• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Simple Fix 1500+

Started by BannerChaser95, December 21, 2017, 09:12:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

December 21, 2017, 09:12:14 pm Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 09:20:18 pm by BannerChaser95
While a few have mentioned it's not the state tournament unless it's at a 1A gym. I have to beg to differ. It's not a state tournament if you can't see it or get a decent seat.  The 1200 requirement isn't enough for our traveling fans. 1A is the only classification with out football so 95% of teams are playing 35-40 games a season by state tournament time. Our fans are invested and deserve a seat! Can anyone recal the last time someone said "Wow their's so much seating in this gym left what a terrible state tournament"? Me either, but I do remember being forced to leave because a 15-20 under .500 team was about to play. Because our fans traveler regardless of how good we are that season.

So my simple fix is this. Bump the min. Seating requirements to 1500, instead of 1200. That alone will find us gyms to hold state in that gives the best classification seats to put our butts in, instead of standing room only.

You don't like 1500? Let's go down to 1400 or 1350. Something slightly larger than the 1200 because I know Bradley's metal chairs along the court side were a joke down in the boondocks. And I don't care if WSGF has the nicest gym in the state of 1A. I don't wanna stand shoulder to shoulder with Jim bob from Little Rock on the top deck because he heard their were some good games in town. 1A gyms just aren't big enough and we travel well enough to fill up a bigger gym.

"Well banner chaser, the environments stink at these bigger gyms"

Easy fix. Put the student sections all the way to baseline, let the kids stand up and cheer for their teams respectfully and get energy in the room.

SAU didn't have student sections and the games there were BLAH.
Calico rock dedicated a full section at the end to students and that gym was ROCKING during the quarter finals and the semis.

I leave you with this, it's a simple fix to bump it up to 1500 instead of 1200. Maybe not as high but still a bump up none the less, our fans driving from Nevada to hill crest, or Wiener driving to Bradley. They all deserve a seat, just MY opinion.

BannerMountainMan

That's it..I've had enuogh..we all picthing in and hotsing Bud Walton

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 21, 2017, 09:40:05 pm
That's it..I've had enuogh..we all picthing in and hotsing Bud Walton
.. or just a gym bigger than icc? Somewhere in the middle.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 21, 2017, 09:49:49 pm
.. or just a gym bigger than icc? Somewhere in the middle.
Barton Collisium

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on December 22, 2017, 09:32:38 am
Barton Collisium

All the players can have a cattle show or something before the game too?

doctor in the house

I agree with BC "fans should have a place to sit during the state tournament and they should be able to stay and watch as many games as they want"..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: doctor in the house on December 22, 2017, 09:46:24 am
I agree with BC "fans should have a place to sit during the state tournament and they should be able to stay and watch as many games as they want"..

Turn War Memorial into a basketball stadium ;)

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 22, 2017, 09:41:15 am
All the players can have a cattle show or something before the game too?
Mount Vernon and Timbo would feel right at home.

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on December 22, 2017, 09:47:21 pm
Mount Vernon and Timbo would feel right at home.
theres a gym at Wrightsville also. Dont know how many it seats though

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas