• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McClellan at Wynne

Started by PA Dad, November 17, 2017, 11:01:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

Finesse will be absent in this game.  Both of these teams run downhill and play smash mouth football.

Both teams have big lines, big backs, and quarterbacks that fit their schemes.

I think this will be a back and forth hard fought game.  The team that plays the best defense wins.  I have no clue which team that will be.

AT

People thought the Alma game would be physical with McClellan.

This may be the most physical 5A matchup ever seen. It could also be the fastest moving 5A game ever. Depends on how often they score on each other.

wynneaholic©

Bet McClellan can almost make it back to LR in time for 10:15 sports lol

The Future

Welp. My way too early 2017 bold pick this past summer was a Central team would not win the championship.
If PA and Wynne advance then I still have a chance.
If PA and McClellan advance I'm done for.

walkingguy72396

Looks like a 3 seed is going to the rock.

AT

How many Wynne fans thought they'd be hosting a playoff game after getting the 3 seed?

chaingang

Quote from: PA Dad on November 17, 2017, 11:01:15 pm
Finesse will be absent in this game.  Both of these teams run downhill and play smash mouth football.

Both teams have big lines, big backs, and quarterbacks that fit their schemes.

I think this will be a back and forth hard fought game.  The team that plays the best defense wins.  I have no clue which team that will be.
.  Dad....please for me...pick McClellan to win...please !!!!!!

PA Dad

Quote from: chaingang on November 17, 2017, 11:22:45 pm
.  Dad....please for me...pick McClellan to win...please !!!!!!

I may have helped you as much as I'm going to.  Maynard and I have great power to determine the outcome of the game!

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 17, 2017, 11:19:03 pm
How many Wynne fans thought they'd be hosting a playoff game after getting the 3 seed?

And the East is hosting both semi-final games.  I didn't see that coming.

chaingang

Quote from: PA Dad on November 17, 2017, 11:40:15 pm
And Channel 7 was here in Wynne tonight....they usually don't come this far East......so they may come back...... I haven't seen that ever. They treat us like , well I guess we are .....Wynne, Tennessee. Very little coverage, but we will take what we get and be happy.

chaingang

I thought it would be Wynne and Batesville.

JacketFan

Nor did I, but I will take it.  Can't wait till next week, we got turkey day, and playoff football at home, don't get much better, so play hard, and bring the fight.  Go Jackets

oldjacketman

Wynne wins a close one to set up the rematch. That's where the ride ends though. PA wins going away in championship game. No reason for shame for Wynne, just don't have the advantages or ability to cherry pick kids like that private school beast in the central.

Overdahill

Quote from: The Future on November 17, 2017, 11:12:04 pm
Welp. My way too early 2017 bold pick this past summer was a Central team would not win the championship.
If PA and Wynne advance then I still have a chance.
If PA and McClellan advance I'm done for.

Sorry, but you're done for !  ;D

incogneto

Quote from: oldjacketman on November 18, 2017, 06:36:25 pm
Wynne wins a close one to set up the rematch. That's where the ride ends though. PA wins going away in championship game. No reason for shame for Wynne, just don't have the advantages or ability to cherry pick kids like that private school beast in the central.

If Wynne matches possessions they could beat PA.  McClellan and that DL could keep them from getting there. 

PA Bruin Fan

PA would/will curb stomp Wynn.  No reason to think this year is any different. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 18, 2017, 08:05:36 pm
PA would/will curb stomp Wynn.  No reason to think this year is any different.

Other than the fact that it's not last year and Wynne has a whole new staff? Not saying you're wrong.about PA beating them, but just saying there are reasons. Wynne might not even be there though

JessieP

This should be a classic game. LRM is physical but Wynne is every bit as. Hicks is by far the best offensive player on the field.  Interior line play will be key in this game, 2 big teams that like to hit. Maybe I'm old fashioned but this is the kind of football I love. No triple reverse flea flicker video game football, just line up and hit. It's a heavyweight fight. In my opinion the game will be won by Wynne's QB, LRM reacts and overreacts. The kid is a master of pulling the ball back in and going. I think LRM will be so amped up to stop Hicks that they will bite one too many times, as their high-fiving each other for sticking Hicks #3 will be down the sideline. I'm picking Wynne in a close one.

j-mann raider 02

i like wynne  here   but beating BatesVille @ Bates  gives me pause   i say wynne 24-21

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 18, 2017, 08:12:16 pm
This should be a classic game. LRM is physical but Wynne is every bit as. Hicks is by far the best offensive player on the field.  Interior line play will be key in this game, 2 big teams that like to hit. Maybe I'm old fashioned but this is the kind of football I love. No triple reverse flea flicker video game football, just line up and hit. It's a heavyweight fight. In my opinion the game will be won by Wynne's QB, LRM reacts and overreacts. The kid is a master of pulling the ball back in and going. I think LRM will be so amped up to stop Hicks that they will bite one too many times, as their high-fiving each other for sticking Hicks #3 will be down the sideline. I'm picking Wynne in a close one.

I agree that this is going to be an old fashioned smash mouth game.  I also agree that Hicks is one heck of a player.

But I'm hesitant to pick a winner because McClellan has proved me wrong too many times.

I think it's a toss up.  I'll be very surprised if either team wins by more than 10 unless one team turns it over a number of times.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on November 18, 2017, 08:51:46 pm
I agree that this is going to be an old fashioned smash mouth game.  I also agree that Hicks is one heck of a player.

But I'm hesitant to pick a winner because McClellan has proved me wrong too many times.

I think it's a toss up.  I'll be very surprised if either team wins by more than 10 unless one team turns it over a number of times.

I agree with that. It could very well come down to a last possession type game.

AT

November 18, 2017, 09:01:56 pm #21 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:08:01 pm by Almatrackster
You can tire out the McClellan defense. I think Wynne has the hosses to stop McClellan and also the offense to lean on them after awhile. That being said, Alma scored on them with a different type of offense, so perhaps we just found the weakness of that defense.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2017, 08:11:17 pm
Other than the fact that it's not last year and Wynne has a whole new staff? Not saying you're wrong.about PA beating them, but just saying there are reasons. Wynne might not even be there though

PA has to get by Nettleton before we worry about Wynne or McClellan.  I ain't got that game in the win column yet.

If PA does  meet Wynne in the final, I think this may be Wynne's best chance to beat PA.  PA does not do well against physical teams that play smart and disciplined.  Wynne is always physical, but they have not always played smart and disciplined.    This team seems different to me from past teams.  I think they play smart with fewer mistakes than past teams.

The only anomaly is the loss to Batesville.  I just chalk that up to the rivalry.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2017, 08:11:17 pm

Teams generally struggle in the first year with all new staff, not improve. 

MDXPHD

Wynne has improved. That's what is so impressive. I agree though. It's crazy the amount of success Wynne has achieved this year with a new staff. I hope Wynne or LRM can beat PA, but it's very unlikely this season.

MDXPHD

I think both teams will have the ball just a couple of times each half. Long, sustained drives for both. Might be a 21-22 type game.

STBruin

November 19, 2017, 10:00:06 pm #26 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:02:28 pm by STBruin
Quote from: PA Dad on November 18, 2017, 09:06:05 pm
PA has to get by Nettleton before we worry about Wynne or McClellan.  I ain't got that game in the win column yet.

If PA does  meet Wynne in the final, I think this may be Wynne's best chance to beat PA.  PA does not do well against physical teams that play smart and disciplined.  Wynne is always physical, but they have not always played smart and disciplined.    This team seems different to me from past teams.  I think they play smart with fewer mistakes than past teams.

The only anomaly is the loss to Batesville.  I just chalk that up to the rivalry.

Almost every team PA plays against is more physical, and tend to be a lot bigger than PA. But with that being said think PA is 39-1. East beat us...and I have seen some people say on here they blew PA out...That is not the case...PA lost by 14...and East stopped PA twice on goal line stands, that had more to do with play calling than being man handled.

Now to get back on track and talk about this game...not what MIGHT happen next week or next week. This might be the most physical game seen in the 5A, and will also probably be the shortest game of the year...both teams play smash mouth football...and as a coach, the winning team hopes to get out with no injuries!!! Should be a very intense game!

oldjacketman

November 20, 2017, 08:09:56 am #27 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:11:53 am by oldjacketman
Do I always have to be the one to be the voice of truth on here....Wynne is better than last year? No. That simply isn't the case. Defensively are they better? Quite possibly. But let's look at numbers. Last year's wynne team was the number one ranked scoring defense in state. So is this year's. Difference this year is guys like Jessup, Daniels, Watson, and hicks are all a year older. That's a big deal in high school ball and those guys are freaking studs! Plus they became more athletic at the corner position which has led to less one on one losses on the edges. Last year's team gave up 40 to chapel in semis primarily against the pass. This year's gave up 40 against Christian primarily against the pass. Neither defense could be ran on. This year's team hasn't played PA yet!! Hopefully they won't have to overcome 10 turnovers. I don't care who u are, turn it over 10 times vs PA and they're scoring 60. Guaranteed. Offensively, not close. Last year's team was better, hands down. This year's team is dang lucky that it's defense has scored points. Literally won 3 close games solely because the defense scored. Had they not, wynne loses. Coaching staff, not close. All that being said, I'll take wynne this week. Those kids are winners. That senior class is full of winners. But no one is beating this PA team. Wynne might very well keep it close, especially if their offense can play like they did against Christian. If the offense plays like they did against morrilton, they're in trouble. If they turn it over 10 times...60!

Rick Swines

November 20, 2017, 08:37:32 am #28 Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:27:46 am by Rick Swines
Nm

HogWild25

Quote from: oldjacketman on November 20, 2017, 08:09:56 am
Do I always have to be the one to be the voice of truth on here....Wynne is better than last year? No. That simply isn't the case. Defensively are they better? Quite possibly. But let's look at numbers. Last year's wynne team was the number one ranked scoring defense in state. So is this year's. Difference this year is guys like Jessup, Daniels, Watson, and hicks are all a year older. That's a big deal in high school ball and those guys are freaking studs! Plus they became more athletic at the corner position which has led to less one on one losses on the edges. Last year's team gave up 40 to chapel in semis primarily against the pass. This year's gave up 40 against Christian primarily against the pass. Neither defense could be ran on. This year's team hasn't played PA yet!! Hopefully they won't have to overcome 10 turnovers. I don't care who u are, turn it over 10 times vs PA and they're scoring 60. Guaranteed. Offensively, not close. Last year's team was better, hands down. This year's team is dang lucky that it's defense has scored points. Literally won 3 close games solely because the defense scored. Had they not, wynne loses. Coaching staff, not close. All that being said, I'll take wynne this week. Those kids are winners. That senior class is full of winners. But no one is beating this PA team. Wynne might very well keep it close, especially if their offense can play like they did against Christian. If the offense plays like they did against morrilton, they're in trouble. If they turn it over 10 times...60!
Makes sense to bash the new coaching staff if you were on the previous coaching staff and got let go....We get it "oldman", face it this new staff has done a great job coming in year one, and very well might be playing for a state title their first year at Wynne.

oldjacketman

Bashing the new staff? Who's bashing them? Those guys have done a great job especially considering the amount of turnover from a year ago. Saying the previous staff was better is an opinion as by no means bashing. Previous staff was great and many went on the bigger and better things. And no I wasn't on previous staff. I respect coaches but I couldn't be one, that's for sure!

redsport27

I feel like McClellan wants a rematch. It will be a close contest from start to finish.

McClellan 31, Wynne 27

STBruin

Quote from: redsport27 on November 20, 2017, 11:52:48 am
I feel like McClellan wants a rematch. It will be a close contest from start to finish.

McClellan 31, Wynne 27

31 would mean McClellan kicked a field goal....NEVER going to happen....28-27 is more like it.

Idindonuffin

November 20, 2017, 02:20:12 pm #33 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 02:31:48 pm by IMSwarmed
Quote from: oldjacketman on November 20, 2017, 10:28:39 am
Bashing the new staff? Who's bashing them? Those guys have done a great job especially considering the amount of turnover from a year ago. Saying the previous staff was better is an opinion as by no means bashing. Previous staff was great and many went on the bigger and better things. And no I wasn't on previous staff. I respect coaches but I couldn't be one, that's for sure!

Gimme a break. It's backhanded bashing. Been sneaking digs in all year. Criticizing coaches when you admit you couldn't be one is like telling parents how to raise their kids when you don't have any. Leave the coaching to the people who are with the players every day.

oldjacketman

Again, no criticism. Don't be so salty. Just giving an assessment.

JacketDad

Three turnovers in barely a quarter of play.  Wynne better clean this up.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JacketDad on November 24, 2017, 07:41:46 pm
Three turnovers in barely a quarter of play.  Wynne better clean this up.

And still only down by 2 because of a safety.

kwwolves2012

One team wants to win this game and one team is sleep walking; y'all can guess which is which.

MDXPHD

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on November 24, 2017, 08:02:05 pm
One team wants to win this game and one team is sleep walking; y'all can guess which is which.

Jimmy is glad it's his team who wants to win!

JacketDad

We definitely need some halftime adjustments.  We don't look like we are interested in winning tonight. Hopefully no turnovers in the second half.

Jimmy1995

kwwolves2012

Threw a 40yd bomb on 4th and 8..

kwwolves2012

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on November 24, 2017, 09:24:34 pm
Threw a 40yd bomb on 4th and 8.. that being said, good job, McClellan. You earned this one.

FridayNightFans

Congrats to the 5A Central - PA and McClellan both with impressive road wins tonight.

Especially McClellan, got past some home cooking by the home refs and beat Wynne at their own game.  Third different Central team to end Wynne's season in the last three years.  Maybe it will be Parkview's turn next year, they are up and coming.

JessieP

Was it me or did Wynne look like they had given up after halftime? I have never seen a Wynne team with less enthusiasm. Taking nothing away from LRM, they are a great team, but Wynne looked disinterested, no fight. That was not the same Wynne team that sissy slapped LRCA.

JacketFan

Quote from: JessieP on November 24, 2017, 09:31:35 pm
Was it me or did Wynne look like they had given up after halftime? I have never seen a Wynne team with less enthusiasm. Taking nothing away from LRM, they are a great team, but Wynne looked disinterested, no fight. That was not the same Wynne team that sissy slapped LRCA.
My thoughts exactly, Wynne absolutely handed that game to LRMC.

DevilDawg64

Just like the way we handed y'all the game last week.

JacketFan

Did you mean to say the way Wynne handled the devil dogs, lol  ;D ;D ;D

DevilDawg64

Y'all were still clearly hungover from last week.

Observer35

Friday what game was you watching or do you not know the game of football or are you like most everybody else and think that your team does nothing wrong the only thing LRM has to overcome was their own mistakes

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas