped them. 

i40traveler

Magazine 3-3
Jesseville 3-4
Magnet Cove 3-4
Mineral 5-2
Murf 2-5
Spring Hill 1-5

Combined 17-23

I mean you take Foreman away that strength of schedule isn't much to speak of. 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on October 19, 2018, 08:57:26 am
umm no one has scored through the air on our secondary this year
And what team have you played this year that has a solid passing attack?

MUSTANGSALLY23

Quote from: i40traveler on October 19, 2018, 10:40:07 am
Magazine 3-3
Jesseville 3-4
Magnet Cove 3-4
Mineral 5-2
Murf 2-5
Spring Hill 1-5

Combined 17-23

I mean you take Foreman away that strength of schedule isn't much to speak of.

Based off of this logic NO 2A SCHOOL OUTSIDE OF THE 7-2A AND THE 8-2A  has been tested at all????? Your logic is a little off I40...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Redzone on October 19, 2018, 10:13:15 am
I feel sorry for any team that doubts Mt. Ida's abilities. They could easily come away with a win against 8 of these top ten teams

they could also lose to the top 12.

IdaLions

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 19, 2018, 11:10:07 am
they could also lose to the top 12.

Frankly any team could lose to the top 12 on any given friday. Mount Ida has not played a strong, good pass team yet. But when they do I think they will prevail. Always remember this, Coach White always has a plan, and usually 14/15 times the past two years, it has worked. But like I said. Any team can lose, this includes Foreman, JC, Hazen, Earle, etc.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: IdaLions on October 19, 2018, 11:15:41 am
Frankly any team could lose to the top 12 on any given friday. Mount Ida has not played a strong, good pass team yet. But when they do I think they will prevail. Always remember this, Coach White always has a plan, and usually 14/15 times the past two years, it has worked. But like I said. Any team can lose, this includes Foreman, JC, Hazen, Earle, etc.

that was what I was getting at. 2A is open this year.

IdaLions

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 19, 2018, 11:19:25 am
that was what I was getting at. 2A is open this year.

Agreed, Honestly the team people need to look out for though is Foreman. For some reason they have a lot of doubters this year. I guess it's because they are known for not being a power house team. But recently, since 2016, they have made tremendous strides. They have 4 hard runners, and a defense that will make you regret being there. But as I said, anybody can lose, no one is immune to the big hard L. Playoffs are gonna be very fun this year to read about and see, hope my Lions can make a strong run, and maybe even meet Foreman at the Rock again. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: IdaLions on October 19, 2018, 11:32:40 am
Agreed, Honestly the team people need to look out for though is Foreman. For some reason they have a lot of doubters this year. I guess it's because they are known for not being a power house team. But recently, since 2016, they have made tremendous strides. They have 4 hard runners, and a defense that will make you regret being there. But as I said, anybody can lose, no one is immune to the big hard L. Playoffs are gonna be very fun this year to read about and see, hope my Lions can make a strong run, and maybe even meet Foreman at the Rock again.

I would like for des arc and ida to play again,

godgiven999

Ida @ Gurdon next week! Should be a good game.
Gurdon and Ida 3-3 against each other!

jsw6f0

Not a fan of Foreman but I would take Foreman against the field and feel pretty good about it.

Hawgpilot

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 19, 2018, 11:48:27 am

I would like for des arc and ida to play again,

I'd like to see CC play them as well. 

GatorBall

Quote from: IdaLions on October 19, 2018, 11:15:41 am

It's just my opinion but I don't agree with that last statement. I believe that the top 4 or 5 teams (and I believe that includes Mt Ida) could probably beat any of the other top 4 or 5 teams if the situation was just right but I just don't believe any of the other top 12 can beat one of those top 4 or 5 teams unless the top team just fell flat on their face. Yes, if one of those top teams has 5 or 6 turnovers and the other team plays a flawless game then yes, I believe it could happen but that would apply for any game.

I don't believe it is wide open!! Crazy things can happen (injuries, penalties or bad weather at just the right time) but if I was a betting man my money would bet that in the end the team holding the trophy in December will be either Foreman, JC, Mt Ida or Hazen. I would take those four instead of the field...any takers on that bet? If not, then I don't think you can really say it's "open". But then again...that's just my opinion!!!

DnA Prostaff

And this is why we have playoffs!!   Good grief if you want to debate over who is the best, petition AAA to go a bowl system like college football used to be!

Old Scrapper

Quote from: GatorBall on October 19, 2018, 02:45:10 pm
It's just my opinion but I don't agree with that last statement. I believe that the top 4 or 5 teams (and I believe that includes Mt Ida) could probably beat any of the other top 4 or 5 teams if the situation was just right but I just don't believe any of the other top 12 can beat one of those top 4 or 5 teams unless the top team just fell flat on their face. Yes, if one of those top teams has 5 or 6 turnovers and the other team plays a flawless game then yes, I believe it could happen but that would apply for any game.

I don't believe it is wide open!! Crazy things can happen (injuries, penalties or bad weather at just the right time) but if I was a betting man my money would bet that in the end the team holding the trophy in December will be either Foreman, JC, Mt Ida or Hazen. I would take those four instead of the field...any takers on that bet? If not, then I don't think you can really say it's "open". But then again...that's just my opinion!!!
I think it will be Foreman. no disrespect to the other teams.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

you just beat the brakes off ida, you left out earle who hazen has to beat just to win the 6, you left out gurdon, Conway Christian, Fordyce, the list goes on

GatorBall

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 19, 2018, 02:57:08 pm
you just beat the brakes off ida, you left out earle who hazen has to beat just to win the 6, you left out gurdon, Conway Christian, Fordyce, the list goes on

You seem to be pretty confident in your statement, so how much money do you want to put on one of those other teams then?

Yes and Earle could be one of those top 4 or 5 teams, like I was saying. I just don't believe it is really open like you suggest!

I know that you've heard what Opinions are like, right...you know everyone has one and this one is just mine!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: GatorBall on October 19, 2018, 03:12:32 pm
You seem to be pretty confident in your statement, so how much money do you want to put on one of those other teams then?

Yes and Earle could be one of those top 4 or 5 teams, like I was saying. I just don't believe it is really open like you suggest!

I know that you've heard what Opinions are like, right...you know everyone has one and this one is just mine!!

bet on some high school kids? no thanks.

but if you think a team yall just beat by 21 is top 4, then you must think foreman is heads and shoulders above everyone else. so you really either eliminated M.I. or singled out foreman.

jsw6f0

Foreman at Mt Ida with proper field preparations MT Ida has a better shot maybe not a 21 point difference. I believe Foreman is that much better than the rest.

GatorBall

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 19, 2018, 03:40:17 pm

bet on some high school kids? no thanks.

but if you think a team yall just beat by 21 is top 4, then you must think foreman is heads and shoulders above everyone else. so you really either eliminated M.I. or singled out foreman.

Just what I thought! Make a statement then now want stand by it...lol

As far as the other that you said l, don't put words in my mouth...I never said that!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: GatorBall on October 19, 2018, 04:28:33 pm
Just what I thought! Make a statement then now want stand by it...lol

As far as the other that you said l, don't put words in my mouth...I never said that!!

So foreman got lucky to beat mount ida?

GatorBall

October 19, 2018, 04:52:44 pm #34 Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 05:01:47 pm by GatorBall
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 19, 2018, 04:40:06 pm

So foreman got lucky to beat mount ida?

There you go putting words back in my mouth again!! Did I say that? If I thought that I would have said that!

The real question is why are you deflecting from the original question? If you think it's really "open" this year in 2A football then let's make a friendly wager (just bragging rights). If I'm wrong I'll get on here and admit that I was wrong and that you are a Fearless Friday God. If I'm right then you'll get on here and admit that just because your a Fearless Friday Hall of Famer doesn't mean you know everything about 2A football. What do you think....deal?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: GatorBall on October 19, 2018, 04:52:44 pm
There you go putting words back in my mouth again!! Did I say that? If I thought that I would have said that!

The real question is why are you deflecting from the original question? If you think it's really "open" this year in 2A football then let's make a friendly wager (just bragging rights). If I'm wrong I'll get on here and admit that I was wrong and that you are a Fearless Friday God. If I'm right then you'll get on here and admit that just because your a Fearless Friday Hall of Famer doesn't mean you know everything about 2A football. What do you think....deal?

heck I will admit right now I don't know everything about 2A football. that's not an issue.

GatorBall

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 19, 2018, 05:22:59 pm

heck I will admit right now I don't know everything about 2A football. that's not an issue.

LOL...I hear ya!

IdaLions

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 19, 2018, 12:24:01 pm
Ida @ Gurdon next week! Should be a good game.
Gurdon and Ida 3-3 against each other!

Will be a good game indeed! Gotta beat Dierks tonight first though

i40traveler

So do you move Hazen up, Earle down, or both?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Ok, so after last night, do you believe I may actually know more about 2A football than YOU? Looks like it's a little more open than 4 teams. 🤔🤔

who-knew

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 20, 2018, 07:38:37 am
Ok, so after last night, do you believe I may actually know more about 2A football than YOU? Looks like it's a little more open than 4 teams. 🤔🤔
After last night there should be a little shake up in the rankings Pick.  Maybe some could be overrated.. ::) ::)

Hawgpilot

IMO,  Fordyce is a team that should be in the top 3-4.  They gave JC all they could handle last night.

Bearden_Bear72

Junction
Foreman
Hazen
Conway Christian
Mt. Ida
Fordyce
Gurdon
Hampton
Mountainburg
Salem

Honorable mentions (Earle, Mineral Springs,

Old Scrapper

I was thinking Foreman 2A Champs this year until Mineral Springs came along, now I'm sold on it's wide open. This could be one the best playoff years we've had in a few years.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Old Scrapper on October 20, 2018, 09:23:47 am
I was thinking Foreman 2A Champs this year until Mineral Springs came along, now I'm sold on it's wide open. This could be one the best playoff years we've had in a few years.

heck I got told I didn't know football when I said that. lol

HorseFeathers

Depends on Bateys ankle if it's wide open or not lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 20, 2018, 10:17:20 am
Depends on Bateys ankle if it's wide open or not lol

ITS WIDE OPEN

Old Scrapper

cuz

Quote from: Old Scrapper on October 20, 2018, 09:23:47 am
I think you're right on track. It will be a very competitive playoff. Fordyce is a very young team and has no where to go but up. They've played some good teams and the don't have just 1 back but 3 or 4. No 22 is good for 3-4 almost every time he touches the ball. Foreman has to stay healthy. If Jc's line plays the could go the distance. Hampton is no slouch for sure but has a depth problem. Hazen you have to enter their choke factor which has haunted them for years. Looking forward to it....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on October 20, 2018, 11:36:48 am
I think you're right on track. It will be a very competitive playoff. Fordyce is a very young team and has no where to go but up. They've played some good teams and the don't have just 1 back but 3 or 4. No 22 is good for 3-4 almost every time he touches the ball. Foreman has to stay healthy. If Jc's line plays the could go the distance. Hampton is no slouch for sure but has a depth problem. Hazen you have to enter their choke factor which has haunted them for years. Looking forward to it....

Hazen has something to play for that ALL the players have bought into, like in 2013 when des arc made it to the title game with a team that should not have, but this Hazen team has everything it needs to win it athletically and the mental factor as well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas