• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next season's top 5 prediction for each conference

Started by jbtiger73, December 18, 2014, 11:59:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

Quote from: jbtiger73 on January 09, 2015, 09:56:27 am
Quote from: Lions84 on January 08, 2015, 01:32:33 pm
I hope this fall is a break through year for Clarendon and Coach Thrash.
The lions will have a few skill players, but definitely lose a lot with Knox & Lowery leaving. but Thrash's influence and will to want to win, I could see the lions fighting for that 5 spot. the real wild card here is PW. they have the talent and size up front. but every time those undefeated jr. high squads make it to sr. high, they always seem to fizzle out. same situation coming up for the 2015 season. this group of seniors were conf. runner-up's to England back in jr. high. so who knows what to expect from them.

That what got 2 of our FB Coaches fired about 8 year a go in the HS level we had a 8 years of JR undefeated seasons and only 4 winning seasons and no district titles.

Tigerdad2

jbtiger73

I've always tried to tell people on here that jr. high success doesn't mean a hill of crap when it comes to sr. high success. it all about coaching and player development. if a player is done developing after their 9th grade year, and doesn't do anything to add on or make themselves better after their development, then it's not going to end up on a positive note for the player or team. we had that when I played, during my 8th grade year, we went 3-4-1. when my junior year hit, with that same team, but playing different positions due to body changes and development, we finished as conf. champs with a 12-2 record. and it's happened in reverse in Brinkley as well.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jbtiger73 on January 09, 2015, 04:34:37 pm
I've always tried to tell people on here that jr. high success doesn't mean a hill of crap when it comes to sr. high success. it all about coaching and player development. if a player is done developing after their 9th grade year, and doesn't do anything to add on or make themselves better after their development, then it's not going to end up on a positive note for the player or team. we had that when I played, during my 8th grade year, we went 3-4-1. when my junior year hit, with that same team, but playing different positions due to body changes and development, we finished as conf. champs with a 12-2 record. and it's happened in reverse in Brinkley as well.

During the late 90's Hector never was very good in Junior high and the class of '99 graduated with a 32-7 record...lol

JackofallTrades

7-2A
Lafayette County
Gurdon
Mout Ida
Murf.
Mineral Springs

7-2A
Gurdon
Lafayette County
Mount Ida
Mineral Spings
Murf.

7-2A
Gurdon
Mt. Ida
LC
Murf
Mineral

It Could go either one of these ways but if I had to choose i would go with the first one..all three teams at the top are all going to be very tough but i give the edge to LC by having both Gurdon and Mt. Ida at Home this upcoming season but I could be wrong.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: JackofallTrades on January 20, 2015, 02:32:46 pm
7-2A
Lafayette County
Gurdon
Mout Ida
Murf.
Mineral Springs

7-2A
Gurdon
Lafayette County
Mount Ida
Mineral Spings
Murf.

7-2A
Gurdon
Mt. Ida
LC
Murf
Mineral

It Could go either one of these ways but if I had to choose i would go with the first one..all three teams at the top are all going to be very tough but i give the edge to LC by having both Gurdon and Mt. Ida at Home this upcoming season but I could be wrong.
I understand where you're coming from. But I don't think Tre Burks can out score everyone. If they beat Gurdon theyll win the 7-2A. If they don't then I see them 2-3 range. But I don't think Gurdon will pull it off. I mean Harvell is back but he can't do it by hiself either.

JackofallTrades

Good point Wolfpack..I think Burks people around him will be better this upcoming season which may make a difference because they didn't lose anybody on Offense as starters..they lost two main starters on Defense and two rotational guys..this all coming from my buddy that lives in the area he follows the cougars pretty tough kind of like me but i wasn't sure about the returners until we talked

Wolfpack68

Quote from: JackofallTrades on January 21, 2015, 08:12:01 am
Good point Wolfpack..I think Burks people around him will be better this upcoming season which may make a difference because they didn't lose anybody on Offense as starters..they lost two main starters on Defense and two rotational guys..this all coming from my buddy that lives in the area he follows the cougars pretty tough kind of like me but i wasn't sure about the returners until we talked
If Lafayette can have several young and talented players make an impact, LC would be pretty good. I know they had a small program and not much depth, but I like to see smaller sized(as in # of players) teams do well. It would also work into their Triple Option system so opposing defenses would have to worry about 3-4 run threats. Sounds like there will be more competition in the 7-2A.

M.I. D

Mount Ida looses 1 offensive starter that was important and 1 on defense. Both the same kid. I don't see how you can rank them 3rd with a TON of experience coming back. They return everyone but 1 kid and he was a tackle and defensive end. They move up some kids that will be 10th graders that could provide some depth. I think the top 3 in this conference will be solid teams but it will likely come down to Gurdon and Mount Ida. LC will play a role because they have all the tough teams at home but if their defense doesn't improve tremendously they will be 3rd.

crmorrow24

Quote from: M.I. D on January 22, 2015, 11:33:51 am
Mount Ida looses 1 offensive starter that was important and 1 on defense. Both the same kid. I don't see how you can rank them 3rd with a TON of experience coming back. They return everyone but 1 kid and he was a tackle and defensive end. They move up some kids that will be 10th graders that could provide some depth. I think the top 3 in this conference will be solid teams but it will likely come down to Gurdon and Mount Ida. LC will play a role because they have all the tough teams at home but if their defense doesn't improve tremendously they will be 3rd.
Mt. Ida is my pick to win the conference next year.  Should have won it this year!

Wolfpack68

Well when you put it like that, it sounds like MI will be good as well. Should be very interesting in 2015.

Bigditchlion

Quote from: Bagheera on December 19, 2014, 11:31:46 am
5-2A

1. Magnet Cove
2. Conway Christian
3. England
4. Bigelow
5. Poyen
6. Cutter
7. Quitman
8. Mt Pine

Remember those 2 ya have higher than England are home games for England, As well as poyen. We have 21 juniors that saw a lot of pt as well as some very good seniors and beast of incoming sophmore's. These next 2 years will be good for england!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigditchlion on January 29, 2015, 08:12:37 am
5-2A

1. Magnet Cove
2. Conway Christian
3. England
4. Bigelow
5. Poyen
6. Cutter
7. Quitman
8. Mt Pine

Remember those 2 ya have higher than England are home games for England, As well as poyen. We have 21 juniors that saw a lot of pt as well as some very good seniors and beast of incoming sophmore's. These next 2 years will be good for england!

I think this season has made folks leery of picking England higher...

beach bum

Quote from: HF on January 29, 2015, 05:15:28 pm
5-2A

1. Magnet Cove
2. Conway Christian
3. England
4. Bigelow
5. Poyen
6. Cutter
7. Quitman
8. Mt Pine

I completely agree with you there.. And, their past as a whole makes people leery. England always seems to have some quality teams, as well in others sports obviously. However, if you don't get it done come playoff time nothing else matters. The 5-2A is a fun conference right now because they don't have any juggernauts, but they have 5 very quality teams in Magnet Cove, Poyen, Bigelow, England, and Conway Christian...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on January 29, 2015, 05:33:36 pm
5-2A

1. Magnet Cove
2. Conway Christian
3. England
4. Bigelow
5. Poyen
6. Cutter
7. Quitman
8. Mt Pine

I completely agree with you there.. And, their previous season before that make people leery. England always seems to have some quality teams as well in others sports obviously. However, if you don't get it done come playoff time nothing else matters. The 5-2A is a fun conference right now because they don't have any juggernauts, but they have 5 very quality teams in Magnet Cove, Poyen, Bigelow, England, and Conway Christian... I follow Bigelow for personal reasons.

I was meaning the not getting it done in the regular season this year...

beach bum

Quote from: HF on January 29, 2015, 05:35:17 pm
Quote from: beach bum on January 29, 2015, 05:33:36 pm
5-2A

1. Magnet Cove
2. Conway Christian
3. England
4. Bigelow
5. Poyen
6. Cutter
7. Quitman
8. Mt Pine

I completely agree with you there.. And, their previous season before that make people leery. England always seems to have some quality teams as well in others sports obviously. However, if you don't get it done come playoff time nothing else matters. The 5-2A is a fun conference right now because they don't have any juggernauts, but they have 5 very quality teams in Magnet Cove, Poyen, Bigelow, England, and Conway Christian... I follow Bigelow for personal reasons.

I was meaning the not getting it done in the regular season this year...

That too. They did lose 2 conference games. And EPC is a tough first round draw but England did not even make it out of the 1st round.

Bigditchlion

Conway Christian had the best line by far that we faced.  Epc was just better plain and simple. There is a long time before season but I can tell ya with this group, england has a good look at winning a bunch of games over the next couple of years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas