• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar @ Mansfield 10/19/2018

Started by Warriors023, October 12, 2018, 10:13:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Warriors023

Thoughts? Predictions? I'll take Lamar by 14

TheTruth2010

All I have to say is, Lamar better be prepared to play a Full game. If they play like they did in the first half against Greenland, I'll take Lamar by 3 scores. If the second half team shows up, they may get beat.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 12, 2018, 10:17:20 pm
All I have to say is, Lamar better be prepared to play a Full game. If they play like they did in the first half against Greenland, I'll take Lamar by 3 scores. If the second half team shows up, they may get beat.
If they take a lead into the locker room at half-time like they did tonight, I'd be very surprised if they let down again like they did in the 2nd half tonight.

knownothingboutfallball

Warriors023

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 12, 2018, 10:21:03 pm
If they take a lead into the locker room at half-time like they did tonight, I'd be very surprised if they let down again like they did in the 2nd half tonight.
I agree with you, if the team that showed up in the first half, I'll give them a chance of hanging around with Booneville and Mansfield. But if not, both teams will name their score.

Warriors023

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on October 12, 2018, 10:57:41 pm
Mansfield by 7
Aren't you the one that said that Mansfield vs Booneville was gonna be a 4 quarter game??

P.F.G.

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 13, 2018, 12:33:00 am
Aren't you the one that said that Mansfield vs Booneville was gonna be a 4 quarter game??

I mean that was a prediction that ended up being correct. They played 4 quarters.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 12, 2018, 10:17:20 pm
If the second half team shows up, they may get beat.

If the second half team shows up, it could be ugly.

beach bum

beach bum

Quote from: P.F.G. on October 13, 2018, 02:25:43 am
I mean that was a prediction that ended up being correct. They played 4 quarters.

Lol, yes..... Yes they did.

macadoshis

Lamar goes to Mansfield and gets the win to go to 8-0. 

xadboy

As long as Lamar remembers the game is 4 quarters, should take care of business. Lamar by 16

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: xadboy on October 13, 2018, 09:43:56 am
As long as Lamar remembers the game is 4 quarters, should take care of business. Lamar by 16

I have a suspicion that there is going to be some activities during next week's practice to get the team's attention.

macadoshis

I remember those "help" sessions. They'll definitely get your attention.   They'll be ready to play Friday night and take care of business.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Several possible outcomes, some of them not pleasant. But . . . I think pass defense will be a "point of emphasis" this next week and we will do better, and I think Lamar's sustained drives with a good running attack will keep the ball out of Mansfield's offense's hands enough to bring home the win.

But Mansfield is a tough field to visit.

MICHAELSPAPPY

We shall see if Lamar reacts to its Greenland as well as Booneville reacted to theirs.

macadoshis

October 13, 2018, 06:40:43 pm #16 Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 01:48:05 pm by macadoshis
Warriors sure up the secondary play and roll this week.

beach bum

October 13, 2018, 06:43:38 pm #17 Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 06:47:20 pm by beach bum
Quote from: macadoshis on October 13, 2018, 06:40:43 pm
I want to apologise to anyone I've ever offended at Lamar.  I'm a Warrior all the way and in no way ever have I intentionally disparaged the program.  I'm sorry if administration and coaching staff felt that way.   Friendship is more important to me that whether I ever post on here again.  With that being said.  I will not be reading anymore of these posts or ever making another post.  I wish Lamar the very best the rest of the season and into the playoffs.  I hope to get updates the rest of the year from any friends I do have left there.  Good luck Friday night.  Take care of business and safe travels.

I see nothing wrong with pointing out things that need to be improved in a program so I see no reason you should leave. It's one thing if a person is negative all the time, but I do not notice that from your posting. I do not see a problem at all with pointing out flaws that could be improved as long as you're cheering the team on 100% which I see you rooting for the program. You should stay on here and not worry. People in leadership positions who can not handle criticism by simply ignoring it need to get a thicker skin.

xadboy

Quote from: beach bum on October 13, 2018, 06:43:38 pm

I see nothing wrong with pointing out things that need to be improved in a program so I see no reason you should leave. It's one thing if a person is negative all the time, but I do not notice that from your posting. I do not see a problem at all with pointing out flaws that could be improved as long as you're cheering the team on 100% which I see you rooting for the program. You should stay on here and not worry. People in leadership positions who can not handle criticism by simply ignoring it need to get a thicker skin.
Agreed, haven't seen anything wrong with anything you have posted.

beach bum

Quote from: xadboy on October 13, 2018, 09:18:07 pm
Agreed, haven't seen anything wrong with anything you have posted.

I was mostly confused cause Lamar is 7-0..... What is there to be down in the dumps about 7-0? LOL. Life's tough sometimes, might as well roll with it and fly high when times are good and rolling.

Clara Allen

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 14, 2018, 06:56:54 am #21 Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:16:23 am by MICHAELSPAPPY
Quote from: beach bum on October 13, 2018, 09:20:36 pm
I was mostly confused cause Lamar is 7-0..... What is there to be down in the dumps about 7-0? LOL. Life's tough sometimes, might as well roll with it and fly high when times are good and rolling.

Don't know what tomorrow (or Friday) will bring, but I am going to enjoy the moment. I had hoped we would be 7-0 at this point, but I didn't necessarily expect it. The trouble with being undefeated at this point in the season is that it definitely raises your expectations.

MICHAELSPAPPY

KEYS TO THE GAME (for Lamar)
1. Sustained drives; keep their offense off the field
2. Improved pass defense; avoid big plays
3. Win the battle up front

CoolBreeze

My guess is that the true key to the game is how Mansfield responds to their butt-kicking Friday night. If they get down in the dumps, they're likely toast before they start. However, if they use it as a wake-up call and a motivation to redouble their efforts then they'll make a game of it.

Being the victim of a blowout one week does not guarantee that a team cannot beat a good team the next. In 1972 the Misouri Tigers lost to Nebraska one week but went to South Bend and defeated No. 8 Notre Dame 20-26 a week later. It is possible to snap back after a devastating loss.

xadboy

If Lamar can shore up the pass defense and limit any big plays then they will win. If they don't this could turn in to a shootout. IMO I believe pass defense will be a big point of emphasis this week in practice. Can Mansfield's line keep Lamar out of the backfield? If not could be a long night for them. Can Lamar bottle up the first half of the Greenland game and use it the rest of the year. They definitely need that intensity the rest of the way.

Hopefully it's a good, injury free game for both teams. Good luck to both.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: xadboy on October 14, 2018, 05:24:45 pm
IMO I believe pass defense will be a big point of emphasis this week in practice.

It had better be.

Warriors023

Greenland kept picking on one side in particular and scored multiple times from it. Gotta move people around and change match ups. Put the best deep ball defender on the best deep ball receiver. It's not rocket science.

CatPride

Mansfield has a couple of kids the can fly. Like y'all said, Lamar will have to limit the big plays.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: CatPride on October 14, 2018, 07:06:51 pm
Mansfield has a couple of kids the can fly. Like y'all said, Lamar will have to limit the big plays.

Well, we found out last week what happens when we don't.

panther07

After reading this thread, I've come to mind warping conclusion. The team who plays better football will win. Pretty crazy stuff going on in the Lamar and Mansfield match up.

High Voltage

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 14, 2018, 02:40:38 pm
My guess is that the true key to the game is how Mansfield responds to their butt-kicking Friday night. If they get down in the dumps, they're likely toast before they start. However, if they use it as a wake-up call and a motivation to redouble their efforts then they'll make a game of it.

Being the victim of a blowout one week does not guarantee that a team cannot beat a good team the next. In 1972 the Misouri Tigers lost to Nebraska one week but went to South Bend and defeated No. 8 Notre Dame 20-26 a week later. It is possible to snap back after a devastating loss.
I think we already are seeing how the fans are reacting, they haven't even showed up to the thread yet. I still think Mansfield wins in a close game. Coach Jones is very good though and he could give Mansfield fits. Great guy and great coach!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: High Voltage on October 14, 2018, 09:45:23 pm
Coach Jones is very good though and he could give Mansfield fits. Great guy and great coach!

I would certainly salute that.

High Voltage

Rain in the forecast, advantage Lamar!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: High Voltage on October 15, 2018, 10:09:47 am
Rain in the forecast, advantage Lamar!

And Mansfield's field is down in that bowl. How well does it drain?

OLDSCHOOL82

^ It drains like a bathtub drain with a house full of women!

What happened to TRH? 

TRH

October 15, 2018, 10:49:21 am #35 Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 12:58:40 pm by TRH
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 15, 2018, 10:37:24 am
^ It drains like a bathtub drain with a house full of women!

What happened to TRH?

Oh, I'm here and hoping for a decent game.

High Voltage

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 15, 2018, 10:23:57 am
And Mansfield's field is down in that bowl. How well does it drain?
I have no clue. Went to one game there a few years back when Mansfield hosted Fountain Lake. Nice field but the visitor bleachers are not very good and the home stands are little.

High Voltage

Quote from: TRH on October 15, 2018, 10:49:21 am
Oh, I'm here and hoping for  decent game.
Let's just hope for your sanity and the whole towns piece of mind you don't get that same officiating crew! I could see a meltdown that could last till next football season!

TRH

Quote from: High Voltage on October 15, 2018, 11:59:29 am
Let's just hope for your sanity and the whole towns piece of mind you don't get that same officiating crew! I could see a meltdown that could last till next football season!

I thought that we left that in the other thread?
I'm not going to be baited into an argument over what transpired last week.
It may be difficult, but try and focus on the game being discussed, if that's not too much trouble............................, unless you're the self-appointed comedian in FF in which case carry on!

High Voltage

Quote from: TRH on October 15, 2018, 12:17:24 pm
It may be difficult, but try and focus on the game being discussed, if that's not too much trouble............................, unless you're the self-appointed comedian in FF in which case carry on!

Just sayin!

xadboy

Quote from: TRH on October 15, 2018, 12:17:24 pm
It's ok to have a little fun with each other just leave the kids out of it unless you have something good to say about them.

High Voltage

Quote from: xadboy on October 15, 2018, 02:33:52 pm
It's ok to have a little fun with each other just leave the kids out of it unless you have something good to say about them.
Be careful, he will start PM'ing you. Calling you names and speaking poorly of your IQ.

TRH

Quote from: xadboy on October 15, 2018, 02:33:52 pm

I viewed it as just an uncalled penalty and didn't know that giving a number, or naming the player (their names appear in the programs) was a big deal.
I can assure everyone that I won't make that mistake again!  lol

Anyway I'm hoping for a dry and injury free game for both Lamar and Mansfield on Friday.

TRH

Quote from: High Voltage on October 15, 2018, 02:53:27 pm
Be careful, he will start PM'ing you. Calling you names and speaking poorly of your IQ.

No, I only do that to you, because you're..............................., special.

High Voltage

Quote from: TRH on October 15, 2018, 03:01:08 pm
No, I only do that to you, because you're..............................., special.
Thanks! You are special too!

mhs85grad

This should be a very fun game to watch with lots of questions that will be answered between 7 pm and 10 pm Friday night.

Will Lamar play a complete game or have one good and one bad half?
Can Mansfield put the thorough thrashing that the Bearcats gave them in the rear view mirror and move on?
Will it rain and if so who will it bother the most?

Winner will pretty much lock up the #2 seed barring any really crazy things happening in weeks 9 and 10.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: mhs85grad on October 15, 2018, 04:50:28 pm
Will Lamar play a complete game or have one good and one bad half?

That is a very good question. Can Doc get their attention this week?

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 15, 2018, 07:58:42 pm #47 Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:13:39 pm by MICHAELSPAPPY
Hootens has Mansfield by 1. (Meaning, of course, that they do not have any idea.)

CoolBreeze

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 15, 2018, 07:58:42 pm
Hootens has Mansfield by 1. (Meaning, of course, that they do not have any idea.)
Choice likely based on the fact that Mansfield is at home.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas