• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

David Pierce (Dave in JC)

Started by OUfan95, October 16, 2008, 03:51:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OUfan95

I'm sure most of you know that David was diagnosed with cancer a few months back...  He isn't doing well.  He has been taken to hospice and his family could really use all of your prayers.  If anybody would like more info than I want to give out on the board please feel free to email me...  I'm the youth pastor at David's church and a friend of his family.  OUfan95@aol.com

Please pray...

the game

Prayers sent up , for peace and comfort for Dave , his family and friends ....

monster_island

dave is a good poster.

Prayers from Mt. Ida.

bleudog

October 16, 2008, 11:47:39 pm #3 Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 11:54:35 pm by bleudog
I don't know David personally but have enjoyed his input on the board.  I wasn't aware of his medical condition.  Sorry to hear about his situation.   May the good Lord provide him and his family the strength they will need. 

I went back and read some of his old posts.  I especially enjoyed the memories they brought back of the 2006 season.  His love for his family and the Dragons was obvious in the posts.

Quote from: dave@J.C. on November 16, 2006, 08:05:12 pm
that was yommy - remember his obnoxious posts? - had to give it too him - for a 170 lb kid he could knock your block off - you can hear that lick on the tape i bought of the game - and it was filmed from the pressbox ACROSS  the field from the play - you might have missed another lick of note in that game - happened about 1 second into the opening kickoff when my stepson laid out a bear to start koby on about a 30 yard return - snakebite went on to win the burlsworth award in the game - sorry to brag but couldn't resist  ;D

Quote from: dave@J.C. on December 09, 2006, 09:03:06 am
congratulations jessieville - what a game - burke deserved the mvp - without his second half play, junction would have won

to the burlsworth winners, watkins from j-ville and barnette from jc - my boy won it in '03 and i still remember the thrill of hearing his name called - along with the plaque, you received the burlsworth book; read it! - you will not truly understand the honor bestowed upon you until you do

extra points- i wish jc would give up the swinging gate fakes and just line up and run for the 2's - they were getting 10-15 yards per carry - surely they could get 3 - all i can say is that it was just meant to be jessieville's night

junction, you had a great season - your 2 losses were by a total of 2 points - conference champs and state runnerup - not bad in anybody's book - i know it hurts like heck to get that far and come so close, but you have nothing to hang your heads about - you are winners

seniors - you have learned valuable lessons from your football careers - one of the most important is a good work ethic - take that to heart and continue to make us proud of you after you leave school

thanks to both teams for a great game and season

8)

Quote from: dave@J.C. on March 24, 2007, 08:57:54 am
need to clear something up here - jc's o-line in '03 was not huge - probably averaged around 200 lbs tackle to tackle - left guard was about 165, right guard started the season around 215 but was probably down to 205 by season end

where they excelled was in technique and the weight room - all 5 benched over 300, and if i remember correctly, the smallest (roscoe) was the strongest of the bunch - i remember many games where snakebite would be lined up against a 300 lb lineman and would push him all over the field

size helps if it is coupled with strength and agility, but you can get by with a smaller line - the dragons have done it for years

the dragon coaches excell in teaching blocking technique and fundamentals - they get lower grades in offensive imagination - overall, the records speak for themselves

8)

Quote from: dave@J.C. on November 25, 2006, 12:35:23 am
congrats - hope she is a blessing to you and you to her - love her like she's your own daughter - my boy has a great girlfriend and i look forward to them getting married and giving me a little future dragon

8)

WCD

Dave is a wonderful man and I am blest to know him. We met through this board and then met at a football game between HA and JC. He is passionate about JC sports and a good man.

Prayers from HA!

WCD :'(

jctigercat

David pass away around mid night.  :'(

bleudog

Quote from: jctigercat on October 17, 2008, 09:25:42 am
David pass away around mid night.  :'(

Prayers and condolences to friends and family.

footballfan

I'm so sorry to hear about Dave. He was a great poster, very enthusiastic about his Dragons, and a man who had no problem saying "congratulations" to another team when needed.

paraloma

We lost a good poster, but only for a little while.

May God bless his family in their time of need and hopefully they can overcome any sorrow to celebrate a wonderful man's life.

Go Dragons, indeed.

Walter

God will help the family through. 50 years old is much too young to be gone. We are all sorry.

Lanny

CHSBISON77

Juice-Man

This is unbelievable man.  Does anyone know how to get in touch with his wife Paula, or his stepkids Renee or Charlie?  David was a good God fearing man.  I spent a lot of weekends at his house with Charlie.  I still just can't believe this.

thebigshot

He will be missed by family and lots of friends on this board.

True Bear Backer

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: Juice Man on October 17, 2008, 03:47:50 pm
This is unbelievable man.  Does anyone know how to get in touch with his wife Paula, or his stepkids Renee or Charlie?  David was a good God fearing man.  I spent a lot of weekends at his house with Charlie.  I still just can't believe this.

I could PM you the home address if you want or if you wanted to send mail you could send it in care of Three Creeks Baptist Church (http://www.threecreeksbaptist.org/) whose address is 9772 Haynesville Hwy, Junction City, AR 71749 

lion4ever

monster_island

Prayers for the family from Mt. Ida.

HORNET-MAN

Douglas

The Fearless Friday family is working on a few things to honor our fallen brethren.

More details coming soon.

HA_Fan

I remember dave@J.C.'s posts from their run in 2003.  I always enjoyed reading his and tdn (Tim)'s posts.  Haven't read much of the 2A board since HA's move to 3A.

Sorry to hear about this.  Prayers for his friends and family.

footballfan

bleudog

October 18, 2008, 08:00:39 am #22 Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 10:01:47 am by bleudog
http://www.memorialsolutions.com/sitemaker/sites/Youngs1/obit.cgi?user=599_DPierce207#

Sorry about the duplication footballfan.  Looks like I hit save just after you hit post.

FootballFan33

I am always willing to pray for somebody in need.  I am believing that God will heal him and make him every whit whole.  I know that all things are possbile with my God that I serve and I will be praying for Dave, I will also have my church praying for him. 

airitout

Prayers from Rison. I will miss Dave, and his family is in our prayers.

The-Bookie

OMG I just read this.  I have known Dave through this board for a few years now.  He is the one that started the cell phone score update network.  Great guy.  I have enjoyed talking to him the past few years.  I hope the best in this situation.  Prayers for he and his family.

Football Momma

Just reading this post myself - have enjoyed Dave's posts for many years and sorry to hear about his passing....I know he will be greatly missed.  Prayers are with his family during this difficult time.

Football55

HorseFeathers

I feel behind now....Wow...I loved going back and forth with the Junction guys back in 03....I just now noticed this thread, since I don't keep up with AA like I used to...

Prayers from RussVegas for the family...

Lions84

Sorry I didn't see this sooner  :(

Prayers from Lions84 for this family

MiZZoULuVR09

Prayers From Hermitage....4 Family And Friends!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas