• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Football 2015

Started by WPWells, September 04, 2015, 08:53:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

I felt that with the season here it was time to create an official thread. I'm ready for tomorrow.

beach bum

UTEP: University Team Equally Pathetic

bdubyab60

Lionheart88

Two drives, two touchdown passes.  Can't start much better.

bdubyab60

Allen looks sharp. Run game is only going to get better as the game goes on.

bdubyab60

Defense needs to pick it up a little though

BrianfromCarlisle

Jones for UTEP is a player.  Allen is throwing on point right now. Hatcher looks supremely confident.

Valleysports

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 05, 2015, 03:10:29 pm

They have a lot of work to do, before playing an SEC offense, but this is why you have non-conference games against El paso & Toledo. 

BrianfromCarlisle

Agreed.  I believe the D will be ready come prime time

bdubyab60

Yeah they are getting after it now lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on September 05, 2015, 04:08:19 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 05, 2015, 03:10:29 pm

They have a lot of work to do, before playing an SEC offense, but this is why you have non-conference games against El paso & Toledo. 

We're starting to look like a top 25 team playing a mid major..

BrianfromCarlisle

They are starting to look like a top ten team playing a mid major.  The o line is massive.

bdubyab60

Back ups should get some carries now.

BrianfromCarlisle

Announcers are ridiculous.  Ignorant

bdubyab60

Did I also read on the screen earlier that we got a verbal commit

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 05, 2015, 04:53:05 pm
Did I also read on the screen earlier that we got a verbal commit

The kid from hope committed today

WPWells

What are the announcers saying?

Valleysports

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 05, 2015, 04:54:51 pm
What are the announcers saying?

They are saying "12th Man" is a Texas A&M Trademark.

BrianfromCarlisle

RUFUS THE JAZZ FLUTE PLAYING CIRCUS SQUIRREL

BrianfromCarlisle

Williams runs hard.  Gonna be a great season. And I will say once again that Jones for UTEP is a very good player.

WPWells

WPWells

beach bum

From watching the game and seeing the stat line one thing that worries me is it is obvious Williams and Walker are no where near the back as J Will..... I am stating the obvious but that worries me.

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on September 05, 2015, 06:17:15 pm
From watching the game and seeing the stat line one thing that worries me is it is obvious Williams and Walker are no where near the back as J Will..... I am stating the obvious but that worries me.

True, but it's the first game, and it was obvious they were going to stop the run and leave single coverage on the WR's.

BrianfromCarlisle

It was very nice to see that we have 2 TEs that will keep defenses honest.

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on September 05, 2015, 06:21:58 pm
Quote from: beach bum on September 05, 2015, 06:17:15 pm

True, but it's the first game, and it was obvious they were going to stop the run and leave single coverage on the WR's.

Before I even read your comment I was thinking that.... it is the first game for those guys to get used to taking a load like that. You can't beat Brandon Allen doing exactly what he needs to do against a team like that. I love how he barely ever turns the ball over.

AirWarren

I liked what I saw considering what we played. Offensive line needs some work. Need to shore up on some tackling. First game jitters.

Was really pleased with our air attack. Keon and Brandon looked like the real deal. Keon looked good! As did sprinkle. I'm still concerned about our run game minus Jonathan. Kody walker is a bruiser. And Williams 3 is going to be fine. Alex is Alex I just wish he had a little more break away speed. Williams 3 just looks the part with a good RB build. Did I saw I was pleased with the "AIR HOGS"? Ha.

All in all. We took care of business against a should have win type game. Go hogs!

And I think our defensive lines and offensive lines are going to be just as good as anyone in the country.

Romeo

AirWarren

Bielema.
Enos.
Smith.
Body by Herb.
We got a heck of a staff.

AirWarren

And what the heck is wrong with that clown JoJo Robinson?

bdubyab60

Thought RW3 looked good. Especially since when he was getting carries it was pretty much a given that we were going to run the ball. BA was a couple of overthrown passes away from a really great day. The line will have to step up because teams are gonna do what UTEP did. Man up to stop the run. There are gonna be times we need to impose our will on teams

beach bum

Forget the next 2 games.... I am ready for the PRESEASON to be over and play A&M already!

Valleysports

Quote from: beach bum on September 06, 2015, 06:56:33 pm
Forget the next 2 games.... I am ready for the PRESEASON to be over and play A&M already!

Right now Arkansas is excited about the season, ranked #18 in the Nation, thinking you might win the conference or more.  Why get in a hurry to put all this excitement on the line?  I say go ahead and pick up the next two practice games, while enjoying being undefeated.  They're not giving out participation awards the next three weeks!   ;)

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 07, 2015, 10:47:47 am

Right now Arkansas is excited about the season, ranked #18 in the Nation, thinking you might win the conference or more.  Why get in a hurry to put all this excitement on the line?  I say go ahead and pick up the next two practice games, while enjoying being undefeated.  They're not giving out participation awards the next three weeks!   ;)

I was going to tell the young padawan to let nature run it's course......

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on September 07, 2015, 11:24:15 am
Quote from: Valleysports on September 07, 2015, 10:47:47 am

I was going to tell the young padawan to let nature run it's course......

I am young.... I still have ZERO patience  ;D

Lions84

Looked good for a team that did not Tackle much in the preseason.

Valleysports

Quote from: Lions84 on September 09, 2015, 01:14:30 pm
Looked good for a team that did not Tackle much in the preseason.

Okay that makes sense - there was a lot of arm tackling.  I hope Texas Tech mimics an SEC Team enough for Arkansas to get a good scrimmage.  Especially on defense.  El Paso was totally sold out to the run. 

beach bum

Texas Tech is god awful... they gave up 45 to Sam Houston State. They are a very good FCS but come on.

Valleysports

Okay - y'all having a "How great thou Hog's are" discussion somewhere without me?  I mean this is it, let's hear it while we can.  I get the biggest kick out of Hog Caller's on the radio.  This guy called in wanting to know when the Hogs would play a legit team, someone that would earn the Hogs some respect.  He said the Hogs' would just pummel through A&M (just an exercise), same with Tennessee, "Randy, is Bama going to give us a good game?  Will beating Bama finally get us some respect?". Randy - well yeah......  Hahaha  ;D.  Good thing the Hogs have coaches with good sense!

bdubyab60

HorseFeathers

WPWells

Big understatement. At this point we just need to survive and move on to Texas Tech

HorseFeathers

And this is why pre-season rankings suck

bdubyab60

Well it's gonna take some work to survive this one.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 12, 2015, 05:29:41 pm
Well it's gonna take some work to survive this one.

Forget surviving...we're gonna have to earn this one..

BrianfromCarlisle

Running game is atrocious.  Penalties have really cost them.

bdubyab60

O-line is just getting whipped on running plays. 8 penalties today, one negating a score. Time to show some guts in this one.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on September 12, 2015, 05:42:16 pm
Running game is atrocious.  Penalties have really cost them.

Fans will still blame BA and his int..if we lose

HorseFeathers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas