• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norfork vs Watson Chapel girls

Started by Bomberman, December 27, 2017, 11:58:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomberman

HorseFeathers

Majorpain

Bomberman

Norfork will play the winner of Mtn. Home vs. Rose Bud tomorrow night at 7 p.m.

Bomberman

Norfork vs. Mountain Home tomorrow night at 7

Majorpain

That will get wild! I'm pretty sure that's never happened in girls. Norfork and Mtn Home gonna be a packed house.

Bomberman

Quote from: Majorpain on December 27, 2017, 09:54:16 pm
That will get wild! I'm pretty sure that's never happened in girls. Norfork and Mtn Home gonna be a packed house.
Yeah it should be close to standing room only.  I am not sure when the senior high teams last played each other. 

noties

Bomberman, what do you think about the matchup? I assume you are pretty familiar with both teams.

Bomberman

Quote from: noties on December 28, 2017, 10:38:35 am
Bomberman, what do you think about the matchup? I assume you are pretty familiar with both teams.
Norfork is very well balanced, can play inside or outside game and anyone on the court at anytime could be the leading scorer.  They are very unselfish and play solid defense. Mtn. Home is a very physical, solid defensive team with really good speed. Offensively Hannah Pfeiffer is a top notch scorer who can shoot the lights out. Huskey is also a good shooter and Martin scores well driving to the hole.  I think the matchup to watch will be at p.g. with Riley Walker and Ivy McGowan.  Walker is an excellent defender and has tons of speed and will pressure McGowan all night long. McGowan and Dodson will have to stay out of foul trouble for Norfork to stay in the game. I think Norfork is the more consistent offensive team and I give a defensive edge to MH. Either way should be a great matchup and I hope anyone who is able to attend does.

Moonshiner

Playing the game at Mtn. Home gives a HUGE edge to the Lady Bombers as well. 
I remember a few years ago Valley Springs took their undefeated Jr. girls over there.
M.H. won a close one after four Valley starters fouled out.  Not stating anything other than fact.  That team from Valley won the AAA state two years ago I believe.

noties

Thanks, Bomberman! I know zero about MH so I wasn't sure what to expect as far as matchup goes. I am planning on being there. Hoping for a great game!

Bomberman

Quote from: noties on December 28, 2017, 11:49:13 am
Thanks, Bomberman! I know zero about MH so I wasn't sure what to expect as far as matchup goes. I am planning on being there. Hoping for a great game!
No problem! Should be a good one, get as many people as you can to come. 

SackAttack

Huge huge huge coaching edge to Mtn. Home and no one can say it aint so!!

Majorpain

Wow you picked up on that too. Of course it is they are 6 a and have six coaches coaching a 12 man squad. Boy that's a good observation!

SackAttack

Quote from: Majorpain on December 28, 2017, 01:39:39 pm
Wow you picked up on that too. Of course it is they are 6 a and have six coaches coaching a 12 man squad. Boy that's a good observation!
Dude if it was a 1on 1 coaching match it would still be a total mismatch coaching wise. your young gun aint even close to being in Dell Leonards class. You people just do not like hearing the truth!!

Moonshiner

Quote from: SackAttack on December 28, 2017, 01:42:53 pm
Dude if it was a 1on 1 coaching match it would still be a total mismatch coaching wise. your young gun aint even close to being in Dell Leonards class. You people just do not like hearing the truth!!

You're just trying to start an argument.  Both coaches do a good job. So, with that said....MH has more kids to pick from, playing at home, has the better coach (in your opinion) and has several assistants.  This game, on paper, shouldn't be close.
So if Norfork wins.....?  Who gets the credit and who gets the blame? This is a lose/lose situation for MH. 

SackAttack

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 28, 2017, 01:48:44 pm
You're just trying to start an argument.  Both coaches do a good job. So, with that said....MH has more kids to pick from, playing at home, has the better coach (in your opinion) and has several assistants.  This game, on paper, shouldn't be close.
So if Norfork wins.....?  Who gets the credit and who gets the blame? This is a lose/lose situation for MH.
And already we are starting with the what ifs and spinning it for the what ifs. I expected as much! They aint even put their socks on yet and already we start. For the record I could care less who wins and who loses! I know Dell's reputation well enough that if he was worried about this matchup he probably wouldnt have invited norfolk to the tournament but he did so I figure he can live with a loss here! This aint the UA vs ASU so lets not try to make it that ok!! All I said was Dell is the better coach and we get this. Yall way too defensive up there!

94hogs

clearly someone isn't from The Mountain Home/Norfork Area or he would clearly know how big this game is! No postseason  implications by any means, but this entire area is exploding with excitement! Little ol 1-A norfork wants to take down 6-A Mtn Home and Mtn Home doesn't wanna lose to the down the road stepsister 1-a school norfork that always bests them in all Academic areas! Cant wait! It will be an amazing atmosphere tonight!!

HorseFeathers

I'd bet it means more to norfork than mountain home?

Moonshiner

Quote from: SackAttack on December 28, 2017, 02:14:51 pm
And already we are starting with the what ifs and spinning it for the what ifs. I expected as much! They aint even put their socks on yet and already we start. For the record I could care less who wins and who loses! I know Dell's reputation well enough that if he was worried about this matchup he probably wouldnt have invited norfolk to the tournament but he did so I figure he can live with a loss here! This aint the UA vs ASU so lets not try to make it that ok!! All I said was Dell is the better coach and we get this. Yall way too defensive up there!

Way to sidestep the question.  Always bragging about your infinite wisdom, but no substance to back it up.  You threw out a volley, I responded, you sidestepped and use  the "you're getting defensive" route.
You're a fan of Dell.  His record speaks for itself.  But your remark was a strike at Layman.  Sounds personal to me.

Majorpain

December 28, 2017, 02:36:44 pm #20 Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 02:41:36 pm by Majorpain
Probably Horsefeathers I'd say it means more to Norfork than Mtn. Home. Either way it's exciting for the towns around here. It may not be exciting to anyone else but nothing the north does is ever exciting to most the state obviously. He may be a young gun but he probably has more sense than sack attack most of the time. Not many people like him as much as he likes himself

94hogs

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 28, 2017, 02:34:10 pm
idk. maybe. but mtn home is letting all student body in free tonight and Im sure a win over norfork wont mean as much as a loss to norfork for the bombers.

Moonshiner

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 28, 2017, 02:34:10 pm

It better mean something to MH.  Losing to the smallest size classification on their home floor wouldn't look too good

94hogs

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 28, 2017, 02:40:09 pm
It better mean something to MH.  Losing to the smallest size classification on their home floor wouldn't look too good
not just any 1-a. Norfork lol.

no mascot

Moonshiner

Winner gets North Little Rock.   Uggghhh

BigLion10

Moonshiner

They could probably beat some small college teams.  I think they are ranked 9th nationally

Bomberman

loce1959

Does anyone know of a live facebook (or other) feed?

SackAttack

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 28, 2017, 03:08:21 pm
They could probably beat some small college teams.  I think they are ranked 9th nationally
Win a big game convincingly and already we are starting on the spin for the next one. Ugh is right!! What was that question again??

GassvilleDragonfly

December 28, 2017, 11:27:45 pm #31 Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:42:29 pm by GassvilleDragonfly
1. Norfork won, which I expected.
2. NLR is as of right now 9-2 I believe, and ranked around 150 nationally, still impressive for Arkansas.
3. 1 good coach > 6 coaches that control every aspect of the players.
4. I moved from MH to Cotter in 4th grade and absolutely detest MH because of how snooty they can be. I can tell you that there were people from a lot of the small schools in the area, and that it meant more for every school in the area not named Mountain Home.
5. I don't see how they can be that way because they are the least proficient academic school in the county from the research I've seen. Maybe it's because they're the only school for 30+ miles that has football, but that's an assumption.

SackAttack

Quote from: GassvilleDragonfly on December 28, 2017, 11:27:45 pm
1. Norfork won, which I expected.
2. NLR is as of right now 9-2 I believe, and ranked around 150 nationally, still impressive for Arkansas.
3. 1 good coach > 6 coaches that control every aspect of the players.
4. I moved from MH to Cotter in 4th grade and absolutely detest MH because of how snooty they can be. I can tell you that there were people from a lot of the small schools in the area, and that it meant more for every school in the area not named Mountain Home.
5. I don't see how they can be that way because they are the least proficient academic school in the county from the research I've seen. Maybe it's because they're the only school for 30+ miles that has football, but that's an assumption.
Where does NLR rank academically I wonder?

no mascot

SackAttack

Quote from: no mascot on December 29, 2017, 09:41:29 am
Ha! That made me lol
Seems to be a huge issue on this thread for some reason!! Just thought id ask so we could use that moving forward

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on December 28, 2017, 11:06:43 pm
Win a big game convincingly and already we are starting on the spin for the next one. Ugh is right!! What was that question again??

For comparison sake...
Nlr is #3 in 7a, #4 in Arkansas, 143 in the nation
Norfork is #1 in 1a , #9 in Arkansas, 395 in the nation
Mountain Home is #4 in 6a, #61 in arknasas, 2794 in the nation.

Moonshiner

Quote from: SackAttack on December 29, 2017, 10:18:11 am
Seems to be a huge issue on this thread for some reason!! Just thought id ask so we could use that moving forward

I kinda thought you were a small school guy.  Always on this board spouting about how intelligent you are and how much basketball knowledge you have.
So I'll ask my question a different way.  How was Norfork able to pull off that win against your buddy at MH with their 6 coaches on the sideline and thousands of more students to pick from?  If MH has such superior coaching, and 6A talent, what happened?  Enlighten us please with your wisdom please.  I'm here to learn.

Bomberman

What is 6a talent? Thousands to pick from? Seriously? Mtn home has 11 kids on the team. Norfork has 10. They both go 8 deep on a normal night. That is what there is to pick from. MH doesn't walk down the hall, lining the kids up saying I pick you. 6a talent? 1a talent? What does that even mean? What we had in this game was only Baxter county talent. We don't live in an area where kids are just transferring in from other places to play B.B. here. Norfork was able to win because they have a dang good team that is very unselfish. The kids at the two schools all drink the same water and eat the same food. It is maybe 15 miles apart. Just because you live in a 6a school district doesn't mean you are 6a talent and because you live in a 1a district doesn't mean you are 1a talent. Leonard has been coaching a long time and is a good coach. Laymon hasn't been around a long time but he is proving that he can coach as well. Norfork the last two seasons has been beating the schools classified larger than them.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bomberman on December 29, 2017, 10:58:47 am
What is 6a talent? Thousands to pick from? Seriously? Mtn home has 11 kids on the team. Norfork has 10. They both go 8 deep on a normal night. That is what there is to pick from. MH doesn't walk down the hall, lining the kids up saying I pick you. 6a talent? 1a talent? What does that even mean? What we had in this game was only Baxter county talent. We don't live in an area where kids are just transferring in from other places to play B.B. here. Norfork was able to win because they have a dang good team that is very unselfish. The kids at the two schools all drink the same water and eat the same food. It is maybe 15 miles apart. Just because you live in a 6a school district doesn't mean you are 6a talent and because you live in a 1a district doesn't mean you are 1a talent. Leonard has been coaching a long time and is a good coach. Laymon hasn't been around a long time but he is proving that he can coach as well. Norfork the last two seasons has been beating the schools classified larger than them.

Sack is using the argument that a school the size of Mountain home should be able to find 5 or 6 girls the caliber of a Marleigh Dodson or an Ivy McGowan just because of the size of the school.

For some reason he has a hard time giving teams credit, because in his mind they don't stack up to the 80's...nevermind they aren't playing anyone from that era..

Bomberman

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 29, 2017, 11:07:20 am
Sack is using the argument that a school the size of Mountain home should be able to find 5 or 6 girls the caliber of a Marleigh Dodson or an Ivy McGowan just because of the size of the school.

For some reason he has a hard time giving teams credit, because in his mind they don't stack up to the 80's...nevermind they aren't playing anyone from that era..
Gotcha, haha.  I wish we had 3 or 4 Ivy Mcgowans and a few Marleigh Dodsons. Heck most everyone in the state probably does. Ivy McGowan is unbelievably talented and really makes that team go.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bomberman on December 29, 2017, 11:18:17 am
Gotcha, haha.  I wish we had 3 or 4 Ivy Mcgowans and a few Marleigh Dodsons. Heck most everyone in the state probably does. Ivy McGowan is unbelievably talented and really makes that team go.

Yes, hoping to get to watch them again next week at NorthArk.... Made the trip up to norfork last year(right at 3 hours) to see what the fuss was about... Then they disappointed me against WV in state tournament ...

Moonshiner

Bomber man are you trying to say that MH has never benefitted from taking in talent from other schools?

Majorpain

December 29, 2017, 11:35:41 am #42 Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 11:51:36 am by Majorpain
I think both teams played well last night. I really think the issue in this thread is Sack can't ever say anything nice about any team it's all about the glory days. It's not the 80's it is 2017. Mtn Home is a good team and has good coaches. Norfork may have a young coach but he is doing a good job. Marliegh and Ivy are both amazing athletes. That team is special at the end of the day any girl out there can shoot the ball . It's just really rare to have so many athletes on one team in 1a. They could lose tonight against NLR and what difference will it make? Oh that's right I'm sure Sack has words of wisdom and intelligence to support why a loss would matter but whatever. 1a was supposedly weak but there are 6 teams in 1 a that are holding their own playing up. Weak weak weak that's all I've heard well whatever they are playing hard and they all are doing fine against the bigger classifications. This year has been fun to watch all of the 1 a in basketball. Tired of the debbie downers be proud of these schools and towns and at the end of the day their academics does matter and idk about other 1 a schools but I know Norfork is slaying academics over every school in Arkansas

Bomberman

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 29, 2017, 11:34:01 am
Bomber man are you trying to say that MH has never benefitted from taking in talent from other schools?
I am sure at some point every school has had a move in. So no, I am not saying they have never had a transfer. 

SackAttack

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 29, 2017, 10:29:16 am
I kinda thought you were a small school guy.  Always on this board spouting about how intelligent you are and how much basketball knowledge you have.
So I'll ask my question a different way.  How was Norfork able to pull off that win against your buddy at MH with their 6 coaches on the sideline and thousands of more students to pick from?  If MH has such superior coaching, and 6A talent, what happened?  Enlighten us please with your wisdom please.  I'm here to learn.
Because basketball especially in girls is just plain bad. Here ,there,everywhere. Large and small. When its bad all over there is no difference between classifications. I merely made a statement/opinion that Dell Leonard was the better coach and I stand by that and no he is not my buddy! I realize you are just playing Dad here and living vicariously through your child and I get that. I post an opinion on an opinion board and instantly yall get your feelers hurt and its instant anger. I would think by now the skin would be a little tougher but I get it when you are posting as a parent. I really do get it!  Part of being good is being able to handle the dissent along with the accolades. You need to get that!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 28, 2017, 03:08:21 pm
Team camp like summer team camp?  Like some kids play patty cake and everyone plays and plays no defense.  I'm sure they are all college players

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on December 29, 2017, 12:05:10 pm
Because basketball especially in girls is just plain bad. Here ,there,everywhere. Large and small. When its bad all over there is no difference between classifications. I merely made a statement/opinion that Dell Leonard was the better coach and I stand by that and no he is not my buddy! I realize you are just playing Dad here and living vicariously through your child and I get that. I post an opinion on an opinion board and instantly yall get your feelers hurt and its instant anger. I would think by now the skin would be a little tougher but I get it when you are posting as a parent. I really do get it!  Part of being good is being able to handle the dissent along with the accolades. You need to get that!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I see a trend here....losing an argument revert to insulting all involved, and saying their teams suck. Sack you're losing relevance

Moonshiner

Quote from: SackAttack on December 29, 2017, 12:05:10 pm

Don't even pretend to know who I am. Not affiliated with them, just know that area well and I'm a big supporter of small schools. I think Norfork is really good, I think Jasper is really good, I think I.C.C. Has a legit shot in boys as well.  I haven seen County Line yet, but hope to.  I've not seen  Wonderview girls yet, but they obviously have a great chance as does Bay.  I'm sure I'm leaving out some really good teams.  I'm just calling you out because you seem to be a know it all and nobody likes a know it all.

Majorpain

I really don't see how he could know much period I highly doubt he makes an attendance to many of the games . He just wants to gripe and try to belittle schools and people and put things about the old sonic flipping meat blah blah bc he's that special 🙄. Peoples feelings aren't hurt with your comments they just laugh bc your opinion is a joke

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 29, 2017, 12:19:45 pm
I see a trend here....losing an argument revert to insulting all involved, and saying their teams suck. Sack you're losing relevance
What argument am I losing?? I state opinions and that is all. My opinions havent changed and all opinions are relevant in this day and age. Relevance like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Ive insulted no one personally but you guys have because you disagree with my stance.  I merely espouse that I know what Im talking about and I state it. Sorry not sorry that some on here take issue with it! Heres the trend--- i state an opinion and it gets under somebody's skin I state said opinion again and they get mad and hurl insults. I havent called anyone any names I haven't used the word suck. I merely said that todays product is not very good compared to the past and that Dell Leonard is one of the best at his craft!  How is that insulting??

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas