• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 State FINALS Schedule

Started by Brian G, May 12, 2018, 06:35:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

PREP BASEBALL:  state final games:
7A - Conway vs Har-Ber
6A - Greenwood vs Benton
5A - Watson Chapel vs Sylvan Hills
4A - Nashville vs Shiloh Christian
3A - Horatio vs Harding Academy
2A - Parker's Chapel vs Spring Hill
1A - Woodlawn vs SS Bee Branch

All games will be played at #BaumStadium, home of @RazorbackBSB, on the campus of @UArkansas. The games will be played May 18-19. The @ArkActAssn will announce the date and times on Sunday.

Brian G

FRIDAY
10:00 3A Horatio vs Harding Academy
12:30 5A Sylvan Hills vs Watson Chapel
3:00 1A Woodlawn vs Southside Bee Branch
5:30 7A Conway vs Har-Ber
SATURDAY
10:00 4A Nashville vs Shiloh
12:30 2A Parkers Chapel vs Spring Hill
3:00 6A Benton vs Greenwood

OrangeCrush.

May 13, 2018, 11:58:06 am #2 Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 12:01:03 pm by OrangeCrush.
Someone help me understand why games start at 10am and more are played on Friday than Saturday. Are they not allowed to turn on the lights and play at night? Seems like a wasted opportunity to increase the number of fans, atmosphere, and money.

Brian G

I'd guess it has to do with flexibility for graduations.

blue4hire

They also leave a couple of time slots open on the back end in case of weather delays.  AAA absolutely does not want to carry over into Sunday.

TheSpecial

Quote from: blue4hire on May 13, 2018, 07:16:38 pm
They also leave a couple of time slots open on the back end in case of weather delays.  AAA absolutely does not want to carry over into Sunday.
Waiting for someone to say it

NHSPride

Redwolves8526

A 10:00am championship game...wow

Ozark Hog

AAA is a joke there all about the money. They are no better than the NCAA, they don't give d-m about the kids who play just how much money they can make off the games they play!

beach bum

Quote from: B.G. on May 13, 2018, 12:00:20 pm
I'd guess it has to do with flexibility for graduations.

Bingo ... Now stop making too much sense  ;D . Its going to start confusing people.

beach bum

Quote from: Ozark Hog link=topic=15grumpysg3599118#msg3599118 date=1526395966
AAA is a joke there all about the money. They are no better than the NCAA, they don't give d-m about the kids who play just how much money they can make off the games they play!

I think I know you from somewhere.... It's from the Disney movie with the Seven Drawfs where one of their names starts with G.

Ozark Hog

I think I know you from some where, you are the head man at AAA!!!!!!!!!! If you think I am the only one who thinks the  AAA is bad, then you need to get out more often and talk to some of the people who have to deal with their BS!

Nomad1324

Quote from: Ozark Hog on May 15, 2018, 11:23:54 am
I think I know you from some where, you are the head man at AAA!!!!!!!!!! If you think I am the only one who thinks the  AAA is bad, then you need to get out more often and talk to some of the people who have to deal with their BS!

Donald? Is that you? I thought you preferred Twitter.

*Not a political response, just a joke about the verbiage used*

beach bum

Maybe we can form the AAAA- The Amazing Arkansas Activities Association.... We'll charge 50 cents at the gate and a nickel for hot dogs.

OB11

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on May 15, 2018, 08:37:58 am
A 10:00am championship game...wow

10:00 am is the first game time every year. Been that way for years.

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on May 15, 2018, 11:50:52 am
10:00 am is the first game time every year. Been that way for years.

The state tournament games start at 10:00, maybe we should play them only at night, one each day, lol.

HorseFeathers

Pull your school out and start your own association...

oasistrader

Any score in the Horatio-Harding game ?

oasistrader

Might help if I get the right day .

blue4hire

Brian G

PressBox-81

Do we know which teams are home or is that decided at game time?

Ar HS sport fan

May 17, 2018, 09:23:35 pm #22 Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 09:31:11 pm by Ar HS sport fan
will there be a radio broadcast for those of us that cannot get off work?

also, just looked at the TV schedule,  according to directv guide

FRIDAY
10:00 3A Horatio vs Harding Academy             not broadcast
12:30 5A Sylvan Hills vs Watson Chapel           channel 42
3:00 1A Woodlawn vs Southside Bee Branch     not broadcast
5:30 7A Conway vs Har-Ber                            channel 42
SATURDAY
10:00 4A Nashville vs Shiloh                           not broadcast
12:30 2A Parkers Chapel vs Spring Hill            channel 42
3:00 6A Benton vs Greenwood                        not broadcast

Brian G

So we are clear, Fearless broadcasts what they can. It's more of a free service.  Other networks and organizations have the same chance but none of them do it.

bleudog

cuckoobird

BeachBum don't worry about the ozark guy, he's just mad that the AAA won't let Ozark JV play in the playoffs...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas