• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Saddest time of the year.

Started by Lions84, December 17, 2014, 09:29:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

From the end of the Playoffs till Spring Ball is the Saddest time if the year for me.

I love and enjoy the Holidays but I really miss HS Football.

Outloud

Holidays are not my favorite!!! Just hibernate til baseball season!!!!

big E

Or spend your time roaming around the mississippi delta after deer and ducks and turkey. Thats what I do.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Outloud on December 17, 2014, 11:01:22 am

Baseball? Is that a new sport...like soccer?

Wilson

Duck season is one of my 3 seasons. . there's high school/college football season, duck season, and finally baseball season . . the duck season ends about a week or 2 before pitchers and catchers report. . so i have a short down time ;)

dragondad

Quote from: HF on December 17, 2014, 08:48:27 pm

Oh my, you just became a slight favorite of mine.

Four seasons; Football, Deer, Duck and Off-season.

lionfan59

....Oh HF.... :'(

Hornet4ever

Deer season/Football season - holidays/duck season - turkey season/spring ball starts. Repeat. Lol

Cheek

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 19, 2014, 03:32:56 am
Deer season/Football season - holidays/duck season - turkey season/spring ball starts. Repeat. Lol

I agree.  Going Duck Humting this AM.

RiverEagle079

Where at are you in arkansas i havent had much luck at all

dragondad

Quote from: Cheek on December 19, 2014, 05:35:13 am

I'm going tomorrow with some coworkers up in Waldron. I think it's been hit a miss for most people this season. Of course, that describes most seasons for me....and usually more miss than hit. 

cuz

Killed a 4 man limit yesterday...

HorseFeathers

Guy I worked with said him and his buddy killed 2 limits yesterday morning....They were hunting somewhere around Atkins..

Quote from: lionfan59 on December 18, 2014, 08:07:43 am

....Oh HF.... :'(

Bahahaha

Hornet4ever

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on December 19, 2014, 05:50:50 am
Where at are you in arkansas i havent had much luck at all
Hackett, Arkansas Far west side of the state. Huntings been slow, the big ducks aren't here yet. Still up north, haven't completely migrated yet..

Hornet4ever

Quote from: dragondad on December 19, 2014, 06:14:34 am

I'm going tomorrow with some coworkers up in Waldron. I think it's been hit a miss for most people this season. Of course, that describes most seasons for me....and usually more miss than hit.
Deer season was slow for me.

JC Guy

Yeah I think it was for most people this year hornet. To many white oak acorns to be able to pattern them on my lease. A few guys killed some really nice bucks in the club I am in on high lines but I can't do that style of hunting. I am crappie killing now.

Ventman

I'm looking forward to hearing those spring gobblers going off in those trees! Hard to beat that!

Hornet4ever

Still good Deer hunting right now. A lot of good bucks moving in the post-rut. If you want a good buck gotta have motivation to devote to the stand or blind right now. They're not as pressured either.

big E

Our rut is just gettin ready to kick off at my place in mississippi.

JC Guy

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 20, 2014, 02:03:13 am
Still good Deer hunting right now. A lot of good bucks moving in the post-rut. If you want a good buck gotta have motivation to devote to the stand or blind right now. They're not as pressured either.
I will be back in the stand for the Christmas hunts. I hear you Vent on the thunder chickens. I will be doing my annual tour of the U.S. (4 states)

Ventman

Quote from: JC Guy on December 20, 2014, 04:26:13 am
Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 20, 2014, 02:03:13 am
I will be back in the stand for the Christmas hunts. I hear you Vent on the thunder chickens. I will be doing my annual tour of the U.S. (4 states)
Four states, that's awesome. I just hunt here in arkansas but may have an off chance of going to Kentucky this spring.

big E

Vent if you ever get the chance go to soutth carolina turkey hunting those birds put on a show.

cuz

Quote from: big E on December 21, 2014, 05:06:55 am
Vent if you ever get the chance go to soutth carolina turkey hunting those birds put on a show.
Brother said the same thing about South Carolina, and said the Mirriams in Montana really put on a show. Kansas has Turkeys galore, good place to take a kid. I like Missouri and Mississippi. Used to love the Quachita mtns, but the knees won't do them anymore..........

JC Guy

North west Oklahoma has Rio numbers like Texas did before the droughts. I do Alabama or Mississippi because of the early start (March 15) then Louisiana (late March and I live on the line) then Oklahoma and hunt the whole Arkansas season. Between my oldest boy and I we average 8 birds a year. At 17 that's one thing that he still has time to do with dad.

dragondad

Quote from: cuz on December 21, 2014, 09:13:10 am
Quote from: big E on December 21, 2014, 05:06:55 am
Brother said the same thing about South Carolina, and said the Mirriams in Montana really put on a show. Kansas has Turkeys galore, good place to take a kid. I like Missouri and Mississippi. Used to love the Quachita mtns, but the knees won't do them anymore..........

In Montana they call it Turkey killing, not hunting. I was told they're everywhere.

cuz

Quote from: JC Guy on December 21, 2014, 11:24:06 am
North west Oklahoma has Rio numbers like Texas did before the droughts. I do Alabama or Mississippi because of the early start (March 15) then Louisiana (late March and I live on the line) then Oklahoma and hunt the whole Arkansas season. Between my oldest boy and I we average 8 birds a year. At 17 that's one thing that he still has time to do with dad.
Best way to keep them out of trouble, also the best way to spend time with them.............

dragondad

No ducks in Waldron area, hope to find some soon down here in LA. (Lower Arkansas)

Proud Buckaroo

I worked with a guy that has a camp in Lake Village. He gets quite a bit of ducks every season.

Outloud

No. 56 and a couple of the other hazen players been killing ducks just about every time they go!!! Maybe yall should look em up!!!

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on December 21, 2014, 05:13:03 pm
No ducks in Waldron area, hope to find some soon down here in LA. (Lower Arkansas)
Felsenthal has plenty......

dragondad

Quote from: cuz on December 21, 2014, 07:02:29 pm

No boat, I'm stuck with walking in and I don't think there's been enough water to reach my secret honey hole. I'm gonna check it this week.

Cheek

Where.  There is no water in the refuge.

cuz

Quote from: Cheek on December 21, 2014, 10:44:57 pm

Killed Ducks in Red Eye on the east side and at Horse Shoe on the West.....

Cheek

Quote from: cuz on December 22, 2014, 07:51:24 am

I am in a hunting club that borders Felsenthal.   I can hear shots in Jones Lake, Blue Lake Slough and Shallow Lake.   I have not been hearing many shots this year.  The lack of water in the refuge has hurt our deer hunting. 

cuz

Quote from: Cheek on December 22, 2014, 08:27:44 am
Quote from: cuz on December 22, 2014, 07:51:24 am

I am in a hunting club that borders Felsenthal.   I can hear shots in Jones Lake, Blue Lake Slough and Shallow Lake.   I have not been hearing many shots this year.  The lack of water in the refuge has hurt our deer hunting.
You must be north of hwy 82 to hear Jones lake, can't believe you can hear Shallow lake, but Horshoe is between Shallow Lake and Spring Bayou. Yes the water low this year but plenty of places to hunt below 82....

Cheek

We have all the ground East of the Jones Lake Access and border the refuge until Lapoile Creek.

mlt

Quote from: JC Guy on December 19, 2014, 09:02:24 pm
Yeah I think it was for most people this year hornet. To many white oak acorns to be able to pattern them on my lease. A few guys killed some really nice bucks in the club I am in on high lines but I can't do that style of hunting. I am crappie killing now.

What lakes are you fishing for crappie?  Jig or minnows?

JC Guy

Cheek

Quote from: JC Guy on December 22, 2014, 05:33:03 pm
D'arbonne on jigs.

There you JC folks go.  Keep proving most of you are from LA.   Picking a lake in Louisiana .😃

JC Guy

Yeah I live one block in Arkansas. 30 minutes from my door to the ramp.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: JC Guy on December 22, 2014, 05:33:03 pm
D'arbonne on jigs.

But are they LA jigs or AR jigs? Cause im sure them LA jigs are like football players, just so much better.  ;D

JC Guy

Well pick they are Alabama jigs. Wilson picked them up for me when he was making his I-10 recruiting trip. Crimson and white with lil champion ship sparkles in them. :)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: JC Guy on December 22, 2014, 07:55:24 pm
Well pick they are Alabama jigs. Wilson picked them up for me when he was making his I-10 recruiting trip. Crimson and white with lil champion ship sparkles in them. :)

Oh, well no good fish in AR or LA will bite a stinking bama jig. Lol

JC Guy

All jokes aside the fishing has been weird for December. Water temperature is in the low 50's  and the lake hasn't turned over. I have fished five times in the past week and a half. Three times I burned them and twice I swung and mist. Been catching big slabs when I am on but can't find my consistent grove.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: JC Guy on December 22, 2014, 08:17:21 pm
All jokes aside the fishing has been weird for December. Water temperature is in the low 50's  and the lake hasn't turned over. I have fished five times in the past week and a half. Three times I burned them and twice I swung and mist. Been catching big slabs when I am on but can't find my consistent grove.

When is the fish fry? Crappie is my favorite fish to eat. 🎣🎣🎣

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 22, 2014, 08:24:11 pm

An FF Members Only Fish Fry, hosted by the 2A Champions? Hmmm That sounds like a good plan....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on December 22, 2014, 08:25:10 pm

An FF Members Only Fish Fry, hosted by the 2A Champions? Hmmm That sounds like a good plan....

Thats the least they could do for us.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 22, 2014, 08:27:30 pm
Quote from: HF on December 22, 2014, 08:25:10 pm

Thats the least they could do for us.

We'd have to request they not invite Tha Truth, or Dragon I...They would probably instigate a "party" ending Brawl lol

JC Guy

Maybe we need to do that and get some of the people that hate us just because we are from Junction to come and maybe they would find that some pretty good people live down here. You boys would eat La fish I assume? :)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: JC Guy on December 22, 2014, 08:30:42 pm
Maybe we need to do that and get some of the people that hate us just because we are from Junction to come and maybe they would find that some pretty good people live down here. You boys would eat La fish I assume? :)

Im not prejudice when it comes to fish.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas