• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region/State Bids

Started by HorseFeathers, December 15, 2017, 09:34:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonshiner

ballmember

Wish Calico Rock would apply for the state tournament.   Would be great atmosphere.  Sure would be good for Norfork girls.        What is the final date to apply and when will they be announced? late January?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: no mascot on December 22, 2017, 05:40:35 pm
Please don't assume my gender. That offends me, if you need me I'll be in my safe space.

Sir/ma'am unicorns and rainbows aren't allowed on the 1a board

no mascot

My preferred method of gender identification is actually a secret handshake that I made up in the mirror. If you don't know it I'll be offended, and if you do it correctly I'll claim you've sexually harassed me.

20 years from now.

Calico Rock has as good of a facility as you'll find in 1a.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: no mascot on December 22, 2017, 06:59:14 pm
My preferred method of gender identification is actually a secret handshake that I made up in the mirror. If you don't know it I'll be offended, and if you do it correctly I'll claim you've sexually harassed me.

20 years from now.

Calico Rock has as good of a facility as you'll find in 1a.

I feel like this secret handshake may be inappropriate for most viewers

doctor in the house

Quote from: ballmember on December 22, 2017, 06:14:19 pm
Wish Calico Rock would apply for the state tournament.   Would be great atmosphere.  Sure would be good for Norfork girls.        What is the final date to apply and when will they be announced? late January?

The meeting to select the tournament sites is at 2pm, January 11... the bids must be in by the 4th

AuburnTigers98

While the gym at Mt. Ida was nice, most teams had to stay in hotels 30-60 minutes away. We also had to find a place to eat near the hotel before we left for a game and then wait until we returned many hours later. We wanted to watch some of the other games, but the drive back and forth made it unfavorable. I'd like to see the 2018 tournament closer to a town that can accommodate the number of players and parents attending, not to mention regular bball fans.
Just a thought.

SackAttack

Quote from: AuburnTigers98 on December 22, 2017, 09:41:32 pm
While the gym at Mt. Ida was nice, most teams had to stay in hotels 30-60 minutes away. We also had to find a place to eat near the hotel before we left for a game and then wait until we returned many hours later. We wanted to watch some of the other games, but the drive back and forth made it unfavorable. I'd like to see the 2018 tournament closer to a town that can accommodate the number of players and parents attending, not to mention regular bball fans.
Just a thought.
Just do what one semi-local school does every year. Take all your coaches, wives and family, mother and father in laws, all admin and spouses, SRO, parents of players that are staff members,bus driver, janitor, and uniform washer and surely you could work this out. Lots of people wont take this post serious because of my 95% rate of tongue in cheek posts but on this one Im all business. State law.

Moonshiner

Quote from: SackAttack on December 22, 2017, 10:22:32 pm
Just do what one semi-local school does every year. Take all your coaches, wives and family, mother and father in laws, all admin and spouses, SRO, parents of players that are staff members,bus driver, janitor, and uniform washer and surely you could work this out. Lots of people wont take this post serious because of my 95% rate of tongue in cheek posts but on this one Im all business. State law.

Sack, be more specific.  Who are you referring to?   
And....what's wrong with this practice?? More schools should show this kind of support.

SackAttack

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 23, 2017, 12:09:07 am
Sack, be more specific.  Who are you referring to?   
And....what's wrong with this practice?? More schools should show this kind of support.
You are talking about an entourage of 50 or more people here staying all week long in some cases. Im assuming there is still school going on if yall have school up there. Nothing I said had anything to do with not supporting the team and school but it aint a dang week long vacation for the entire staff . Im assuming the coaches are big boys but maybe need that kind of help I dont know! On the school dime no less! And once again dont kill the messenger.
Coaches-----check
Bus Driver---check maybe
Admin---needs to be at school when team isnt playing
Staff that are parents----needs to be at school when team isnt playing
SRO----definately needs to be at school when team isnt playing
Janitor---needs to be at school
Family of the coaches---come on
I mean are some of these even arguable

no mascot

What school are you talking abt? Quit dancing around and leaving us in suspense.

SackAttack

Quote from: no mascot on December 23, 2017, 01:15:35 pm
What school are you talking abt? Quit dancing around and leaving us in suspense.
Why SIR thats against the rules of fair play isnt it?? Ive had too many vacations in the last year anyway!! I dont have a dog in that hunt anyway I was merely making a point and why is it so important to you anyway if it isnt your school?

no mascot

I was trying to give you an opportunity to gain a sliver of credibility. Never mind.

And don't assume my gender! REEEEEE!!

Majorpain

I don't think it's worth the time to argue with Sack because it's usually something pointless anyway. I will take vacation and watch a lot of the games because it is a lot of fun. I do agree that it'd be nice for it to be somewhere that had close places to eat and wasn't an hour drive for the kids to the games. Mt Ida was nice but the trip to Hot Springs got old. As for the team bringing an entourage good for them. If a school wants to bring the whole school that is their business and their money. If they have the means they can do what they want. The kids are very supportive of their teams and it's nice to see that some still have spirit. I've been to several away games this year that the visitor crowd had more people at it than the home crowd. That is sad. I think it's awesome that towns support their teams and so what if the town shuts down for the state tournament clearly it's still there when they get back 🙄

SackAttack

Quote from: no mascot on December 23, 2017, 03:15:56 pm
I was trying to give you an opportunity to gain a sliver of credibility. Never mind.

And don't assume my gender! REEEEEE!!
You guys approval as to my level of credibility on here is not important to me at all. it isnt in my thinking ---Gee I wonder what No Mascot and Major pain will think about me and what I post. When I want to argue a point of emphasis about something basketball related I feel that is relevant then I will post to that effect. And I can assure you Im well versed enough to argue about anything basketball related you want when I feel it necessary. Otherwise I post to argue pointless posts. This pointless thread about where everybody wanted the state tournament to be held to their teams advantage was not one of them. I feel no need to answer any of your pointless questions that would only further your agenda. Its pointless!! No approval needed!!

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on December 23, 2017, 04:37:08 pm
You guys approval as to my level of credibility on here is not important to me at all. it isnt in my thinking ---Gee I wonder what No Mascot and Major pain will think about me and what I post. When I want to argue a point of emphasis about something basketball related I feel that is relevant then I will post to that effect. And I can assure you Im well versed enough to argue about anything basketball related you want when I feel it necessary. Otherwise I post to argue pointless posts. This pointless thread about where everybody wanted the state tournament to be held to their teams advantage was not one of them. I feel no need to answer any of your pointless questions that would only further your agenda. Its pointless!! No approval needed!!
awe.. someone got in their feelings..

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on December 23, 2017, 10:29:50 pm
awe.. someone got in their feelings..
You wish!! My success rate for making my point and articulating said points is quite high thank you very much. Just take a look at my karma ratings. Im quite successful at what I set out to do when I post!! Im very good and I dont mind telling you people how good I am at getting my point across.

no mascot

If the circle knew how often their posts are just skipped over they might get their feelings hurt.

HorseFeathers

Any new rumors...information out there ?

ballmember

Do we know yet who has applied for Class A state as well as other classifications ?

Mr. Basketball

1A State Bids -  Morrilton hosted by Wonderview and Lake Hamilton hosted by Kirby

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Mr. Basketball on January 04, 2018, 07:50:32 pm
1A State Bids -  Morrilton hosted by Wonderview and Lake Hamilton hosted by Kirby
Both centrally located, both with great accommodations. Both would be great in my opinion.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 05, 2018, 12:06:40 pm
Both centrally located, both with great accommodations. Both would be great in my opinion.
Lake Hamilton? Centrally located? Maybe for Kirby people

thebigman3

I would like to see it at Morrilton. But really no matter where it is held mos of yall (including me for sure) will be attending.

BannerChaser95

January 05, 2018, 02:24:58 pm #124 Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 02:31:23 pm by BannerChaser95
Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 05, 2018, 12:48:36 pm
Lake Hamilton? Centrally located? Maybe for Kirby people
Hot springs, Little Rock, Conway and pine bluff are all somewhat centrally places with in the state, you most not get out of Shirley quite enough. But hot springs isn't close to the edge of the state. If it was so bad we should probably boycott the finals being held there. Bradley, armorel, Harrison, aren't exactly central locations. I can draw a circle on the map next time.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 05, 2018, 02:24:58 pm
Hot springs, Little Rock, Conway and pine bluff are all somewhat centrally places with in the state, you most not get out of Shirley quite enough. But hot springs isn't close to the edge of the state. If it was so bad we should probably boycott the finals being held there. Bradley, armorel, Harrison, aren't exactly central locations. I can draw a circle on the map next time.
i guess I'm too used to the relevant teams being North my bad..

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 05, 2018, 02:54:29 pm
i guess I'm too used to the relevant teams being North my bad..
Speaking of relevant teams. I saw Shirley broke into max preps tops 50 this season over break.

Mr. Basketball

1A Regional Bids
1-Alpena
2-Armorel, Bay, Rector
3-Maumelle Charter, GF Westside
4-Acorn, Dierks
5-Hampton

HorseFeathers

Where does maumelle charter play at?

jeremiahjohnson

Central Ark

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 05, 2018, 06:11:08 pm
Where does maumelle charter play at?
They use to play at Maumelle Middle. I can't imagine them having the facilities to host a regional

Central Ark

One thing you can count on is the AAA making rational decisions based on facts and awarding regionals and state to the proper schools.

thebigman3

Quote from: Central Ark on January 05, 2018, 10:33:06 pm
They use to play at Maumelle Middle. I can't imagine them having the facilities to host a regional
Charter has a new gym now and it's pretty nice I may add. The floor looks good, the lights are good. The home side has a lot of seats on it but the visitors side doesn't have as much and they have a section behind one of the goals to sit in.  But hosting a regional... you may could get away with it.

LHHC

Quote from: Mr. Basketball on January 05, 2018, 06:06:28 pm
1A Regional Bids
1-Alpena
2-Armorel, Bay, Rector
3-Maumelle Charter, GF Westside
4-Acorn, Dierks
5-Hampton

Anybody have a link that shows which schools are in which region?

HorseFeathers

January 06, 2018, 09:32:00 am #134 Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 09:42:47 am by HorseFeathers
Quote from: LHHC on January 06, 2018, 09:28:38 am

Anybody have a link that shows which schools are in which region?

Omaha/deer/Jasper/Kingston---region 1
Norfork/ICC/mammoth spring/calico/bay/armorel--region 2
Guy/mve/Wonderview/marvell---region 3
County line/Kirby/Dierks/acorn/scrsnton---rrgion 4
Nevada/Hampton/Bradley/dermott---region 5

Should give you a good idea of who's where....

Mr. Basketball

January 06, 2018, 09:40:50 am #135 Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 09:54:19 am by Mr. Basketball
You can look on AAA website and find who is in each region too

HorseFeathers

Quote from: rebelfan on January 06, 2018, 01:32:17 pm
The AAA may make good decisions on this, but they made a bad one when they have two different conferences playing against each other during the regular season, and when they go to the conference tournament they will play teams in their conference they hadn't played all year. I have not heard of anyone who says they like this. I was told it was to save money because the teams would not have to travel so far. Teams travel all over the state for classics and tournaments and even some go out of state. I can't see were this is saving much money, if any.

Changing next year

BannerChaser95

Via Facebook

1A state BASEBALL will be held at Mountain Home- (Mammoth Springs)

BannerChaser95

Via Facebook

1A state Softball Will also be held in Mountain Home

(Basketball should be next)

J.D.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas