• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clinton @ Melbourne

Started by ESPNAnalyst44, September 22, 2018, 09:50:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ESPNAnalyst44

Clinton is coming in hot after an impressive victory at Harding Academy. The Fullback duo of Davidson and Bowman rushed for a total of 331 yards. The defense also showed grit and held on late in the game after Amos was injured extending a play. Don't think Melbourne has what it takes offensively or defensively to match up to Clinton. Clinton wins big.

Football2mom

ISU7

No letdown game for the Jackets.
Clinton by 15

CoolBreeze

elmerfudd

I've never even heard of Melbourne.

DogCatcher

QBDad

Quote from: elmerfudd on September 23, 2018, 02:56:19 pm
I've never even heard of Melbourne.

Melbourne is just north of Batesville. It's a relatively new program (7th year varsity) that has been fairly successful in the first six seasons (three - 9 win seasons, made it to second round twice). The team is well coached and they play hard. These teams are very similar. It should be a good game.

panther07

Quote from: QBDad on September 23, 2018, 07:54:18 pm
Melbourne is just north of Batesville. It's a relatively new program (7th year varsity) that has been fairly successful in the first six seasons (three - 9 win seasons, made it to second round twice). The team is well coached and they play hard. These teams are very similar. It should be a good game.

Don't particularly think it'll be close.

elmerfudd

Quote from: QBDad on September 23, 2018, 07:54:18 pm

Ya learn something everyday! Thank you

AverageJo24

I think this game will be closer than people think. Melbourne has a few good backs that run hard and are physical. They hung with Charleston for a while earlier in the year. I still believe Clinton is the better team, but I do not expect a blowout

panther07

Quote from: AverageJo24 on September 24, 2018, 08:42:01 am
I think this game will be closer than people think. Melbourne has a few good backs that run hard and are physical. They hung with Charleston for a while earlier in the year. I still believe Clinton is the better team, but I do not expect a blowout

And Charleston is struggling for Charleston. They aren't Charleston of norm

AverageJo24

No they arent, but they are still a very sound football team.

panther07

Quote from: AverageJo24 on September 24, 2018, 01:00:15 pm
No they arent, but they are still a very sound football team.

Yes they are always very sound. Just not very talented or big currently.

Proud Buckaroo

Think this is the first year that Kendrick doesn't have a D1 athlete.

nastynice

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 24, 2018, 02:54:25 pm
Think this is the first year that Kendrick doesn't have a D1 athlete.

Yep. Storey first 3 years, then SMF last 3 years........Clinton will run away with this game.

DeeGee

I say Clinton wins. Not so sure it'll be a blow out but they should win by at least 17, at most by 24. Imo.

DeeGee

Quote from: panther07 on September 24, 2018, 02:29:39 pm

I agree.
Every team goes through a bad season or two. Then they reload and you're like, "Yeap that's the Charleston I know!"

Oxford Cat

Melbourne pulls off the shocker at home. Win by 6.

ESPNAnalyst44

Quote from: Oxford Cat on September 26, 2018, 10:26:20 pm
Melbourne pulls off the shocker at home. Win by 6.
Hoping for a good game!

CoolBreeze

FBGM501

Have you lost your mind Clinton is superior to Melbourne in every way. My prediction is Clinton beats Melbourne just like before. Clinton is going to be playing for the state title while Melbourne is playing basketball later this year

DogCatcher

I think this is closer then most think.

FBGM501

Clinton's big offensive line will dominate the line of scrimmage. Especially since Melbourne players go both ways on the field.

elmerfudd

Quote from: FBGM501 on September 27, 2018, 07:16:08 pm
Have you lost your mind Clinton is superior to Melbourne in every way. My prediction is Clinton beats Melbourne just like before. Clinton is going to be playing for the state title while Melbourne is playing basketball later this year

😂😂😂😂😂😂

CoolBreeze

Quote from: FBGM501 on September 28, 2018, 11:40:07 am
Clinton's big offensive line will dominate the line of scrimmage. Especially since Melbourne players go both ways on the field.
Don't count your chickens. There's a lot of football to be played between now and December. I agree that Clinton should breeze through the rest of their conference schedule, but if they get too cocky, a team like Melbourne could slip up on them. Moreover, things will get a bit tougher once they get past the first round of the playoffs. And the first round can even hold some surprises as Glen Rose found out last year. Additionally, not having any real competition for the last month of the season could be a drawback when they begin to play quality opponents.

QBDad

Congrats to Clinton. Very impressive. Good luck the rest of the season.

FootballSpotlight

Melbourne played well to. Good luck the rest of the year.

CoolBreeze

Looks like there could be quite a battle for second place when the Bearkatz visit Harding Academy in a couple of weeks.

Pastor_Hog

As a Clinton fan I have seen both  Melbourne and HA play. I would think Melbourne is the better team because of their defense.

beach bum

Quote from: panther07 on September 24, 2018, 02:29:39 pm

No they are not... This is not true at all. It's the exact reason they are struggling big time by Charleston standards is because they have so many penalties and turn the ball over way too much. It's the reason they lost to an average 3A Greenland team and only scored two offensive TD's against Cedarville who is 1-4. The talent is down in Charleston for sure, but they are not as bad as they are showing if they will just clean stuff up.

beach bum

Quote from: FBGM501 on September 27, 2018, 07:16:08 pm

A comment like this makes me wonder if you have ever watched much high school football in the past? Cause no team giving up the average points per game that Clinton is on defense gets close to a state title. A good defensive team like Booneville will assert its control physically and in the trenches against Clinton to negate the speed.

beach bum

Clinton is on the same side of the bracket as the conference champ from the 1-3A and 4-3A which are tough teams who will come out of those leagues so they are not getting past the semifinals. Even their 2nd round and quarterfinal games will be somewhat tough even though they probably are the favorite in those on paper. Clinton is a really good team, but comments like they are state title contenders is only setting them up for failure and scrutiny.

DogCatcher

Clinton will be very lucky to make it past all the 2 seeds in their bracket.

beach bum

Quote from: DogCatcher on September 29, 2018, 07:27:48 pm
Clinton will be very lucky to make it past all the 2 seeds in their bracket.

I think on paper their 2nd round and quarterfinal matchups will be very competitive games that could either way so you may be right. Their side of the bracket looks to be more difficult than the other side.

ROULETTE

How many has Clinton been giving up on defense per game?

beach bum

September 29, 2018, 09:48:35 pm #35 Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 09:54:12 pm by beach bum
Quote from: ROULETTE on September 29, 2018, 09:21:16 pm
How many has Clinton been giving up on defense per game?

27.2 per game.... I know you know as well as anybody if you are a Glen Rose poster?? from your high level teams in past years that when the playoffs begin and you have to play 3 or 4 high level opponents in a row that a defense like that will not cut it. You can't just win shootout after shootout for 5 straight weeks in November and December when the level of play elevates.

Linebacker

Clinton wins this one by 10 points

panther07

Quote from: Linebacker on September 29, 2018, 10:38:05 pm
Clinton wins this one by 10 points

Well. The game is already over. But you were close.

AmericanMan30

Quote from: beach bum on September 29, 2018, 03:09:00 pm
Clinton is on the same side of the bracket as the conference champ from the 1-3A and 4-3A which are tough teams who will come out of those leagues so they are not getting past the semifinals. Even their 2nd round and quarterfinal games will be somewhat tough even though they probably are the favorite in those on paper. Clinton is a really good team, but comments like they are state title contenders is only setting them up for failure and scrutiny.
If they aren't a state title contender, then who is? Boonville is overrated.

elmerfudd

Quote from: AmericanMan30 on October 01, 2018, 09:29:13 am

Based on what? Just your opinion?

beach bum

October 01, 2018, 11:01:05 am #40 Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 11:06:40 am by beach bum
Quote from: AmericanMan30 on October 01, 2018, 09:29:13 am

Lol ok.... You mean the team that is good enough to  win the 1-4A and 4-4A this year, but you think they'll have trouble in 3A? And to answer your question Booneville is the favorite with Prescott, Smackover, Glen Rose, and Rison a cut above a team like Clinton..... Clinton is about the 6th or 7th best team in 3A if their defense does not improve.

panther07

Quote from: beach bum on October 01, 2018, 11:01:05 am

Lol ok.... You mean the team that is good enough to  win the 1-4A and 4-4A this year, but you think they'll have trouble in 3A? And to answer your question Booneville is the favorite with Prescott, Smackover, Glen Rose, and Rison a cut above a team like Clinton..... Clinton is about the 6th or 7th best team in 3A if their defense does not improve.

Booneville isn't overrated, but I don't agree with your assessment of Clinton.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas