• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

District Tournaments

Started by Uncle Tupelo, January 31, 2018, 10:56:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Tupelo

Please list sites and brackets when available.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

4-4A will be played at Pottsville, but no brackets yet.

Uncle Tupelo

2-4A is at Riverview.  Will post a bracket when it is released.

StevenGlen

I would not expect brackets to be released until Thursday or Friday, after all the seeding meetings are held thanks to the "blended" conference madness. Having people vote on who gets set where in the post season I mean who does this, right?  Wait, NCAA football does what??  ;D

LRRandy

8 CAC         Monday
9 Heber

3 HWH
6 Riverview.    Wednesday

4 Stuttgart
5 Estem      Wednesday

2 Baptist Prep
7 Lonoke          Tuesday

1 fighting Brogdons
8/9 winner      Tuesday

Games at Riverview

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: LRRandy on February 07, 2018, 02:26:17 pm
8 CAC         Monday
9 Heber

3 HWH

4 Stuttgart
5 Estem      Wednesday

2 Baptist Prep

1 fighting Brogdons
8/9 winner      Tuesday

Games at Riverview

WOW... that Stuttgart/ESTEM game will end a good team's season right out of the box!

Bbal789

I know Southside is having their problem right now with a dad having to much influence but I feel like people shouldn't be constantly insulting them about it. Just let them play ball. Everyone has their own opinions about stuff. If you keep insulting and people know what team you are associated with it makes your team and school look kind of bad. I know I need to watch what I say and what conversations I start because I wish I didn't start some conversations because it showed poor class on my part especially towards a certain team.

SUGARTOWN

8 CAC         Monday
9 Heber

3 HWH

4 Stuttgart
5 Estem      Wednesday

2 Baptist Prep

1 fighting Brogdons
8/9 winner      Tuesday

Games at Riverview

Is this the bracket? 1 & 2 could play in 2nd round and 3 vs 4? That can't be right.

LRRandy

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 07, 2018, 03:51:42 pm
Is this the bracket? 1 & 2 could play in 2nd round and 3 vs 4? That can't be right.
sorry. Sloppy on my part. I just listed the teams and who they were playing the first game., normal seeding bracket is how it is. Didn't mean to confuse.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LRRandy on February 07, 2018, 04:24:32 pm
sorry. Sloppy on my part. I just listed the teams and who they were playing the first game., normal seeding bracket is how it is. Didn't mean to confuse.

Got it. Thanks

westhelena1

With a 20-1 record and the only loss coming to a team ranked in the Democrat-Gazette's Class 4A Super Six, there is no logical reason for the Cougars to be a #3.  Of the three blended champions with one conference loss each, the Cougars have the best loss.  Southside has the worst one to a Class 3A school.  Yet, this bunch of good ole boys makes Southside the top seed.  Only in the Arkansas Activities Association.

LRRandy

Quote from: westhelena1 on February 07, 2018, 05:45:29 pm
With a 20-1 record and the only loss coming to a team ranked in the Democrat-Gazette's Class 4A Super Six, there is no logical reason for the Cougars to be a #3.  Of the three blended champions with one conference loss each, the Cougars have the best loss.  Southside has the worst one to a Class 3A school.  Yet, this bunch of good ole boys makes Southside the top seed.  Only in the Arkansas Activities Association.
then win. Simple as that.

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on February 07, 2018, 06:16:48 pm
then win. Simple as that.

Exactly.... The cream will always rise to the top in the postseason when it gets crunch time in close games... HWH will eventually either get or done or not when it matters most. This #3 seed won't matter if they win when it matters. They have their chance to prove the haters wrong.

Uncle Tupelo

February 07, 2018, 09:13:51 pm #13 Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:06:57 am by Uncle Tupelo
2-4A Girls @ Riverview

Monday 6:00
8 Stuttgart vs 9 Baptist Prep

Tuesday
4:00 1 CAC vs Stuttgart/Baptist Prep winner
6:30 2 Lonoke vs 7 Heber Springs

Wednesday
4:00 3 Riverview vs 6 Helena
6:30 4 ESTEM vs 5 Batesville Southside

Semis Thursday 4:00 and 6:30
Consolation Saturday 3:00
Finals Saturday 6:00

Bbal789

This is easily the most loaded district so its honestly not that bad being a #3 seed.

eagle1

Surprised to see Southside as the #1 seed, but bottom line you just have to win to advance no matter who you play.

LRRandy

Quote from: eagle1 on February 08, 2018, 07:49:38 am
Surprised to see Southside as the #1 seed, but bottom line you just have to win to advance no matter who you play.
disrispek if you ask me. That or backlash. 3 years of dominating 4a it appears that coaches took advantage of an opportunity to move Baptist down.

RamblinRazorWreck

February 08, 2018, 11:33:44 am #17 Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 11:35:16 am by RamblinRazorWreck
Quote from: LRRandy on February 08, 2018, 11:24:49 am
disrispek if you ask me. That or backlash. 3 years of dominating 4a it appears that coaches took advantage of an opportunity to move Baptist down.

I actually think it turned out Okay for BP.  I think they might rather face HWH than the winner of the Ricebirds & Mets.  Although I expect HWH will come more ready to play than whatever that thing was they tried last year in the District Finals (embarrassing - still trying to take the air out of the ball while down by 20+).

The Region Tournament for the East will be really, really tough as well!!!  There will be several VERY good teams that will not make State and at least 1 from this district that won't make the Regionals.

Bbal789

The reason Southside is the first seed is because of their record in conference play. It is sort of messed up because some teams played more conference games than others. I think people talk too much trash about Southside because to be honest they are not a bad team and everyone always acts so surprised when they are at the top. You still got to win to move on though which they did not do last year. Every year is different though. You can be back to back state champs and lose one game somewhere along the line and your out. No #1 or #2 seed is safe this year. You could end up being paired with ESTEM or Brookland first round of regionals. Those are both really good teams and have the capability of knocking the best out.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 08, 2018, 11:51:25 am
The reason Southside is the first seed is because of their record in conference play. It is sort of messed up because some teams played more conference games than others. I think people talk too much trash about Southside because to be honest they are not a bad team and everyone always acts so surprised when they are at the top. You still got to win to move on though which they did not do last year. Every year is different though. You can be back to back state champs and lose one game somewhere along the line and your out. No #1 or #2 seed is safe this year. You could end up being paired with ESTEM or Brookland first round of regionals. Those are both really good teams and have the capability of knocking the best out.

No surprise here.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: StevenGlen on February 06, 2018, 03:00:05 pm
I would not expect brackets to be released until Thursday or Friday, after all the seeding meetings are held thanks to the "blended" conference madness. Having people vote on who gets set where in the post season I mean who does this, right?  Wait, NCAA football does what??  ;D

AAA showing tournament will be played in Russellville??

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: westhelena1 on February 07, 2018, 05:45:29 pm
Don't blame this one on the AAA. Seedings for conference tournaments — because of these mixed-conference districts — are done by the coaches, not the AAA.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on February 09, 2018, 06:10:46 am
Don't blame this one on the AAA. Seedings for conference tournaments — because of these mixed-conference districts — are done by the coaches, not the AAA.

To many people don't understand this..... Had a person tell me the other day that AAA rules cost his team the #1 seed in their district tournament....when what it was the coaches of the teams in the district tournament agreed to a single round robin "conference" play

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 08, 2018, 05:32:31 pm
AAA showing tournament will be played in Russellville??
It says Russellville, but give Pottsville's school address.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 09, 2018, 10:01:45 am
It says Russellville, but give Pottsville's school address.

Thanks...Probably gonna watch a couple games after work next week... And didn't want to show up to an empty gym at Pottsville lol

1-Adam-12

February 10, 2018, 11:04:31 am #25 Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:07:16 am by 1-Adam-12
Quote from: StevenGlen on February 06, 2018, 03:00:05 pm

Here you go....

Boys:

Pottsville vs. Waldron, 5:00 Monday
Booneville vs. West Fork, 8:00 Tuesday
Ozark vs. Dover, 7:40 Monday
Subiaco vs. Dardanelle, 5:20 Tuesday

Girls:
Ozark bye
West Fork vs. Dover, 6:40 Tuesday
Pottsville vs. Waldron, 6:20 Monday
Dardanelle vs. Booneville, 4:00 Tuesday.

What's with these :20s and :40s?!

Out of the eight boys teams six are above .500 and Waldron only one game below.  Some good teams will be headed to the off-season after the first round.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on February 10, 2018, 11:04:31 am
Here you go....

Boys:

Girls:
Ozark bye

Out of the eight boys teams six are above .500 and Waldron only one game below.  Some good teams will be headed to the off-season after the first round.

Waldron has the best scorer in the tournament tho. 

Livewire

Here you go....

Boys:

Girls:
Ozark bye

Would't you expect them to be over .500 in a blended conference where they are playing against smaller 3A schools?

Livewire

3-4A @ Harrisburg -boys

2-12 @5:30 2)Brookland-7)Cave City
        @8:30 1)Westside-8)Highland

2-13 @5:30 4)Gosnell-5)Pocahontas
        @8:30 3)Trumann-6)Harrisburg

J12

Quote from: Livewire on February 10, 2018, 12:45:55 pm
Would't you expect them to be over .500 in a blended conference where they are playing against smaller 3A schools?

Maybe over there. In the blended conference for Manila and Westside it's much tougher than playing teams like Pocahontas and highland

Greatdane6

8 CAC         Monday
9 Heber

3 HWH

4 Stuttgart
5 Estem      Wednesday

OMG THIS IS HORRIBLE for the whole district I mean someone tell me how do you rank this tournament I don't understand why!!!!! Can someone tell me do they all play each other twice? Do they even play these teams at all? Its like your punishing a couple of good teams.

2 Baptist Prep

1 fighting Brogdons
8/9 winner      Tuesday

Games at Riverview

Greatdane6

February 10, 2018, 03:25:59 pm #31 Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:28:05 pm by Greatdane6
Now this is first look, now they should make it similar to the 8-4a district like this.
Boys
North division  South Division
1.Star City.         1. Monticello
2.Dumas.           2. Warren
3.Dollarway.       3. Hamburg
4.DeWitt            4. Crossett

3n vs 4s                 3s vs 4n
(Winner vs 2s).       (Winner vs 2n)
Winner vs 1n            Winner vs 1s
Then Championship game

The number 1seeds double bye and go to the regionals playing for seeding for the regionals
The number 2seeds single bye win that game you going to regionals playing for seeding
The number 3seeds and 4seeds must win two games to go to the regionals.
That's my opinion

For Stuttgart and Estem it's like a good team that is going to be left out of regionals and could have beat more than half the teams in the 8-4a conference also same case is for West Helena and Riverview

1-Adam-12

February 11, 2018, 09:13:32 am #32 Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 09:20:54 am by 1-Adam-12
Quote from: Livewire on February 10, 2018, 12:45:55 pm

Waldron was 7-7 in the blended, but six of those were against 3A teams. Their only win against a 4A team was against Subi, when Brown had the game of his life with 56 points. I think that, plus the fact they lost to West Fork by 13 on a neutral court, was what played into the Bulldogs being a #8 seed in the tournament.

And, I should have clarified that I was stating the teams' overall records.

87DAWG

Quote from: J12 on February 10, 2018, 02:16:06 pm
Maybe over there. In the blended conference for Manila and Westside it's much tougher than playing teams like Pocahontas and highland
Say what you want about Highland and Pocahontas but You have no business putting Manila in the same sentence as Westside! I don't care how close you played them Blah Blah Blah. Your a good 3A team! That's it....

Nomad1324

Quote from: Greatdane6 on February 10, 2018, 03:10:03 pm

Some of them don't play each other at all.

That's the worst thing about this blended conference stuff. Glad it's going away next year.

Bearcat45

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Nomad1324 on February 12, 2018, 11:12:15 am
Some of them don't play each other at all.

That's the worst thing about this blended conference stuff. Glad it's going away next year.

Yeah, I have no idea why you don't just play the team's in your conference like in football. This blended stuff was confusing and stupid.

J12

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on February 12, 2018, 10:33:31 pm
Anyone have times on the district tournament at Riverview?
Batesville Southside boys plays Heber/CAC winner at 5:15
Baptist Prep boys plays  Lonoke at 7:15

sports_lover

February 13, 2018, 01:10:49 am #39 Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 01:15:54 am by sports_lover
Here you go....

Boys:

Girls:
Ozark bye

Gray lizard

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 10, 2018, 11:36:20 am
Waldron has the best scorer in the tournament tho.

He had a off night if he is the best.  I only saw the 1st 1/4 but Ozark's # 2 was on fire.  Is this normal play for him.  If so he would be one of the best I have seen in a while as far as pure shooter.

iRebound

Quote from: Greatdane6 on February 10, 2018, 03:25:59 pm
Now this is first look, now they should make it similar to the 8-4a district like this.
Boys
North division  South Division
1.Star City.         1. Monticello
2.Dumas.           2. Warren
3.Dollarway.       3. Hamburg
4.DeWitt            4. Crossett

3n vs 4s                 3s vs 4n
(Winner vs 2s).       (Winner vs 2n)
Winner vs 1n            Winner vs 1s
Then Championship game

The number 1seeds double bye and go to the regionals playing for seeding for the regionals
The number 2seeds single bye win that game you going to regionals playing for seeding
The number 3seeds and 4seeds must win two games to go to the regionals.
That's my opinion

For Stuttgart and Estem it's like a good team that is going to be left out of regionals and could have beat more than half the teams in the 8-4a conference also West Helena

The same can be said for the girls side. The girls side is loaded with Riverview, CAC, Estem, and Lonoke. I bet those are the 4 that come out, but Southside and Stuttgart aren't too shabby either. Both displayed around 18 wins going into the tourney. 6 good teams in it and only 4 coming out. Stuttgart is playing CAC so we can all assume they're done. SS matches up with Estem and I think that Estem will just be too much for SS to handle. Definitely the hardest district in 4a top to bottom.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 13, 2018, 08:05:49 am
He had a off night if he is the best.  I only saw the 1st 1/4 but Ozark's # 2 was on fire.  Is this normal play for him.  If so he would be one of the best I have seen in a while as far as pure shooter.
Masingale is a very talented player and scorer for Ozark.

Greatdane6

February 13, 2018, 08:17:43 pm #43 Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:28:35 pm by Greatdane6
Quote from: iRebound on February 13, 2018, 11:17:45 am
The same can be said for the girls side. The girls side is loaded with Riverview, CAC, Estem, and Lonoke. I bet those are the 4 that come out, but Southside and Stuttgart aren't too shabby either. Both displayed around 18 wins going into the tourney. 6 good teams in it and only 4 coming out. Stuttgart is playing CAC so we can all assume they're done. SS matches up with Estem and I think that Estem will just be too much for SS to handle. Definitely the hardest district

Now you maybe be right about the girls, what you said about the girls has a different view than them boys. I only disagree what you said is where the girls and Boys are seeding in the district tournament. Now with that being said, with the girls teams you named at least them girls won't get knocked out unless it's and huge upset with these other girls teams being not as good as the teams you name.

The Boys teams is different you got Estem and Stuttgart winner moves on loser goes home. season over. Same way with HWH vs Riverview(home court) that's tough with Baptist Prep and Batesville SS have easy paths that's bs. 

HorseFeathers

That's not AAA....district brackets were set up by the....get this...districts

Greatdane6

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 13, 2018, 08:21:22 pm
That's not AAA....district brackets were set up by the....get this...districts

My bad it's  just that blended stuff is just that horrible

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas