• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 - 7A FINAL MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, May 15, 2016, 07:05:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

1...Bentonville
2...North Little Rock
3...Rogers
4...Fort Smith Southside
5...Van Buren
6...Cabot
7...Rogers Heritage
8...Bryant
9...Conway
10..Fayetteville

mack

Nope, history will be repeated.  Switch NLR and Bentonville.

pruff

No need to disrespect bentonville.

mack

pruff

Good luck getting that switch taken care of.

mack

Quote from: pruff on May 15, 2016, 12:13:51 pm
Good luck getting that switch taken care of.

Luck has nothing to do with it.  If Bentonville is the better team, they'll stay where they are.  If NLR is better, it'll be corrected.  I'm betting NLR.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on May 15, 2016, 12:43:58 pm
Luck has nothing to do with it.  If Bentonville is the better team, they'll stay where they are.  If NLR is better, it'll be corrected.  I'm betting NLR.

Homer.......

mack

mack

BTW Rice... This is our fourth consecutive trip to the finals.  The only other team to do this was Bryant who won three out of four championships.  (NLR won it one of those four years). We have the opportunity to win four championships in a row now.  Bentonville will be a tough out......

Maybe we need to get these girls out for football🤔

ricepig

Quote from: mack on May 15, 2016, 12:52:18 pm
BTW Rice... This is our fourth consecutive trip to the finals.  The only other team to do this was Bryant who won three out of four championships.  (NLR won it one of those four years). We have the opportunity to win four championships in a row now.  Bentonville will be a tough out......

Maybe we need to get these girls out for football🤔

Y'all definitely have the softball thingy figured out, move-ins???.......ducks as he leaves...

mack

I think it's the house an car we offer them as a part of the compensation package...

ricepig

Quote from: mack on May 15, 2016, 02:31:16 pm
I think it's the house an car we offer them as a part of the compensation package...

I'd stick with it, it seems to be working well. What's the record for consecutive titles in softball?

mack

Quote from: ricepig on May 15, 2016, 02:59:07 pm
I'd stick with it, it seems to be working well. What's the record for consecutive titles in softball?

3 in 7A.  I think Foremsn has the overall record with 6,451 😏

KO Tiger

Just wondering... has NLR even played any quality opponents this year besides Rogers?  Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, I just honestly don't know who else they played.  From what I had seen the Central AR teams kind of had a down year, not to say they NLR hasn't turned it on at the right time.  Probably as expected from a champion.  I just know that Bentonville has beat some really quality opponents this year, and it will probably take NLR playing the game of their lives to beat Bentonville, but in a one game championship anything can happen!

I will take Bentonville in this one taking their first State Championship from the reighning State Champions.  Much respect to NLR and their program but I think Bentonville is a more complete team in pitching, hitting, running, and defense.

mack

Quote from: KO Tiger on May 16, 2016, 08:36:59 am
Just wondering... has NLR even played any quality opponents this year besides Rogers?  Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, I just honestly don't know who else they played.  From what I had seen the Central AR teams kind of had a down year, not to say they NLR hasn't turned it on at the right time.  Probably as expected from a champion.  I just know that Bentonville has beat some really quality opponents this year, and it will probably take NLR playing the game of their lives to beat Bentonville, but in a one game championship anything can happen!

I will take Bentonville in this one taking their first State Championship from the reighning State Champions.  Much respect to NLR and their program but I think Bentonville is a more complete team in pitching, hitting, running, and defense.

Hahaha.... That was about as thinly veiled a diss as I've ever seen on here!  Congratulations.  Still, to play along, we've played some of the better teams in the state.  Didn't Rogers give you all you wanted?  Southside?  We've played Benton, Vilonia, Greenbrier etc, and they're as good as anyone in the state.  They beat us in close games.
We're prepared for your completeness, although it may take the best game any NLR championship team has ever had to play in the history of time itself.  That kind of completeness is hard to overcome.

pruff

Ya, Rogers almost beat bentonville 3 times, whatever that's worth, Im looking forward to NLR giving them all they want as well.

mack

Quote from: pruff on May 16, 2016, 10:57:47 am
Ya, Rogers almost beat bentonville 3 times, whatever that's worth, Im looking forward to NLR giving them all they want as well.

I've got no illusions.  Heck, we've lost 8 or 9 games.  Anybody in this tournament could beat us.  Bentonville is the real deal, and will be hard to beat.  I like our chances because of our big game history.  We usually find a way at Bogle.

pruff

It's gonna be fun!! Good luck to both teams!! Game time moved to 3pm!! Fyi

IAFLAR7

NLR comes to play when it's tournament time. NLR and Bryant have won the last 8 state titles.
Until someone beats them when it counts, why pick against them?

500 hitter

mack

Couldn't have said it better than IAFLAR....

mack

Quote from: ricepig on May 17, 2016, 08:28:02 pm
Hopefully you get #4 before he leaves.

https://twitter.com/JeremyMuckADG/status/732686775987015680

He's not coaching this year...  He went into administration.  Bentonville got a steal!

ricepig

Quote from: mack on May 18, 2016, 10:10:15 am
He's not coaching this year...  He went into administration.  Bentonville got a steal!

Ok, I didn't realize that, I guess coaching in BV pays more than administration at NLR???

mack

Quote from: ricepig on May 18, 2016, 10:33:07 am
Ok, I didn't realize that, I guess coaching in BV pays more than administration at NLR???

I think there are several factors, but I'd  imagine the guy who mows the campus makes more at Bentonville than our teachers...😏

pruff

Every one in Bentonville is rich!!

ricepig

Quote from: mack on May 18, 2016, 11:42:41 am
I think there are several factors, but I'd  imagine the guy who mows the campus makes more at Bentonville than our teachers...😏

It's not how fast you mow, it's how well you mow fast!

mack

Quote from: ricepig on May 18, 2016, 12:21:33 pm
It's not how fast you mow, it's how well you mow fast!

I continue to make mistakes, even though I should be getting wiser as I age.  I got a 54 inch lawn tractor instead of a zero turn.   What's wrong with me?

mack

C'mon KO Tigger😜  Let's give our score for tomorrow's game.

The last few years we've beaten folks pretty good in the finals.  I think this year will be the toughest test in a while.

NLR-6
Bentonville-5

NWAsoftballjunkie

Tough close game tomorrow but Bentonville continues to do what they have done all year and keep teams from crossing the plate.

BHS - 4
NLR - 2

LowerAR

I only saw these two teams at the Drew M., but from what I saw, I have to go with Bentonville. I was very impressed with the pitcher. 

mack

mack

Putting it to us pretty good.... And telling us to like it...

mustanglion73

Quote from: mack on May 20, 2016, 04:45:32 pm

Whats score

mack

mack

mack

12-1 killing.  Bentonville was the real deal.  Congratulations to the new King.

pruff

Quote from: mack on May 20, 2016, 06:04:56 pm
12-1 killing.  Bentonville was the real deal.  Congratulations to the new King.

Have been all year.

mack

pruff

Prob not. Almost all the starters are returning. They will make another run

mack

Quote from: pruff on May 21, 2016, 12:51:27 pm
Prob not. Almost all the starters are returning. They will make another run

I'll buy your ticket to Bogle if they lose only one game next year!  I promise.  NLR will be loaded for the next 4 years as well.  It should be fun to try to get another crack at BV.

pruff

Have no idea how many games they will lose, I don't like to make predictions on specific season totals or scores of state championship games......

mack

Quote from: pruff on May 21, 2016, 04:16:05 pm
Have no idea how many games they will lose, I don't like to make predictions on specific season totals or scores of state championship games......

You just won't bite🎣

pruff

mack

97softballmom

How many will remain at BHS and go to BWHS?  The split will definitely give Rogers teams some better opportunities in 7A west.

mack

Quote from: 97softballmom on May 22, 2016, 10:49:29 am
How many will remain at BHS and go to BWHS?  The split will definitely give Rogers teams some better opportunities in 7A west.

I had forgotten about that.  Splits sure don't make you any stronger. 

pruff

Almost all the starters will be Tigers

unw1red

BHS will lose two starters to graduation, and 2-3 starters to West. This is based on where players live at the end of the season. Based on who those players are, and who was sitting in reserve, West should have the upper hand in 7A West next year. Simply my opinion.

mack

Quote from: unw1red on May 23, 2016, 10:42:53 am
BHS will lose two starters to graduation, and 2-3 starters to West. This is based on where players live at the end of the season. Based on who those players are, and who was sitting in reserve, West should have the upper hand in 7A West next year. Simply my opinion.

Where will the pitcher be? That will be a big plus for that school....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas