• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport at Walnut Ridge

Started by 870ARK, September 17, 2018, 11:24:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

870ARK

AverageJo24

WR takes this one. Should be a good game.

DogCatcher

501Arkansas

I think newport won't have a problem with WR. Too much speed

CoolBreeze

Razorhummer

Hounds take this one. Too much speed for the Bobcats.

Leo Marvin

The Bobcats are 3-0 with Newport rolling into town for each team's first conference game.  Walnut Ridge will be ready.  Newport cannot have a let up, and I don't suspect that they will.  i think Newport takes it, but it will be a hard fought contest.

sprained ankle

Bobcats roll in 3-0 with wins over Class 2a Marked Tree, Salem, and EPC. Hounds roll in 2-1 after playing two 4a schools and one 5a. The competition is to great for the Bobcats. Hounds roll 28-7.

hsindian

I don't think it will be a blowout but I think Newport won't really be threatened after the 1st qtr either. I think Newport wins 40-27

ISU7

Quote from: sprained ankle on September 18, 2018, 06:19:02 am
Bobcats roll in 3-0 with wins over Class 2a Marked Tree, Salem, and EPC. Hounds roll in 2-1 after playing two 4a schools and one 5a. The competition is to great for the Bobcats. Hounds roll 28-7.
Agree the non conference games play by Newport should help the Hounds in this one Newport by 10

Coltfan2005

i would normally go with newport in this one, then i remember their game last year against Piggott. I'll still take Newport.

Leo Marvin

Game Day!!  Maybe the rain will hold off until after the game. 

RabAlumni

You can't really be too happy about a home win against 4A Lonoke can you? Newport has beaten them like 5 straight!

sprained ankle

Razorhummer

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 20, 2018, 07:55:47 pm
i would normally go with newport in this one, then i remember their game last year against Piggott. I'll still take Newport.
And the game with Rivercrest last season as well. ;D

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Razorhummer on September 22, 2018, 03:17:11 am

Reading comprehension...try it.

MT Legend

I watched this game on Newport cable 15. All I have to say is wow is Newport fast.they do need to cover the wheel route better though.WR look good as well they just didn't have the speed to hang with Newport.

Leo Marvin

Quote from: MT Legend on September 22, 2018, 07:24:18 pm
I watched this game on Newport cable 15. All I have to say is wow is Newport fast.they do need to cover the wheel route better though.WR look good as well they just didn't have the speed to hang with Newport.

Newport is still figuring some things out defensively.  Hopefully continued improvement throughout the year.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Leo Marvin on September 22, 2018, 09:52:48 pm
Newport is still figuring some things out defensively.  Hopefully continued improvement throughout the year.
They did look pretty darn good and that speed is something serious. Can't wait until that showdown against the noles. That's going to be a great game.

Razorhummer

ISU7

Quote from: Razorhummer on September 22, 2018, 03:17:11 am
The same Crest that won it all. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oldhound56

Yep, the same Crest that Newport completed dominated in that game!  ;D

Coltfan2005

Good for the newport team last year...Of course winning the state title was just a wee bit more exciting.

ISU7

Quote from: Oldhound56 on September 26, 2018, 05:17:34 pm
Yep, the same Crest that Newport completed dominated in that game!  ;D
Did yall get a dominate ring lol .

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas