• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 7A teams 2015/16

Started by jking7, March 15, 2015, 01:28:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jking7

I know it's early but who do you guys think are the top 5 or so teams for next season?

Cabotred

In no order

BV
FV
VB
FSNS
NLR

That is from what I saw at 7A state tournament and returning players.

MarionBlueDevil

I imagine it's Bentonville's to lose to next year. Fayetteville should be alright too.

I like Springdale Har-Ber. North Little Rock is losing a lot though.

AT

Bentonville, VB, Northside, North Little Rock, and Fayetteville are my favorites.

Grizzlyfan

Northside loses a ton of seniors and production.  They still have the sparkplug in Devin Brewer and they have some really good sophomores to be.  But it could definitely be a down year while the youngsters acclimate.

DerekOxford

Fayetteville has most of its nucleus back except for O'Grady, and he really didn't contribute much until late in the season anyway because he was in football until mid-December.

I think they will make it, there's a good chance they'll play Bentonville.

gojackets14

Bentonville will have 3 good players, one being really good.
Fayetteville should be good. They only lose O'Grady, but bring back their best 2 players.
NLR loses 3 seniors.
Northside loses a lot of seniors. May be a rough year for the Grizzlies.
VB should be solid with the Dye/Smith combo. Is the other post kid a senior?

jking7

Quote from: gojackets14 on March 16, 2015, 11:13:56 am
Bentonville will have 3 good players, one being really good.
Fayetteville should be good. They only lose O'Grady, but bring back their best 2 players.
NLR loses 3 seniors.
Northside loses a lot of seniors. May be a rough year for the Grizzlies.
VB should be solid with the Dye/Smith combo. Is the other post kid a senior?
out of the other 2 post players VB has one was a 10th grader this year and the one I'm guessing your talking about is a junior. The starting 5 VB had in the state tourny will all return next season.

businesstron

1. Fayetteville -- Return Willis, Breathit, Wymer Spencer Brown, August Carston basically     everyoone except O' Grady....Most of their team is back.  They might be the run a way favorite.

2. Bentonville -- Return Monk, Robinson, and Hemphill.. Lose Hunter Loy, Trent Carter, Ben Smith and Daniel Head.  Those will be big losses.  Monk alone makes them number 2 but they are going the miss the outside shooting of Loy, Carter and Smith.  They'll also miss Smith's size and Head's defense. 

3. Van Buren -- Return their whole starting line up.  Lose The Harms Bros...well the lost them before the tournament so it's not really a loss.  They should be dominant.

4. North Little Rock -- Adrian Moore and everyone not named KJ Hill, Kevaugn Allen and Sam Dunkem will be back.   Lose...KJ Hill, Kevaugn Allen and Sam Dunkem.  They'll still be a decent team with alot of athlicism and some size.....They won't be as good as they were though. 

5. Northside  -- Tevin Brewer and  Brennon Lewis will be back.  They lose Shakari Jones, Dedric Patterson, Stephen Barron, Tyler Tripplett and Keyshawn Dorsey.   They lose alot but with the amount of people they play off the bench they usually do a good job of reloading.  They won't be as good as the last two years and they could be below .500 by the time Conference play rolls around but they could still finish in the top half before all is said and done.

6. Heritage -- Lexus Hobbs, Julian Jenson, Marcus Breedlove and Dane Olsen return.  They lose Connor Hirsch.  They shouldn't have too much of a drop off.  They should be solid.

7. Harber -- Avery Benson and JP Brandon will return.  They lose Eckwood, Mason Cline, and Mason Mcnee.  Tevin Eckwood should be decent, pare that with Benson and they should be okay..

Bryant should be good as well.  They started most sophmores and junior.  I was impressed by a few of their playes (Tony Hunt being one of them)  in their game against Heritage.  They could shoot up higher.

Cabotred

If you are basing next years results on returning players Cabot has to be considered. Only had one seniors on the team.  Returning 98% of their scoring. Rowe, Southerland and Dixon (Jrs this year) started and played major minutes as sophomores. Probably accounted for 75% or more of scoring this years.  The balance of scoring was by two sophomores that matured nicely this year.  The senior class next year should have 8 members, if we can get a couple of those guys to step up and help with depth issues we will be better than years past. 

Burks

1. BV
2. FV
3. VB
4. Bryant - return all 5 starters and top 5 off bench
5. North side
6. NLR - will be down next season, nowhere close to last 3 teams

Sleeper/LR Central has the talent but questionable coaching

gojackets14

I think the 7A as a whole will be down next year. This year was deeper than usual.

cantbeataeagle

Cabot has to be in the mix. They added Matt Stanley who has showed out at Peach Jam this week. Heard Roy Williams was high on him.

rammer

Cabot is not known as a basketball school, but they could be a team to watch out for this year. They started out 10-2 last year including a 17 point win over a good Maumelle team at the Beebe tournament. Then they lost 3 of their top players to injury. Return 1 all state player in Hunter Southerland, 2 all conference players in Garrett Rowe and Jared Dixon. Return guards Bobby Duncan and Jarrod Barnes, who was all state in football and may be the most athletic player to ever play for Cabot in any sport. Also return forward Logan Gilbertson, who was a scoring threat off the bench last year.  Matt Stanley will be a great addition to Cabot. Not predicting a state championship, but this will be a good team with a lot of depth this year.

Cool Lids

I just moved here. Who this area got besides Monk and Willis? I mean northwest Arkansas.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas