• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Serious Junction City Question?

Started by mrknowitall, December 16, 2014, 09:16:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mrknowitall

I have heard tons of rumors of how many D1 kids are on JC's team. Just trying to get a real # of how many there are. By the way congrats on the State Championship!

cuz

Quote from: mrknowitall on December 16, 2014, 09:16:44 am
I have heard tons of rumors of how many D1 kids are on JC's team. Just trying to get a real # of how many there are. By the way congrats on the State Championship!
Two for sure, but given the chance 4-5 I believe.........

Dragon I

I know for sure three are going.  One as a preferred walk on.  He has small school offers and is hoping to land on scholly after his first year.

bleudog

Bell has an offer and verbal commit to Arkansas. 

Dancy has an offer and verbal commit to LA Tech.

Others may happen, but those are the only two that have been made public as far as I know.

dragondad

My opinion is we have another 4 or 5 that could go Juco and end up at a D1 if they really wanted to.

dart

dragondad

Poor dart, he post smack about JC vs anything about a team he supports 9:1

Come on down dart and be JC fan, maybe then you won't be so grouchy....relevance has a calming effect.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on December 16, 2014, 09:44:25 am
Bell has an offer and verbal commit to Arkansas. 

Dancy has an offer and verbal commit to LA Tech.

Others may happen, but those are the only two that have been made public as far as I know.

Thought I heard on the radio that SMU had offered Dancy now as well?

dragondad

Was announced that they were interested, but Qwis was quick to make it known he's 100% LA Tech Bulldog!

notsofast

Junction City cheats.  No way a school with an enrollment of 144 has 50 players out for football. Biggest farce I have ever seen.  35% of the boys in school play football?  Give me a break.  The band had some males as well.  Junction is doing something right... but it is wrong...

dragondad

December 18, 2014, 12:46:18 am #10 Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 12:51:33 am by dragondad
Quote from: notsofast on December 18, 2014, 12:37:48 am
Junction City cheats.  No way a school with an enrollment of 144 has 50 players out for football. Biggest farce I have ever seen.  35% of the boys in school play football?  Give me a break.  The band had some males as well.  Junction is doing something right... but it is wrong...

The 52 players are from 9th-12th, the enrollment of 144 is last year's 9th-11th count. 52 players / 4 = 13 boys, on average, per grade playing football.

Band is made up of 8th-12th grade and includes some JR high football players.

Also, 144 is the AR count, the AR/LA count is somewhere around 166 in last year's 9th-11th. Bleudog can, and has many many times, give the exact #.

STUNNA

dragondad

pj72501

I would think there could be more than 5 get DI offers or at least serious consideration.  I am not from Junction but I did sit in awe watching them play.  I have seen a lot of high school ball at different classes and they are up there with the best.  They lined up 11 on 11 and very few times got beat off the ball.  Some of that is taught, some natural ability, almost all of it is heart.  I think it shows when you have guys buy into a program this is what happens.  You don't have to like them, you can hate them, but all the did was win.  HATS OFF to the Champs.

Dragon#40

Here we go again...smh

JC Guy

Don't worry about it D#40 haters will hate. Same song different verse. Recent years fan bases pump them selves up to believe they are going to knock them dragons down a notch and dreams get shattered. You have heard the same things come out for the past couple of years (we have seen speed, they haven't seen a D like ours and the list goes on). Then reality sets in and instead of tipping the hat and saying the best team by far won the haters have to make excuses as to why they got blown out. It is ashame that it happens because not all of that teams fans feel that way and they get to read post responding to it that can be harsh. In my opioion it takes away from the accomplishments of the other team when they do this. Good job coaching staff and players for Hazen. Even when you knew you were out gunned you didn't quit and for that I tip my hat.

Hornet4ever

Armstrong should go somewhere. That kid frecken impressed me.

Outloud

Thanks jc guy!!! Hey, one heck of a team down there!!!! when we came in i didnt see the limo or the plane!!! Would loved to have seen them!!! Hey, maybe in a few years when yall get a new one you could do like graceland and have tours of plane, limo and bus!!!!(just joking, yall dont take it the wrong way!!!)

JC Guy

Quote from: Outloud on December 18, 2014, 08:43:40 pm
Thanks jc guy!!! Hey, one heck of a team down there!!!! when we came in i didnt see the limo or the plane!!! Would loved to have seen them!!! Hey, maybe in a few years when yall get a new one you could do like graceland and have tours of plane, limo and bus!!!!(just joking, yall dont take it the wrong way!!!)
Not a chance! I live here and I don't get to go into our version of area51.

Dayton Kitchens

IIRC, there is a very small school in Missouri at the geographical center of the United States that has won multiple state football titles.

Something like 75% of their male students are in the football program.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on December 18, 2014, 09:27:47 pm

IIRC, there is a very small school in Missouri at the geographical center of the United States that has won multiple state football titles.

Can't argue the football part...but the geographic center of the of the Lower 48 is in Kansas :D

STUNNA

What is the name of the school?

tacklethis...

What about Armstrong? I understand he is faster than Dancy at 185. Very impressive...

cuz

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 19, 2014, 01:14:25 pm
What about Armstrong? I understand he is faster than Dancy at 185. Very impressive...
Armstrong and Dancy are about the same. He received a offer from OBU....

tacklethis...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: STUNNA on December 19, 2014, 12:08:35 pm

Only school I could find near the United States Population Center in Missouri, is a little school in Texas County called Plato. They don't play football though.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 19, 2014, 01:14:25 pm

Armstrong is the faster of the two and will make for a good def player for whoever he signs with

STUNNA

Quote from: HF on December 19, 2014, 06:14:37 pm

Only school I could find near the United States Population Center in Missouri, is a little school in Texas County called Plato. They don't play football though.
Only small school I can think of in missouri that has won multiple titles lately is in Marryville, Mo... The Marryville Spoofhounds... They are a little well oiled machine... Lol

pj72501

Quote from: STUNNA on December 20, 2014, 07:09:10 am
Quote from: HF on December 19, 2014, 06:14:37 pm

Only small school I can think of in missouri that has won multiple titles lately is in Marryville, Mo... The Marryville Spoofhounds... They are a little well oiled machine... Lol

Valley Catholic   High School is a 1A school in St. Genevieve south of St. Louis has won a lot of state titles.  I know most of their boys play football.

jsk

They buy in to the program. They believe in them selves. Its a real family atmosphere there.
Please Don't tell me your are another HATER?

JC Guy

Quote from: jsk on December 23, 2014, 11:27:49 pm

They buy in to the program. They believe in them selves. Its a real family atmosphere there.
Yeah I'm not claiming to be an authority on haters but I believe he qualifies as one.

dragondad

Quote from: JC Guy on December 24, 2014, 03:06:58 am

Yeah I'm not claiming to be an authority on haters but I believe he qualifies as one.

What's funny is, he's a Forrest City fan. Haters far and wide!

JC Guy

Quote from: dragondad on December 24, 2014, 07:33:22 am

Glad to see we are covering the entire state!

dragondad

Quote from: JC Guy on December 24, 2014, 09:21:47 am
Quote from: dragondad on December 24, 2014, 07:33:22 am

Glad to see we are covering the entire state!

And every classification!

HorseFeathers

AT least he's going by the actual enrollment of the school instead of using the your City has to many people for you to be a 2A School.(Which for the record...the program with the least success in my lifetime(marvell) draws from a population larger than Junction City....go figure)

The_Devil_Himself

There are those of us who will never believe differently about JC.

JC Guy

Quote from: HF on December 25, 2014, 08:01:35 pm
AT least he's going by the actual enrollment of the school instead of using the your City has to many people for you to be a 2A School.(Which for the record...the program with the least success in my lifetime(marvell) draws from a population larger than Junction City....go figure)
What I would really love to know is how bad it really eats these guys that hope, pray and wish really bad for Junction to stumble and it doesn't happen. Judging by a lot of the hater post that hit the boards they sit around and fester. I was passing time this evening reading through the threads and man some guys need to get a life.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on December 25, 2014, 08:25:49 pm
Quote from: HF on December 25, 2014, 08:01:35 pm
What I would really love to know is how bad it really eats these guys that hope, pray and wish really bad for Junction to stumble and it doesn't happen. Judging by a lot of the hater post that hit the boards they sit around and fester. I was passing time this evening reading through the threads and man some guys need to get a life.

haha yeah.... I've been all over the spectrum this year on the Junction City arguments. Oh well it is what it is though...

JC Guy

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on December 25, 2014, 08:19:14 pm
You are entitled to that belief but just remember at one time people thought the earth was flat. Thus just because you believe something that don't make it true!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on December 25, 2014, 08:37:59 pm
You are entitled to that belief but just remember at one time people thought the earth was flat. Thus just because you believe something that don't make it true!

what was bad about the earth is flat people....is that it was proved wrong a long time before the masses changed their opinion too...lol

JC Guy

Quote from: HF on December 25, 2014, 08:42:45 pm
Quote from: JC Guy on December 25, 2014, 08:37:59 pm

what was bad about the earth is flat people....is that it was proved wrong a long time before the masses changed their opinion too...lol
All of that nonsense reminds me of a deal I had at work one time. We used a labor service and they had a really high turnover rate. So they started doing exit interviews and approached me with what they had found. They had a list of things that the ex employees said we had done or not done. My question for the labor service was how many guys are going to tell you they are to sorry to do the job. My company (supervision) had the nerve to actually make guys work for the pay. The moral to the story is maybe JC is out working everyone else and the haters may be like the guys from the labor service ( can't cut it so it's someone else's fault).

Beaver Fever

They might work hard but I'm sure there are several schools that work just as hard so you cant say that.  What they have right now is natural talent, it comes in cycles.  They are the 2000's version of the Barton bears.  What would be interesting would be to know how long each kid went to school there and which ones are move-ins. I know during Barton's run they had alotof kids move in to play.

dragondad#1

All these kids started in kindergarten at JC....

Outloud

Wait a minute, just wait a dang miute!!!! You mean the world aint flat?

dragondad

Quote from: Beaver Fever on December 26, 2014, 09:12:41 am
They might work hard but I'm sure there are several schools that work just as hard so you cant say that.  What they have right now is natural talent, it comes in cycles.  They are the 2000's version of the Barton bears.  What would be interesting would be to know how long each kid went to school there and which ones are move-ins. I know during Barton's run they had alotof kids move in to play.

NLR has a ton of talent, and a ton of "move-ins". That's why they're not just state champions but also National Champions......right?

bleudog

December 26, 2014, 11:30:02 am #45 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:41:36 am by bleudog

Your question could be answered by attending the next graduation ceremony.  They do a class history during graduation and all kids who started kindergarten together stand up.  As they progress thru the years, other kids stand up as they came in.  The funny part is when a kid leaves and comes back.  They have to sit down until their return year.  ;D

I'd think in most graduating classes, 80%+ will have spent K-12 in the school.  JC exempted from school choice so non-resident transfers in or out are of the traditional kind that have to be approved by both boards.  There aren't many of those transfers.  Most kids in the system have had multiple generations of their family graduate as Dragons. 

Not a lot of economic activity in the district plus the El Dorado/Murphy Promise back in '07 slowed the exodus to all of the smaller districts out of the El Dorado District.  There is a possibility the lumber mill might reopen and there have been some poultry farmers able to reopen their houses.  So that economic deal might turn around a little.

JC Guy

This team has a ton talent no doubt but as someone stated in an earlier post this bunch of seniors and Beardon played to the bitter end a couple of years back. If you look at the two teams they both had a ton of sophomores and juniors playing in that game. I know Beardon got bit with injuries this year but even if they hadn't JC still out classed them. This is what I base my statement on. I know firsthand how much the JC boys put into trying to get better. I wasn't downing any team at all I was talking directly to the excuse makers/haters.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas