• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Girls Soccer final ranking

Started by Red Wolf, May 24, 2018, 05:18:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Wolf

MaxPreps put out a final ranking on Tuesday supposedly based on Ws, Ls, & strength of schedule.  And that seems to be a fair way in theory.  However, it does not seem to put much emphasis on head-to-head matchups.

In my opinion here's my final ranking:

1. LRCA (lost once to PA and Tied MSM (7A) early in the year.
2. PA - the best team we played all year.  MSM & Benton were comparable.
3. Harrison - PA parents said Harrison was one of their tougher games.
4. Maumelle - only because they beat VV in State.  Maumelle is a decent team but they didn't have the scoring threat this year like they did last year.
5. Valley View - you could argue VV deserves to be higher based on the season as a whole but you have to win the big games when they count the most.  From what I heard VV dominated shots on goal and possession vs. Maumelle In State playoffs but Maumelle found a way to win.

After that it's hard to say how to rank rest...Vilonia, DeQueen & Greenbrier would be the next 3.

Buck183

It's not likely that you'll get a reply to your post that has much merit.  90% of them members quit participating in here when their teams don't make the playoffs.  The rest start dropping like flies when their teams get eliminated from the playoffs.  Seems like no one even bothers coming here after the championship games for some reason. 

Hate it. 

VHSCoach2

I would agree with the eight teams you listed as the top 8 in the conference.

Top 5 would be the same, and then Greenbrier would be 6, Vilonia 7, De Queen 8.

Red Wolf

Quote from: Buck183 on May 29, 2018, 12:00:31 pm
It's not likely that you'll get a reply to your post that has much merit.  90% of them members quit participating in here when their teams don't make the playoffs.  The rest start dropping like flies when their teams get eliminated from the playoffs.  Seems like no one even bothers coming here after the championship games for some reason. 

Hate it.

Hey Buck, I didn't expect much...I guess needed to vent.  HA!  I'd like to see the coaches for all the teams who make the playoffs vote on the final poll.  They've seen most of the teams and could use that familiarity and the final state results to come up with a better final ranking than MaxPreps. 

Buck183

Quote from: Red Wolf on May 31, 2018, 07:24:00 pm
Hey Buck, I didn't expect much...I guess needed to vent.  HA!  I'd like to see the coaches for all the teams who make the playoffs vote on the final poll.  They've seen most of the teams and could use that familiarity and the final state results to come up with a better final ranking than MaxPreps.

I'd like to see you get your wish.  If it were up to me you would have four pages of replies with everyone arguing their point of view.  I enjoy seeing the differing views. 

I've actually posted replies in the past on the day after the state championship games with no comment until December or January of the following season. Crazy. 

Lets Go 5

Quote from: Buck183 on May 31, 2018, 11:58:17 pm
I'd like to see you get your wish.  If it were up to me you would have four pages of replies with everyone arguing their point of view.  I enjoy seeing the differing views. 

I've actually posted replies in the past on the day after the state championship games with no comment until December or January of the following season. Crazy.

Buck you still looking at the board?

;D

Buck183

Lets Go 5

Buck183

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas