• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bentonville Lady Tigers/MalikMonks @ Northside Grizzlies....

Started by CincyGuyintheFort, February 10, 2015, 11:42:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CincyGuyintheFort

Figure a thread may need to be started for this game tonight. it should be a great one. I think NS may get em tonight. I know ill be there, and ill be there at about 530 so I can get a decent seat. Cause it is going to be sold out jammed pack by 615 I guarantee it, if not sooner.
I am calling it Northside wins 66-63 but Monk has 30 with a sick dunk or 2.

In the girls game, I just think that the Lady Grizz are rolling now and I see them winning tonight kinda easily, bout 55-42

TigerHawg

I agree the girls side might fall on this one. However I think Monk had a "poor' showing in the last game (and by poor, would have been outstanding for any other player) so I think he will be out to show out tonight. Ill put the B-ville boys up by 3

CincyGuyintheFort

Lol yeah. A "poor" showing by him could be a career night for a normal player. He's far from normal. I saw LeBron play once in HS and I saw OJ Mayo like 5-6 times and Monk plays an above the rim game which even them 2 at that point didnt do like he does.

No I am not saying Malik is better than LeBron before anyone gets that idea out of this. But he foes play way above the rim. Its an incredible thing to watch in a HS setting

businesstron

Poor Showing?  Malik killed...no murdered Northside.  Outside of the 50 point performance in Branson that might've been one of his best games of the year.....he almost outscore Northside alone.  The last time I've seen Northside get beat that bad was when Bentonville (with Nick Smith) destroyed them in the playoffs a couple of years ago.

It looks like Northside is playing closer to the way they were in the Coca Cola classic. I think it will definitely be a better game....probably the best game of the week.   

CincyGuyintheFort

Oh I dont know about what exactly he did last time vs. NS. I was just going off what the other person said. But it is a sold out jammed pack environment here tonight .

Right now Bentonville giving the Lady Bears all they can handle. Northside leads 43-41 with 3 min to go in the game

TigerHawg

Quote from: businesstron on February 10, 2015, 04:31:15 pm
Poor Showing?  Malik killed...no murdered Northside.  Outside of the 50 point performance in Branson that might've been one of his best games of the year.....he almost outscore Northside alone.  The last time I've seen Northside get beat that bad was when Bentonville (with Nick Smith) destroyed them in the playoffs a couple of years ago.

It looks like Northside is playing closer to the way they were in the Coca Cola classic. I think it will definitely be a better game....probably the best game of the week.

I used 'poor' in quotes because that was being thrown around by commentators who thought he was performing below expectations. I was at the game and I thought he played like his normal self but the team around him was in sync a little more as well.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: TigerHawg on February 10, 2015, 11:46:25 am
I agree the girls side might fall on this one. However I think Monk had a "poor' showing in the last game (and by poor, would have been outstanding for any other player) so I think he will be out to show out tonight. Ill put the B-ville boys up by 3
Not a bad pick, TigerHawg.
Bentonville comes away with a 56-54 win, but the officiating was putrid at best. Any time I see those two certain refs, I cringe because I expect the worst. You could see it on Jason McMahan's face because he is usually pretty low-key, but he had his feathers ruffled in this one.

CincyGuyintheFort

I so agree, the old guy with the kinda square face, he is awful. And none of them refs know what a dang travel is, there were 4 called on monk that deff were not. He's just that good and makes moves that fast and takes huge steps. I almost felt like them refs last night had it out for Malik, like they wanted to show something, what exactly I'm not sure. But there were the 4 bogus travels and 2 fouls calls and one no call against him that were all just bad

TheMercenary

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on February 11, 2015, 01:03:23 pm
I so agree, the old guy with the kinda square face, he is awful. And none of them refs know what a dang travel is, there were 4 called on monk that deff were not. He's just that good and makes moves that fast and takes huge steps. I almost felt like them refs last night had it out for Malik, like they wanted to show something, what exactly I'm not sure. But there were the 4 bogus travels and 2 fouls calls and one no call against him that were all just bad

I thought the officials did pretty good, but everybody's got an opinion.....

One thing I have to say about Monk, that kid is a team player!  For a guy that scores the ball like he does, he knows how to share the basketball.

Also, Teven Brewer for Northside is a stud in his own right! 2nd best player on the floor last night at 5'6"

CincyGuyintheFort

Outside of the Monk calls I feel they did pretty good . Especially considering the amount of athleticism and quickness on that floor last night. And I totally agree he does not try to do it all his own, if the defense collapses towards him, he's a great passer, great vision. He's not just got unreal athleticism and skills, bit his basketball I.q. Is wonderful for being only 17.

Tevin Brewer is something else. His movements are so slick and smooth, and how he gets his shot off in the paint is a thing of beauty and he can shoot. Real nice.  Call me crazy, but 5-7 years from now I think BOTH them guys from last night are going to be getting paid to play this game. Monk is kinda like well yeah. But I really see something in Brewers game and he will only get better

businesstron

Quote from: TigerHawg on February 11, 2015, 06:44:19 am
Quote from: businesstron on February 10, 2015, 04:31:15 pm

I used 'poor' in quotes because that was being thrown around by commentators who thought he was performing below expectations. I was at the game and I thought he played like his normal self but the team around him was in sync a little more as well.

Man i wonder what those commentators were smoking on.  I was at the game too.  His support did get it going but he had more points alone then Northside by half time and in the second half he was more or less playing with them.  I've been to a couple of the other games and watched a few on the website so far but I think that might of been his most dominant game in conference.......but that's old news.

The game was as close as I figured it would be.  I won't be surprised if they meet in the playoffs.   Northside is the second best team in the west right now regardless of record but they'll probably end up a 3 or 4 see on Bentonville side of the bracket because of their bad start.

CincyGuyintheFort

I think Northside is without a doubt the second best team in the west. And I think they are one of 4-5 teams that realistically can win it all this year

Grizzlyfan

I hope the seedings allow for a Bentonville, Northside, VB, NLR semi final.

Razorback Red

Northside has improved a ton, but they lack a consistent inside game.  They are very reliant on hitting 3's.  I still think Bentonville, Harber and Fayetteville (now that O'Grady is in bball shape) are more complete.  I personally think Northside and Heritage will both struggle in the playoffs due to size. 

With that said, if NS is hot shooting the long ball, watch out. 

CincyGuyintheFort

February 12, 2015, 12:47:12 pm #14 Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 12:48:53 pm by CincyGuyintheFort
That makes sense. The #24 Stephen Barron(I think??) when he plays good, the Grizzlies roll. A little up & down tho. I think if NS centered their offense to suit Brewer more, it would really help. He is their best player. Him and the other smaller guard #1 play great off each other. I'd rank it right now; Bentonville, NLR, Northside, Fayetteville, Van Buren Har-Ber

A-Good-One

Heritage is loaded with size. Hobbs is the only guy they have below 6'2".

Razorback Red

Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on February 12, 2015, 01:30:44 pm
Heritage is loaded with size. Hobbs is the only guy they have below 6'2".
[/quote

6'2" is not the size I was referring to.  Heritage does not have a good inside game, with bigs.  They rely on the 3 and guard penetration.  Not sure they are a good matchup to teams with good inside play. 

A-Good-One

Ah. No inside game, you meant. Not no size. They're not terribly skilled on the inside but in the game they beat Northside all but five of their field goals came in the paint. More to do with Grizz god-awful defending that night though.

businesstron

Quote from: Razorback Red on February 12, 2015, 12:01:27 pm
Northside has improved a ton, but they lack a consistent inside game.  They are very reliant on hitting 3's.  I still think Bentonville, Harber and Fayetteville (now that O'Grady is in bball shape) are more complete.  I personally think Northside and Heritage will both struggle in the playoffs due to size. 

Northside will probably win out and get the second seed.  They've had to change the way they played a couple of times this season.   When they went on their run in December Brewer was coming off the bench and Dorsey(their best 3 pt shooter) was their leading scorer and best player averaging around 18-20  points agame.   When they lost him for a couple of games (right before the first Bentonville game)  that screwed up their chemistry and they took way too many 3s.    Once they got used to playing with two point guards in the back court they been pretty dominant.     If Brewer or Jones wants to go to the basket nobody in the conference outside of Malik is gonna stop them. 

I think they are decent on the inside.  #24 Baron isn't good on offense but he's a good defender.  He'll get a block or two and some rebounds. The other dude they have on the inside Patternson is decent as well.  He'll rebound the ball against most teams and he has a decent outside shot.  The only team that has alot of size inside in the 7a is Fayetteville and Van Buren.  Van Buren probably the only team that'll make Northside think about how they go to the basket.

They'll be okay when the playoffs come.  If they get Dorsey back to the level he was playing in December(he's coming off the bench now) and let Barron concentrate more on the defensive side they will easily make the semis. 

Fayettivelle is solid but Harber isn't as good as I thought they were.  They look good on paper but they aren't good defensively and if your physically with them they fold easily. 

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: businesstron on February 14, 2015, 05:55:42 pm
Quote from: Razorback Red on February 12, 2015, 12:01:27 pm

Northside will probably win out and get the second seed.  They've had to change the way they played a couple of times this season.   When they went on their run in December Brewer was coming off the bench and Dorsey(their best 3 pt shooter) was their leading scorer and best player averaging around 18-20  points agame.   When they lost him for a couple of games (right before the first Bentonville game)  that screwed up their chemistry and they took way too many 3s.    Once they got used to playing with two point guards in the back court they been pretty dominant.     If Brewer or Jones wants to go to the basket nobody in the conference outside of Malik is gonna stop them. 

I think they are decent on the inside.  #24 Baron isn't good on offense but he's a good defender.  He'll get a block or two and some rebounds. The other dude they have on the inside Patternson is decent as well.  He'll rebound the ball against most teams and he has a decent outside shot.  The only team that has alot of size inside in the 7a is Fayetteville and Van Buren.  Van Buren probably the only team that'll make Northside think about how they go to the basket.

They'll be okay when the playoffs come.  If they get Dorsey back to the level he was playing in December(he's coming off the bench now) and let Barron concentrate more on the defensive side they will easily make the semis. 

Fayettivelle is solid but Harber isn't as good as I thought they were.  They look good on paper but they aren't good defensively and if your physically with them they fold easily.
Patterson has some smooth moves for a big boy.

Razorback Red

February 16, 2015, 08:49:04 am #20 Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:17:18 am by Razorback Red
Is Patterson the left-handed big boy?  I really like his game, and he can hit the outside shot.  I think he should take the ball to the hole more.  From the 2 times I've watched him, he can draw fouls and complete plays. 

A-Good-One

He isn't exactly fast enough to take the ball to the hole. He's good on the block, grabbing putbacks or shooting Js. That's kind of it.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on February 16, 2015, 11:10:58 am
He isn't exactly fast enough to take the ball to the hole. He's good on the block, grabbing putbacks or shooting Js. That's kind of it.
He's sneaky fast.  And quick like a Ninja.

A-Good-One

He definitely has good feet around the rim. But driving the lane, taking guys off the dribble is about eighth on the list of his skills, I'd think.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas