• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Midland vs. Guy

Started by BasketballNeverStops, December 18, 2017, 10:26:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

So Midland played Guy this past Saturday in the Pangburn Classic and lost in OT 88-73. I recently got a hold of some footage of the Minton kid putting a shot up at the rim during the final play of regulation. The problem is Midland led 70-68 and there was no time left on the clock and the ball was still in his hand point blank. Based on the footage, it looks as if Midland got robbed of what would've been their biggest win of the season. I understand officiating won't be perfect, but this call should have been clear as day.

thebigman3

Really and truly the tension was high and by the looks of it in real time you could've called it either way. Maybe if we had replay would've showed sum different. 😂 But Guy beat them without 4 starters and Minton had 58 points. Pretty impressive.

BasketballNeverStops

I thought #1 was a starter. He played but fouled out I believe.

thebigman3

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on December 18, 2017, 12:22:42 pm
I thought #1 was a starter. He played but fouled out I believe.
He is. but fouled out with only 3 points in the 3rd. Not usually like him, but everyone has off days.

HorseFeathers

Why's a kid fouling out in the 3rd quarter for?

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thebigman3 on December 18, 2017, 11:53:56 am
Really and truly the tension was high and by the looks of it in real time you could've called it either way. Maybe if we had replay would've showed sum different. 😂 But Guy beat them without 4 starters and Minton had 58 points. Pretty impressive.
Wrong call was made?  If there is pictures of it and they missed it that really sucks for Midland.  And really lucky for Guy they already got 1 embarrassing loss to Bay

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on December 18, 2017, 02:37:45 pm
Wrong call was made?  If there is pictures of it and they missed it that really sucks for Midland.  And really lucky for Guy they already got 1 embarrassing loss to Bay
yeah.. without Tharp on Midland Midland isn't a team for sure.

BannerMountainMan

Haha its not the same thing but it reminds me of Guy getting mad when they called a 10 second call on Ealy on the free throw line at the end of the game when he held it 13.5 seconds

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 18, 2017, 04:14:53 pm
Haha its not the same thing but it reminds me of Guy getting mad when they called a 10 second call on Ealy on the free throw line at the end of the game when he held it 13.5 seconds
[/quote I️ honestly didnt even know that's was a rule until it's called.

HorseFeathers

I don't think anyone from guy knew....

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 18, 2017, 08:18:55 pm
I don't think anyone from guy knew....
haha yeah didn't seem that way

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas