• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All conf teams

Started by Razorback Red, February 16, 2015, 11:16:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Just for fun, who would be your starting 5 if you had to pick an all-conf team?

From the Central, obviously you would have Allen and Mitchell, but I'll leave the rest to the guys that know that conf better than I do.  Prob KJ in there as well.

From the West, here is my take:

Monk
Willis
Owens
Eckwood
Hirsch

Not a lot of inside game, but a very athletic squad.  You could add Smith from Bville, 2 bigs from Fville and a big from NS, along with Brewer from NS and have a squad. 

A-Good-One

February 16, 2015, 11:19:52 am #1 Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:32:23 am by Dr Chim Ritchalds
West:
Monk, Owens, Willis, Eckwood, Jones

Second-team:
Brewer, Hirsch, Hobbs, Cline, Smith/Patterson

Central:
Smith, Allen, Hill, Harms, Lee

Yep. All of three teams have players from the Central.

sprtsfan

Allen and Hill don't play in Central...I assume you are talking about NLR Allen and Hill

A-Good-One

For playoff purposes, I suppose Central/East combination. Good point, though.

sprtsfan

IMO, Dye has been the catalyst for VB this season.  I would put him on the team over Harms.  Again, just my two cents.

A-Good-One

I could but that. Dye is the reason this year's Pointers are better than last year's.

jking7

Quote from: sprtsfan on February 16, 2015, 12:06:30 pm
IMO, Dye has been the catalyst for VB this season.  I would put him on the team over Harms.  Again, just my two cents.
I agree! Harms is a very good player but without Dye we would have for sure lost a few more games this year.

sprtsfan

Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on February 16, 2015, 11:19:52 am
West:
Monk, Owens, Willis, Eckwood, Jones

Second-team:
Brewer, Hirsch, Hobbs, Cline, Smith/Patterson

Central:
Smith, Allen, Hill, Harms, Lee

Yep. All of three teams have players from the Central.

Fixed that for ya..... :o

OldCoach1

Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on February 16, 2015, 12:12:52 pm
I could but that. Dye is the reason this year's Pointers are better than last year's.

Chim, I think you made some solid picks right off the cuff. Hirsch or Hobbs would have to be considered for the 1st team as well as Brewer. I think alot depends on the final two weeks and as you point out there are 10 to 12 kids deserving.   I think you had the Central correct the first time but I think Dye and Moore would be next two in and same as above last two weeks are needed to make a final selection.  IMO,  I have seen the Pointers 6 times this year (much more last when they were in the West) and I think the potential talent is better with this year's Pointers but the execution and chemistry was MUCH better last year.  After Smith, the Pointer run at State is dependent on Harms, not Dye.  Dye is a spark plug but not the engine.

Regardless of who is 1st team take these top 8 to 10 kids from each conference and play a game.  WHAT A GAME!!!!!

Tripod1

Dye has been the biggest difference maker for VB this season.  He gives them quickness they haven't had before. He finds ways to make his teammates better.  One tough kid.

Tripod1

Quote from: OldCoach1 on February 17, 2015, 11:25:24 am

Chim, I think you made some solid picks right off the cuff. Hirsch or Hobbs would have to be considered for the 1st team as well as Brewer. I think alot depends on the final two weeks and as you point out there are 10 to 12 kids deserving.   I think you had the Central correct the first time but I think Dye and Moore would be next two in and same as above last two weeks are needed to make a final selection.  IMO,  I have seen the Pointers 6 times this year (much more last when they were in the West) and I think the potential talent is better with this year's Pointers but the execution and chemistry was MUCH better last year.  After Smith, the Pointer run at State is dependent on Harms, not Dye.  Dye is a spark plug but not the engine.

Regardless of who is 1st team take these top 8 to 10 kids from each conference and play a game.  WHAT A GAME!!!!!
If the Pointers run at State is dependent on Harms then they may not have a run.  Things have happened that is not good news for Pointer fans.

sprtsfan

Quote from: Tripod1 on February 17, 2015, 11:30:51 am

If the Pointers run at State is dependent on Harms then they may not have a run.  Things have happened that is not good news for Pointer fans.

Yep...

A-Good-One

I lean Harms because of his scoring ability. Dye can score, but his points are either coming on the dribble-drive or at the line. If he could shoot like his brother, he'd be an animal. I don't know the situation with Harms, but if something's up, that's probably not good. There's no true scorer behind Smith if he's out of sorts or whatever.

jking7

Quote from: Tripod1 on February 17, 2015, 11:30:51 am

What are these things? Did something happen to Harms??

sprtsfan

[/quote]  What are these things? Did something happen to Harms??
[/quote]

Sent you a PM

Grizzlyfan

Sounds like the VB basketball team is now light two Harms.

Burks

In the Central, Bryant's Kevin Hunt deserves recognition.

jking7

Quote from: Burks on February 17, 2015, 06:16:34 pm
In the Central, Bryant's Kevin Hunt deserves recognition.
I agree he deserves reconition,not sure he would end in my final 5 but I've seen him play 2 times (against VB and Alma)He is a solid player for sure.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas