• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nettleton @ Batesville

Started by AverageJo24, September 17, 2018, 11:32:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AverageJo24

Batesville is struggling and Nettleton is rising. Its hard to count Dave King and the boys out, but they have looked awful thus far. I've got Nettleton taking control of this one. Nettleton 17+

wynnefootballfan

It is hard to pick against King "and at home" even harder. So I'm looking at the 3 games played by each so far.

Batesville: pounded by 3 very good bigger schools.

LRC (not bigger but lets face it, very well may be te 5A champ)
Jonesboro
Searcy

Nettleton: Two smaller schools and a very poor and down 6A

Gosnell
Pocahontas
Mt Home

Nettleton very well may be the stuff, I dont know. I just can't as some have put them in the top 8 or 9 in the 5A on that resume. So with all that be said, I'm gonna go with the Neers at home by enouhg to win.

Ghs21

PA Dad

Batesville performed as usual in its non conference games.  But Batesville always comes on in conference play.  Nettleton probably deserves to be favored, but I say Batesville pulls it out at home in a close game.

JessieP

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on September 17, 2018, 12:58:03 pm
It is hard to pick against King "and at home" even harder. So I'm looking at the 3 games played by each so far.

Batesville: pounded by 3 very good bigger schools.

LRC (not bigger but lets face it, very well may be te 5A champ)
Jonesboro
Searcy

Nettleton: Two smaller schools and a very poor and down 6A

Gosnell
Pocahontas
Mt Home

Nettleton very well may be the stuff, I dont know. I just can't as some have put them in the top 8 or 9 in the 5A on that resume. So with all that be said, I'm gonna go with the Neers at home by enouhg to win.

It's funny how two of the biggest rivals in the state have some common kinship. Batesville and Wynne have been pronounced dead by all the FF posters. They are both having down years, tradition and past results mean nothing. EVERYONE has counted us out. We'll see. Let me put some perspective here. Batesville is starting out virtually the exact same way they have for about 10 years. The one difference is that Mountain Home opted out of our pre conference schedule. King did not want to add another cupcake so he found possibly the best 5A out there. Yes geniuses, this horrible start is the same way Batesville started the 3 years they went to WMS and the same as the 7 years they played after Thanksgiving. But hey, that doesn't matter, this year they are terrible. 2 wins is realistic. So keep sending those condolences cards, Nettleton probably wins this one 66-3. The fact that Jonesboro and Searcy could play for the 6A title mean nothing. Let's also forget that LRCA had 45% of their offensive yardage against Batesville on 3 plays, plays where defenders ran into each other or missed assignments. The first game of the season tells us everything we need to know about a team, for Batesville or Wynne anyway. For PA, LRCA or Texarkana the first 3 games are no big deal, a learning curve. For us it's the entire story. So keep ranking Wynne a very charitable 10th and keep dropping Batesville out completely. 2018 is over for all intents and purposes. I just hope the entire Pioneer roster doesn't tear an acl tripping each other running through the tunnel friday night, after all they are basically losers who's coaching staff has zero track record. Look for Wynne/Batesville to end in a scoreless tie this year. Just keep telling yourselves that.

JacketFan

Amen JesseP, I hope Batesville and Wynne proves all of them wrong, I know they both have the athletes and the coaching to do it, so all you FF posters keep counting them out ;D

SouthsideSouthernerDad

Pioneers by 10. Batesville is will be ready for conference play as usual come Friday!

incogneto

Quote from: JessieP on September 17, 2018, 02:11:53 pm
It's funny how two of the biggest rivals in the state have some common kinship. Batesville and Wynne have been pronounced dead by all the FF posters. They are both having down years, tradition and past results mean nothing. EVERYONE has counted us out. We'll see. Let me put some perspective here. Batesville is starting out virtually the exact same way they have for about 10 years. The one difference is that Mountain Home opted out of our pre conference schedule. King did not want to add another cupcake so he found possibly the best 5A out there. Yes geniuses, this horrible start is the same way Batesville started the 3 years they went to WMS and the same as the 7 years they played after Thanksgiving. But hey, that doesn't matter, this year they are terrible. 2 wins is realistic. So keep sending those condolences cards, Nettleton probably wins this one 66-3. The fact that Jonesboro and Searcy could play for the 6A title mean nothing. Let's also forget that LRCA had 45% of their offensive yardage against Batesville on 3 plays, plays where defenders ran into each other or missed assignments. The first game of the season tells us everything we need to know about a team, for Batesville or Wynne anyway. For PA, LRCA or Texarkana the first 3 games are no big deal, a learning curve. For us it's the entire story. So keep ranking Wynne a very charitable 10th and keep dropping Batesville out completely. 2018 is over for all intents and purposes. I just hope the entire Pioneer roster doesn't tear an acl tripping each other running through the tunnel friday night, after all they are basically losers who's coaching staff has zero track record. Look for Wynne/Batesville to end in a scoreless tie this year. Just keep telling yourselves that.
Arent you grateful the LRCA coaches only played the starters until halftime? 

PA Dad

Wait a minute JessieP.  See my post above.

PA Dad

AHS06

FYI Jonesboro and Searcy does not stand a change to make it to the 6A title game and will most likely not make it out of the 2nd round. 

JessieP

Quote from: incogneto on September 17, 2018, 03:06:42 pm
Arent you grateful the LRCA coaches only played the starters until halftime?

Oh you bet. Give me a break. If there is one team Batesville would love the chance to meet again it would be LRCA. Jonesboro beat us, Searcy beat us. We fumbled, stumbled and handed a lopsided win to LRCA. PA's red headed stepchild is a thrown together band of buddies. There is nothing organic about that team. The coach/daddy in the stands started running from Hatcher in grade 7 now he's chasing his ghost. The worst possible thing happened to LRCA last week, PA lost. Kelley and his coaching staff have more than enough time to fix the mistakes. The same script will play out this year, LRCA will fly high until PA sissy slaps them. They will limp through the season and get blown out again in the playoffs. Talk about playing the subs, Wynne's JV was exhausted last year after that game. Sorry to have to point this out again but they are not PA, they will never be PA. Batesville doesn't fear LRCA, few do. Face it, PA is Classic Coke, LRCA is Sams Choice cola.

RazorDad

Quote from: JessieP on September 17, 2018, 07:04:49 pm
Oh you bet. Give me a break. If there is one team Batesville would love the chance to meet again it would be LRCA. Jonesboro beat us, Searcy beat us. We fumbled, stumbled and handed a lopsided win to LRCA. PA's red headed stepchild is a thrown together band of buddies. There is nothing organic about that team. The coach/daddy in the stands started running from Hatcher in grade 7 now he's chasing his ghost. The worst possible thing happened to LRCA last week, PA lost. Kelley and his coaching staff have more than enough time to fix the mistakes. The same script will play out this year, LRCA will fly high until PA sissy slaps them. They will limp through the season and get blown out again in the playoffs. Talk about playing the subs, Wynne's JV was exhausted last year after that game. Sorry to have to point this out again but they are not PA, they will never be PA. Batesville doesn't fear LRCA, few do. Face it, PA is Classic Coke, LRCA is Sams Choice cola.

Hi, Jesse!!!  Hope you're having a grest Monday!

Overdahill

Maybe we should all slow down and take a page from "The Pioneer" playbook and go ahead and encourage LRC to order their rings now. I always liked that play call  :D

Rick Swines

This game will be very close.  Hard to judge 2 teams when one plays a cupcake schedule and the other plays a gauntlet. 

The_Pioneer

Hey, get your own playbook.  Also, LRC should order their rings and get their Christmas parade float made up so it's ready to go in December.

incogneto

Quote from: Overdahill on September 18, 2018, 09:10:35 am
Maybe we should all slow down and take a page from "The Pioneer" playbook and go ahead and encourage LRC to order their rings now. I always liked that play call  :D
Did Batesville really do that or is that just a running joke?  I have not heard that if they did. 

Maynard G Krebs

Holding my nose and picking Nettleton.

Has Vegas posted odds on if the Nettleton strength coach will take a swing at  a Pioneer player on the sideline?

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Yeah, but how do you really feel?

Overdahill

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 18, 2018, 10:03:50 am
This game will be very close.  Hard to judge 2 teams when one plays a cupcake schedule and the other plays a gauntlet.

I'll take Gauntlet over Cupcake in a close one

JacketFan

Its conference time, so I will take the Neers by 6, we all know they always start slow.

Yellowcake

Dude, you are on a roll. I might frame this one.
Good work my friend.

A D M

48-21 Raiders just like last year.

NEASPORTSFAN

Supposed to pour down rain. Nettleton runs the spread, could cause them problems. Theyve played cupcakes for 3 weeks.

Batesville has struggled to score this year. we will see if the oline can get any push tonight.

on a nasty night at pioneer stadium, im going Batesville 17 Nettleton 16

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: AverageJo24 on September 17, 2018, 11:32:51 am
Batesville is struggling and Nettleton is rising. Its hard to count Dave King and the boys out, but they have looked awful thus far. I've got Nettleton taking control of this one. Nettleton 17+

nettleton is not rising...if Batesville played their schedule they would easily be 3-0 right now too...lets pump the brakes there hoss

AverageJo24

Quote from: NEASPORTSFAN on September 21, 2018, 09:16:38 am
nettleton is not rising...if Batesville played their schedule they would easily be 3-0 right now too...lets pump the brakes there hoss

You clearly do not understand what the term rising means. They turn a 5-5 2016 season into an 11-2 2017 season, and are 3-0 up to this point. Yes, they haven't played the same caliber teams as Batesville, but that doesn't mean that program inst rising from where it once was......Hoss. 

HeberFan

Independence County question --- is Southside better than Batesville this year?

AverageJo24

Quote from: HeberFan on September 21, 2018, 10:39:42 am

Independence County question --- is Southside better than Batesville this year?

Naw

NEASPORTSFAN

September 21, 2018, 01:21:47 pm #28 Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 01:29:00 pm by NEASPORTSFAN
lol no

A D M

It looks like Batesville's gauntlet is continuing. While Nettleton continues to squeak by cupcakes. Lol

j-mann raider 02

if Nettletion wins Next week  they will win the east  again   

i was a dourer but their Def  is great  Marcus Young  is a great RB   

Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz

NEASPORTSFAN

Great defensive game. Was 5-3 nettleton late 3rd or early 4th...cant remember. Batesville muffed a punt return deep in it's own territory. Nettleton scored and made it 11-3 and that was pretty much the ballgame. Hats off to Nettleton. Lots of speed on defense. Offense nowhere near last year. But they get the win. I was told after the game it was the first conference home loss for Batesville since 2009. Very young batesville team taking some lumps now but improving each week.

RunninJoe

Quote from: A D M on September 21, 2018, 09:33:31 pm
It looks like Batesville's gauntlet is continuing. While Nettleton continues to squeak by cupcakes. Lol

Nettleton is no gauntlet. Batesville gave the game away - literally handed them the ball once! Yeah, Nettleton is good, and they got the win because the Neers stunk it up. But gauntlet is a long stretch.

JessieP

Quote from: RunninJoe on September 21, 2018, 10:51:06 pm
Nettleton is no gauntlet. Batesville gave the game away - literally handed them the ball once! Yeah, Nettleton is good, and they got the win because the Neers stunk it up. But gauntlet is a long stretch.

Nettleton is better than Batesville, the scoreboard proved that. But Nettleton is average, zero passing game and a soft defense. If anyone thinks we're making excuses watch the tape. Batesville handed Nettleton 15 points. A muffed punt that gave Nettleton the ball at the 15, a fumbled kickoff that resulted in Batesville starting at the 2 and on the next play a miscommunication between the center/qb resulted in a fumble/safety and a 50 yard gain by Nettleton where Batesville had 3 players running off the field during the snap leaving 10 on the field. Batesville is making horrible mistakes that are uncharistic for a Dave King team. Time is running out to fix them. The East is way down and a coin toss at this point. 

A D M

September 22, 2018, 05:34:00 am #36 Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 05:38:20 am by A D M
Quote from: RunninJoe on September 21, 2018, 10:51:06 pm
I was just referring to a post earlier. When everyone was talking about how bad Batesville was going to beat them. I know that but as someone said earlier if Nettleton wins next week they have the East.

A D M

That was the first time in program history that the Raiders beat the Pioneers in Batesville.

The_Pioneer

Congrats to Nettleton.  Program firsts are big when building to something and hard to come by. 

A D M

It's a tough place to get a win.

incogneto

Congrats to Nettleton just keep winning. 

j-mann raider 02

Quote from: A D M on September 22, 2018, 05:34:00 am
I was just referring to a post earlier. When everyone was talking about how bad Batesville was going to beat them. I know that but as someone said earlier if Nettleton wins next week they have the East.

that was me  and on the nettleton radio network  they also talked up forrest city    as well   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas