• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on week 1?

Started by PA Dad, August 31, 2018, 11:43:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

August 31, 2018, 11:43:42 pm Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 11:56:56 pm by PA Dad
I was surprised by Alma's loss.  Maybe Casey Dick has Van Buren turned around.  We will see.

Morrilton lost but stayed close.  I'm not sure about them.  It's a real shame they lost Criswell for the year.

The East still looks very weak although Wynne played Marion much closer than I expected.

Texarkana won a good game.  If they win next week they will be one of the favorites to win it all.

Harrison's win doesn't tell us much.  Neither does Maumelle's.

LRCA looked good again tonight.  I think they look like a deep playoff team.

WC looked good tonight.  Next week against PB will be a good test.

I don't think tonight told us much about the games to come.

incogneto

JacketFan

Hard fought game in Wynne, came down to 2pt conversion instead of taking the extra point in OT.  We had no consistent offense at all, defense and special teams kept them in the game.  Young team had a lot of penalties, but I seen a lot of growth and potential in this team.  All they need is some much needed discipline, and a lot of reps, and find their identity on offense, and things should come together later on.  Great game Jackets, hold your head up, stay focused on your goals and good things will come.

Overdahill

Week "1" doesn't feel like week 1 now that there is a week 0  :-\

the voice

Morrilton fought the bigger schools which have lots more depth, very key in these hot games especially.  With a sophomore QB who made his first start . He had a couple of picks , one a pick six and the other from the inside the five for go ahead score.  Credit to Russellville for last pick. Saying all that to say this. Morrilton is a very talented team. The two QBs on the sidelines on crutches will be back and the one taking snaps will be improving each week. Season starts to matter with conference play. The dogs may fall out the polls here for a few weeks, that's ok. 😉

South 45

Quote from: the voice on September 01, 2018, 08:43:32 am
Morrilton fought the bigger schools which have lots more depth, very key in these hot games especially.  With a sophomore QB who made his first start . He had a couple of picks , one a pick six and the other from the inside the five for go ahead score.  Credit to Russellville for last pick. Saying all that to say this. Morrilton is a very talented team. The two QBs on the sidelines on crutches will be back and the one taking snaps will be improving each week. Season starts to matter with conference play. The dogs may fall out the polls here for a few weeks, that's ok. 😉
Defense made some very impressive stops especially denying points after the blown punt attempt. Considering the weight laid on the sophomore QB shoulders I felt he did well, looking better and better as the night went. I walked away after the loss more hopeful for the season than I walked in.

the voice

Yes. Keeping Russellville on their side of the field for most of not all the second half. I'm hoping for a late season peak ,, 👍🏻👍🏻

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas