• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Channel 7 coach of the year class 2-a

Started by Str8thug, January 09, 2015, 03:57:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Str8thug

Congrats to Vick Barrett. 
Poyen high school!!!
Building a great program down there!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

He won a coach of the year award for the entire 2A?

That's kind of a weird pick.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 09, 2015, 05:37:38 pm

A Little Rock Station picking a coach with a  good turn around season at a school fairly close to Little Rock? ...What's weird about it? LoL

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on January 09, 2015, 09:34:50 pm

A Little Rock Station picking a coach with a  good turn around season at a school fairly close to Little Rock? ...What's weird about it? LoL

Idk, just figured there are better ones to choose from. Conway Christian, Hazen, Brinkley, Des Arc.

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 09, 2015, 10:13:49 pm

Idk, just figured there are better ones to choose from. Conway Christian, Hazen, Brinkley, Des Arc.

Pick, he is a great guy, and a good Coach. I think you have to remember that Poyen has not been playing football very long, and he has them in the playoffs on a regular basis.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on January 10, 2015, 12:45:01 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 09, 2015, 10:13:49 pm

Pick, he is a great guy, and a good Coach. I think you have to remember that Poyen has not been playing football very long, and he has them in the playoffs on a regular basis.

Cheek, you're a good guy too, but that doesn't make you coach of the year. ;D

They have won 17 games in 5 seasons. They won 7 games in a what turned out to be a not so strong conference. I could understand it if they won the conference or made a run in the playoffs. They struggled to beat a bad marked tree team in first round and got beat in 2nd round. I would say there was a better choice in y'alls conference. But it is what it is.

HorseFeathers

exceeding expectations is more worthy of awards than just meeting them. that's why i figure carpenter at junction doesn't win every year

Dragon I

LOL!  It has to be bad for a man's health when State Champioships are the expectation! 

cuz

Quote from: Dragon I on January 10, 2015, 11:15:05 am
LOL!  It has to be bad for a man's health when State Champioships are the expectation!
I think coaching in general is bad for a Person's health. To win this I'm sorta like pick, a Coach should at least make a good showing. Then again this could be Coach of the Year for Channel 7 area............ ;DCoach Carpenter really doesn't need a award, he just lets his teams do the talking for him. He's a humble man as most good Coaches are. His record and his teams speak for him. But that doesn't mean he should win Coach of the year every year. Look at Hector's coach and what he's accomplished is a short time as one example. That's more impressive than a lot of coaches. But coaches coach for years and have winning seasons and then they make a run for a while and get criticized more than acknowledged so go figure. Coach of the year is more than a coach he's a molder of young men......... ;)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

How many times did Frank McClellan (?) win C.O.Y. with his run at Barton?

playmaker04

Cross County skull dragged them 42-7 in round 2 of playoffs. Odd pick.

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas