• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pickleball

Started by Valleysports, January 24, 2017, 01:58:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

Wondering how many athletes, on here, have discovered Pickleball.  Real Pickleball!  Anyone heading to the Pickleball US Open, Florida, winning money,  shooting for the pro-tour, or thinking of playing in the first International Championship?  Playing in the Mid America, Hot Spring - Ozark Arena, March?   Or the Mid South - Monroe?

What is Pickleball?

Redwolves8526

I've played Pickleball for a while now, and played in a few tournaments in college. But probably no where near good enough to play in those big tournaments you speak of. I love to play. But when I ran into a tennis player from ASU in the finals of that tournament, I figured out I'm not all that great. She embarrassed me haha

Longfellow

Played it in a coaching class at Tech. Super fun. One of my favorite games ever since. It's hard to find places to play though

Valleysports

I'll PM you on how to find out who, where, & when in any state & town near you - Arkansas is catching up.  Yes, there are a lot of tennis players in Pickleball.  I play with 4-6 who are on tennis scholarships at area colleges now.  One played in a pickleball tournament in Texas 2 weeks ago.  Pickleball players are ranked, so you can play with your level 1-5 or age group.  Most of us are playing in our age groups, as the Tiger Woods of Pickleball are coming up.

I know the coaching class you speak of Longfellow, local club is fixing to help out with that. 

There's a fun tournament in Heber Springs ever June or July (3rd year coming up).

Valleysports

The USA Pickleball Association is looking to get pickleball started in your area.  PM me....  Lets get it going in your town.

Current Pickleball Locations:
Bella Vista
Bryant
Danville
Fayetteville
Fort Smith
Greenbrier
Heber Springs
Holiday Island (where is this?)
Hot Springs
Hot Springs Village
Little Rock
Mountain Home
Oak Grove
Plainview
Rogers
Russellville
Van Buren

HorseFeathers

Holiday island is near eureka springs...

Valleysports

Valleysports

The Mid-America Championship, March 24-26, turned out to be a great success.  300 players from 25 states.  Plans are to step the tournament up to 1000 players over the next couple years.  For you economic types, entry fees are $50-85 dollars, couple nights hotels, food, shopping.... Yep

Third annual Heber Fever is in August.  Mail your entry fee's today. 

Three pickleball courts can be taped (painters tape) off in 30 mins.  Portable self standing nets are put up in 5 mins.  Three courts fit on a basketball court.  The same baby boomers who played in softball tournaments, every weekend in the 80's, are looking for tournaments every weekend now.  Looking for a fund raiser?

Valleysports

Valleysports

US Open Pickleball Championships, Napals, Florida, will be on CBS May 19th, 7pm.....

Valleysports

August 08, 2018, 12:55:37 pm #10 Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 12:57:23 pm by Valleysports
The sport of Pickleball has exploded across America and steadily growing in Arkansas.

Places playing:
Ft Smith
Siloam Springs
Rogers
Eureka
Mtn Home
Cherokee Village
Batesville
Heber Springs
Greenbrier
Conway (just cranking up)
Russellville