• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Assistant coaching

Started by SS1993, May 24, 2013, 05:15:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SS1993

I was curious if it is possible to assistant coach at the high school level without a degree. My hopes are to keep going to school to get my degree in teaching while also assisting to get some background in coaching.

WHITEchicken

If im not mistaken you can assist in softball, baseball, soccer, and volleyball. you have to take some courses through the AAA and do a background check.

Lionheart88

For anything but football, basketball, and track, yes.  You can even head coach without a degree.

True Fan

While in school, STUDENT coaching is the term to use. It's not the same as registered volunteers. Student coaches are not restricted from the big three sports.

No Name

Quote from: True Fan on May 25, 2013, 08:58:01 am
While in school, STUDENT coaching is the term to use. It's not the same as registered volunteers. Student coaches are not restricted from the big three sports.

I think you have to be assigned to that school from your college before you can do this, like observation or student teaching.

True Fan

You're probably right, but it seems like the language in the handbook isn't that specific.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas