• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

Knocked the Gadwalls down this morning - Cyprus Slough.  Should be going to roost early this evening.  Wind SW, bringing rain, this evening.  You know I was reading the Waterfowl Hunting Reg's.. Report for 2015 showed decreasing population in the Delta, increases over here in the River Valley.  I think it was mostly due to weather and flooding last year.

ricepig

I don't know what they did today, but my youngest has gotten limits every time they've gone, although a lot of teal early on. This is near Black River, Clover Bend-Alicia area. They have hunted some around Wynne, in some woods, but I don't know exactly where.

beach bum

The sleet is falling hard right now in NWA. Those roads are going to get dangerous. I imagine and hope most all churches will cancel services tomorrow for safety purposes so hopefully on a Sunday non work day type of day people stay off the road. Snow is one thing, but stuff is turning to pure ice out there.

sevenof400

74 yesterday to high teens overnight. 

Nice.

Longfellow

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 18, 2016, 09:26:55 am
74 yesterday to high teens overnight. 

Nice.
Went outside at 9am in shorts and a cutoff t-shirt. Went out at 3pm in sweats and a hoodie. 10pm it was jeans and a winter jacket

HorseFeathers

-7 windchill in northern pope Co

Longfellow

How far north? It's not that bad in Russellville right now, or at least it wasn't when I got to church

Trojanbird

If only the wind would stop blowing so hard, the cold would be so much easier to deal with!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on December 18, 2016, 11:16:05 am
How far north? It's not that bad in Russellville right now, or at least it wasn't when I got to church

As far north as you can go without being in Van Buren County lol

Redwolves8526

11 degrees here in the delta. Boy that boat ride on the river was cold yesterday morning.

Valleysports

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 18, 2016, 02:14:14 pm
As far north as you can go without being in Van Buren County lol

You're gonna make us work for it?  Lurton, Mt Judea?  Don't know where that line lays....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on December 19, 2016, 12:56:02 pm
You're gonna make us work for it?  Lurton, Mt Judea?  Don't know where that line lays....

That's Newton county valley.... Come on now haha

My in-laws live in the community of Tilly, about 200 yards from van Buren county line

Valleysports

Oh OK I know Tilly?  Hey how come you Arkansawers name your counties after someone else's towns?  Conway county here, Conway over there, Van Buren out west, Van Buren county over up yonder.  Can't y'all think of anymore names or understand how to match?  Seems like a bunch of horse feathers to me.

beach bum

Quote from: Valleysports on December 19, 2016, 07:07:46 pm
Oh OK I know Tilly?  Hey how come you Arkansawers name your counties after someone else's towns?  Conway county here, Conway over there, Van Buren out west, Van Buren county over up yonder.  Can't y'all think of anymore names or understand how to match?  Seems like a bunch of horse feathers to me.

That has always annoyed me as well. Conway and Faulkner County should switch names for sure...

HorseFeathers

December 22, 2016, 07:21:58 pm #3164 Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 07:51:42 pm by HorseFeathers
Quote from: beach bum on December 19, 2016, 08:13:08 pm
That has always annoyed me as well. Conway and Faulkner County should switch names for sure...

Well.....When conway was just a lonely train stop in eastern Conway county it probably made more sense....Then Faulkner county was formed in the mid1870s...And Conway was no longer in Conway County...Whoops

And valley you forgot Searcy and Searcy county..haha

sevenof400

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 22, 2016, 07:21:58 pm
Well.....When conway was just a lonely train stop in eastern Conway county it probably made more sense....Then Faulkner county was formed in the mid1870s...And Conway was no longer in Conway County...Whoops

And valley you forgot Searcy and Searcy county..haha

Benton and Benton County .....

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Hot Springs (Garland County) and Hot Spring County (Malvern)

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

December 24, 2016, 09:26:45 am #3167 Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 09:33:07 am by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
I live in Washington County
The town of Washington is down by Hope. Can't remember if it was Arkansas' first capital or the capital during the Civil War or something like that. Seems like I remember something about the Bowie knife being there for some reason. Maybe a staging area for the Mexican-American war or whatever the Battle of the Alamo war was in. I know I could Google all this, but I'm just piecing this all together from 8th grade Arkansas history / 10h grade American history.

bleudog

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian on December 24, 2016, 09:21:41 am
Hot Springs (Garland County) and Hot Spring County (Malvern)

That one is the result of creating a new county also.  Hot Springs was in Hot Springs County until Garland County was formed.  I think the county split was a wet/dry issue.

sevenof400

Quote from: bleudog on December 24, 2016, 10:37:50 am
That one is the result of creating a new county also.  Hot Springs was in Hot Springs County until Garland County was formed.  I think the county split was a wet/dry issue.

In Arkansas?  No!   ::) :P :-X :-\ :-* :'(

ricepig

About half of Arkansas came from the Mother of Counties, years ago.

"The "Mother of Counties," Lawrence County once covered a majority of north Arkansas, an enormous stretch of land ultimately forming thirty-one counties."

http://www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net/encyclopedia/entry-detail.aspx?entryID=782

Brian G

Booneville and Boone County.

WPWells

Van Buren and Van Buren County

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WPWells on December 24, 2016, 11:58:40 am
Van Buren and Van Buren County

Valley already got that one 8)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on December 24, 2016, 10:37:50 am

Travel issues was the reason....The folks near what's now Hot Springs didn't like having to travel through the hills to the county seat of Rockport...Which I think was near present day Malvern..

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Marion and Marion County

beach bum

50 degrees and not a cloud in the sky in Boulder, Colorado today where I am right now. Can't ask for better in December.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on December 24, 2016, 08:26:32 pm
50 degrees and not a cloud in the sky in Boulder, Colorado today where I am right now. Can't ask for better in December.

50 degrees and raining in Hector tonight....I won't complain...We had single digit lows and negative windchill last week..

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 24, 2016, 10:03:16 pm
50 degrees and raining in Hector tonight....I won't complain...We had single digit lows and negative windchill last week..

I love that feeling after a cold blast comes through. It makes 50 seem like a perfect spring day.

beach bum

It was a bad day yesterday in Colorado... 60 to 70 mile an hour gusts of wind and it was blowing snow off the mountains pretty bad. There were plenty of tractor trailers and semis in the ditch because of the severe winds. I felt awful for those truckers that have an already demanding and tough job under normal circumstances..... Interstate 25 was not friendly to those guys yesterday.

Valleysports

I'm getting sick of these beautiful summer days!!!!!!!!!!   :(

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on December 27, 2016, 03:09:34 pm
I'm getting sick of these beautiful summer days!!!!!!!!!!   :(

Hey I'm not a duck so get out of here with that talk...

Valleysports

Haha well I can handle 30 deg mornings.  With water levels low, the ducks aren't able to spread out too far anyway. I'm finding them on cypress holes - duck weed (vertebrae). Bellies have rice in them also. 

AirWarren

About an inch of snow here in Maumelle. Not much to shut down the world. But nevertheless.

beach bum

Perfect amount of snow... Nice and powdery too. I heard there was a literal cut off line between Springdale and Rogers where there was no snow after that to the north. Things went a little backwards this time.

Cabotfan

Below freezing all weekend and then 70 yesterday!!!

and what's with this freaking wind...   OMG!!

Lions84

Froze last Thur and Friday and wearing short sleves the past 2 days this week.

PrivateLesson

The +70 degree temps have been absolutely wonderful!  I have loved every day of the beautiful sunshine!:)  I hope spring break is just as warm and nice.   A little worried about storms, though.   Eye to the sky, as my papaw always said.  Plus, NOAA weather and apps doesn't hurt either. 

Ready to see all the pretty tulips and trees.  Crappie probably biting well, especially with dogwoods blooming so early.

beach bum

Quote from: PrivateLesson on March 06, 2017, 10:49:50 am
The +70 degree temps have been absolutely wonderful!  I have loved every day of the beautiful sunshine!:)  I hope spring break is just as warm and nice.   A little worried about storms, though.   Eye to the sky, as my papaw always said.  Plus, NOAA weather and apps doesn't hurt either. 

Ready to see all the pretty tulips and trees.  Crappie probably biting well, especially with dogwoods blooming so early.

Storms tonight in north Arkansas too will give the growth the moisture it needs for everything to grow like wildfire.

PrivateLesson

Hello you beautiful sunshine!!!!   

I read on twitter that 2017 has the fastest tornado start in 9 years!!  Let's hope that ends!! 

cuckoobird

beach bum

Mostly nasty cold rain in NWA tomorrow.... Slim possibility of a mix/wet snow. The very extreme NE Arkansas corner may see a little more snow from what the radar showed.

beach bum

Hope everyone and their families stayed safe yesterday. Horribly, 13 deaths have so far been confirmed in northern Arkansas and southern Missouri from the rain that came flooding down.

Redwolves8526

Most of the rivers in Arkansas won't even crest until Thursday or Friday

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on May 01, 2017, 08:55:36 am
Most of the rivers in Arkansas won't even crest until Thursday or Friday

Just seen on Facebook that parts of Pocahontas are under mandatory evacuation due to them thinking the levies are gonna break

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 01, 2017, 01:39:26 pm
Just seen on Facebook that parts of Pocahontas are under mandatory evacuation due to them thinking the levies are gonna break

There have been some insane pictures from that part and a little north from some folks I know in West Plains..... Nature can be so cruel. I just hope there aren't anymore fatalities because those rivers are still going to be something else for a while.

beach bum

Anyone seen the crazy temperatures that the southwest is about to see? Phoenix is about to hit 121 Tuesday, plus Monday and Wednesday at 119..... I know 110 is pretty common in the summer for them, but 120 is a whole different animal. No matter how dry it is 120 is completely unbearable.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on June 17, 2017, 03:29:43 pm
Anyone seen the crazy temperatures that the southwest is about to see? Phoenix is about to hit 121 Tuesday, plus Monday and Wednesday at 119..... I know 110 is pretty common in the summer for them, but 120 is a whole different animal. No matter how dry it is 120 is completely unbearable.

They should come visit Arkansas because it Was a beautiful day in the Ozarks today

PrivateLesson

It's about time to fire up those Friday Night Lights! 

Football is in the air!   

It's currently 82* in August.  Football weather is here!:)

beach bum

Just push mowed the yard in August and didn't even sweat.... That does not happen often.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas