• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CLASS 2A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME CAPSULE

Started by BarclayAlmanac, December 11, 2014, 08:03:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BarclayAlmanac

CLASS 2A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Saturday, December 13, 6:30 p.m., War Memorial Stadium
JUNCTION CITY VS HAZEN

JUNCTION CITY DRAGONS (12-0)
Head coach: David Carpenter
(211-65 overall, 194-41 at Junction City)
Playoff appearances: 18
Playoff record: 53-12
State championships: (5) 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2003
State championship games (6)
2013 defeated Des Arc, 60-0
2012 defeated Bearden, 27-26
2009 defeated Bearden, 24-14
2008 defeated Des Arc, 10-8
2006 lost to Jessieville, 20-19
2003 defeated Barton, 40-12
FEARLESS FACTS: Carpenter went over the 200-win plateau in the season opener this season ... The Dragons have won four of the last six state championships and five in the past 12 years. ... Junction City beat Des Arc, 60-0, for last year's state championship with a perfect offensive performance, scoring on all nine possessions with 494 yards of offense. ... JaQwis Dancy has rushed for 1,937 yards and 28 touchdowns this year, and has rushed for 5,188 yards and 60 touchdowns in his career on only 402 carries for an average of 12.9 yards per tote and a touchdown once every seven carries. ... The Dragons have won 39 straight games, including all 13 last season and the final 14 games in 2012, marking the fourth longest winning streak in Arkansas high school history:
63 – Barton, 1986-1990 (lost to Rison, 27-20)
51 – PB Dollarway, 1988-1991 (lost to Fordyce, 12-8)
50 – Greenwood, 2010-2013 (lost to Pine Bluff, 37-34)

HAZEN HORNETS (14-0)
Head coach: Joe Besancon
(57-22-1 at Hazen)
Playoff appearances: 23
Playoff record: 21-22
State championships: (0)
State championship games: (3)
1982 lost to Rison, 2-0
1973 lost to Farmington, 10-6
FEARLESS FACT: Besancon is a 1990 graduate of North Pulaski. ... Hazen has played in two state championship games, losing both times in close, almost heart-breaking, contests. ... Hazen last played in the state championship game in 1982, losing to Rison, 2-0, on a third quarter safety when Hazen fell on a bad snap while trying to punt in a game played on a muddy field at Hazen after torrential rains saturated the field. ... Hazen also lost in the title game in 1973 to Farmington, 10-6, when Hazen was stopped at the 1 late by a Farmington goal-line stand. ... Quarterback Logan Penn has rushed for 34 touchdowns this season. ... Hazen has outscored its opponents this season by a 551-96 count while holding 13 of 14 opponents to two touchdowns or less, including six shutouts, and scoring more than 40 points eight times. ... With 29 wins, this is Hazen's winningest class in school history.

cuz

Pick_DA_EAGLES

bleudog

hornetfanx7

December 12, 2014, 07:45:58 pm #4 Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 08:01:57 pm by hornetfanx7
Williams would be the name of the Hazen Quarterback.

Hater

No doubt this group of kids has had the talent for years too bad their head coach has NONE. They should of been playing in championship games every year it took 3NEW Coaches to get them there this year!!

jsk

Class 2A Bulletin Board Material / DESTROYED DRAGONS HAVE BEEN FOUND
« on: November 09, 2007, 11:16:28 pm »
Well, well, well. The smack talk between THE DRAGONS and the Hazen HORNETS is over and the ball has been snapped the last time. Is there any wonder the THE DRAGONS came out on top. The score was 45 to 0. That's right 0. The under rated HORNETS found out that THE DRAGONS  are a for real team. We are not over rated. We hit hard and go long.

Now tonight  we were our own worst enemy but we got past that. However I said I would get on here and give props to THE HORNETS. They have a good group of boys and some of them are tough we were just too much for them. Lisko #66 great athlete. This kid was used for every thing and he is big. Ask him about trying to pull down #12 for THE DRAGONS. Ask any of them about the hard hitting DRAGONS.
Now I have to say also I talked to some the Hazen people and they were some of the nicest people. Hope you guys had a good safe ride home. Also let us know about the kid that the ambulance came for. Hope he is ok. Also the team played with honor and good sportsmenship!

By the way, What is that crazy punt/ under handed pass thing you guys did on fourth down? I've never seen that before. Trying to draw a pass interference call?

Now I can't help this were are you Blaze, Fence Jockey? You guys have talked a lot of the smack about hitting the southern boys in the mouth. Now that's over what do you have too say. The only ones that got hit tonight were THE HORNETS. If you guys play in the toughest conference in the state then you need to regroup. Just giveing you a hard time boys.

Friday night will come and THE DRAGONS shall follow, for their victims no football tomorrow

Dose anybody remember this game? Remember the fake punt? Iknow this was a long time ago.

cuz

Quote from: jsk on December 12, 2014, 08:36:53 pm

Class 2A Bulletin Board Material / DESTROYED DRAGONS HAVE BEEN FOUND
« on: November 09, 2007, 11:16:28 pm »
Well, well, well. The smack talk between THE DRAGONS and the Hazen HORNETS is over and the ball has been snapped the last time. Is there any wonder the THE DRAGONS came out on top. The score was 45 to 0. That's right 0. The under rated HORNETS found out that THE DRAGONS  are a for real team. We are not over rated. We hit hard and go long.

Now tonight  we were our own worst enemy but we got past that. However I said I would get on here and give props to THE HORNETS. They have a good group of boys and some of them are tough we were just too much for them. Lisko #66 great athlete. This kid was used for every thing and he is big. Ask him about trying to pull down #12 for THE DRAGONS. Ask any of them about the hard hitting DRAGONS.
Now I have to say also I talked to some the Hazen people and they were some of the nicest people. Hope you guys had a good safe ride home. Also let us know about the kid that the ambulance came for. Hope he is ok. Also the team played with honor and good sportsmenship!

By the way, What is that crazy punt/ under handed pass thing you guys did on fourth down? I've never seen that before. Trying to draw a pass interference call?

Now I can't help this were are you Blaze, Fence Jockey? You guys have talked a lot of the smack about hitting the southern boys in the mouth. Now that's over what do you have too say. The only ones that got hit tonight were THE HORNETS. If you guys play in the toughest conference in the state then you need to regroup. Just giveing you a hard time boys.

Friday night will come and THE DRAGONS shall follow, for their victims no football tomorrow

Dose anybody remember this game? Remember the fake punt? Iknow this was a long time ago.
I think....
2007-11-09   45 - 0 JC

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas