• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rogers open

Started by ricepig, March 31, 2017, 05:26:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Trojanball24

Anyone on staff or local that will be a frontrunner for this?

Potbelly

I'm sure there will be decent interest in that job.  I don't know of anyone in house they would take a hard look at, but I'm sure several head coaches from smaller schools in the area will show some interest.  Not sure if the Martin guy that is currently the assistant at Bentonville West has any interest in being a head coach again, but he could be a local guy that could possibly get in the mix if he has the desire to.  Wouldn't surprise me to hear of some Oklahoma coaches showing interest too, with the low pay in Oklahoma.  I'm sure they would jump on an opportunity to live in NWA and receive what I assume would be a nice pay raise.  Trent Loyd from Pea Ridge should get a look, in my opinion, if he shows interest. 

southarkdaddy

Quote from: Potbelly on April 03, 2017, 11:27:22 am
I'm sure there will be decent interest in that job.

The Paycheck alone will draw interest from across the state

arkcrash

Is there also an opening at Bentonville?

pridgehog

April 03, 2017, 04:20:05 pm #5 Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 08:13:03 am by pridgehog
Trent Loyd would be a great hire. He is the best coach around and would be a great fit at Rogers. Took a bunch of guys who aren't getting any looks from Colleges and barely lost to a Private School who has a 7 foot 3 player and a D1 point guard in the State Finals. Guy can flat out coach!!!

pridgehog

Quote from: arkcrash on April 03, 2017, 12:52:16 pm
Is there also an opening at Bentonville?
I heard that the Bentonville coaches are going to the AAU circuit. Trent Loyd will be at one of the two schools next year, no doubt. Should get a hefty pay raise.

Brian G

The info on the long rumored Bentonville opening will be out soon.

As for Rogers, it's not one of the better jobs in NWA.  Might be the right place for someone wanting to get up here but hard to imagine any local HC's wanting to move to that spot.

springdalesmitty

Quote from: pridgehog on April 03, 2017, 04:20:05 pm
Trent Loyd would be a great hire. He is the best coach around and would be a great fit at Rogers. Took a bunch of guys who aren't getting any looks from Colleges and barely lost to a Private School who has a 7 foot 3 player and a D1 point guard in the State Finals. Guy can flat out coach!!!
Not sure the money would be enough to lure him away from Pea Ridge, I think he should leave before they get bumped up to 5A though. That team at Pea Ridge was probably the best team in NWA and that's including Harber. The best shooting team I have seen in years, if they play any public 4A team in the State, they win State. I have not seen enough of Pea Ridges coach to know how good he is but he had about 7 real good players and most would have played a lot in any classification.

springdalesmitty

Quote from: pridgehog on April 03, 2017, 04:23:51 pm
I heard that the Bentonville coaches are going to the AAU circuit. Trent Loyd will be at one of the two schools next year, no doubt. Should get a hefty pay raise.
I think Brad Stamps would be a good choice at Bentonville or Brian Ross at Baptist Prep.

Brian G

I think Rogers has their guy.  He's from the area.

brock

Quote from: B.G. on April 09, 2017, 12:57:54 pm

Who do you think?

Trojanball24

Brian G

April 12, 2017, 01:59:05 pm #13 Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:00:44 pm by B.G.
Quote from: B.G. on April 09, 2017, 12:57:54 pm
I'm going to back track on this.

Heard they have some surprise applicants. Instate and from nearby out of state.   Definitely some good interest for this job.

hotsauce216

Word is they've made one offer and it was turned down. Anything to that true?

Brian G

Quote from: hotsauce216 on April 12, 2017, 02:56:53 pm
Word is they've made one offer and it was turned down. Anything to that true?
It would be news to me but of course could be true.

Brian G

2 out of state coaches and an instate interview occurred late last week.

Not sure if they have any more scheduled.

I'd guess we have a hiring first few days this week.

hotsauce216

April 17, 2017, 03:47:32 pm #17 Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 04:31:02 pm by hotsauce216
Rogers Heritage posted today that they're looking for an assistant HS boys coach.

Brian G

Quote from: hotsauce216 on April 17, 2017, 03:47:32 pm
Rogers Heritage posted today that they're looking for an assistant HS boys coach.
My guess is they have an in house candidate.

Brian G

Brian G

bobcats

That seems to be a odd hire for Rogers.  His record at his previous coaching stops is barely above 500.  If you can't win at other places how can you be successful at Rogers?

hotsauce216

Quote from: bobcats on April 19, 2017, 08:35:31 am
That seems to be a odd hire for Rogers.  His record at his previous coaching stops is barely above 500.  If you can't win at other places how can you be successful at Rogers?

Agree

hotsauce216

Quote from: bobcats on April 19, 2017, 08:35:31 am

I believe Rogers AD is from the same town.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas