• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NLR forfeits

Started by Brian G, February 05, 2015, 04:19:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: OlGuyWicker on February 07, 2015, 12:49:21 pm
I thought I herd  on drive time that UofA sent KJ Hill a commitment letter just in case he changed his mind?

Well, for one, I'd never trust anything from Drivetime, but I've read the same.

True Fan

That was the first I've heard of Thomas leaving. ;)  Probably about the same situation. Surely he was recruiting somebody.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2015, 01:14:03 pm
I thought I herd  on drive time that UofA sent KJ Hill a commitment letter just in case he changed his mind?

But I'm sure you trust everything that comes out of Bo's mouth, right? Haha

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on February 07, 2015, 06:30:00 pm

I've never listened to the show, except for an interview or two he's put up on SoundCloud. I listened to Bolding's attorney, I've listened to Long, and I've listened to Bielema from him. I don't listen to sports radio, I prefer Classic rock, haha.

voiceofthepanthers

All of the radio talk shows are as reliable as these message boards. In fact there is more unsubstantiated stories on here, hogville etc.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: AirWarren on February 07, 2015, 06:30:00 pm

Bo Mattingly ... one of the few Arkansas cheerleaders that isn't currently on scholarship at Fayetteville ... actually talking about something related to high school athletics? SHOCKING!!!!  :o :o :o

CincyGuyintheFort

Here's a real shocker, almost every big time high school and big time recruit and big time colleges are committing infractions on the regular. Big whoop a star players parents got paid. Such breaking news!
I cant wait til the day when the power conference say screw the NCAA and ford their own governing body

PASS

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on February 07, 2015, 11:59:02 pm
Here's a real shocker, almost every big time high school and big time recruit and big time colleges are committing infractions on the regular. Big whoop a star players parents got paid. Such breaking news!
I cant wait til the day when the power conference say screw the NCAA and ford their own governing body
Are you for real? I agree that infractions go on at a lot more than people know about, but to say big whoop like it doesn't matter is confusing to me. If a coach, athlete, university, high school or booster skirts the rules to help their team win, that IS cheating. Just the same as using performance enhancing drugs.
To me the problem is a culture issue. As a society we place these top athletes on a pedestal & cater to them. Sports is a tool to teach life lessons & help athletes learn to be better people and adults. Somewhere along the way the emphasis has become winning at all costs.
To the majority of coaches, administrators & parents who choose to do things by the book, I salute you. To that small minority who choose to break the rules to further your cause, I pray for you. Because one day the sports will be gone from your life & their will be nothing left to hang your hat on. You failed to learn the valuable life lessons that these great sports have to offer each and every one of us if we are willing to sacrifice self for the team.

CincyGuyintheFort

Your out of touch or in denial if you think it's only a "small minority" who do this stuff. In big time college athletics there is big time money and when big money is involved there's always gonna be rule skitters. And they are at every single major college program, and at a whole lot of big time high schools now days. All of em. If you think not, your in denial. My point is, there's a LOT more in the world we need to worry about than kids or their parents getting money to play sports. And in that sense it definitely is big whoop.
And hello, we are on a mostly HIGH SCHOOL sports message board, so me, you and everyone else on here are contributing to that "put on a pedestal" mentality. And frankly, that dont bother me.  And if it bothers you, then you my friend are a hypocrite

AT

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on February 08, 2015, 03:05:24 pm

Your out of touch or in denial if you think it's only a "small minority" who do this stuff. In big time college athletics there is big time money and when big money is involved there's always gonna be rule skitters. And they are at every single major college program, and at a whole lot of big time high schools now days. All of em. If you think not, your in denial. My point is, there's a LOT more in the world we need to worry about than kids or their parents getting money to play sports. And in that sense it definitely is big whoop.
And hello, we are on a mostly HIGH SCHOOL sports message board, so me, you and everyone else on here are contributing to that "put on a pedestal" mentality. And frankly, that dont bother me.  And if it bothers you, then you my friend are a hypocrite

This whole situation is about a high school, not college.

TheMercenary

Just so you know....PASS has a kid that would start on ANY High School in this state.....or, probably 99% of the HS in this country......no joke.

He probably knows a thing or two about recruiting.

AT

Your point:

"there's a LOT more in the world we need to worry about than kids or their parents getting money to play sports."

is a bad point. You can still worry about other things and enforce these rules in high school athletics.

You could say there's more to worry about for almost anything.

I'm also trying to wonder how it would make PASS a hypocrite to think these rules should be enforced unless you think PASS has accepted monetary donations to encourage their child to play sports at another school or if you think PASS has a child who has broken the transfer rules.

ricepig

Well, it's the way they do it in Cincy, so it's cool.......

Brian G

Incredible the things that people say on such matters.

always88

I believe the only thing being implied by The Mercenary is the fact that the majority of parents that have a gifted child playing sports has been "recruited" at some point during the childs career. No harm in that.

ricepig

Quote from: always88 on February 08, 2015, 05:19:03 pm
I believe the only thing being implied by The Mercenary is the fact that the majority of parents that have a gifted child playing sports has been "recruited" at some point during the childs career. No harm in that.

I would agree with this, starting at a young age.

Brian G

I have no trouble with Mercenary's statements.

smallybells

There is recruiting that goes on through just about every classification in Arkansas at some level. Some of the instances make the public, some do not. The AAA is under staffed and in other cases turns a blind eye. End of story.

Brian G

FreeMoney

Quote from: smallybells on February 08, 2015, 06:39:49 pm
There is recruiting that goes on through just about every classification in Arkansas at some level. Some of the instances make the public, some do not. The AAA is under staffed and in other cases turns a blind eye. End of story.
And OVERPAID. For as little as they actually do its shameful for those clowns to even think about cashing their paycheck. Want to have a little fun give one of them a call and just listen to the utter nonsense.

TheMercenary

Quote from: B.G. on February 08, 2015, 05:42:25 pm
I have no trouble with Mercenary's statements.

I know that wasn't directed at my comment....

I was only trying to point out to Cincy that PASS knows recruiting.

always88

Brian G

neds

Probably very different in Ohio. It varies state to state, enforcement & the ruling bodies

CincyGuyintheFort

February 09, 2015, 11:55:26 am #74 Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 12:01:18 pm by CincyGuyintheFort
Its the fact that there is all this so called "outrage" about this. And my points are basically this isn't a huge deal. Incentives for recruits happen everywhere, thats all I'm trying to say. So don't villify NLR and more specifically KJ Hill for getting his piece of the pie. I BY NO MEANS AM SAYING ITS OK TO DO. But it's just the reality of the times we live in.
And I understand, I am newer on here, I am not from here and I am not a follower, I have my own bold opinions, so I get the "get on him" mentality from a few people on here. But really i dont mind, talk crap about me, make fun of it, whatever. But in Cincinnati we have 4 all boy 1200-1500 student catholic private high schools, Moeller, St Xavier, Elder, LaSalle. And you wanna talk about recruiting, that's cut throat , real deal Holyfield , bus kids in from Indiana and Kentucky type stuff. I went to Elder and have many a friend who went to the other schools. I know a little bit about it too. My best friends Dad got hooked up with a sweet job at a dealership owned by one of them private schools biggest booster. And guess where my buddy ended up going? I am just saying I know a bit about this stuff too.  Just like with anything illegal, some get caught, but most don't .

Honestly the thing that got me going on this was I was reading the comments on twitter that these "hog fans" had about KJ, the nasty, vulgar awful comments about him. The kid is in high school. People who say those things and act like that need to come out from hiding from behind the computer. Cause no matter what happens, there is no reason to call people out their name over prep sports matters.

but i stick by my opinions, they may be unpopular but they are mine. And I attend 3-4 games per week, I'm always wearing either my neon green Adidas' or UK or Cincy gear. So if anyone wants to talk HS hoops or whatever , come holler at me. I dont mind.I like having discussions over stuff that I may not be fully educated on. I am always down for getting new knowledge and information from different perspectives. And plus,its a lot easier to get your thoughts out talking than thru a computer

mack

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on February 09, 2015, 11:55:26 am
Its the fact that there is all this so called "outrage" about this. And my points are basically this isn't a huge deal. Incentives for recruits happen everywhere, thats all I'm trying to say. So don't villify NLR and more specifically KJ Hill for getting his piece of the pie. I BY NO MEANS AM SAYING ITS OK TO DO. But it's just the reality of the times we live in.
And I understand, I am newer on here, I am not from here and I am not a follower, I have my own bold opinions, so I get the "get on him" mentality from a few people on here. But really i dont mind, talk crap about me, make fun of it, whatever. But in Cincinnati we have 4 all boy 1200-1500 student catholic private high schools, Moeller, St Xavier, Elder, LaSalle. And you wanna talk about recruiting, that's cut throat , real deal Holyfield , bus kids in from Indiana and Kentucky type stuff. I went to Elder and have many a friend who went to the other schools. I know a little bit about it too. My best friends Dad got hooked up with a sweet job at a dealership owned by one of them private schools biggest booster. And guess where my buddy ended up going? I am just saying I know a bit about this stuff too.  Just like with anything illegal, some get caught, but most don't .

Honestly the thing that got me going on this was I was reading the comments on twitter that these "hog fans" had about KJ, the nasty, vulgar awful comments about him. The kid is in high school. People who say those things and act like that need to come out from hiding from behind the computer. Cause no matter what happens, there is no reason to call people out their name over prep sports matters.

but i stick by my opinions, they may be unpopular but they are mine. And I attend 3-4 games per week, I'm always wearing either my neon green Adidas' or UK or Cincy gear. So if anyone wants to talk HS hoops or whatever , come holler at me. I dont mind.I like having discussions over stuff that I may not be fully educated on. I am always down for getting new knowledge and information from different perspectives. And plus,its a lot easier to get your thoughts out talking than thru a computer

Everybody gets on everybody on here.  It's not specific. 

As a lifetime NLR fan, it is a huge deal to me.  It's embarassing to defend your alma mater against allegations, then find out it was happening all along.  I don't lay the blame at the feet of 17 year old KJ Hill, but at the feet of the adults who allegedly orchestrated this debacle, namely his step- dad and coach Bolding.  I would rather lose to every NWA team plus Cabot every year, than win by cheating.  I understand the get your piece of the pie mentality in college athletics, but not in high school. 

CincyGuyintheFort

I respect that Mack. I can understand your discontent for the situation. I really dont know what I would think if a star 4 star recruit athlete at my alma mater had the same type of stuff going on . But being a UK fan. I already know what's up in the college game, and I am numb to it anymore. Like PEDs in sports,I am at the point now where I'm numb to it . It's like big whoop, another one. Cause soooo many do it.
But with you saying the lose every game over cheating to win. I get that in other situations. Older kids, kids that dont got the grades, kids that are in trouble with the law, ect.  I know what happens ain't right but he was still completely eligible, has the grades,ect. Does anyone get what I am saying with that ??

PASS

Cincy, I disagree with a lot of what you are saying, but I do agree with you about beating these kids down. I am a Razorback fan. Played basketball there. My dad played basketball there. But I find it very suspect that all this info just happened to come out after KJ chose to go to OSU instead of Arkansas. I can't help but feel there is a connection. If actions are wrong, then they are wrong not matter what school he attends. As far as people bad mouthing kids for not choosing Arkansas: believe it or not, Arkansas isn't the best fit for every athlete from this state. Every athlete needs to explore the opportunities at each university & find the school that best meets the needs he has. I want athletes at U of A that WANT to be Razorbacks. Not ones that feel they have to be because they are from here. I wish KJ nothing but the best. GO HOGS!!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: PASS on February 09, 2015, 04:14:29 pm
Cincy, I disagree with a lot of what you are saying, but I do agree with you about beating these kids down. I am a Razorback fan. Played basketball there. My dad played basketball there. But I find it very suspect that all this info just happened to come out after KJ chose to go to OSU instead of Arkansas. I can't help but feel there is a connection. If actions are wrong, then they are wrong not matter what school he attends. As far as people bad mouthing kids for not choosing Arkansas: believe it or not, Arkansas isn't the best fit for every athlete from this state. Every athlete needs to explore the opportunities at each university & find the school that best meets the needs he has. I want athletes at U of A that WANT to be Razorbacks. Not ones that feel they have to be because they are from here. I wish KJ nothing but the best. GO HOGS!!!!!

I agree with this 100%. As far as the timing, it was coming out regardless of where KJ chose to play.

CathywithaC

Quote from: ricepig on February 09, 2015, 04:53:24 pm

I agree with this 100%. As far as the timing, it was coming out regardless of where KJ chose to play.
i think KJ's college decision and Bolding's exposure are two totally separate occurrences with one rotten common denominator, that Cecil Newton wanna-be stepdad.

ricepig

Quote from: CathywithaC on February 09, 2015, 05:40:50 pm

i think KJ's college decision and Bolding's exposure are two totally separate occurrences with one rotten common denominator, that Cecil Newton wanna-be stepdad.

Not according to Cecil Jr........Montez Peterson comes out of hiding http://t.co/jk9FeeWxjH

Brian G

I first heard of a Bolding issue on 1/19. I had a tip on the forfeits on 1/22.

CathywithaC

Quote from: ricepig on February 09, 2015, 05:53:30 pm

Not according to Cecil Jr........Montez Peterson comes out of hiding http://t.co/jk9FeeWxjH
i'm gonna call BS on this tweet and I'd be very careful about trying to connect the Hogs to this mess that super stepdad and BOLDING created.

CathywithaC

Quote from: B.G. on February 09, 2015, 06:04:31 pm
you're late to the party!!  There have been Bolding issues for years.

ricepig

Quote from: CathywithaC on February 09, 2015, 06:18:39 pm

i'm gonna call BS on this tweet and I'd be very careful about trying to connect the Hogs to this mess that super stepdad and BOLDING created.

Say it ain't so, Cecil Jr would spin something his way?

Brian G

Quote from: CathywithaC on February 09, 2015, 06:20:12 pm
Quote from: B.G. on February 09, 2015, 06:04:31 pm
you're late to the party!!  There have been Bolding issues for years.
Well, I hear that!

Other than the Facebook post(which I read within 24 hours), I'm just pointing out that the there is not as much of a "all of sudden" nature to each part of these stories.  Which I do think are only lightly connected.

CathywithaC

Quote from: ricepig on February 09, 2015, 06:20:33 pm

Peddle your kid for $600 and a $19k job and then try to spin your mess to your favor---yep, I think he might!

ricepig

Quote from: CathywithaC on February 09, 2015, 06:23:59 pm

Peddle your kid for $600 and a $19k job and then try to spin your mess to your favor---yep, I think he might!

So, you feel confident that there's only $600??

Brian G

February 09, 2015, 07:03:10 pm #88 Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 07:36:32 pm by B.G.
Some hard scuttlebutt saying he's in dutch over his old apartment and openly solicited donations for rent to the newest place.

Several people are likely to come forward to offer up "quotes" that will show intent and a strong nerve.

CathywithaC

Quote from: ricepig on February 09, 2015, 06:59:29 pm

nope!

CathywithaC

nope

The TruthSayer

Quote from: Cabotred on February 05, 2015, 09:08:39 pm
Quote from: ricepig on February 05, 2015, 09:03:26 pm
Quote from: B.G. on February 05, 2015, 08:53:31 pm
Exactly.

They will forfeit conference too.

Good deal, except we don't put up banners for conference titles in basketball, barely have room for the 11 state championship ones. Now, football and baseball, we've got room, lots of room.

You all do need a new arena..........  Just saying

I would rather have a sage old gal as an arena with 11 State Championship banners than a 4-5 year old arena with no banners!!!!  Well, you do have that 1 girls banner!!!!

TigerHawg

Quote from: CathywithaC on February 09, 2015, 07:09:20 pm

nope!

I'm still thinking there is ALOT more to this then is out yet, and I think Coach B saw that writing on the wall and pushed for Reed over Hill at that point. 

Cabotred

Quote from: The TruthSayer on February 09, 2015, 08:21:01 pm
Quote from: Cabotred on February 05, 2015, 09:08:39 pm
Quote from: ricepig on February 05, 2015, 09:03:26 pm
Quote from: B.G. on February 05, 2015, 08:53:31 pm
Exactly.

They will forfeit conference too.

Good deal, except we don't put up banners for conference titles in basketball, barely have room for the 11 state championship ones. Now, football and baseball, we've got room, lots of room.

You all do need a new arena..........  Just saying

I would rather have a sage old gal as an arena with 11 State Championship banners than a 4-5 year old arena with no banners!!!!  Well, you do have that 1 girls banner!!!!

I agree with you. And I don't see one for the boys at least in the near future. Girls could make deep run this year and should be in top 5 preseason next.

CincyGuyintheFort

And its perfectly ok that we agree to disagree. Our perspectives are coming from different experiences and backgrounds so I have zero problem with that. Nothing wrong with having good, argumentive discussion's without resorting to the low blows that some posters on here pull.
The bad mouthing of kids on social media has to stop. I have trouble even saying these kids played bad cause they are only 15-18 year old KIDS. These 30 year old, jobless schmucks that live in their moms double wide still who bash these kids is ridiculous. I wish they would do it from outside the anonymity of a message board or twitter, ya know? It just really irks me

Brian G

Sounds like a bash against 30 year olds and double wides.

Throw a blanket over everyone why don't you?

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on February 10, 2015, 01:15:02 pm
Sounds like a bash against 30 year olds and double wides.

Throw a blanket over everyone why don't you?

That, and we're the only fan base with double aides.....

CincyGuyintheFort

Well I cant say basement cause hardly any houses have basements here, which is another story.... At least I have credit for a double wide and not just a regular.

ricepig

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on February 10, 2015, 03:00:50 pm
Well I cant say basement cause hardly any houses have basements here, which is another story.... At least I have credit for a double wide and not just a regular.

I've lived in 4 houses since graduating college 35 years ago, 3 have had basements. Also, the well to do have triple sides, haha.

CathywithaC

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2015, 03:36:57 pm
Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on February 10, 2015, 03:00:50 pm

I've lived in 4 houses since graduating college 35 years ago, 3 have had basements. Also, the well to do have triple sides, haha.
and don't forget, we have a double-wide, double-decker Presidential library!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas