• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jc vs smackover 2015 lets go ahead and get started

Started by THA TRUTH, December 13, 2014, 09:06:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

THA TRUTH

Forty game win streak on the line who comes out on top

HorseCollar

Congrats to JC! Y'all got it done and we didn't. Should be an epic battle at buckaroo stadium next year. Can't wait

Proud Buckaroo

I really feel like we can win it this time. Like you said previously before. If you take Dancy out of the first game. THe score would have been 19-15. I THINK you were the one who said that.

THA TRUTH

I sure was but don't think cj johnson is worth atleast 1 or two scores

Proud Buckaroo

Oh, yeah. I know he's a talent kid. But no where near Dancy.

THA TRUTH

dragondad

We'll put a little weight on CJ this off-season. His bench is 275 now, his goal is 295 by May. He went to the AR-Varsity combine with us back in May and came in 5th overall out of over 200 attendees.

JC will be just fine with CJ as the feature back.

WPWells

Dragon I

Another tough one!  Can't wait.  If JC wins the first two next year, Bartons record will fall.

Ventman

How many has JC won now? Didn't barton win 60+ straight?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragon I on December 13, 2014, 11:43:58 pm
Another tough one!  Can't wait.  If JC wins the first two next year, Bartons record will fall.

Ummm, i think they will have go all next year and over half of year after for that to happen.

Why didnt you come down and introduce yourself at the game?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on December 13, 2014, 11:55:15 pm

J.c. is at 40 or 41 and yea Bartons is 63 i believe.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 14, 2014, 12:18:43 am
Quote from: Ventman on December 13, 2014, 11:55:15 pm

J.c. is at 40 or 41 and yea Bartons is 63 i believe.

Believe it's 40, it's the longest active(11 ahead of Charleston), and it's the 4th longest streak in the Arkansas HIgh School Football History...Barton 63, Dollarway 54, Greenwood 50, and J.C at 40 now.

Dragon I

I got there late.  My nephew had a birthday party.  Spent the game on the sideline.

Wilson

As of the semifinal win last week their 39 straight was tied for 7th longest "active" streak in the nation right now according to maxpreps. .. not sure if any of the teams ahead of them lost this weekend to move JC up the list.  will have to check later this week after its updated

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wilson on December 14, 2014, 12:32:00 am
As of the semifinal win last week their 39 straight was tied for 7th longest "active" streak in the nation right now according to maxpreps. .. not sure if any of the teams ahead of them lost this weekend to move JC up the list.  will have to check later this week after its updated

As far as the Arkansas Streaks go, Charleston's will be the most interesting to me. They're winning streak, is their current HC's W/L record as an HC. He's 29-0 with 2 State Titles...What a way to begin a career.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragon I on December 14, 2014, 12:29:52 am
I got there late.  My nephew had a birthday party.  Spent the game on the sideline.

We were on the 50, 2nd row. I know i stood out, pretty sure i was only person on j.c.'s side in a green hoodie. Lol

bleudog

December 14, 2014, 06:30:40 am #17 Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:34:37 am by bleudog
Quote from: HF on December 14, 2014, 12:36:08 am
Quote from: Wilson on December 14, 2014, 12:32:00 am

As far as the Arkansas Streaks go, Charleston's will be the most interesting to me. They're winning streak, is their current HC's W/L record as an HC. He's 29-0 with 2 State Titles...What a way to begin a career.

I didn't  realize the Charleston coach had only been there two years. It will be interesting to see what happens during their next tough game when 73 of their 79 plays can't be T Storey left, T Storey right, T Storey up the middle or T Storey throw the ball.

WPWells

I'm interested to see what Charleston does. We'll have the athletes but obviously not an SEC-caliber quarterback. I expect us to go back to a run-based offense because the guy that was the backup this year is a very good runner, we return our running back, and we get two guys up from Junior High who were also excellent backs

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on December 13, 2014, 10:24:47 pm
We'll put a little weight on CJ this off-season. His bench is 275 now, his goal is 295 by May. He went to the AR-Varsity combine with us back in May and came in 5th overall out of over 200 attendees.

JC will be just fine with CJ as the feature back.
If I'm not mistaken he's has a little brother just as good who will be a soph. next year........

dragondad

No, CJ doesn't have a little brother. You're probably thinking of Jaylon Davis, younger brother of #56 DJ Brown. Jaylon's fast, good hands, hope they play him at receiver.

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on December 14, 2014, 11:36:43 am
No, CJ doesn't have a little brother. You're probably thinking of Jaylon Davis, younger brother of #56 DJ Brown. Jaylon's fast, good hands, hope they play him at receiver.
You're right DD, I remember the name Jaylon. Saw him play once and was impressed. Those two ought to make a great combo in the back-field....

JC Guy

This will interesting to say the least. JC reloads at the skill positions on O and will be veteran at the front seven on D if that's the way the coaches line it up. The Bucks return a ton of skill players and lose the O line. On paper it looks like another great game.

Hornet4ever

If Smackover is losing some good starters I say JC wins again, if the Buckaroos arent then I say JC loses the streak. Smackover isnt bad.

Dragon I

Smackover loses all five linemen, the QB, and Elmo.  That's why it's going to be a good game.  They both lose a ton.

BUCK FEVER

2015 both JC and Smackover most likley will be preseason #1 pics

copy from another thread.

The 11 GRADERS RETURNING won there 7th grade conference title undefeated, also including non conference win over a previous undefeated Camden Fairview,

in the 8th grade they went undefeated again winning , west side conference title and overall conference title.,

in the 9th grade they won there west side conference, setting up a overall conf title game with east side champ Mcgehee........these (then) 9th graders (now(11th).....entered that final Jr high game with a 32-0 record......................led Mcgehee at the half.........THE owl staff made the proper adjustments at halftime, the Buck staff did not................the Bucks lost that final game of there jr high carees by 4 points...........I personally took that lose harder than The one last night......I guess because I knew we were better and should have won............Last night we were not suppose to win and were seconds away from doing so, I left War memorial stadium with a tremendous sense of Pride....

This is where many folks see the BUCKAROOS as being the team to beat next YEAR, I have always felt,(just my opinion) 2015 would be the bucks year.....the right players are back, a GOOD GROUP MOVING UP..........LOGAN and some line will be missed.........I think some will be surprised with QB Bo Burson....I don"t want to sound foolish and compare him to Johnny football, but this kid plays that style, if he continues to mature and improve he will be fun to watch and he will get the job done, look for some swapping at times at QB BO-jordan-Purifoy.............JMHO.

cuz

Quote from: JC Guy on December 14, 2014, 02:51:20 pm
This will interesting to say the least. JC reloads at the skill positions on O and will be veteran at the front seven on D if that's the way the coaches line it up. The Bucks return a ton of skill players and lose the O line. On paper it looks like another great game.
30   Bryant   11   
80   Butler   11   
10   Cope   11   
44   Fennell   11   
53   Freeman   11 Started 
  5   Gorman   11   
70   Kemp   11   Started
55   McLelland   11  Started
63   Pratt   11   Started
11   Smith   11   Started
51   Woods   11   Started

4   Armstrong   12   Started
25   Avery   12   
40   Bell   12   Started
56   Brown   12  Started
  3   Dancy   12   Started
  7   Evans   12   Started
13   Gibson   12   Started
  8   Holyfield   12   Started
  2   Levingston   12  Started
52   Mason   12   Started
24   Matthews   12   Started
  6   Rogers   12   Started
67   Singelton   12  Started
21   Smith   12   
57   Thurmon   12  Started

28   Brown   10 
23   Johnson   10

BUCK FEVER

December 14, 2014, 06:44:30 pm #27 Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:46:06 pm by BUCK FEVER
Some key players returning for Smackover, .#3-#5-#6-#8#9-#10-#16-#44

#3 Micheal Edwards
#5 Dewayne Jones
#6 Willie Davis
#8 Kieandre Purifoy
#9 Bo Burson
#10 Jordan Jones
#16 Marquis White
#44 Trevor Eppinette

(the Rucks kid) moving up will be a immediate impact player....plus a few more very good freshmen.

others with considerable playing time.

#56 Jackson Leach
#18 Tyler Davis
#25 Austin Jones
#62 Reave Mullens....should replace an O-lineman.....6-2....230
#60 Ryan Johnson.....should replace an O-lineman....6-2....250
#66 Ryan Jerry..........should replace an O-lineman....6-0...235
#74 Andrew Odom.....should replace an O-lineman....6-0....230....possible ..center

other quality reserves
BOONE
HATCHER
WILLIAMS
WAGES
LONGING
STRICKLAND
THOMAS
BROWN
WITHERINGTON...........POSSIBLE O-LINE...REPLACMENT.....6-3.....290
Hamilton
bates
hill
RAY
COLLINS

cuz

I think we have some 9th graders who will be Soph. that will contribute a lot next year along with some Soph. that saw considerable playing time this year. Several of the freshman saw a quarter or more in some of the playoff games. Like Gatecrasher said we reload..... ;)

JC Guy

If memory serves me our seniors next year lost two in junior high ( the Bucks and PC ). With that said we have two undefeated classes behind them. Cuz that group of studs that will be seniors will be as nasty a front seven as you will find next year.

cuz

Quote from: JC Guy on December 14, 2014, 07:42:30 pm
If memory serves me our seniors next year lost two in junior high ( the Bucks and PC ). With that said we have two undefeated classes behind them. Cuz that group of studs that will be seniors will be as nasty a front seven as you will find next year.
I agree, our secondary will be awful young. QB is a week spot, no speed, or inexperience. The backups at that position all are week in experience, but 2 have good speed, the other a little more experience but  a little slow. All have a lot of heart so maybe that'll make up for the short comings. CJ will probably end up playing both ways. Freeman and McClellan played great but will have to step up more helping the new secondary players. Both are excellent LB's wish they had another 20lbs and a little more speed, but both have good work ethics and will improve. They're both Ball Hawks so we'll see. I think some of the freshman will contribute immediately also. Young but very talented. Hoping to se 40 become 41........... ;)

dragondad#1

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: dragondad#1 on December 14, 2014, 11:25:07 pm
The two losses were to (pc) and Rison....

Must have been, I do not think smack and jc have played ea other in jr high in a few years ,untill this year.

JC Guy

May have been a scrimmage. Or maybe not. Really can't remember for sure but I swear I thought they played. With two playing and going different directions it has been to many moons. A touch of old timers is setting in because I don't remember the Rison loss either. I clearly remember the PC loss ( thought coach was going to have a break down).

dragondad

JR'S and SR's scrimmaged against the Bucks and another team in 2011 and 2012 I believe. It was a 3 team scrimmage.

cuz

Quote from: JC Guy on December 15, 2014, 09:55:49 am
May have been a scrimmage. Or maybe not. Really can't remember for sure but I swear I thought they played. With two playing and going different directions it has been to many moons. A touch of old timers is setting in because I don't remember the Rison loss either. I clearly remember the PC loss ( thought coach was going to have a break down).
Coach wasn't the only one.....lol

dragondad#1

Proud Buckaroo

I am already ready for this game. Football is over, and I don't know what I'm going to do with my friday's off anymore. I like basketball, but I do not go to many games.

Old Scrapper

I don't know how much either one of y'all are losing this year but sure would like to see this game. I watched Smackover Friday and was impressed, I saw one bone head move that cost the team, it allowed Charleston to get a 1st down and went on to score on that drive. (the throat slash drive) Sorry but I don't think the best team won that game!
I do think and know the best team won the 2A.

cuz

Quote from: Old Scrapper on December 15, 2014, 02:00:02 pm
I don't know how much either one of y'all are losing this year but sure would like to see this game. I watched Smackover Friday and was impressed, I saw one bone head move that cost the team, it allowed Charleston to get a 1st down and went on to score on that drive. (the throat slash drive) Sorry but I don't think the best team won that game!
I do think and know the best team won the 2A.
I do wish you'd got to see the whole backfield from JC, instead of the one dimensional back field that'd played they're a whole lot more impressive. But losing the whole backfield of Holyfield, Dancy, Armstrong and Evans are some tough shoes to fill, along with Mason on the D line and the whole secondary. We have 6 juniors that started and saw a lot of action all year going both ways, along with a few Soph. Freeman will head up the secondary on D and he's should be a stand-out his senior year. We also have some great freshman that will be soph.'s, they will be young but who will step-up and do the job.. Smackover will be very challenging and should set the tone of the season next year.........

BIGDOG

JC has had a great run. One of the best in small school history but they are losing way to much to be the same caliber team next year. I think the streak will end in week one. Smackover will be too fast. JC will come back to Earth next year. I don't they win the 8-2A next year.

Dragon I

If they beat Rison week two, they win it.  Should be a good game.

BIGDOG

Quote from: Dragon I on December 15, 2014, 03:33:07 pm

I agree, I think JC will have to much to replace. Dancy and Bell are SEC talent and #52 and #4 will play college ball somewhere. #4 will play DB or WR in college. Coach Carpenter runs a great program but even he cant replace this years talent. JC may start out 0-2 in 2015. Still top 5 program in 2A.

Backwoods Bart

Hold on a minute now.......

BIGDOG

Quote from: BIGDOG on December 15, 2014, 04:26:28 pm

I agree, I think JC will have to much to replace. Dancy and Bell are SEC talent and #52 and #4 will play college ball somewhere. #4 will play DB or WR in college. Coach Carpenter runs a great program but even he cant replace this years talent. JC may start out 0-2 in 2015. Still top 5 team in 2A.

Astate37

I agree, I think JC will have to much to replace. Dancy and Bell are SEC talent and #52 and #4 will play college ball somewhere. #4 will play DB or WR in college. Coach Carpenter runs a great program but even he cant replace this years talent. JC may start out 0-2 in 2015. Still top 5 program in 2A.
Coach Carpenter obviously won't be able to put the same level of talent on the field next year as he did this year, but what some of you seem to be forgetting is just how much better they were than everyone else in 2A. They mercy ruled every single 2A team they played. Every. Single. One. So yes the talent level will drop a few notches but I'd be surprised if they aren't still on par with the other top teams in 2A talent wise. Throw in the fact that Coach is great at getting the most out of his players and you'd be silly to count them out already.

cuz

Quote from: Astate37 on December 15, 2014, 11:09:50 pm

Coach Carpenter obviously won't be able to put the same level of talent on the field next year as he did this year, but what some of you seem to be forgetting is just how much better they were than everyone else in 2A. They mercy ruled every single 2A team they played. Every. Single. One. So yes the talent level will drop a few notches but I'd be surprised if they aren't still on par with the other top teams in 2A talent wise. Throw in the fact that Coach is great at getting the most out of his players and you'd be silly to count them out already.
+1 post and a very astute observation...............

green-eagle

Got a question, which team(s) are disappointed the most...

Smackover for not winning the 3A crown
Or Junction City because Smackover didnt win the 3A crown?

May the fur/hair/scales/feathers/skin fly!!!

dragondad

As close as the 3A title game was, I'd say it doesn't matter.....JC made their statement regardless of how that game turned out.

green-eagle

Quote from: dragondad on December 16, 2014, 06:17:30 pm
As close as the 3A title game was, I'd say it doesn't matter.....JC made their statement regardless of how that game turned out.

Now, mr dagondad, you cant tell me that a part of you was wishing that Smackover had won and it wasnt an Union county thing! Just imagine the additional threads like the year sin Foundation Lake won the 3A

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas