• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clinton @ Harding Academy

Started by ESPNAnalyst44, September 17, 2018, 09:07:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ESPNAnalyst44

Not sure how Harding Academys defense will fair this week.. While Clinton may appear to be just a wing-t run at your face kinda team they definitely posses the ability to spread the ball out when needed. I've got clinton by 10

FoxandHound34

panther07

Quote from: ESPNAnalyst44 on September 17, 2018, 09:07:20 pm
Not sure how Harding Academys defense will fair this week.. While Clinton may appear to be just a wing-t run at your face kinda team they definitely posses the ability to spread the ball out when needed. I've got clinton by 10

"When I said the Clinton coaches didn't understand the concept of passing I didn't mean that they have no knowledge of X's and O's, what I'm saying is they never throw the ball when it comes game day regardless of their teams running capabilities. They would rather run a wing t with the same fullback gut plays over and over. They have very little dynamic. As far as Weston Amos is concerned I'm not Weston. I'm just an observer of the game that has watched him grow as a player. I don't think there is any other sophomore quarterback in the state than runs a 4.5 forty yard dash, and who can throw strikes on a consistent basis even while being pressured. Call me crazy I'm just speaking my mind on a forum made for opinion."

I guess you changed your opinion.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ESPNAnalyst44 on September 17, 2018, 09:07:20 pm
Power running teams have historically caused problems for HA's defense over the years. That may well hold true this week as well. However, they beat a team with a strong running attack last week by the same margin the Clinton beat them by for what it's worth, which probably isn't much.

ESPNAnalyst44

That's conservative football coaching for you. I agree with Breeze but as a past player for the yellowjackets I know Dufrene will spread the ball out if he actually needs to, but having so much depth in their backfield I feel they can wear almost any defense down. Gonna be hard for anyone to keep up defensively is all I'm saying. Dynamic of the game changes completely when the other team knows the QB can run laps around anyone in the state.

panther07

Quote from: ESPNAnalyst44 on September 18, 2018, 11:08:31 am
That's conservative football coaching for you. I agree with Breeze but as a past player for the yellowjackets I know Dufrene will spread the ball out if he actually needs to, but having so much depth in their backfield I feel they can wear almost any defense down. Gonna be hard for anyone to keep up defensively is all I'm saying. Dynamic of the game changes completely when the other team knows the QB can run laps around anyone in the state.

I have no idea what any of this means man

ROULETTE

I'm for any public school playing a private.  Jackets by 16

panther07

Quote from: ROULETTE on September 18, 2018, 02:44:34 pm
I'm for any public school playing a private.  Jackets by 16

Why? The more than double enrollment Clinton has must leave them at such a disadvantage.

DogCatcher

Not sold on Clinton, but I think they take this game.

Proud Buckaroo

Clinton is going to take this game. They have everyone back almost from last year. Harding just doesn't seem like the Harding of the past...

Clinton by 12.

panther07

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 19, 2018, 12:54:21 pm
Clinton is going to take this game. They have everyone back almost from last year. Harding just doesn't seem like the Harding of the past...

Clinton by 12.

If they were, I guess they would've beaten smackover by 127 last year. 

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: panther07 on September 19, 2018, 03:00:13 pm
If they were, I guess they would've beaten smackover by 127 last year.

You can't take constructive criticism it appears....

You want to bring up last year. LOL. 

panther07

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 19, 2018, 03:03:03 pm
You can't take constructive criticism it appears....

You want to bring up last year. LOL.

And you want to forget last year..  HA is young still and a bit injury plagued at the moment.  They will have to play really well, there's no doubt.  But i think Clinton does too. 

KOJACK

Quote from: panther07 on September 18, 2018, 02:57:36 pm
Why? The more than double enrollment Clinton has must leave them at such a disadvantage.
And the visitor locker room in Searcy, well...

panther07

Quote from: KOJACK on September 20, 2018, 08:56:46 am
And the visitor locker room in Searcy, well...

Probably better than the unairconditioned home team locker room. Those private school kids get all the perks!!

KOJACK

Quote from: panther07 on September 20, 2018, 09:00:11 am
Probably better than the unairconditioned home team locker room. Those private school kids get all the perks!!
Nope not better...unairconditioned and room for about 15 people. Not to mention they won't give you a key and it takes about half of halftime to get someone over to the back forty to unlock it.

panther07

Quote from: KOJACK on September 20, 2018, 09:02:24 am
Nope not better...unairconditioned and room for about 15 people. Not to mention they won't give you a key and it takes about half of halftime to get someone over to the back forty to unlock it.

Hey KOJACK, it's 100% airconditioned. Like there's zero question about it. I know this to be fact as much as I know my name. We've all been wrong at some point in our lives. This time, it's your turn.

KOJACK

I was wrong once before... I thought I was wrong about something and it turned out I was right. Maybe it's got ac but putting 60 people in a room built for 15 it may as well not have had it.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 19, 2018, 12:54:21 pm

Clinton by 12.
I have to agree with Buck. Will wonders never cease? HA has struggled to get back to their former strength since they changed coaching staffs after the 2015 season.

panther07

September 20, 2018, 03:15:07 pm #19 Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 03:22:24 pm by panther07
Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 20, 2018, 01:42:27 pm
I have to agree with Buck. Will wonders never cease? HA has struggled to get back to their former strength since they changed coaching staffs after the 2015 season.

It's always a coach's fault with you. Always.

Tommy shoemaker won state titles at HA. Had very successful teams at CAC. They are now in the cellar. Did he all of a sudden become a bad coach? If not, I'll let you figure out the other variable.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on September 20, 2018, 03:15:07 pm
It's always a coach's fault with you. Always.

Tommy shoemaker won state titles at HA. Had very successful teams at CAC. They are now in the cellar. Did he all of a sudden become a bad coach? If not, I'll let you figure out the other variable.
No need to get personal. Besides, I did NOT say it's the coach's fault. I placed no blame but merely stated a fact. The Wildcats were not as successful the last two years as they had been in the several years before that. And they have yet to hit their stride this year, although last week's win over Heber Springs was a step in the right direction.

Transitions are often difficult. It takes time to assemble a team of coaches who gel. Plus, there are always changes in the way the players have done things in the past which take time to overcome. Despite a rash of injuries last year was a tremendous improvement over the previous one. Hopefully, this year will get them even closer to the success Wildcat fans have come to expect.

WilderKat

I am seeing the wildcats get their snot beat out...right now.

42-14 in the third

FoxandHound34

Looking like the Kitty Kats getting their teeth kicked in

panther07

I don't know that I've ever seen a high school offensive line that big. It was astonishing. Clinton is so so big. They will be a handful for any defense in 3A. Would be quite the stalemate for Clinton and Booneville to go at it. Hope we get to see that down the road. Well played Clinton. HA has/had no answer for you guys. Don't have the dudes to do it

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas