• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Patriotic

Started by bleudog, September 18, 2010, 11:57:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

September 18, 2010, 11:57:22 pm Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 09:52:14 pm by bleudog
Took the thing with a camera phone, but liked the way it came out.

B-52 fly over at the Navy-La Tech football game in Ruston, LA.

shah_guido_g

bluedog, nice capture. If you have an editing program, you can probably clean it up a little.

But it is a nice moment and capture.

How was the game?

bleudog

September 19, 2010, 12:38:43 pm #2 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 09:55:49 pm by bleudog
Quote from: shah_guido_g on September 19, 2010, 11:57:21 am
bluedog, nice capture. If you have an editing program, you can probably clean it up a little.

But it is a nice moment and capture.

How was the game?

Thanks for the comment.  I did a little cropping and contrast work but that's about the extent of my ability.

I'm an old bulldog, so it was a great back and forth ball game till Navy got a 14 point lead late in the game.

It's hard to feel bad losing to one of the military academies.  Like was said during the  halftime tribute:  "Today they are our opponents, tomorrow they are our defenders."

Here's the other shot I got. 

As old as those birds are, they are still intimidating.  Especially when they come over that low.  Glad when it flew over, it wasn't mad at anybody.

shah_guido_g

bleudog,

Here is a quick edit if you don't mind.

bleudog

Quote from: shah_guido_g on September 19, 2010, 02:54:13 pm
bleudog,

Here is a quick edit if you don't mind.

Don't mind at all.  Thanks.

bleudog

September 20, 2010, 02:53:21 pm #5 Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:03:00 pm by bleudog
Here's a shot of the B-52s at their home base.  It's scary what you can look at on google maps.

shah_guido_g

bleudog,

I went ahead with an edit on your second image. Nice capture also.

I know what you mean about the B-52. When I was a kid in east Arkansas, the B-52's in their SAC paint scheme would make very low flyovers. I can still recognise the sound of an approaching B-52 when they make a rare flyover here in west Arkansas.

bird dog

Infamous

Those are nice. I love patriotic pictures.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Have you guys ever seen this?

http://www.stockwellphotos.com/catalog_amarc.htm

I was watching youtube videos with my two-year old and a video about this B-52 boneyard came on.  From what I understand, they are all out of commission, but could be reinstated if the need ever arose.  I doubt we've trained enough B-52 pilots as well as some of the other planes there to fly all those.  It is just mind boggling to me.

And oh by the way, bleudog, love the pictures.

InYoGrill

Nice, very nice!!!

I was a bomb/nuke loader on those very same planes from 88-90 at Barksdale. I still get excited when I see those old smoking low flying birds. Good times serving my country when I was a young teen from Cabot.

bleudog

USS Kidd, a restored WWII destroyer, at the Veterans' Museum in Baton Rouge:

Ventman

Makes me proud to be an American!

bleudog

September 13, 2011, 11:24:18 pm #13 Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 06:48:05 pm by bleudog

Infamous

That's a good shot of War Memorial Stadium.

bleudog

Fourth of July bump.

bleudog

November 25, 2012, 09:26:40 pm #17 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:09:19 pm by bleudog
Taken by an old school buddy of mine: 

bleudog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas