• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1

Started by Interestingcall, March 01, 2018, 02:20:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

-good showing by the Saints

-Gentry tried to at least be competitive by Dardanelle

-Pea Ridge isn't as bad off as it seems, Harrison will be that good

-Gravette got beat big but they were playing solid competition too

Hogman2018

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on August 24, 2018, 11:25:58 pm
Shiloh exceeded my expectations. I was very proud of they way they played!

And oh lord that PA game!!!  Impressive any and every way you look at it.
Good luck to all the teams that has to play Shiloh ! Texarkana had over 25 penalties called on them it was terrible the game lasted 3 1/2 hours!! They made sure we didnt mercy rule them

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Hogman2018 on August 25, 2018, 08:41:59 pm
Good luck to all the teams that has to play Shiloh ! Texarkana had over 25 penalties called on them it was terrible the game lasted 3 1/2 hours!! They made sure we didnt mercy rule them

Hogman2018 that was a very rare occurrence. Nobody in the 4A will be concerned with us getting all the calls.  If the officials can be persuaded then guys PM me  ;D ...

Hogman2018

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on August 25, 2018, 09:13:53 pm
Hogman2018 that was a very rare occurrence. Nobody in the 4A will be concerned with us getting all the calls.  If the officials can be persuaded then guys PM me  ;D ...
LOL

$aintMaximu$

BigGuy22

Idk what was wrong with Pea Ridge or if Harrison was just that much stronger of a team but it seemed like everything went wrong. First offensive snap was a mishandled exchange leading to a fumble recovered by Harrison leading to a two play touchdown. And botched snap by Harrison bounces off the quarterbacks hands and into the motioning receivers hand and picks up a 12 yard gain on a crucial third down. Pea Ridges receivers looks scared to take contact after the catch, line isn't blocking well. Even the defense has kinks. D line man not fitting right along with the linebackers. Corners making mistakes and getting out jumped for 2 touchdowns.. I don't know if it was just a bad game or what but if Pea Ridge can't figure something out before conference play it's gonna be a long year for the Blackhawks

Dart@1090

I watched that PR game.  They definitely took a dynamic step back on Offense like we thought they would.  But, I was most disappointed in the D.  They were out of place on some plays, an the broken tackles oh my.   The Center was getting blown up on snap making the timing off mostly all night.  But, I was impressed by Harrison's size and speed hopefully they can make some noise in there conference.  PR got some good film, an a lot to work on this is a good staff I believe they will get it cleaned up. 

BigGuy22

I sure hope so.. they're the pride of a town that doesn't have much so the need to step it up

bigchief72455

A lot of talent left PR last season. Harrison is also really good. It's going to take some time for some of the players that were not returning starters to figure it out.

TIGER101

Quote from: BigGuy22 on August 02, 2018, 09:05:16 pm
Oh yeah Pea Ridge probably won't even score and Prarie Grove will have around 40 to 50! We can always count Pea Ridge out cause they never live up to the hype! I mean they should've been the state champs the last two years! Let's just keep counting them out! Cause I know they enjoy it!

Should have been back to back?

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

I watched the Gravette Cascia Hall Game and it was somewhat sad to see. Gravette looked like Gentry has for most of the past decade; small numbers, small upfront, and relying on the quarterback for most of the production. Not too many runs were called for White but I imagine that will change come conference. Their base run game with their current personnel reminds me a bit of Bielema trying to run over the SEC without a line full of cornfed northern boys like he had at Wisconsin.
With Coach Greenwood coming from Jenks I was looking for the R4 system to show but White didn't have much time.
Right now it looks to me like its Prairie Grove and then everybody else. 

RZback

Conference may be open to a few shake ups but the top of the heap is still the top until they get knocked off.

RZback

Quote from: whippersnapper on August 22, 2018, 01:04:41 pm
Lincoln "won" last night's scrimmage against WF in a regular half at 27-6.

Good news for the Wolves because as bad as WF is a loss or anything close would be a disaster.

$aintMaximu$

Looks like so far everybody is down... Still have to wait and see on PG...

footballfan-tastic

Whats the outlook for Lincoln vs Westville tonight.

whippersnapper

Should be a good game. Both teams are now playing for a trophy called the Stateline Stand Off. Although I should note that Soph WR Daytin Davis for Lincoln broke his collarbone in the WF scrimmage. Will be intwresting to see who steps up at that spot now. I would think SR Sterling Morphis would just move over then soph Eli Rich takes his spot.

Hogman2018

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on August 25, 2018, 09:13:53 pm
Hey ST. our #25  broke his leg last night probably out all year! Big blow he had 175 yds on the Texas team when he broke it!

LION Dad

Quote from: GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over on August 27, 2018, 11:26:43 am
I watched the Gravette Cascia Hall Game and it was somewhat sad to see. Gravette looked like Gentry has for most of the past decade; small numbers, small upfront, and relying on the quarterback for most of the production. Not too many runs were called for White but I imagine that will change come conference. Their base run game with their current personnel reminds me a bit of Bielema trying to run over the SEC without a line full of cornfed northern boys like he had at Wisconsin.
With Coach Greenwood coming from Jenks I was looking for the R4 system to show but White didn't have much time.
Right now it looks to me like its Prairie Grove and then everybody else.

The front line only has one guy that is not a returning starter, that's the same bunch that blocked for the NWA and 1-4A back of the yr.  Casica Hall is a pretty good team and we don't have the same talent in all the skilled positions that we've had in the past yrs they are all very young.  We are gonna be down from where we've been but lots of talent in the pipeline. Only one game in and your comparing us to Gentry, Gravette's program is heads and shoulders above that program and most likely will be for yrs to come

whippersnapper

September 01, 2018, 12:57:04 pm #118 Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 01:00:44 pm by whippersnapper
Wolves start the year off right with a dominate win over their rival westville. Senior QB Caleb Lloyd had arguably his best game to date at QB going 21-28 231yds and 3 TDs. The defense was dominate all night long. Not sure exactly how many first downs they had but wasn't many. The TD was very late with literally under 5 to go. Westville also has a long ways to go with the new offense. Mutliple false starts. Timing is everything in the triple option.
Now onto Keys OK, which runs the wing T. Wolf pack has to keep a steady head and not let there be a hangover affect after last night.

nuttinbuthogs

Pro: Good strong win last night with lots of hi-lights.  Con: A game Lincoln had to win. Westville was terrible last year and was left with nothing and is in a mess right now. Not sure how much we know about the conference outlook from this game.
Overall:   Looked good against a terrible team, did what you are supposed to do in that instance. The conference looks to be down overall and that means prospect of getting a higher seed in the playoffs are very very good.

BigGuy22

Pea Ridge didn't have anything in the first half. 4 turnovers and gave up 33 points.. Terrible half for offense and defense. Second half was a script flip.. Defense only allowed 1 touchdown and offense scored 30 with some new offensive looks! If Pea Ridge can play a whole game the way they played the second half they can beat a lot of teams in the state!

RZback

Quote from: BigGuy22 on September 01, 2018, 09:34:05 pm
Pea Ridge didn't have anything in the first half. 4 turnovers and gave up 33 points.. Terrible half for offense and defense. Second half was a script flip.. Defense only allowed 1 touchdown and offense scored 30 with some new offensive looks! If Pea Ridge can play a whole game the way they played the second half they can beat a lot of teams in the state!

True in part.  How many Maumelle players were 2/3 teamers in second half.  I don't know just asking.  PR did lessen the number of unforced errors though.

prHOG13

Quote from: RZback on September 02, 2018, 04:27:12 pm
True in part.  How many Maumelle players were 2/3 teamers in second half.  I don't know just asking.  PR did lessen the number of unforced errors though.
Starters remained in until the 4th quarter and the last possession to seal the win.

nuttinbuthogs

Is there anywhere good to eat in Keys?

B&GT

I think the 4A-1 is back to being mediocre. *sigh*

RZback

Conference is 4-12 so far.  That's pretty amazing.

RZback

Victories among the conference teams coming against WestFork, Westville, Keys, Truman.

x14113

Quote from: B&GT on September 07, 2018, 09:49:11 pm
I think the 4A-1 is back to being mediocre. *sigh*

If you can hold on for two more years, some respect will come your way...maybe...  ;)

bulldoghistorian

Surprised to see PG and PR winless, I know it's early.

beach bum

The 1-4A is waaaay down. It is not out of the question for PG to go 5-5 this year. I think we have to give Lincoln some major credit. This may just be the year Lincoln can beat Prairie Grove. Lincoln imo may not be able to hang with Shiloh because the Saints have an offense that PG and Pea Ridge do not have. However, if Lincoln catches Pea Ridge or PG on a day where they come out flat the Wolves may come up and bite them and pull the win. If Lincoln wins the games they should they will be 7-2 at worst and possibly 8-1 if they pull an upset before then when they take on PG week 10..... and PG could potentially be 4-5 or 5-4 and Lincoln would have the confidence to finally pull it off.

whippersnapper

Lincoln came home with another victory last night. The wolves faced quite a bit of adversity the past couple weeks as 5 guys have been injured or sick now. All being a starter or backup. First was Davis with a broken collarbone against WF. Then week 1 soph Eli Rich tore his ACL and SR Cam Brown has a knee injury as well but not sure of his diagnosis. QB Tyler Brewer and WR/DB Marcus Sturgill was not dressed out last night. Havent heard anything official on either of them. But That's 5 guys that start somewhere or a depth/backup. After all of that in 2 weeks down I was nervous last night. But the wolves kept doing their thing. Now onto Subiaco to which is another wing t type team to get the wolves ready for conf play.

RZback

A win is a win and take all you can get.  That said, conference is obviously down and the opposition for some has been marginal. Every team deals with injury.  Not to say Lincoln may not have its best year in a while but the pre-conference  schedule is pretty weak.  We will not know how good Lincoln is until we get to conference play or how good PG, PR, and Shiloh may be after they get their youngsters some PT. At that point we will see.  Lincoln right now  does look better than last year. For the time being the conference may have another tough week coming up.

whippersnapper

Did i say no other team deals with injury anywhere??
Nope. But when you lose 4 starters in literally a week's time that can have a big mental affect on a high school football team. Especially early in the season. Yes its next man up but as the saying goes those guys were starters for a reason. Luckily Lincoln has better depth and overall talent since coach Harrison has been here.

RZback

Quote from: whippersnapper on September 08, 2018, 02:50:09 pm
Did i say no other team deals with injury anywhere??
Nope. But when you lose 4 starters in literally a week's time that can have a big mental affect on a high school football team. Especially early in the season. Yes its next man up but as the saying goes those guys were starters for a reason. Luckily Lincoln has better depth and overall talent since coach Harrison has been here.

I didn't say you made any such statement, merely stated a fact of football. Gee you are touchy.  As far as better depth and talent that is what this season may prove, or not!

x14113

After looking through the results so far, a notion suddenly popped into my head:

What are the chances that the Berryville Bobcats end their 12-year playoff drought?

Their chances look favorable against both Gentry and Green Forest, so that means they would have to win just one more conference game.

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

Quote from: x14113 on September 10, 2018, 12:15:36 am
After looking through the results so far, a notion suddenly popped into my head:

What are the chances that the Berryville Bobcats end their 12-year playoff drought?

Their chances look favorable against both Gentry and Green Forest, so that means they would have to win just one more conference game.

Looks like they have Gravette at home and have to travel to Lincoln this year, so their best chance is probably against the Lions. What are the chances Berryville sweeps Gentry, Gravette, and Lincoln in a three game stretch and have the playoffs wrapped up halfway through?

RZback

They beat GF and Gentry back in 2016 and it could happen again but another win will be harder to come by.  Bottom half is really poor right now.  I think PG or Shiloh gets in shape for 1st and then PR will line up about 3rd.  After that its anybodies guess.  Or it could be completely different.  I think the top 3 are still the top 3 and the bottom 5 will sort it out for the rest. 

Hawk4L

PR, Shiloh, Lincoln & PG will be the top 4 and any of them could be 1st to 4th. The other 4 have no chance.

nuttinbuthogs

If Hawk is correct.  Who looks like the likely 5th place, Gravette or someone else?  I'm not sure on where Lincoln will finish yet because I'm not sure how good the competition has been.  A pair of 3-7 the last two seasons and a couple of 5-5 in junior high leave me skeptical.

Patriot12

Lincoln plays the softest preseason and and now talks about taken down one or more of the big three. I might be wrong but if they had played any of the conference teams preseason schedule short of Greenforst I don't think we would be having this conversation.  It would be nice for the bottom half of the conference to push the top but it's way to early for that.

whippersnapper

The only Lincoln "talk" of them finishing in the top 4 is by a guy with the word hawk in his name. I'm gonna guess he isn't a Lincoln poster.

Hawk4L

I think Lincoln will finish 4th. If they finish lower I wouldn't be surprised. But they have won first 2 games easily. I know it's easy schedule.  PR by far has the hardest schedule.   This is my prediction
1 Shiloh
2 PR
3 PG
4 Lincoln
5 Gravette
6 Berryville
7 Green Forest
8 Gentry

Thatoneguy2

Green Forest will win the dang 4a-1 hands down. Green forest will take down Shiloh in 3 quarters but possible lose to berryville. The Pg game will be an easy blowout for Green forest by 30. Gravette will be tough but be over by the start of the 2 half. Lincoln will overcome the struggle of the green forest defense and offence but will still win by 24. Green forest will get beat by pea ridge though. Green forest will make it to the semifinals at least. Green forest has 2 d1 stars and that will help them in the playoffs. GREEN FOREST ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!

Lizard47

Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on September 13, 2018, 10:58:01 am
Green Forest will win the dang 4a-1 hands down. Green forest will take down Shiloh in 3 quarters but possible lose to berryville. The Pg game will be an easy blowout for Green forest by 30. Gravette will be tough but be over by the start of the 2 half. Lincoln will overcome the struggle of the green forest defense and offence but will still win by 24. Green forest will get beat by pea ridge though. Green forest will make it to the semifinals at least. Green forest has 2 d1 stars and that will help them in the playoffs. GREEN FOREST ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!

What the heck?

bilboswaggins

Man, the top teams losing a few games that weren't cupcakes sure has others crawling out from behind their keyboards.

beach bum

Quote from: Hawk4L on September 12, 2018, 09:51:27 pm
I think Lincoln will finish 4th. If they finish lower I wouldn't be surprised. But they have won first 2 games easily. I know it's easy schedule.  PR by far has the hardest schedule.   This is my prediction
1 Shiloh
2 PR
3 PG
4 Lincoln
5 Gravette
6 Berryville
7 Green Forest
8 Gentry

Right now I would have to agree on those rankings. Those are solid. It's going to be interesting if this is the year Lincoln catches one of those top 3 on the wrong night and pulls an extra win off.

Thatoneguy2

Quote from: beach bum on September 13, 2018, 05:24:29 pm
Right now I would have to agree on those rankings. Those are solid. It's going to be interesting if this is the year Lincoln catches one of those top 3 on the wrong night and pulls an extra win off.

Green forest easy 1 seed or 2 seed

beach bum

Quote from: Patriot12 on September 12, 2018, 07:49:21 pm
Lincoln plays the softest preseason and and now talks about taken down one or more of the big three. I might be wrong but if they had played any of the conference teams preseason schedule short of Greenforst I don't think we would be having this conversation.  It would be nice for the bottom half of the conference to push the top but it's way to early for that.

We all understand Lincoln has played a weak schedule. However, typical "stinkin Lincoln" teams would not be winning games with ease like they did the first two even against bad competition. Combine that with knowing Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove are obviously no longer on their respective magic carpet rides, at this point you have to say Lincoln looks a cut above the bottom 4 and will play PR and PG way better than the last half decade.

beach bum

Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on September 13, 2018, 05:27:22 pm
Green forest easy 1 seed or 2 seed

Their 3.5 points per game including a tough loss to juggernaut Yellville Summit has the 1-4A shaken to the core  ;D ..... Maybe they can have a Carroll County All Star team and then they can get the 5 seed

beach bum

It appears the 1-4A brought it tonight so they wouldn't look like a ship that has completely taken in water yet

My suspicions seemed correct to not put too much into Pea Ridge's big loss to Harrison cause I knew Harrison was going to be good. The Goblins have the potential to finish 10-0 headed to the playoffs so there was no shame in the Blackhawks loss to them. Pea Ridge's win against Farmington obviously shows they are a cut above Prairie Grove even after PG beating Pottsville. That was a nice bounce back by PG though

Shiloh keeps putting up solid results. Them and Pea Ridge should be a really good game. Even after PG getting their first win you still have to say they lag behind the top 2

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas