• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon Basketball 2017

Started by Cheek, September 14, 2017, 10:55:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheek

I think they will win conference and compete for a State Title.   (Now,  I hope this pulls some of them off the football thread.)

Bildo

MomaLion

Not really called for Cheek...it's not like they we hijacked an England thread.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on September 15, 2017, 12:38:04 am
Not really called for Cheek...it's not like they we hijacked an England thread.

I do really believe this, but just don't want to talk about it on the football thread.

NEark tigers

Cheek, the ONLY way Clarendon win it all if the following happens:

1.   Earle moves back up to 3A (won two state titles, 2010 and 2012)

2.   Earle doesn't field a basketball team this year.

FoxandHound34

Heard Earle was skipping basketball and going straight to baseball

Ctucker

They would not win it even if Earle wasn't playing!

BigLion10

Cheek

Ctucker

You might get a surprise this year. We will be a lot better this than last!

Ctucker

We will still play great defense and we will be a lot better on offense!

MomaLion

I don't see how anyone can claim a title at this point. I know that my Lions will be competitive but there are far too many variables.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on September 16, 2017, 03:07:08 pm
I don't see how anyone can claim a title at this point. I know that my Lions will be competitive but there are far too many variables.

With what they have returning,  they should be a factor.  I expect they will win conference since England lost their big class,  Marvell list a lot of Sr's and Lighthouse's best two players have transferred.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on September 16, 2017, 07:22:19 pm

With what they have returning,  they should be a factor.  I expect they will win conference since England lost their big class,  Marvell list a lot of Sr's and Lighthouse's best two players have transferred.
Yes, conference is definitely in our sights and a good showing at regionals with a run at state...I just won't say we are a title contender just yet...too many variables including any football injuries that may impact our season such as losing Cedric did last year. We have one player out the rest of football season with an injury that needs to be full strength by basketball season as he is looking for scholarships.

BBall247

September 18, 2017, 09:12:39 am #14 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:17:06 am by BBall247
Marvell and England aren't if the same senior district as Clarendon. They are in the same blended conference which the only games that make a difference are the junior high games. The senior high games between those school are basically non-conference games that don't even count for district tournament seeding at all.  And Marvell is 1A in basketball, so they won't even be in the same state tournament at Clarendon or England. Also only one of the really good basketball players from Jacksonville Lighthouse has transferred to NLR. 

MomaLion

Quote from: BBall247 on September 18, 2017, 09:12:39 am
Marvell and England aren't if the same senior district as Clarendon. They are in the same blended conference which the only games that make a difference are the junior high games. The senior high games between those school are basically non-conference games that don't even count for district tournament seeding at all.  And Marvell is 1A in basketball, so they won't even be in the same state tournament at Clarendon or England. Also only one of the really good basketball players from Jacksonville Lighthouse has transferred to NLR.
Yes, i'm aware of the blended conferences as it was the same last season.  Lighthouse won't be the same without Doakes...still good, but not great, as they would be with him.

FoxandHound34

How'd the voting for the gym today go momma saw on Twitter where they voted

MomaLion

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 19, 2017, 07:19:27 pm
How'd the voting for the gym today go momma saw on Twitter where they voted
It passed! They are tearing down a couple buildings immediately to begin construction.

BigLion10

Wow Congrats Momma on the new gym

MomaLion

Thank you,  it's been a long time coming. The way its being built will benefit footfall games as well.
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/clarendon-millage-vote-could-help-revive-town/813857760

Bildo

I hear the Lady Lions lost a player to Helena... what will that do to their team?

MomaLion

Quote from: Bildo on September 21, 2017, 01:25:01 pm
I hear the Lady Lions lost a player to Helena... what will that do to their team?
Yes...it will hurt but they have been working hard all summer getting in extra camps.

BasketballFan2A

WCC big man is no good, to clumsy

Ctucker

Quote from: BasketballFan2A on September 28, 2017, 10:05:47 am
[/quote  who are you talking about our big guy plays guard?The big guy we had last year wasn't clumsy either pretty dang athletic. Either your blind or you have no ideal what your talking about!

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: Ctucker on September 29, 2017, 09:33:37 pm
Quote from: BasketballFan2A on September 28, 2017, 10:05:47 am
[/quote  who are you talking about our big guy plays guard?The big guy we had last year wasn't clumsy either pretty dang athletic. Either your blind or you have no ideal what your talking about!
Whatever, ill let you think that..

Ctucker

I don't have to think anything! I can see!

Lions84

I am looking forward to seeing the new GYM . Got tons of great memories in that old one.

da greatest bigbaby

The lions whip'd Augusta lastnite 69-42 only 1 day of practice  wow  go lions

Lions84

Ladies and the rest lost I believe. 

da greatest bigbaby

The jr girls an sr boys won the jr boys an sr girls loss

MomaLion

Jr boys lost but will be fine...Sr girls had already lost their best player to a move and Tues lost one of the best to injury...it could be a very long season for them unless they can figure things out and play as a team.

da greatest bigbaby

Yeah jtia thomas transfer'd to 4a west Helena she is gonna have her hands full with star city for their conference championship an maybe someone on our Sr girls team can step up

Bigred18

Quote from: MomaLion on November 16, 2017, 01:59:37 am
Jr boys lost but will be fine...Sr girls had already lost their best player to a move and Tues lost one of the best to injury...it could be a very long season for them unless they can figure things out and play as a team.
How did Augusta look last night? Because from someone above I remember them supposed to be losing by at least 40, but I assume whoever that is isn't a player for Clarendon. Btw good win

MomaLion

Quote from: Bigred18 on November 16, 2017, 05:42:04 pm
How did Augusta look last night? Because from someone above I remember them supposed to be losing by at least 40, but I assume whoever that is isn't a player for Clarendon. Btw good win
They looked pretty good, came out strong but tired out.  It could have been 40 if coach had let them.  We played all 3 strings.  They'll do well this season.  Y'alls Sr girls are much improved with better numbers as well. Jr Boys are looking good.

da greatest bigbaby

Well maybe next time we will whip you guys by 40 bigred play'd foreman Friday football an monday got our basketball uniforms an did a roster check an whip'd you guys Tuesday by 27 gees lol I'm bigbaby

Bigred18

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on November 17, 2017, 06:39:26 am
Well maybe next time we will whip you guys by 40 bigred play'd foreman Friday football an monday got our basketball uniforms an did a roster check an whip'd you guys Tuesday by 27 gees lol I'm bigbaby
I'm aware who you are and winning by 40 wouldn't impress me. I would like to see Clarendon beat some competitive teams tho they are one of the best in the conference I would like to see somebody from this side win something this year.

da greatest bigbaby

November 17, 2017, 02:55:31 pm #36 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:58:48 pm by da greatest bigbaby
But you said we didn't whip you guys by 40 pts bigred soo assuming that is a concern for you guys an it would be impressive since you guys didn't  have a football team this year an we whip'd you guys last year in football also lol now as far as winning the whole thang were gonna try  very hard again this year  an apparently your not paying attention we were in the championship game just 3 years ago an play'd  some good 6a an 5a teams also   not make'n up excuses for not winning it all  but 15 of our 21 football players play hoops an we just  ran outta gas on cms last year got a lil more depth this year bring on Earle lol 

Bildo

Not really a good excuse.... everyone had kids playing football.

Bigred18

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on November 17, 2017, 02:55:31 pm
But you said we didn't whip you guys by 40 pts bigred soo assuming that is a concern for you guys an it would be impressive since you guys didn't  have a football team this year an we whip'd you guys last year in football also lol now as far as winning the whole thang were gonna try  very hard again this year  an apparently your not paying attention we were in the championship game just 3 years ago an play'd  some good 6a an 5a teams also   not make'n up excuses for not winning it all  but 15 of our 21 football players play hoops an we just  ran outta gas on cms last year got a lil more depth this year bring on Earle lol

But that was 3 years ago 😂 and I meant nothing bad by that to Clarendon but you sure speak alot

MomaLion

The guys are looking really good already so hopefully we make a good run. We beat Kipp by about 30 tonight playing 2nd and 3rd string most of the 2nd half and 2nd played a lot in the 1 st half as well.

da greatest bigbaby

The lions whip'd Marianna tonight by 42  68- 26 wow  go lions

hornetfan8

Can one of y'all please explain the conference thing

Bildo

There is a "Blended" conference that combines some 1A with 2A teams that the AAA (in their infinite wisdom) decided to use to reduce travel. This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your conference (district) tournament that will decide your seeding in the Regional Tournament. The conference tournament will consist of the same teams you're accustomed to with the addition of Earle and Cross Co.

hornetfan8

Quote from: Bildo on November 26, 2017, 06:53:01 pm
There is a "Blended" conference that combines some 1A with 2A teams that the AAA (in their infinite wisdom) decided to use to reduce travel. This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your conference (district) tournament that will decide your seeding in the Regional Tournament. The conference tournament will consist of the same teams you're accustomed to with the addition of Earle and Cross Co.
That is confusing.

Bildo

The good news is... this is the last year for it

da greatest bigbaby

The lions whip'd augusta 68-53  go lions

da greatest bigbaby

December 06, 2017, 01:48:22 pm #46 Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:50:07 pm by da greatest bigbaby
The  lions whip'd lisa academy/nlr  76-38 wow go lions 5-1

Ctucker

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on December 06, 2017, 01:48:22 pm
The  lions whip'd lisa academy/nlr  76-38 wow go lions 5-1
they are terrible we beat them 71-29.

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: Ctucker on December 06, 2017, 02:31:04 pm
they are terrible we beat them 71-29.
Tucker do you want a trophy? Dang just for a Minute stop downing teams. Y'all both beat them bad. Good game da greatest bigbaby

Ctucker

Quote from: BasketballFan2A on December 06, 2017, 05:21:46 pm
Tucker do you want a trophy? Dang just for a Minute stop downing teams. Y'all both beat them bad. Good game da greatest bigbaby
wouldnt downing Clarendon their good!But fact is Lisa is not very good!no I don't want a trophy and I will go ahead and say Blevins is awsome so you can get your pantys out of a wad!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas