• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City@Smackover!!

Started by imtie, August 27, 2018, 11:17:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hgalum50

That is absolutely stupid! Why do that crape to a team and the player just because you want to win a football game? To be the best you gotta beat the best is what I always heard.

Proud Buckaroo

When winning a game becomes more important than a kids future. You know your morals and values are all jacked up! 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

THA TRUTH

It's one game if it's not true fellas.... it's not destroying this kids life if he is that good

Proud Buckaroo

That's not the point though. Someome from Junction reported this kid. The week they are supposed to play. It's not true. But it shows what kind of morals are being taught there.

THA TRUTH

Lol now someone from jc did it

Headhunter15

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 30, 2018, 05:14:52 pm
Lol now someone from jc did it

That's the word in smackover that it did come from jc. Yeah it's a rumor for now so I wound it go out blatantly saying it was someone from jc

thabeast428

What makes you think someone from Junction reported him? Sure sounds like you can point a finger at someone bc that's who y'all are playing Sat. I don't see anyone reporting anything without legitimate reason and if it wasn't legit then why would AAA do this? Think about it if it's paperwork the school should have all the evidence they need to prove he lives in smackover or even norphlet for that matter

THA TRUTH

That's just how it goes..... I'm willing to bet there wouldn't be this much of an out cry about how unfair it is if the opponent wasn't JC this weekend

Proud Buckaroo

I don't know if it's someone from Junction. I just know that's what is being said.

On a lighter note. Just thought since we hadn't heard anyone mentioning JC and recruiting in the same sentence. That I would use that as an opportunity.

Proud Buckaroo

I said it before and I'll say it again. It's not about the opponent or the game. It's not about the team of who it was. Or who did it. To me. It's about the kid.

Headhunter15

Somebody who did it is especially upset whether it be the defending 2A champs losing how they did or the juggernaut in jc that isn't so sure about the tradition being carried out this year.  Could've been either or. Don't just say JC tho that's not credible but whoever it was didn't like that smackover had success the other night

thabeast428

I hate it for the kid. I mean but surely someone has all the proof and evidence to show the AAA or whoever. If not then the school should of been prepared. I really don't think anyone from jc would do something that stupid. Hopefully everything works out bc I was hoping to see him play against jc win or lose

bleacherbum78

of course JC did it. what doesn't JC do?

thabeast428

Lol of course surprised we haven't got caught with all the recruiting we do 😂

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: thabeast428 on August 30, 2018, 06:28:10 pm
Lol of course surprised we haven't got caught with all the recruiting we do 😂

Let me know how Smackover can slap charter on their name. 🤣🤣

Just kidding. Really though. It's not a matter of who did it. I'm just astonished that someone would.

Headhunter15

It's crazy none of this happened until he scores 5TD after him practicing all summer and everything but now accusations come about

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 30, 2018, 06:31:35 pm
Let me know how Smackover can slap charter on their name. 🤣🤣

Just kidding. Really though. It's not a matter of who did it. I'm just astonished that someone would.
You shouldn't be. Happens every year.

thabeast428

Lol talk to the AAA bout the charter... Obviously jc has their ducks in a row if it's not legal haha. But yea it is sad someone has enough time on their hands to complain about a kid that transfers to a school. The way I see it as long as it's no recruiting involved and he had a legitimate transfer from the old high school to smackover then it shouldn't matter. But I don't make the rules

Jimbo Morphis

August 30, 2018, 07:38:05 pm #118 Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 07:41:34 pm by Oldman
Quote from: thabeast428 on August 30, 2018, 07:25:16 pm
Lol talk to the AAA bout the charter... Obviously jc has their ducks in a row if it's not legal haha. But yea it is sad someone has enough time on their hands to complain about a kid that transfers to a school. The way I see it as long as it's no recruiting involved and he had a legitimate transfer from the old high school to smackover then it shouldn't matter. But I don't make the rules
If paperwork was taken care of and it's legitimate, living with a guardian and so on there is no problem. Lots of crying for there not to be a problem. There is no reason to sit him if there is not a problem.

thabeast428

Yea because if he was there all summer practicing then surely someone would have proof of everything.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: thabeast428 on August 30, 2018, 07:42:07 pm
Yea because if he was there all summer practicing then surely someone would have proof of everything.
Its called a utility bill in guardians name living in the district. I know his kin or his daddy played here won't work.

AirWarren

This is a great read let me tell you.

AirWarren

Quote from: Datruth100 on August 30, 2018, 10:08:34 am
SOME OF YALL ARE JUST SICK!! I know TURNER AND SOME OF YALL GOT YO FACTS RIGHT N SOME OF YALL ARE JUST DOWN RITE HATERS AND DONT KNOW NOTHING.. THIS KID HAS BEEN PLAYING BALL AND PERFORMING LIKE THIS SINCE HE WAS 5years old.. AND U PROBABLY AINT HEARD NOTHING ABOUT HIM BECAUSE HIS MOM HAD WAIVERS WITH THE SCHOOL IN TEXAS TO KEEP HIS STUFF PRIVATE BECAUSE OF CREEPS LIKE HALF OF YALL NOW. SOME HOW IT SLIPPED THREW THE CRACKS IN ARKANSAS N NOW LOOK! THE BOY HAS HAD N GOTTEN OFFERS FROM MANY COLLEGES CAUSE THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO AS PERMISSION TO VIEW HIS STATS! I HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE TO NO ONE BUT I WAS DIRECTED TO THIS PAGE TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE! AGAIN LIKE WAS STATED BEFORE YEA HIS IS GOOD N SUPER FAST HIS MOM WAS A TRACK STAR N HE HAS MADE HIS MARK IN TRACK ALSO!WITH THAT BEING SAID JUST CAUSE U AINT HEARD OF HIM DONT MEAN WHATS SAID AINT TRUE! ITS WAYS AROUND EVERYTHING N HIS MOM IS A VERY QUITE N HUMBLE PERSON! MAYBE IF U WASNT STUCK BEHIND A SCREEN NAME N NEVER BEEN OUT OF ARKANSAS U WOULD KNOW SOMETHING OH AND WITHOUT HIS O LINE QB AND THE REST OF HIS TEAM HE COULDNT RUN UP SCORES LIKE MONDAY ITS A FOOTBALL TEAM NOT A TRACK MEET!!! THE BUCKS PLAYED AS A TEAM AND WON AS A TEAM!!YALL HAVE A BLESSED DAY

These. These are the reason I love this site.

THA TRUTH

So many versions of THA TRUTH these days

thabeast428

August 31, 2018, 07:52:57 am #124 Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 08:04:22 am by thabeast428
Reason we didn't hear of him because last year he attended El dorado high school but didn't have the grades so didn't get to play football. So that's probably why you see no stats on him from last year. Never mind it's all over Facebook now. Now it's junction and El dorado that supposedly caused this. I mean don't get me wrong you hate to see a kid not get to play because of whatever is going on but at same time like every other student it all has to be legit and obviously something isn't. Not the kids fault tho his family and smackover school district should of had everything right.

THA TRUTH

So there is something there after all....

Carljung

If the paperwork was taken care of prior to the start of the season, like it was supposed to be, there is no issue. He should be playing tonight. If he's not playing tonight, then there is something to this...Like I said

baseball2012

Much better to be turned in after game one rather than after game nine. 

Rida4Life

I love how the Smackover logic works.... not about wins but the kids future.... no it isn't... you know you have a better chance at wins with him.  There are rules to follow with transfers.  Everyone is supposed to play by them.... not everyone does.  Texas coach #2 should have checked them before allowing the kid to play.
Yes it's a shame... the kid is a player.... but rules are rules.

Proud Buckaroo

I love how you are trying to say that it's not about the kid. You are sadly mistaken. It's not about wins/losses to me. It Is about this kid. Because he is talented and could have a great future ahead of him. But, whatever floats your goat, buddy.

WHITEchicken

Not many jc posters until this news came out. Now they are coming back from the dead.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 31, 2018, 10:20:13 am
I love how you are trying to say that it's not about the kid. You are sadly mistaken. It's not about wins/losses to me. It Is about this kid. Because he is talented and could have a great future ahead of him. But, whatever floats your goat, buddy.

It is 1 nonconference game... it's the fact it's against Jc that is eating y'all alive... one game isn't gonna hurt this kids future so stop with this pity party but if it's more than one game blame the school system

THA TRUTH

Quote from: WHITEchicken on August 31, 2018, 10:23:07 am
Not many jc posters until this news came out. Now they are coming back from the dead.

Na just people that are seeing the situation from a non bias position

Jimbo Morphis

Lets go here. Let's assume Prescott was playing an ineligible player and beat Smackover and cost them the State Championship by rushing for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns. Would it be about that one kid Prescott played or the 45 from Smackover that lost a Championship?

WorkOrder

Quote from: Oldman on August 31, 2018, 10:32:40 am
Lets go here. Let's assume Prescott was playing an ineligible player and beat Smackover and cost them the State Championship by rushing for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns. Would it be about that one kid Prescott played or the 45 from Smackover that lost a Championship?

I'm sure the Smackover faithful wouldl not say a word, because its all about the kids right?

thabeast428

August 31, 2018, 10:37:35 am #135 Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 10:49:33 am by thabeast428

Rida4Life

from what Ive heard there are bigger issues than whether or not the kid can carry a football...... If it was HONESTLY about his future it would be about getting him into the BEST POSSIBLE education environment... football would have little to do with it.

Redzone

This is what his uncle posted yesterday

"Sadly, administrators are attempting to derail my nephew after over a year of hard work, to get eligible and more importantly, on track to graduate on time. All because he lives with his grandmother, who he has spent summers with since 05, instead of in Eldorado with his father. A sad enforcement of an obscure rule, in my opinion. A young man having his dream placed in limbo, by the people who, it would seem, would hold him up as an example perseverance and results of hard work. Just a devastating turn of events."

KOJACK

Quote from: Redzone on August 31, 2018, 10:41:48 am
This is what his uncle posted yesterday

"Sadly, administrators are attempting to derail my nephew after over a year of hard work, to get eligible and more importantly, on track to graduate on time. All because he lives with his grandmother, who he has spent summers with since 05, instead of in Eldorado with his father. A sad enforcement of an obscure rule, in my opinion. A young man having his dream placed in limbo, by the people who, it would seem, would hold him up as an example perseverance and results of hard work. Just a devastating turn of events."
I don't get that some people think rules don't apply to them. It is nothing to do with derailing the kid. Why didn't he just stay and play for El Dorado?

WHITEchicken

Rules are rules for a reason. It is about the kid in the fact that hopefully he gets to continue to play and maybe play at the next level. Like som one said it is a non conference game that in the end mean nothing. Just wish he would have been able to play to see how he did against JC. I think Smackover still wins this one. Looks like Crockett will just have to carry the load which I am ok with because he is a good runner back.

dragondad

If his guardian lives in El Do and he didnt apply for school choice,  hes not only ineligible to play football, hes ineligible to attend the Smackover district.   Eligibility rules aren't obscure,  they're pretty straight forward as it pertains to residence and transfers.   If anyone local turned him in,  I'd lean more towards suspecting it was someone from El Dorado.  If hes legally supposed to attend El Dorado, they're losing not just a player, but several thousand dollars in per student funding from the state and feds.

thabeast428

If he can prove he lives in smackover with his legal guardian his grandma at least 3 days a week then he can still go to smackover

AirWarren

Quote from: dragondad on August 31, 2018, 11:03:27 am
If his guardian lives in El Do and he didnt apply for school choice,  hes not only ineligible to play football, hes ineligible to attend the Smackover district.   Eligibility rules aren't obscure,  they're pretty straight forward as it pertains to residence and transfers.   If anyone local turned him in,  I'd lean more towards suspecting it was someone from El Dorado.  If hes legally supposed to attend El Dorado, they're losing not just a player, but several thousand dollars in per student funding from the state and feds.

Agreed. It sounds like someone from wildcat country made the Initial move.

thabeast428

His close to kin said JC coach did but I'm thinking more on the line eldo is the one but guess we will never know for sure

AirWarren

August 31, 2018, 11:10:51 am #144 Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 11:12:34 am by AirWarren
Quote from: thabeast428 on August 31, 2018, 11:08:13 am
His close to kin said JC coach did but I'm thinking more on the line eldo is the one but guess we will never know for sure

Informed "Kin". We know how those folks are.....we had a big mouth on FF two years ago living in a town south of Warren but cheering for a team west of Warren. Those "next of kin" folks can sometimes speak the wrong information for these young men.

thabeast428

His cousin said the dad of the boy said that his guardian is his grandma that lives in smackover but supposedly some are saying his dad which lives in eldo is his legal guardian. But say waiting on gross to do his part at the smackover school district. But if he didn't apply for the choice then eldo school district loses money from what I understand. So still won't ever know. But they also said the JC coach started it and they were at the game Monday as well

dragondad

It's clear someone has made a concious effort to hide the fact that he attended El Dorado last year.  The first newspaper article about the foreman game stated he was an El Do transfer, but the second article stated he came from Texas.  The comments earlier in this thread, that appear to be from a family member, stated he had no stats last year because his mom withheld it from publication.... which is ridiculous to even  suggest, when the now apparently the fact is he had no stats because he didn't play in Texas or anywhere else.

It doesn't help his case that he showed up at the Jr High game in JC last night and supposedly tried to stir up trouble which nearly resulted in a large fight.

I hope the kid gets to play somewhere, but blaming JC for reporting the kid doesnt make much sense at all.  It's a non-con game that means nothing more than bragging rights locally.  Stirring trouble between local schools and students has the potential for much more damage than the outcome of a game that doesn't count.....even coaches understand that within their own team.  Ask coach Carpenter, he sent one of his star players packing during the middle.of a game two years ago due to issues he was causing.

dragondad

Quote from: thabeast428 on August 31, 2018, 11:22:56 am
His cousin said the dad of the boy said that his guardian is his grandma that lives in smackover but supposedly some are saying his dad which lives in eldo is his legal guardian. But say waiting on gross to do his part at the smackover school district. But if he didn't apply for the choice then eldo school district loses money from what I understand. So still won't ever know. But they also said the JC coach started it and they were at the game Monday as well

Then his grandma will have legal documents stating shes the legal guardian.  Which then begs the question,  if shes the legal guardian and lives in Smackover....how did he legally attend El Dorado last year?

thabeast428

dragondad

The dad, or mom, cant just say Grandma is the legal guardian.  There has to be legal paperwork stating such.  If theres no paperwork then the father or mother is the guardian.   That's how custody issues work.   It could be argued that maybe the father isnt even legally his guardian, depending on what the court custody papers say between him and the boys mother. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas