• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Kennon for 2A Coach of the Year

Started by FD4, December 12, 2014, 05:47:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FD4

Hey, not saying that the three nominated guys are not worthy.  At the beginning of the season each one of these coaches teams were picked to finish at the top of their district and if not at the number two spot.  But if you think about McCrory and head coach Chris Kennon you see this.  A third year head coach who's team was selected pre season to finish 4th in their district, a district that featured a team which played in the 2013 finals.  A team which had several guys that would have started and several others that would have gotten serious playing time had they kept up the grades, or opted to play in two sports instead of holding out for just baseball.  A team that had a starting RB/DB quit in the middle of the season along with a starting lineman.  But yet in spite of all that, a team that was coached to an 8 game win streak, that fought its way into the semifinals against a district foe that has gone 14/0 and playing for a championship.  I go back and repeat this, 3rd year head coach, who selected a strong supporting staff including a former and wily old head coach.  Put together a package out of minimum resources that was able to get his skill players in position to make plays on both sides of the ball all season and was in reality only one score away from possibly playing for a championship.  Yes sir, Chris Kennon gets my vote for 2A coach of the year.

The_Devil_Himself

playmaker04

I consider Chris a good friend. Played men's softball with him for years and he is competitive as they come. Great guy,great sense of humor and a great coach.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas