• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A State Championship Robinson vs Arkadelphia(Poll)

Started by Brian G, December 01, 2018, 09:19:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

I think ARK wins and I want ARK to win
49 (40.5%)
I think ARK wins but I want Robinson to win
21 (17.4%)
I think Robinson wins and Robinson win
37 (30.6%)
I think Robinson wins but want ARK
14 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: December 08, 2018, 09:39:16 am

Trojanbird

Congratulations to the Badgers!  Was fortunate to see a few of your games this year, seems you got better with each one!  Don't think I have ever seen a team change jerseys at halftime, what was that all about?

Sigmund Sauer

bulldoghistorian

Congrats to Arky on back to back!
Only the 2nd team ever to win a State title with 5 losses.
The 1st team ever to knock off 4 #1 seeds in the same postseason under the playoff era!

ea cat

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 08, 2018, 09:11:10 pm
If players play the correct gaps, that offense isn't effective anymore. 2-3yard at a time from the shotgun means the ball carrier is running 7-8 yards. It's just not effective.

Until they started dropping snaps, it was effective. Question is would they have had the patience to stick with it for 80+ yards.

richboy

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on December 08, 2018, 09:19:29 pm
Congrats to Arky on back to back!
Only the 2nd team ever to win a State title with 5 losses.
The 1st team ever to knock off 4 #1 seeds in the same postseason under the playoff era!
who was the first I was told no one has ever done it

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: richboy on December 08, 2018, 09:53:02 pm
who was the first I was told no one has ever done it
No idea, heard those stats during the broadcast.

ea cat

bulldoghistorian

Oldbadger

December 08, 2018, 10:39:44 pm #209 Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:48:42 pm by Oldbadger
2013, beat Pine Bluff in the finals, I think.  However, the Badgers are probably the only team to go from 0 and 5. Eldo didn't do that. They did have 5 losses.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 08, 2018, 09:23:57 pm
Until they started dropping snaps, it was effective. Question is would they have had the patience to stick with it for 80+ yards.
Well I guess I should have said it's not effective when trying to come from behind. Could see where it might work in running out the clock. Once the Badgers figured out the blocking, it was useless.

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 08, 2018, 10:47:40 pm
Well I guess I should have said it's not effective when trying to come from behind. Could see where it might work in running out the clock. Once the Badgers figured out the blocking, it was useless.

And the player taking the snaps was nowhere near the size of Cezar Warren, Koilan Jackson, or Treylon Burks.

Oldbadger

Quote from: AirWarren on December 08, 2018, 10:48:47 pm
And the player taking the snaps was nowhere near the size of Cezar Warren, Koilan Jackson, or Treylon Burks.
My thoughts also.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Overdahill on December 08, 2018, 09:11:30 pm
The contrast tonight was striking. One team seemed jacked and ready to play 4 quarters and one seemed fairly deflated from the first series onward
One team had a coach who had his team ready to play a football game in wet weather, the other team's coach had his panties in a bunch because his hair got wet.

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on December 08, 2018, 10:48:47 pm
Yes smaller runner, but still running behind an oline much bigger than the opposing dline. And, no it's not good to do down multiple scores late in the game, but they started it down 7 on the first possession of the third qtr with success until the negative plays on dropped snaps. At the time it was really the only thing they could do w/consistency. They weren't getting long breakaways, but they also weren't getting sacked or tackled for losses either. The only true advantage JTR had tonight was their size on the lines, overall team speed quickness was the Badgers advantage.

AirWarren

December 08, 2018, 11:17:07 pm #215 Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 11:19:26 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: hogfan10 on December 08, 2018, 11:00:05 pm
Yes smaller runner, but still running behind an oline much bigger than the opposing dline. And, no it's not good to do down multiple scores late in the game, but they started it down 7 on the first possession of the third qtr with success until the negative plays on dropped snaps. At the time it was really the only thing they could do w/consistency. They weren't getting long breakaways, but they also weren't getting sacked or tackled for losses either. The only true advantage JTR had tonight was their size on the lines, overall team speed quickness was the Badgers advantage.
Quote from: hogfan10 on December 08, 2018, 11:00:05 pm

Couple of take aways in this game that was evident.

1. Hit Tackett and it rattles him. Every time. Give him time to stride forward in the pocket, he will pick you apart. Arkie hit him and shook him tonight.

2. Make eskola coach. If you do that, you increase chances to win.

3. The weather. Joe T cannot play in the elements.

4. Lots of both way players on the line for the senators.

5. The loss of Waits Hurt more than we thought.

It was over at 14-0 unfortunately.

justafan33

Called it. Said Arky would win by 3 TDs, but predicted by 30 of it rained. I was close. 

JoeWho

I am sure no one missed me, but here I am back.  Was at the 4a game freezing to death; I will soon forget that part. 

Badgers have make sports history!   ;D

I use the Ric Flair quote for this game.  We did not get beat, so we are the Man  -- One More Time!

I missed on the score (sort of Badger 28) while Joe T did not score.   I have to say I was shocked.  I can say the Badgers were jacked and ready to play, but I have to believe that Joe T just did not take us serious. I do think the weather had more of any affect on Robinson than Arkadelphia.  Robinson whole thing about the uniform change at halftime sort of seem odd to me.  The Robinson's Wildcat almost worked until we got the right personal changed in there. 

I guess the bottom line is that Robinson could not push the Badgers around like they did in the first game.  I was expecting a much closer game.  The Second half started and it was not long  I knew we were going to win.   Joe T was really done at the 6:28 mark in the forth quarter.

This was an amazing season for the Arkadelphia Badgers.  I have thought we were done at 0-5.  I will probably never see that kind of season again.  #3 seed (Defending State Champions) win 10 game straight.  In the playoffs, they take down four #1 seeds (in a row) with only one home playoff game. 

Still, I kind of hate it for the Senators.  Those kids wanted to win too, and I am all about kids.  State Championships are rare as it is (for some of us).  It still better to be in the running for a championship than to be sitting home.  I still think Joe T is a tough team, and  I have been dreading this game all week.

So, For now!  Go Badgers!!!    :)   WE WON!!!

soccerman

I love seeing comment section on here talking about how a school should fire someone just because they haven't won a state championship, even though the program hasn't continually been good and keeps getting better. It's not always about the title, it's about growth.

Hoghead2

Congrats to Arkadelphia on a historical State Championship run. Your fans will tell of this season forever. #7AAA&4AAdaysofold

CURLEYWOLF24

Congrats Badgers on your 2nd straight title.  The train doesn't slow down next year either with 14 starters returning.

scrapdawgof06

December 09, 2018, 07:42:02 am #221 Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:32:04 am by scrapdawgof06
Quote from: soccerman on December 09, 2018, 12:56:50 am
I love seeing comment section on here talking about how a school should fire someone just because they haven't won a state championship, even though the program hasn't continually been good and keeps getting better. It's not always about the title, it's about growth.

So you don't believe a coaching staff needs to be held accountable for the underachievement that exists year in and year out?

It isn't a talent problem, that's for sure, and even if it was, a good staff works with what they have and develops a gameplan to accommodate said talent.

The inability of this team with it's multitude of D-1 level talent to win the games that count boggles my mind every year, just because you rattle off a 9-1 conference record doesn't mean you did anything special, it just means you were lucky enough to get more points than the other team.

Complacency apparently came back to bite Robinson as it seemed autopilot was engaged.

On another note, congratulations Badgers on your turnaround season, hopefully our team can make strides and meet you in WMS next year.

richboy

Quote from: AirWarren on December 08, 2018, 08:37:39 pm
You're on point.

The stat continues.

The team that puts warren out wins the state title.
what's also interesting is since 2013 the team that puts arkadelphia out is the team to reach state. ( 2013 warren, 14' Mena, 15' pg, 16 pea ridge. 17' state champs, 18' state champs .

AirWarren

Quote from: richboy on December 09, 2018, 09:26:43 am
what's also interesting is since 2013 the team that puts arkadelphia out is the team to reach state. ( 2013 warren, 14' Mena, 15' pg, 16 pea ridge. 17' state champs, 18' state champs .

Analytics, Stats, and intangibles.

Simply amazing.

Maynard G Krebs

Could Eskola win the Soap Box Derby if someone gave him a Porsche?

snoopy22

Stop bashing Robinson's coach.  He has them in the hunt every year.  If the dropped snaps don't happen it would've been very interesting.  The only adavantage I saw was size on the offensive line.  That doesn't always mean victory.  Arkadelphia was a better team tonight.  Don't take away from what Arkadelphia accomplished by bashing a coach.  It's very hard to win state championships.  I see Warren fans being real hard on Robinson's coach......nobody has produced the amount of division 1 athletes as Warren in this classification and they manage to not win it every year, but they win their share.  Robinson will won the big one soon.  I was actually really disappointed in the Robinson skill set....Arkadelphia's was better, especially in that weather.

Oldbadger

The Badgers were determined that the weather was not going to be what would beat them, it would have to be the Senators. They practiced with a wet ball all week and wet uniforms. Others can tell more of what they went through. They actually came out before the game in T-shirts! Weather was not a factor for them. Way to go Badgers, you have etched your name in history. When will we ever see another team start 0-5 and win 10 straight and beat four 1 seeds in a row to win the State Championship? Could happen, but don't hold your breath!lol Look back at my posts. I said this wasn't the same team who went 0-5 when they won their first game. I could just tell by their posture and attitude. The last time I saw a team similar to this was in 1987 when the Badgers then were nationally ranked by USA today and won the State Championship. Go Badgers.

Maynard G Krebs

I seem to remember a few state championship trophies Warren has taken home.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: snoopy22 on December 09, 2018, 05:23:54 pm
Stop bashing Robinson's coach.  He has them in the hunt every year.  If the dropped snaps don't happen it would've been very interesting.  The only adavantage I saw was size on the offensive line.  That doesn't always mean victory.  Arkadelphia was a better team tonight.  Don't take away from what Arkadelphia accomplished by bashing a coach.  It's very hard to win state championships.  I see Warren fans being real hard on Robinson's coach......nobody has produced the amount of division 1 athletes as Warren in this classification and they manage to not win it every year, but they win their share.  Robinson will won the big one soon.  I was actually really disappointed in the Robinson skill set....Arkadelphia's was better, especially in that weather.
I see Warren developing their own kids not begging them to come from nearby schools to make a super team every year and fall short. Insert post office jokes here now. My gripe with Eskola is a bit more personal. In '16 when we beat them he was a guest commentator for the Championship game and Warren wasn't great at this or that, he had those Pea Ridge pompoms in full effect. He should have adds a little color but he couldn't get over the loss two weeks before. Then in'17, he had his players high low one of our senior linemen and end his season. I don't believe he's a good coach. I have zero say in what goes on at Robinson, he can stay or go. The way the district "recruits" puts him in the spotlight every year. Wish nothing but success for the young men playing after their high school  careers and for the remaining players, there's always next year.

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 09, 2018, 06:18:19 pm
I see Warren developing their own kids not begging them to come from nearby schools to make a super team every year and fall short. Insert post office jokes here now. My gripe with Eskola is a bit more personal. In '16 when we beat them he was a guest commentator for the Championship game and Warren wasn't great at this or that, he had those Pea Ridge pompoms in full effect. He should have adds a little color but he couldn't get over the loss two weeks before. Then in'17, he had his players high low one of our senior linemen and end his season. I don't believe he's a good coach. I have zero say in what goes on at Robinson, he can stay or go. The way the district "recruits" puts him in the spotlight every year. Wish nothing but success for the young men playing after their high school  careers and for the remaining players, there's always next year.

Well. The good news is that they won't be wearing orange shirts with 35-28 on it. They can get a blue shirt with 28-0 on it during offseason.

JoeWho

Quote from: richboy on December 09, 2018, 09:26:43 am

I have watch Badger Football for the better part of 20 years.  Between 2003 until 2012, I more or less consider them the Vanderbilt of the whatever conference they were in. 

In 2012, that all changed. The real test any good team is there ability to comeback or win close games.  They started off undefended going into that year's Nashville game.  The Score was Nashville 42 Arkadephia 21 at half.  As far down as they were, I knew it was not over at half ( why I don't know)  They usually were done at that point.  ( I am pretty sure Nashville though they where done)  The second half of that game saw Arkadelphia score 35 un-answered points to win after 10 years of beat downs by Nashville.  Thats when they became a contented.  Sadly, they lose the Quarterback in the CAC game that year as well.  The first round playoff lose to Mena ended the first great season in a 10 years.  9 wins 2 loses.  Since 2012, they be able to hang with the big boys most of the time. 

My point is  --  The Badgers are going to be in the running for a title.  When you dread that a certain team is coming to town, I want my Badgers to be one of those. 

After last night at War Memorial, don't throw water on those Badgers!  They just get better!!!

Kraig Crist

Quote from: AirWarren on December 09, 2018, 06:36:48 pm
Well. The good news is that they won't be wearing orange shirts with 35-28 on it. They can get a blue shirt with 28-0 on it during offseason.

Cold blooded.

richboy

Quote from: JoeWho on December 09, 2018, 07:26:54 pm
I have watch Badger Football for the better part of 20 years.  Between 2003 until 2012, I more or less consider them the Vanderbilt of the whatever conference they were in. 

In 2012, that all changed. The real test any good team is there ability to comeback or win close games.  They started off undefended going into that year's Nashville game.  The Score was Nashville 42 Arkadephia 21 at half.  As far down as they were, I knew it was not over at half ( why I don't know)  They usually were done at that point.  ( I am pretty sure Nashville though they where done)  The second half of that game saw Arkadelphia score 35 un-answered points to win after 10 years of beat downs by Nashville.  Thats when they became a contented.  Sadly, they lose the Quarterback in the CAC game that year as well.  The first round playoff lose to Mena ended the first great season in a 10 years.  9 wins 2 loses.  Since 2012, they be able to hang with the big boys most of the time. 

My point is  --  The Badgers are going to be in the running for a title.  When you dread that a certain team is coming to town, I want my Badgers to be one of those. 

After last night at War Memorial, don't throw water on those Badgers!  They just get better!!!
not trying to interrupt your story but we were down 42-14 at half and came back to win 56-42.. that was my junior year. In the locker room at halftime we didn't say a word the coaches didn't say a word the only thing was said was from quarterback Jakahari Howell and that was they really suck we can win this game and that had us jacked lol!

snoopy22

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 09, 2018, 06:18:19 pm

Okay I gotcha.  Makes more sense now, but you must remember in the Little Rock School District that's just the way it is.  Always has been, not only in football but basketball as well. It's not a small town like Warren or Prescott that knows all their kids from peewee on up.  Hey also wanted to make sure that you don't think I'm knocking the Lumberjacks at all.  Yall are top notch all the way around.  You and I both know that it is just very hard to actually get to the finals and win it once you get there.  We let one get away this year, basically needed 10 more seconds at Booneville.  Y'all lost Burks or you guys might've gotten another one as well.  Good luck in the future.  I hope Burks makes a great Razorback!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: AirWarren on December 09, 2018, 06:36:48 pm
And like the heavy package stretch offense he runs as his fail safe, let's see how that works for him.

JoeWho

December 10, 2018, 08:28:32 am #235 Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 10:15:31 am by JoeWho
Quote from: richboy on December 09, 2018, 08:31:30 pm
not trying to interrupt your story but we were down 42-14 at half and came back to win 56-42.. that was my junior year. In the locker room at halftime we didn't say a word the coaches didn't say a word the only thing was said was from quarterback Jakahari Howell and that was they really suck we can win this game and that had us jacked lol!

Well, That was the year your team ( and School) stop bring a so-so team.  The Badgers are in the big boy club right now

Think about it .  In seven years,  Two 7-4a Championships and Two State Titles!   The funny part is - we were not the 7-4a Champions when we won the State Titles.  Four out of seven years, we have titles and some major Upsets to our credit. 

I don't know how long it will last, but it's real fun right now.  I will be retiring soon, so it will be up to Badger fans like you to carry on the stories of these years. 

The 2018 0-5 Badger Team story!

Go Badgers!!!!

beaverfan007

Does arkadelphia have the funds to match an offer from another school coming after there coach

JoeWho

Quote from: beaverfan007 on December 10, 2018, 08:41:22 am
Does arkadelphia have the funds to match an offer from another school coming after there coach

Short answer is "NO".

JoeWho

Quote from: richboy on December 09, 2018, 08:31:30 pm

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/football-fall-12/arkadelphia-vs-nashville/9-21-2012-lAWrNO9xckGMq9tPIUGcxg.htm#tab=box-score&schoolid=

It was 42 to 21 at half.

ArkadelphiaNashville
Badgers 56  Scrappers 42

The Nashville (AR) varsity football team lost Friday's home conference game against Arkadelphia (AR) by a score of 56-42.

Q1    Q2    Q3   Q4   Final
Arkadelphia       0    21    14   21   56
Nashville          21   21     0    0    42

HeberFan

Joe T seems to be the classic "frontrunner" team that can neither handle trailing nor adversity?

Kids were visibly shaken and head-down in the second half.

RyanLR

Quote from: HeberFan on December 10, 2018, 12:32:30 pm
Joe T seems to be the classic "frontrunner" team that can neither handle trailing nor adversity?

Kids were visibly shaken and head-down in the second half.
Arkadelphia made 10 teams in a row look just as bad.

Untimeddown

How many total players from this team JTR are going to play"college " football?

AirWarren

Quote from: Untimeddown on December 10, 2018, 02:22:42 pm
How many total players from this team JTR are going to play"college " football?

I bet you at least 6+ sign somewhere.

Tackett will sign somewhere. 
Williams is a hog.
Wofford is going to Army(thanks for the future service kid).
Mekel Kentle will sign somewhere.
Traveon James will sign somewhere.
Elliot Harris jr will sign somewhere.
Matthew Howard will sign somewhere. Possibly wrestling too.
Courtney Snelling will sign somewhere.
Waits more than likely will sign somewhere.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AirWarren on December 10, 2018, 03:50:28 pm

Williams is a hog.

Wow

AirWarren

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 10, 2018, 04:05:51 pm
Wow

That's all speculation.

And that's just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AirWarren on December 10, 2018, 03:50:28 pm

Williams is a hog.

Yeah, I now see why Eskola couldn't pull off the win with such a thin roster

Untimeddown

Yes, but where's Arky Oline going. That's all 4 d-lineman for JTR.  They blocked the whole box.  All night. 300 yds. Just read the paper. Dang.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 08, 2018, 08:33:06 pm
I don't keep up with 4A too much - but to start the season 0-5 including a huge loss to Robinson, then turn it around like they have - incredible. Congratulations to the Badgers. Great job! A little confidence goes a long way. Defense started believing from what I can tell.
Dude, what kind of adjustments did they make to their defense. Wow!

Oldbadger

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 11, 2018, 03:59:26 pm
Dude, what kind of adjustments did they make to their defense. Wow!
There may be others, but one major change was playing there QB both ways.

hogfan10

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 11, 2018, 10:09:26 pm
There may be others, but one major change was playing there QB both ways.

IDK, QB didn't play both ways the majority of most/any games. He appeared to go on defense in key moments.
But, securing the back half of the defensive backfield seemed to be one key in the defensive improvement. in my
opinion the biggest factor in improving the defense was the offensive and special teams improvement. As the season
progressed offense started protecting the ball better and sustaining drives, and the special teams cut down on its
miscues.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas