• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mount Ida @ CHG

Started by NWA Hawg, November 24, 2017, 09:39:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hgalum50

Quote from: Hardrock Hornet on November 29, 2017, 12:39:23 pm
Not being cocky!! 😁😁. Confident our boys will show up to play ball.  I am sure Mt Ida will too.  Just my prediction.
You ain't wrong on that! I feel the same as you do, but Mt. Ida is a good team. I expect some respect to be earned!

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 29, 2017, 11:41:00 am
I don't think he is from HG, but I could be wrong. We ain't cocky over here and thats a promise.
Some of us are...not pointing any fingers

Hgalum50

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on November 29, 2017, 12:57:03 pm
Some of us are...not pointing any fingers
I haven't said nothing cocky at all maybe a lil while back, but I haven't since the playoffs started.

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 29, 2017, 01:24:40 pm
I haven't said nothing cocky at all maybe a lil while back, but I haven't since the playoffs started.
I was referring to myself

Hgalum50

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on November 29, 2017, 01:30:16 pm
I was referring to myself
Gotcha Beast lol sometimes I don't get you!

BlueNGold52

Quote from: Hardrock Hornet on November 29, 2017, 11:23:06 am
I love seeing old football warriors from the wonder years get all fired up. Seems to me you're  someone who is used to taking beatings from mt Ida and now your gung hoe about defending them. I'll also bet I can predict your statements following the game.  If CHG wins you'll be hollering about how the refs cost mt Ida the game and if they win you'll be shouting to the mountain tops about how overrated CHG was. I hope both teams show up to play and we see a good game.  I'll say CHG wins by 2 touchdowns.

I'm just curious how if the Lions lose you already know it will be the refs fault? That sounds a little shady!!! IMO  :o  :o  ;D

Sorry couldn't resist😂

OLionSwag74

Real news, Dyer for Ida will not play friday night do to a high ankle sprain. Jackson hurt himself hunting this last weekend but is expected to play. With this news i'll take Ida 42-14.

OLionSwag74

I expect the game to be close in the first half, but I think Mount Ida will end up being to phyisical for HG in the second half.

HG Hornet

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on November 30, 2017, 08:43:25 am
Real news, Dyer for Ida will not play friday night do to a high ankle sprain. Jackson hurt himself hunting this last weekend but is expected to play. With this news i'll take Ida 42-14.
I hate to hear of any kids getting hurt, whether this is true or not.  Ida may beat us, but it won't be 42-14.  Not gonna happen in that fashion.

stuck in between

There is not a kid in the state more physical than Garcia. However, this does not always play into his favor. He has been known to let other teams get into his head and cause bad decisions. This is a great group of kids that I had the privilege of working with early in their football days. I am not a fortune teller, but I had a pretty good idea at that time they would be in the hunt for a state championship. With that being said I have been able to watch both teams in one game each this season and left more impressed with Mount Ida. Just like the other 2-A game it could go either way. If CHG can manage to get up on Ida by a couple of scores I don't know if the Lions are built to play catch up verse a team of their caliber but I think Ida's secure, low risk attack will take advantage of a mistake or two and prevail. Just my opinion. Both it and myself will be 4-1/2 hours to the Northeast on Friday night. Good luck to both teams.

Legacy Lion

Hate to hear that about Dyer.  He is a warrior. Glad to hear that Jackson is OK. Good thing is, this team  is loaded with warriors. If they play their game, they will be hard to stop.  With all due credit to cc, that was not the Lions best game last Friday by any means . That being said, as others have noted, they pulled out the win and are moving on to chg. I'm  sure Coach White has them focused and they will give their best effort. By the way, I like your prediction  but wonder if that is not a tad optimistic. Hope you have a crystal ball. We are the quartz capital after all.

OLionSwag74

I honestly don't think it'll matter either way there's not a team in the state that can stop Your 2017 Heisman winner... Also if I remember correctly the 7-2a west "was the weakest conference in 2a" much will change come next week when Foreman and Ida will go head to head for the "REMATCH AT THE ROCK"

Legacy Lion

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on November 30, 2017, 09:06:14 am
I honestly don't think it'll matter either way there's not a team in the state that can stop Your 2017 Heisman winner... Also if I remember correctly the 7-2a west "was the weakest conference in 2a" much will change come next week when Foreman and Ida will go head to head for the "REMATCH AT THE ROCK"

I like the sound of that. However, one step at a time...........

Hogfish

November 30, 2017, 09:34:37 am #113 Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 09:36:17 am by Hogfish
The "REMATCH IN THE ROCK" is gonna have to be a Nacho eating contest during Halftime of the CHG vs. Earle ....
State Championship Game.

sheepdawg92

Quote from: Hogfish on November 30, 2017, 09:34:37 am
The "REMATCH IN THE ROCK" is gonna have to be a Nacho eating contest during Halftime of the CHG vs. Earle ....
State Championship Game.
I believe CHG going beat Mount Ida now Foreman will destroy Earle. CHG is more better the CC and CC give Mount Ida fix and Mount Ida was at the house now MI will have travel Camden. CHG is tough place to play.

Legacy Lion

Quote from: sheepdawg92 on November 30, 2017, 09:49:55 am
I believe CHG going beat Mount Ida now Foreman will destroy Earle. CHG is more better the CC and CC give Mount Ida fix and Mount Ida was at the house now MI will have travel Camden. CHG is tough place to play.

Mt. Ida is a tough TEAM to play.  All this chatter that we like to toss around on this board will not affect them one bit. Guarantee you they will be ready.  Buckle up.

OLionSwag74

Quote from: sheepdawg92 on November 30, 2017, 09:49:55 am
English?

HG Hornet

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on November 30, 2017, 09:59:06 am
English?
Like Fred G. Sanford once said.........."Once you learn the English good, ain't nobody can change you." 

Hgalum50

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on November 30, 2017, 08:47:01 am
I expect the game to be close in the first half, but I think Mount Ida will end up being to phyisical for HG in the second half.
Obvisously we know you haven't seen HG play!

Hardrock Hornet

You crazy if you think mt Ida will be too physical for CHG. But go ahead and keep telling yourself that!!

BlueNGold52

The physicality of this game shouldn't be questioned by anyone. Both these teams have proven they are physical and wear teams down. This game will be a great one between two excellent teams. Turnovers will come into play in this game the physicality of these teams will affect both teams and whoever withstands the initial onslaught will be in the drivers seat.

Boogey Man

I am just not sure HG can win if they do not score 30+ pts. All of their wins this season came when they scored more than that. Also I do not see Mt. Ida giving that many points up.

Mt. Ida 30
HG 21

TheVoiceOfHGHornets

The thing I love about High School Football is being able to see young athletes progress through the years. I am from Harmony Grove and proud of it. I have watched these young men progress in the last 5 years. Watched them all from when they were in JR High. These young men have impressed me alot and have proven not just to their opponents on a weekly basis but to the entire state that this team is FOR REAL. Being an alum from HG I am so proud of this years team. Over coming struggles early in the season to good 3a teams to rack off 9 straight wins is really impressive. Mount Ida better be ready come Friday night. And just like Dorothy said in the Wizard of OZ, these Lion players will be saying "We aint in Mount Ida any more" Welcome to South Arkansas boys.

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: Boogey Man on November 30, 2017, 01:20:52 pm
I am just not sure HG can win if they do not score 30+ pts. All of their wins this season came when they scored more than that. Also I do not see Mt. Ida giving that many points up.

Mt. Ida 30
HG 21
Oh they won't "give" that many points up...they will be straight up taken from them.
I also find it extremely humorous that your argument for CHG not winning is based on them scoring 30 or more points in all of their wins. Mt. Ida has only won 1 game when they didn't score that same amount (they scored 28 against Jessieville.)

NWA Hawg

Fake News!

Legacy Lion

Quote from: dword on November 30, 2017, 02:09:28 pm
The thing I love about High School Football is being able to see young athletes progress through the years. I am from Harmony Grove and proud of it. I have watched these young men progress in the last 5 years. Watched them all from when they were in JR High. These young men have impressed me alot and have proven not just to their opponents on a weekly basis but to the entire state that this team is FOR REAL. Being an alum from HG I am so proud of this years team. Over coming struggles early in the season to good 3a teams to rack off 9 straight wins is really impressive. Mount Ida better be ready come Friday night. And just like Dorothy said in the Wizard of OZ, these Lion players will be saying "We aint in Mount Ida any more" Welcome to South Arkansas boys.

I think you've got us scared to death.

brotherdew

I love all the back and forth, "My teams better than your team" on here. The truth is if a team has made it this far they should be expected by their fan base to win and make it to the championship.
The hard thing to do is to make objective predictions when all we have seen of the other team is maybe one game in person or a few game films. The truth is I'm pretty sure Mount Ida will win tomorrow night, but I should think that. I'm from Mount Ida.
I have watched this group of boys since they were in junior high and I have been impressed with their progress, poise and success throughout this season like no other.
If the stars align and things don't go their way then so be it, but I will put my faith the the Mount Ida Lions tomorrow night.
I'm sure the Camden Harmony Grove fans will say the same thing about their boys.
I'm just ready to get 'em lined up and get this over with!

bigboy77

Got another week to prepare now

GatorBall

Quote from: bigboy77 on November 30, 2017, 04:11:41 pm
Got another week to prepare now

That's right, you guys are going to have to wait another week now. Surely yall haven't lived under a rock for the last hour....

Hootens, Fearless, Twitter is all blowing up over the news!!

Dapper Dan

Could dyer be back for the game now?

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Dapper Dan on November 30, 2017, 04:23:12 pm
Could dyer be back for the game now?

Yes because he was never out.

RyanLR

Very strange situation...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I believe if I was mount ida and c.h.g., I would have went ahead and played tonight and got it over with.  The weather is perfect, you already practiced all week and everyone was up for the game, how you gotta start all over again

M.I. D

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 01, 2017, 12:29:55 pm
I believe if I was mount ida and c.h.g., I would have went ahead and played tonight and got it over with.  The weather is perfect, you already practiced all week and everyone was up for the game, how you gotta start all over again

I bet if it was up to them they would have played. I believe the AAA told them you have to wait a week.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: M.I. D on December 01, 2017, 12:49:51 pm

I bet if it was up to them they would have played. I believe the AAA told them you have to wait a week.

That's as wrong as Earle playing an ineligible player

HG Hornet

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 01, 2017, 12:29:55 pm
They were told they had to wait until December 8.  My son got the call after school yesterday from his coach at around 4:15 or so.  We were ready, as I'm sure the Lions were, but we do what we're told. 

M.I. D

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 01, 2017, 12:52:48 pm
That's as wrong as Earle playing an ineligible player

They would have a week off either way. Nobody wants that but that's the hand both Mount Ida and CHG are dealt.

hawgball3

Ida is one of the most classy and well coached teams i have ever seen in my life. They obviously work hard and get the job done where it needs to be. Last week against the eagles ida is the role model of high school football. They would knock someone down help them back up and proceed to give it their all the rest of the game. Ida deserves it this is a championship team well coached and good sportsmanship

HG Hornet

Quote from: hawgball3 on December 01, 2017, 01:05:55 pm
Ida is one of the most classy and well coached teams i have ever seen in my life. They obviously work hard and get the job done where it needs to be. Last week against the eagles ida is the role model of high school football. They would knock someone down help them back up and proceed to give it their all the rest of the game. Ida is well coached and good sportsmanship
I would agree with that.  Very sportsmanlike and got down to business last year when we came to play there. 

Legacy Lion

Quote from: CHG Hornet on December 01, 2017, 01:16:37 pm
I would agree with that.  Very sportsmanlike and got down to business last year when we came to play there.

We appreciate that guys! Looking forward to more of the same when we finally get this game on. However this plays out we'll all shake hands and move on when it's over. I'm sure the sentiments are the same coming from the other side.

whoknows

Mt. Ida 36
CHG 35

Halftime

heck of a game

M.I. D

Quote from: whoknows on December 01, 2017, 08:41:09 pm
Mt. Ida 36
CHG 35

Halftime
heck of a game

Both defense coordinators are about to have a heart attack ! Great game so far.

whoknows

CHG returns 2nd half kickoff...

CHG 42
MI 36

3rd

HG Hornet

Quote from: M.I. D on December 01, 2017, 08:42:38 pm

Both defense coordinators are about to have a heart attack ! Great game so far.
Your guys clearly blocked our guys in the back on that 112 yard kick return.  That TD should not have counted!

whoknows

Ida with a 6yd run...2nd and 4 on 32 yd line

whoknows

La grange fumbles and CHG takes it to the house...missed PAT

CHG 48
MI 36

8:36 left in the 3rd

whoknows

CHG with a onside kick! Hornets ball at midfield

whoknows

11 yd pass to the 39 yd line of the lions

whoknows