• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region/State Bids

Started by HorseFeathers, December 15, 2017, 09:34:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 18, 2017, 11:57:14 am
It's a good location because it's minutes from Kirby... You can admit it, it's okay lol
I can, I'm bias. However it's got some arguing points as well like "centrally locates" coming from the guy who drove to Bradley!

BigLion10

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 18, 2017, 11:57:14 am
It's a good location because it's minutes from Kirby... You can admit it, it's okay lol
Got a love affair with Kirby do we??  ;D

BannerChaser95

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

BannerChaser95

HorseFeathers

BannerMountainMan

More like wildcat..cough..cough

HorseFeathers

doctor in the house

Quote from: Bigleague on December 18, 2017, 08:08:09 am
Yes be cool to host in Conway gym that way those kids from guy can feel right at home.  If you know what I mean.

+1   :)

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on December 18, 2017, 08:08:09 am
Yes be cool to host in Conway gym that way those kids from guy can feel right at home.  If you know what I mean.
I love this!! What a great idea! Fertile ground if you know what I mean

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on December 19, 2017, 09:14:47 am
I love this!! What a great idea! Fertile ground if you know what I mean
Centrally locates makes sense. Hot springs, Little Rock, or Conway. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 19, 2017, 10:52:26 am
Centrally locates makes sense. Hot springs, Little Rock, or Conway. 

Morrilton is more convenient for me and closer to most of 1a

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 19, 2017, 11:35:14 am
Morrilton is more convenient for me and closer to most of 1a
hot springs is more convenient for me, you don't hear me crying about it. Dang Russellville people sure can complain. Oh, excuse me, hector people....😂😂😂

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 19, 2017, 01:10:26 pm
hot springs is more convenient for me, you don't hear me crying about it. Dang Russellville people sure can complain. Oh, excuse me, hector people....😂😂😂

London/Hector more like it....I don't claim Russellville at all

Moonshiner

The Hot Springs area had it last year.  Plus the 6A and finals

SackAttack

Morrilton I think would be a fine choice!! I hear that new gym is nothing short of spectacular! You know with my many connections around the state Ive been doing some checking around!! Heres what I came up with and as always Im getting this from the opinions of other trusted contacts.
Hotels--check
Restaurants--check
Parking---check
Centrally located---check
Morrilton admin---check
Sacred heart admin--check
Wview---admin----not check zero check uncheck

Moonshiner

Quote from: SackAttack on December 19, 2017, 04:52:57 pm
Morrilton I think would be a fine choice!! I hear that new gym is nothing short of spectacular! You know with my many connections around the state Ive been doing some checking around!! Heres what I came up with and as always Im getting this from the opinions of other trusted contacts.
Hotels--check
Restaurants--check
Parking---check
Morrilton admin---check

Sounds like you're either not a fan of Wonderview admin, think they won't help at all, or both?
Isn't Wonderview the school actually bidding, through Morrilton?  Or is an area wide initiative?

NWA Hawg

Quote from: SackAttack on December 19, 2017, 04:52:57 pm
Hotels--check
Restaurants--check
Parking---check
Morrilton admin---check

Does unchecking a zero check non check mean that you actually check it???

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 18, 2017, 11:58:50 am
I can, I'm bias. However it's got some arguing points as well like "centrally locates" coming from the guy who drove to Bradley!

Whether 5 miles or 250 miles away, Kirby fans will make it a home game........

Hef

Quote from: yesteryearman on December 20, 2017, 09:59:11 am
Whether 5 miles or 250 miles away, Kirby fans will make it a home game........

Very true statement. Kirby travels extremely well and always has a great crowd!

BannerChaser95

While Kirby does travel well, The closer the better.

ballmember

ICC hosted a good state tournament and wouldn't be surprised if they didn't apply again.  Have a good team.  Wish Greers Ferry Westside would apply, however don't know if there teams will be in it.   Class A school tournament needs to be played in a Class A School gym.  Best atmosphere.   

thebigman3

Quote from: ballmember on December 20, 2017, 02:41:01 pm
ICC hosted a good state tournament and wouldn't be surprised if they didn't apply again.  Have a good team.  Wish Greers Ferry Westside would apply, however don't know if there teams will be in it.   Class A school tournament needs to be played in a Class A School gym.  Best atmosphere.
Heck no. GFWS I could see. but other than that idk of a class A team that has a nice enough gym or big enough gym.

Majorpain

ICC has no business hosting the state tournament. It was ridiculous the last time they hosted it isn't big enough period. Yes their boys team is great and I wish them the best but it isn't the place for a state tournament.

bscinar

Quote from: Majorpain on December 20, 2017, 06:10:21 pm
ICC has no business hosting the state tournament. It was ridiculous the last time they hosted it isn't big enough period. Yes their boys team is great and I wish them the best but it isn't the place for a state tournament.
+1 agreed -- gym too small and no amenities close enough to matter.  Emerson was just as bad as the closest facilities were in Louisiana.   Nashville was the best tournament I have attended / with Mt Ida a close second, but still limited hotels / restaurants close by...

no mascot

I thought the facilities at icc were fine. There were some huge crowds at that tournament. I'd go as far as to say that the crowds weren't as big at Mt ida last year. Sure seemed that way anyways...

NWA Hawg

Quote from: bscinar on December 21, 2017, 12:10:55 am
+1 agreed -- gym too small and no amenities close enough to matter.  Emerson was just as bad as the closest facilities were in Louisiana.   Nashville was the best tournament I have attended / with Mt Ida a close second, but still limited hotels / restaurants close by...

Emerson never hosted state. It's my opinion that the state tournament should be held at a 1a school as well. So much better atmosphere.

bscinar

Quote from: fann07 on December 21, 2017, 07:52:10 am
Emerson never hosted state. It's my opinion that the state tournament should be held at a 1a school as well. So much better atmosphere.
Correct -- I meant Bradley...

ballmember

Class A basketball is about the game and the atmosphere.  None in these nice new gyms in larger classifications  .   Stay at home if you want your recliner.   Best state tourneys have been at Hillcrest; Calico Rock; ICC and Mt Ida.   Lots of action and noise.  Don't think anyone was turned away or went hungry , they all have concession stands.  You can stay at hotel somewhere going or coming.   Atmosphere is what separates Class a basketball from the other classifications.  Now those in charge want them in different venues.    For the one time a year people to attend and be comfortable.   

BannerChaser95

I remember last year people not getting a seat for games in the quarter finals. County Line fans showed up 45 minutes before their boys played and wanted Kirby fans to leave. So I guess I may be the only one remembering. Sure the environment was great. But you're crazy if you think a gym that seats 1800 can't be just as fun as 1250. I know Nashville gym is bigger than Mt. Idas and the seats were full, fans cheering just as loud and it was rocking in the semis on a Monday in the middle of the day. Why don't you guys care to go to a gym where everyone gets a seat. I'm sorry but I was miserable at Bradley, I was miserable at WSGF, hill crest and Calico did alright, but ICC lay out was designed by a 5th grader for the home section. Im a fan of the bigger venues that don't leave anyone unable to attend like Bradley, or magnolia.

Hot springs, Conway, Morrilton, Searcy, Little Rock with exceptions all have teams with in 20-30 minutes. And all have the Amenities of the larger town. I went to 5A state in summit arena and I've been to most 1A state finals in the summit arena on a Saturday morning when it was only 1A teams and it was double the atmosphere of the 5A state tournament. It's the fans in 1A Not the environment

Backboard Shattered

Best gym in state WSGF best State Tourney!  Sounds like you are just miserable

Majorpain

December 21, 2017, 03:47:03 pm #82 Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 03:56:07 pm by Majorpain
I agree if ICC wants to have it ask to host it at Melbourne. Melbourne gym is super nice. Norfork isn't going to bid for state one it doesn't meet the criteria and two it isn't big enough. I am pretty sure Mountain Home is trying to get state in their own class so I doubt Norfork puts in for trying to get state . I would rather it be somewhere that can hold the people in a bigger school and I agree the venue isn't what makes the state tourney the fans create the atmosphere. People travel five and six hours to watch their teams and people save vacation throughout the year to go to them they should be able to see the game and there were times last year at Mt. Ida it was standing room only .

no mascot

Norfork has held the state tournament before...

Majorpain

I hope it isn't there because I'd actually like to see a game and it won't happen there. It isn't big enough but neither is ICC or Calico . I'm one that doesn't think it needs to be in a 1 a gym. That's my opinion everyone has one.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: no mascot on December 21, 2017, 03:59:49 pm
Norfork has held the state tournament before...

Would guess that norfork doesn't meat seating requirements...

Bradley had to add the metal chairs to do it...and their homeside was a bit bigger than norforks...

Calico rock is closer to state tournament host size than a lot...

BannerChaser95

It shouldn't have to be in a 1A gym, most don't have the money to dish out for a brand new gym. While I agree WSGF May have the nicest 1A gym, it was packed and hard to get a seat in 2010 and they weren't making anyone leave. Prescott was the same way in 07  it was nice gym just too small and Prescott just built a brand new gym that year for 3A. I'm a fan of the idea of it being held through a school at a place like NAC in Harrison, Lake Hamilton's bidding in their new gym for 1A state so I'd love to see it there but of course I'm bias to my 30 minute drive. HorseyFeathers mentioned Morrilton. I like there new gym as well . I don't care who host personally as long as I don't drive 5+ hours to Blytheville and be asked to leave after 1-2 games. I get there early, I wanna watch my games!!!

doctor in the house

North Ark is hosting the National Jr College tournament so they will not be bidding this year..
I heard that Sacred Heart may bid and host at Morrilton. 

BannerChaser95

Quote from: doctor in the house on December 21, 2017, 09:35:37 pm
North Ark is hosting the National Jr College tournament so they will not be bidding this year..
Kirby's bidding at Lake Hamilton

Moonshiner

Quote from: doctor in the house on December 21, 2017, 09:35:37 pm

The National Juco tournament doesn't conflict with the state tournament.  Their reason for not hosting had to do with being ousted from their own gym during post season. Can't really blame them for that.  Although it would've been great for the city of Harrison financially.  And possibly would've helped NorthArk in recruiting.

SackAttack

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 20, 2017, 08:49:25 am
Sounds like you're either not a fan of Wonderview admin, think they won't help at all, or both?
Isn't Wonderview the school actually bidding, through Morrilton?  Or is an area wide initiative?
Dont know em at all but do know a guy who knows a guy that had a little incident earlier over a spilled coke. Went and told the principal and he told the guy to just find another seat that he was too busy holding up the wall and he had a hurt back because his key ring had gotten too heavy. Im just the messenger here but according to the Sacred heart person Morrilton has built a palace. hour and a half from my house so Im pulling for them!

BannerChaser95

Lake Hamilton's official seating is 2200, so it is hard for me to say they shouldn't hold it. But looking at pictures of Morrilton the gym they've built looks to hold quite a bit as well.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on December 22, 2017, 09:55:16 am
Dont know em at all but do know a guy who knows a guy that had a little incident earlier over a spilled coke. Went and told the principal and he told the guy to just find another seat that he was too busy holding up the wall and he had a hurt back because his key ring had gotten too heavy. Im just the messenger here but according to the Sacred heart person Morrilton has built a palace. hour and a half from my house so Im pulling for them!

You sound like the old man I sat by at WV the other night talking about that admininstration.

And looking at pictures...it's not as big as Lake Hamilton, but 45 minutes form my house, and 30 minutes form work would be nice...

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 22, 2017, 11:24:53 am
You sound like the old man I sat by at WV the other night talking about that admininstration.

And looking at pictures...it's not as big as Lake Hamilton, but 45 minutes form my house, and 30 minutes form work would be nice...
Couldnt have been me as I have not been to a game out there this year! Too far a drive. They are probably the only team in the area I have not seen play! Their girls never play anybody much count and I aint going for just the boys games. So its true about their admin then???

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: SackAttack on December 22, 2017, 11:59:27 am
Couldnt have been me as I have not been to a game out there this year! Too far a drive. They are probably the only team in the area I have not seen play! Their girls never play anybody much count and I aint going for just the boys games. So its true about their admin then???
This is the most untrue statement I have read. The girls play a tough schedule every year. This year they have played Norfork , Alma ,Russellville, Morrilton , Vilonia .  My Question is who do you suggest they schedule.

SackAttack

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on December 22, 2017, 02:18:49 pm
This is the most untrue statement I have read. The girls play a tough schedule every year. This year they have played Norfork , Alma ,Russellville, Morrilton , Vilonia .  My Question is who do you suggest they schedule.
Didnt mean to step on the toes. Alma turrible, Russellville turrible, Morrilton turrible, Norolk is pretty good and so is Vilonia pretty good. l
Long story short its girls basketball in Arkansas(yawn)!! Necessary evil for me when I want to watch a game much like a naught to naught soccer game with penalty kicks after 120 minutes. But I didnt mean to offend its just my opinion and it counts just like everyone elses!

Motownsportsfan

Not offended was just curious. I can see knocking coach Simon on some things but I do think he always tries to schedule the best teams he can. Does it every year

no mascot

1st mistake was taking anything sack says as serious.

SackAttack

Quote from: no mascot on December 22, 2017, 03:50:58 pm
1st mistake was taking anything sack says as serious.
Im offended and I was being totally serious about girls basketball in Arkansas and I know a whoooolllle lot more about it than you do kind sir! So yes I am being serious!!

no mascot

Please don't assume my gender. That offends me, if you need me I'll be in my safe space.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas