• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toughest places/stadiums to play in?

Started by Mulerider4Life, March 21, 2018, 12:31:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulerider4Life

Curious on which are the toughest for the opposing team.

beach bum

March 21, 2018, 02:02:53 pm #1 Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 02:06:24 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Mulerider4Life on March 21, 2018, 12:31:14 pm
Curious on which are the toughest for the opposing team.

In the River Valley, the three rival schools of Charleston, Ozark, and Booneville all have good atmospheres and could definitely be intimidating to 15-18 year old kids from an opposing team.... I know this is not basketball related, but in the 1-4A no doubt Huntsville and Berryville when they have good teams on the hard wood. Not easy to go to their place and get a win. There are way more than that, but those are some I have seen in person to comment on. When Huntsville has a good team I swear there is at least a couple hundred people over fire code in there in that cracker box of a gym screaming when they make good plays.

Lions84

Walnut Corner AKA Home of the Barton Bears.
Junction City
Mount IDA
Earle

tmycjy

Here is my top 10 place that are tough place to play

10.  Earle  2A School
9.   Junction city 3 A school
8.   Charlstion
7.   Batesville 5A school
6.  Wynne 5A school
5. Nashville 4A school
4. Warren 4A School
3. Greenwood 6A school
2. Pulaski academy 5A school
1. Bentonville 7A school

You could Argue this all day long this is my oppenion you could change this list all day long by your oppenion

friscokid

Any stadium with a track around it gets a couple of minuses in my opinion. You want the home crowd right on top of the action. Of course some teams are plenty good enough that they can overcome this disadvantage.

Reputation of officials is a whole other matter. Those places have been mentioned.

big E

Rison , they shake cow bells in your face and wait for you outside your locker room to do it. Kinda unnerving for a teen aged boy.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: friscokid on April 20, 2018, 09:16:46 pm
Any stadium with a track around it gets a couple of minuses in my opinion. You want the home crowd right on top of the action. Of course some teams are plenty good enough that they can overcome this disadvantage.

Reputation of officials is a whole other matter. Those places have been mentioned.

I would agree. I hate tracks around football fields. It's an old design.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: big E on April 21, 2018, 07:01:15 pm
Rison , they shake cow bells in your face and wait for you outside your locker room to do it. Kinda unnerving for a teen aged boy.

Sounds like Rison needs to be reported to the AAA?

friscokid

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 23, 2018, 07:38:10 am
I would agree. I hate tracks around football fields. It's an old design.
Of course, your mileage may vary.

I've found Atkins to be a great place with no track to watch football, but "big brother" Dover also has no track but is in a lot of ways worse because of where the home stands are built and angled. Dover's been that way for 42 complete seasons of football.

HorseFeathers

And have been known to want to fight with other teams and fans after the game...

WonderWartHawg

They just better be glad that the OHD (Original Hedge Dwellers) aren't in the north endzone any more.

SUGARTOWN

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas