• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6a Playoff Predictions

Started by Lets Go 5, April 04, 2017, 03:22:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Thanks Papntherdad - any word on times and dates for these games?

6aSoccer

For 6a east, I'm hearing, unless it's changed, that Mountain Home v West Memphis is Saturday afternoon/night depending on weather, Hall v. Pine Bluff is the same.

I'm hearing the Jonesboro v Jacksonville and the Searcy v. Marion games are Friday night. I"m assuming the first 2 are holding out hoping the weather does right and the last two are trying to get it in before the weather hits.

Mountain Home can't attempt a move to Friday due to West Memphis having prom Friday night though is one thing I've been told, but can't confirm if that's the real reason behind it not being attempted Friday.

Soccer11

Hall vs Pine bluff
Saturday 11am

pantherdad

I hear our first round (6A West) will be Monday, girls at 5:00, boys games at 6:30 or 7:00
Second round I'm hearing Wednesday?

ricepig

Jonesboro 9
Jacksonville 0

Final

Soccer11

Update of Jonesboro girls Vs hall?

Buck183

ricepig

Buck183

Quote from: pantherdad on April 28, 2017, 08:16:04 am
I hear our first round (6A West) will be Monday, girls at 5:00, boys games at 6:30 or 7:00
Second round I'm hearing Wednesday?

Correct, second round is Wednesday the 3rd.  The final round is still slated for the original date on Saturday the 6th. 

pantherdad

What are the chances of the AAA changing the conferences next season? Our 5A/6A Region 5 was not good. Can we not move to something similar to the 7A conference, i.e. playing a round robin 6A west schedule during the season?

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: pantherdad on May 01, 2017, 09:31:42 am
What are the chances of the AAA changing the conferences next season? Our 5A/6A Region 5 was not good. Can we not move to something similar to the 7A conference, i.e. playing a round robin 6A west schedule during the season?

I believe they'll change it for the next cycle but this whole plan should carry through the next season.

ricepig

Slim and none, the idea of the mixed  conferences was to keep from driving from El Dorado to Siloam Springs for a softball/soccer/baseball game on Tuesday night, and to Texarkana on Friday night, or Thursday if it looked like bad weather on Friday.

Soccer11

Boys
Hall @ Jonesboro
Tuesday
This game is going to be good

Buck183

None.  Anytime they change a conference up it's a two year deal.  Given this is the first year of this alignment we have one more year before any chance of changing it.  That's IF they choose to do so. 

6aSoccer

Quote from: Soccer11 on May 01, 2017, 10:06:47 am
Boys
Hall @ Jonesboro
Tuesday
This game is going to be good

It may be or it could be a boring game. Jonesboro has the weapons to score, but they have to be able to get the ball first. Hall has the ability to possess the ball and keep it away from Jonesboro limiting the opportunities for Jonesboro to make runs to score. If Jonesboro can equal Hall's possession they have a chance. If Hall can possess and move the ball quickly on the ground it's in Hall's favor.

Hall has a few of their own boys who can make chances and create opportunities to score a number of goals and the defense has shown to be able to shut teams down offensively This game is going to be tight either way. I feel both teams defenses will show up and it'll be a tight game with the winner being the one who can maintain the most possession. In this case, advantage Hall. I'm curious if the Travel though may give Jonesboro a slight bump. I for one will be curious how this one ends out, and also on the other side of seeing what Searcy can do to Mountain Home. Can Searcy pull off the upset over the undefeated Bombers? I doubt it, but they did beat Marion 4-0 the other day so they have some momentum.

Colt

Girls
Mtn Home 12
Jacksonville 0

6aSoccer

MH boys 1-0 over west memphis

Soccer11

Boys
Hall 1(4)
JONESBORO1(3)

Colt

Girls
Mtn Home 5
Jonesboro 0

Soccer11

Any update of mountain home vs searcy?

SoccerBalls

Quote from: 6aSoccer on May 01, 2017, 07:50:22 pm
MH boys 1-0 over west memphis

Is this score correct? Any comments?

Colt

Colt

Quote from: SoccerBalls on May 02, 2017, 08:27:38 pm
Is this score correct? Any comments?

Was 1-0 with 32:00 left in first half Saturday when weather postponed. West Memphis did not make return trip and forfeited rest of game.

Buck183

Quote from: Colt on May 02, 2017, 08:56:50 pm
Was 1-0 with 32:00 left in first half Saturday when weather postponed. West Memphis did not make return trip and forfeited rest of game.

Wow!

Buck183

Quote from: Colt on May 02, 2017, 08:56:50 pm

Assuming this was the first round of the tournament and each team has to lose twice to be eliminated, does West Memphis show up for the second round or take a forfeit there too?  I realize you are just a messenger and likely don't know.  Just something that stood out to me. 

Seems unfortunate for the team after having worked an entire season to get to this point. 

jimmyt

Any insight to the hall/Jonesboro game? We all knew it would be a good one.

Colt

Quote from: Buck183 on May 03, 2017, 12:16:23 pm
Assuming this was the first round of the tournament and each team has to lose twice to be eliminated, does West Memphis show up for the second round or take a forfeit there too?  I realize you are just a messenger and likely don't know.  Just something that stood out to me. 

Seems unfortunate for the team after having worked an entire season to get to this point. 

Assume they got to play. Someone said they played at Marion yesterday and lost. Only thing I can gather is since they attempted to play the game officially ended 1-0 @ Mtn Home and game was called if both coaches agreed.

Buck183

Quote from: Colt on May 03, 2017, 01:45:32 pm
Assume they got to play. Someone said they played at Marion yesterday and lost. Only thing I can gather is since they attempted to play the game officially ended 1-0 @ Mtn Home and game was called if both coaches agreed.

Thank you.

6aSoccer

Quote from: jimmyt on May 03, 2017, 12:31:40 pm
Any insight to the hall/Jonesboro game? We all knew it would be a good one.

The Jonesboro Sun had a really detailed write up on it.

Physical... Jonesboro possessed and controlled the first half with a goal coming off of a corner, had a few injuries to starters during the second half and their backups couldn't match intensity. 10 minutes to go Hall scores off a corner. Hall had a lot of shots the second half, but really only 1 that was a legit chance outside of the corner. The goalie made a crazy save.

Went to shootout and Jonesboro's keeper saved the first, Hall missed their second, and then made their next 4. Jonesboro made their first 3, then then Hall's keeper saved the next 3. It was a back and forth game from start to finish, but it's a potential match up that could be seen again in state depending on seeding.

Mountain Home dominated Searcy 6-1. Mountain Home remains undefeated and Hall will have to make the long trek up there this weekend. Searcy visits Jonesboro to play their 4th encounter this year. They'll be tired of seeing each other after this year.

As it stands now, Mountain Home is the team to beat. They play a strong defense with counter attacks that could prove deadly to Hall. I see it going Mountain Home 1, Hall 2, Jonesboro 3, Searcy 4, then whoever the other 2 end up being.

Russellville will end up playing Siloam I'd bet and Russellville should come out with the 1, SS 2, and Benton 3 then everyone else.

Russellville, Searcy, Hall, and Benton should make up one side.

Mountain Home, Jonesboro, Siloam Springs should be the other side.

Thoughts?

I obviously am a big fan of Russellville making it out. I do think Benton has an outside shot to test them though. Other than those 2, I don't see it being possible for any others on that side of the bracket.

Siloam is the favorite on the bottom half of the bracket with Mountain Home who should bunker down and most likely go for their counters or to penalties like they played SS in the past when they won. Jonesboro has a shot, but after losing to Hall I'm not sure how they get past SS. Not sure anyone else is relevant on that half of the bracket.

Soccer11

I didn't see no injuries on hall vs Jonesboro bad refs didn't take out not one yellow card at jonesboro for fouling hall players when they was counter attacking....hall did a shoulder to shoulder and was a foul... Jonesboro poor officials

6aSoccer

Quote from: Soccer11 on May 04, 2017, 12:45:44 pm
I didn't see no injuries on hall vs Jonesboro bad refs didn't take out not one yellow card at jonesboro for fouling hall players when they was counter attacking....hall did a shoulder to shoulder and was a foul... Jonesboro poor officials

You didn't look very hard. They had 2 starting center mids go out for nearly the entire second half, a third center mid get hurt, come out and go back and fought through it. Then a center back and a right back that both went out and hobbled back in it. If you couldn't tell there was something wrong then you're def. a fan or player for Hall for sure.

As far as officiating goes it was awful both ways. The difference was the refs could tell Hall was a team who loves to flop. The Jonesboro players they are used to and can tell which ones flop and which ones don't. They didn't call the floppers from Jonesboro, but did make calls on ones that typically don't. Hall is notoriously known for flopping throughout the state and always have been. It's a stigma that will never leave them.

ricepig

Quote from: 6aSoccer on May 04, 2017, 12:52:20 pm
You didn't look very hard. They had 2 starting center mids go out for nearly the entire second half, a third center mid get hurt, come out and go back and fought through it. Then a center back and a right back that both went out and hobbled back in it. If you couldn't tell there was something wrong then you're def. a fan or player for Hall for sure.

As far as officiating goes it was awful both ways. The difference was the refs could tell Hall was a team who loves to flop. The Jonesboro players they are used to and can tell which ones flop and which ones don't. They didn't call the floppers from Jonesboro, but did make calls on ones that typically don't. Hall is notoriously known for flopping throughout the state and always have been. It's a stigma that will never leave them.

Must be a player, Hall didn't bring a fan in 4 seasons of football.

Soccer11

Parent sir and y'all must be a Jonesboro coach or parent?

ricepig

Quote from: Soccer11 on May 04, 2017, 04:32:37 pm
Parent sir and y'all must be a Jonesboro coach or parent?

Nope, neither for me, and congrats for supporting your son's team. Too bad their football and baseball team never get any support when coming to Jonesboro.

6aSoccer

Fan of many years ..Jonesboro, valley view, and Searcy. I don't hold any stake in any of them but have watched them for nearly 2 decades play good soccer for north east arkansas. Valley view and Searcy have gotten over the hump with a number of quality seasons so Ive been watching the Jonesboro team closely this year since it's seems they are doing a great job and they've got potential to make a run for it this year.

I still don't think they have depth to get past the schools out west, but come state it's all about what team shows up.

Don't get me wrong, Hall is a talented team, but they'd be much better if they learned to play without all of their extra curricular last on the field. Ie. flopping, borderline attacking officials, and dirty play. That style won't win during state because officials talk and they won't take the real fouls on them serious and the minute they start attacking officials it's over for them.

They just need to learn to control themselves and then they'd be a legitimate tbreat to the big schools.

Fourthreethree

Quote from: ricepig on May 04, 2017, 05:52:24 pm
Nope, neither for me, and congrats for supporting your son's team. Too bad their football and baseball team never get any support when coming to Jonesboro.
I am not sure what Hall's fan base has to do with this soccer game or the playoff predictions. The soccer team does have a pretty good following and over the last few years it has grown. You bring up baseball and football. I notice the top of this page says soccer. Maybe you should go to the blog for one of those sports and make your case.

Fourthreethree

Quote from: 6aSoccer on May 04, 2017, 12:52:20 pm

Hall might flop some but some examples of bad officiating are: Hall took a shot that bounced off the cross bar bounced in the goal then out. Judgement call fine. One of Jonesboro plays made a hand ball the AR signals it and the center waved it off. The AR signals an offsides all of players stop including Jonesboro the center yells "play on."
Enough about the refs, lets move on to the players. Lets talk about Halls defense for holding the high scoring team in 6A to only one goal and very few shots. I thought that the first half was played on Jonesboro's half.
Or, I thought you had really good insight on the keys to win the Jonesboro/Hall game. What are your thoughts on the Mt. Home/Hall game or Searcy/Jonesboro? will Jonesboro be healthy? It sounds like they got pretty beat up.

ricepig

May 05, 2017, 11:49:40 am #87 Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 11:51:22 am by ricepig
Quote from: Fourthreethree on May 05, 2017, 09:08:26 am
I am not sure what Hall's fan base has to do with this soccer game or the playoff predictions. The soccer team does have a pretty good following and over the last few years it has grown. You bring up baseball and football. I notice the top of this page says soccer. Maybe you should go to the blog for one of those sports and make your case.

I would, but there wouldn't be any Hall fans to see it. I'm glad you could take some praise, or were you flopping?

ricepig

Jonesboro 4
Searcy 1

Final

Joe Pacheco set an Arkansas record with his 48th thru 51st goals tonight.

mhip201

Mountain Home beats LR Hall to win the 6A east conference championship in one of the wildest finishes I have ever seen.
Hall scored twice in the second half, the last one coming with 1:47 left in the game, to go up 2-0. Mountain Home then scored with 47 seconds left, and were awarded a penalty on a foul from behind with 2 seconds left in the game, which they made. Mountain Home went on to win 3-2 in KFTM.
Has anyone else ever see a game like that before? I've never heard of a team making a comeback like that with so little time left in the game.

MDXPHD

Quote from: mhip201 on May 06, 2017, 08:36:27 pm
Mountain Home beats LR Hall to win the 6A east conference championship in one of the wildest finishes I have ever seen.
Hall scored twice in the second half, the last one coming with 1:47 left in the game, to go up 2-0. Mountain Home then scored with 47 seconds left, and were awarded a penalty on a foul from behind with 2 seconds left in the game, which they made. Mountain Home went on to win 3-2 in KFTM.
Has anyone else ever see a game like that before? I've never heard of a team making a comeback like that with so little time left in the game.

That sounds like an incredible finish. Mountain Home just refuses to lose. I thought Hall seemed better throughout the year, but hats off to MH for their effort

Fourthreethree

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 06, 2017, 09:00:30 pm
That sounds like an incredible finish. Mountain Home just refuses to lose. I thought Hall seemed better throughout the year, but hats off to MH for their effort

I wasn't at the game so I can't say what I have heard is true or not. But, I heard there was some pretty crazy things happening at the end of the game. I know Hall has given up few goals this year. To give up two in less than a minute is surprising. Does anyone know what happened?

Fourthreethree

Does anyone know the score of the Russellville vs Siloam Springs game? (Boys)

Buck183

Quote from: Fourthreethree on May 06, 2017, 09:44:59 pm
Does anyone know the score of the Russellville vs Siloam Springs game? (Boys)

Yes. 

Siloam 2
Russellville 1

Soccer11

I seen the game on Facebook hall vs mountain home.. y'all should check it out

6aSoccer

Quote from: Soccer11 on May 07, 2017, 12:07:47 pm
I seen the game on Facebook hall vs mountain home.. y'all should check it out

I read the article in the paper on this game and was confused myself. How was Mountain Home able to score with 45 seconds left, then have Hall clear the ball out of bounds on three separate occasions and still give Mountain Home enough time for a throw in and foul in the box for the penalty kick? I've seen a lot of games before, but that time doesn't add to me. Hall seems like a superior time, but like someone said, Mountain Home just doesn't give up. Their coach has those playing tough soccer and has them in the right state mentally. They should be mentally prepared for state knowing they can come back from almost anything. I think this makes Hall HUNGRY. They'll have to get by Benton and Siloam Springs, but they have what it takes.

On the other side, it should come down to Mountain Home, Russellville and Jonesboro. I can see a Siloam and Russellville rematch, but Mountain Home's toughness may play a big factor if they play Russellville. This should get fun quick!

Soccer11

Ref from mountain home kept adding time when the time in the board went off... but state this week wish every team luck..

jimmyt

ArkansasSportsFan and 6ASoccer,

I hate to say I told you so but I told you so...
Good luck to everyone this post-season

Jimmyt

sssuperpantherfan2

In VG SS vs Russellville, what happened to the goalie? Did she get overheated or injured?  She's a great player and noticed she was subbed out.

thebeaufyfullgame

Quote from: sssuperpantherfan2 on May 09, 2017, 11:44:03 am
In VG SS vs Russellville, what happened to the goalie? Did she get overheated or injured?  She's a great player and noticed she was subbed out.

She is fine, coaches told the girls a day before, that game didn't matter much and  every  one will play, since was a game just to be seed it.
Dont like that idea and it looked like girls didn't care about the game, but still SS was the better team not trying to take anything away from them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas